PDA

View Full Version : Summer Time

Nina
06-03-2006, 01:47 PM
June 3rd. Germany.
It's raining, in the south of German it's snowing. It's very cold for this time of the year (10 - 15C) and extremly windy.

I am not the only person who finds this dangerously depressing, right?

I want summer to come. I've been waiting for two years.

Prahv, Spires of Order
06-03-2006, 01:50 PM
Lucky. Its like scorching hot all the way over here in Ranvica. Its a humid 92 Degrees Fahernheit. Personally I like the weather outside when its gray, gloomy, quiet, windy and/or raining. And snowy, but it rarely snows here.

Nina
06-03-2006, 01:52 PM
I agree, humid weather is disgusting. But not having any warm weather at all gets on the nerves of the majority of people, I believe.

killer_queen
06-03-2006, 01:52 PM
Right now I'm just feeling sorry for myself because it's impossible for me to take off more clothes since there's only a shirt and shorts on my body. Rainy wheaters might be depressing but I can guarantee that they are so much better than sweating and not being able to sleep.

Yayz for rain and wind!

Nina
06-03-2006, 01:53 PM
Yayz for rain and wind!

DONT SAY THAT.

I'd trade any day. Spending six weeks in Iran in July/August didnt do me any harm, either. rar.

Tizzalicious
06-03-2006, 01:54 PM
Ah man, yes. I hate it too. I'm still wearing my wintercoat. And gloves. What the fuck? It's raining all the time, it's cold, and blah. It looks more like fall than spring//summer.

HornyPope
06-03-2006, 01:54 PM
It's shit weather here too. Was beautiful all week, and now it crapped out.

HeadAroundU
06-03-2006, 01:55 PM
It pretty much sucks here too!
but that's good while having exams. When I'm done then I'm ready for a summer time.

and no, I'm not depressed.

Endymion
06-03-2006, 01:56 PM
come visit southern california, nina. you can crash on my sofa.

wheelchairman
06-03-2006, 01:57 PM
It was beautiful on my last day of class. My last week actually. I love the Danish summer.

However it rained on the mailman today, for all 5 hours. :(

Prahv, Spires of Order
06-03-2006, 01:57 PM
Europe always has the best weather. No major hurricanes or tsuanamis and stuff like that.

Sunny
06-03-2006, 01:58 PM
oh Nina you're not alone. I'm sitting here in my room, wearing

1) wifebeater
2) cardigan
3) fleece
4) jeans
5) wool socks
6) fuzzy boots

and i'm fucking freezing my god damned ass off, thanks.

european summer 06 ftw!

Prahv, where in TX are you? i like Austin weather even though it's hot.. but it doesn't get disgustingly humid.

Andy
06-03-2006, 01:58 PM
It's been a really nice day over here. However, the best way I could think of using the sun's heat was for drying my just-washed clothes with. Nicest day for AGES and I spent it doing washing.

Prahv, Spires of Order
06-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Prahv, where in TX are you? i like Austin weather even though it's hot.. but it doesn't get disgustingly humid.

Denton County. It gets humid enough over here.

Izie
06-03-2006, 02:06 PM
Haha, we turned on all the electric heaters today and blew a fuse. Then we sat around freezing till my dad fixed it.

This makes me le sad. Rain and cold and I'm sick and I can't go out and WAHHHH.

the_GoDdEsS
06-03-2006, 02:07 PM
The heating is on and I am wearing wool socks. Win! And I got a mild cold because I was standing in the shitty weather and rain this week and no bus was coming for almost half an hour. And you know, when you don't put on too many clothes because it's supposed to be warm.

Vera
06-03-2006, 02:08 PM
*hums Summer Lovin' from Grease*

Kira
06-04-2006, 07:58 AM
New Jersey has been ideal, lately. Save for a one day of rain and when it hit the mid-90's. But I've been enjoying the 80 degree weather anddd actually being exposed to the sun. :D

Rag Doll
06-04-2006, 04:25 PM
uh, south jersey, kira. cause it's been rainy and cloudy and generally miserable for quite a while up here.

*kicks something*

i didn't realize Sunny was in europe at first and i'm reading her post like "wtf are you CRAZY?!"... o_O

Sinister
06-04-2006, 04:31 PM
Strangely enough, the weather here's been awesome last week. mid-20 celsius, sunny, overall quite enjoyable.

Paint_It_Black
06-04-2006, 07:16 PM
I want winter back.

WebDudette
06-04-2006, 08:54 PM
Summer in Arizona = Hell... Probably about 110(f) today.

Prahv, Spires of Order
06-04-2006, 08:56 PM
I want winter back.

I want winter but I also want the summer vacation.

Rocky-girl
06-06-2006, 05:05 AM
Last week here was fine weather 25C. But not it became really crazy! Day - 30-32 hot and without wind, night - 20 strong wind like storm and rain! Awful!!!

Llamas
06-06-2006, 05:08 AM
been about 80F here... think that's around 27ish in C? My F-C conversion sucks, haha. was around 93F last week... that's aruond 35C. It was hell. :( but I live in the land of polar temperature changes, and extreme weather... and I actually love it. everything from -30F to 95F.

Lars
06-06-2006, 06:21 AM
You know what I hate about sunshine here? Too many retards feel the need to take their shirts off once it goes over about 20c. Sure it may never be has hideous as that undulating flubber on that girls stomach with a tshirt that was too small to cover it at the train station in Inverness but I don't want to see it. As I see it, if I can wear a t-shirt in 40-50c heat they can wear one in any 'hot' temperature over here.

Izie
06-06-2006, 06:35 AM
You know what I hate about sunshine here? Too many retards feel the need to take their shirts off once it goes over about 20c. Sure it may never be has hideous as that undulating flubber on that girls stomach with a tshirt that was too small to cover it at the train station in Inverness but I don't want to see it. As I see it, if I can wear a t-shirt in 40-50c heat they can wear one in any 'hot' temperature over here.

I have a friend who's planning on being the Prime Minister of Serbia some day. I proposed he should tax all fat people who intentionally dress so that their fat comes bulging out.

In short, I agree with you.

Nina
06-06-2006, 10:22 AM
I absolutely agree as well.
That's the downside of summer time.
And why do most of these people have belly button piercings as well? (thank god I am only speaking of the female majority).

JoY
06-06-2006, 10:23 AM
Ah man, yes. I hate it too. I'm still wearing my wintercoat. And gloves. What the fuck? It's raining all the time, it's cold, and blah. It looks more like fall than spring//summer.
I dunno, but it's pretty sunny over here.

platinumpt
06-06-2006, 10:25 AM
June 3rd. Germany.
It's raining, in the south of German it's snowing. It's very cold for this time of the year (10 - 15C) and extremly windy.

It's more depressing when you have a great weather, but don't have holidays to take advantage of it.

Hawkster
06-06-2006, 10:28 AM
June 3rd. Germany.

its cold in Germany dude your hosting the world cup it should be quite warm out there it has been out here in the UK bout 20C most days which is just perfect for me to take my exams in not...

JoY
06-06-2006, 10:30 AM
It's more depressing when you have a great weather, but don't have holidays to take advantage of it.
or.. when it's mighty sunny outside & you're stuck inside with a running nose, a cough from hell, sneeze-fits that can kill, watery eyes & a monsterheadache.

platinumpt
06-06-2006, 10:32 AM
yes yes yes yes yes!! That too. It's amazing how many of my friends caught a cold at this time of year. I wonder when my time will come.

Idiot
06-06-2006, 10:32 AM
It's been sunny and warm in my part of England the last couple of days, and its meant to continue for the rest of the week. Holy crap.

Nina
06-06-2006, 10:48 AM
I disagree with some of the above. I can definitely study better when I am in a better mood, and I get easier into a better mood when the weather is what I call "nice". But that's an obvious one, eh?
It's probably getting warmer again for the World Cup :]

JoY
06-06-2006, 10:54 AM
yes yes yes yes yes!! That too. It's amazing how many of my friends caught a cold at this time of year. I wonder when my time will come.
very common. people just can't adjust well to the weather changes. you walk around dressed for warm weather during the day, but then it cools off real quickly at night. spring- &/or early summertime are always funest for me & always take me down. *pouts*

as Nina said; studying is actually really doable with nice weather. I like it better than when it's cold & rainy, because on my breaks I NEEEED to go outside for fresh air, or else I'll die in that coffin they call a library. ugh.

platinumpt
06-06-2006, 09:45 PM
I wasn't talking about school holidays, I meant holidays from work, so I also stick to what I've said before. I agree with you both on the study thing, though :)

Tizzalicious
06-06-2006, 11:46 PM
It's getting better! I think...I hope...Looks like I overpacked this time.

T-6005
06-07-2006, 12:07 AM
Malaysia's weather is hot. And humid. It's over 30C when I wake up, and it only gets hotter during the day, with the exception of the daily thunderstorm that knocks out power for several minutes.

What a shit country.

JoY
06-07-2006, 11:10 AM
every time I see this topic, every single time, I get "summer summer summer time, summer time!" stuck in my head. very annoying, but kind of funny at the same time.

Hawkster
06-07-2006, 11:51 AM
getting nice and warm in the UK now there are alot of bbqs going on down at my local park its the way summer should be everyone chilling out having fun putting some classic tunes on (offspring btw) anyways what are everyone's plans for the summer

the_GoDdEsS
06-07-2006, 11:52 AM
I have a similar problem and that song is quite annoying.

And fuck you shit weather for giving me a cold.

JoY
06-07-2006, 11:54 AM
oh Sim, you too? I got a terrible cold & then I gave it to my boyfriend too & now we're both sickies. =(

the_GoDdEsS
06-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Yes, a lot of people are sick right now. With me it's not bad yet at all.

Betty
06-07-2006, 12:12 PM
Well I got my first tan (burn) line of the summer yesterday!

SkunkIt
06-07-2006, 12:17 PM
June 3rd. Germany.

It's the opposite here, I miss snow, but I live in Arizona.