PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Magic Tribute…

Rilex
12-16-2004, 11:41 AM
We decided to record some of the Offspring songs…
The first song is Dirty Magic. Man that’s was mistake, we should keep this song for the last one. Here is a preview…

http://www.ptt.yu/korisnici/z/i/zivka/Cross-ovER-Dirty_Magic-demo.mp3

It’s really complicated to play it, and even harder to set up your instruments…
And the vocal (Which I’m the one who’s singing)…Man…
Well I was just get up from the bed, so I didn’t have a god voice anyway…
(Yea, what excuse?!?)

So what song should we (really) do next…?

sgwt_greg
12-16-2004, 11:47 AM
It sounds good. The Music anyway. the vocals are a little off beat and faint. Give it a little work and you'll have it down good. but you guys should do Cool to Hate. That'd be sweet!!!

Rilex
12-16-2004, 11:51 AM
We done a great Hand Grenate instrumental, but it’s not right on mine HD….I would post it later…

sgwt_greg
12-16-2004, 11:55 AM
Thats cool too.
You guys should do Kill the President too. and Burn it Up.

TRY BAD HABIT!!!

Jojan
12-16-2004, 12:04 PM
Are you on drugs? Sounds like something in style whit Curt Kokain and Courtroom Love.

sgwt_greg
12-16-2004, 12:05 PM
No drugs. its called contructive criticism

RonWelty
12-16-2004, 12:08 PM
it made me laugh !

Tom
12-16-2004, 12:08 PM
lol dude thats funny, how old are you like 10? ah sorry man, its good :cool:

only prob i got is the settings of both bass and guitar... and yeah man keep up the good work.

extraordinarygoodgrocer
12-16-2004, 12:12 PM
That's cool! I look foward to hearing some of their other songs as you record them.

sgwt_greg
12-16-2004, 12:13 PM
an you get the whoas down like dexter can?

Rilex
12-16-2004, 12:20 PM
lol dude thats funny, how old are you like 10?

Shit man. I was singing on empty stomach…
Like I said…from now one, without two cheeseburgers and bear, I shouldn't even bother to sing!!! Or maybe I shouldn't sing at all….

And yes, It's was hard to set up the bass, 'cause there isn't real bass, it's some really nice, clean and acoustic tune

Rilex
12-16-2004, 01:31 PM
OK, here what I think we should do:

Smash:
-Gotta Get Away
-Smash
-Kill Boy Power Head (extended version)

Ignition:
-Dirty Magic
-Nothing from Something
-Change the World

Americana"
-Staring At The Sun
-Pay The Man (shorted version)
-The Kids

CO1:
-Denial revisited

ST:
-I'll be waiting

And that's would be 11 songs well packed on one CD…
But in the meantime we should change the name of our band, any ideas?!?!?

Gabriel
12-16-2004, 01:38 PM
forever and a day

Tired_Of_You
12-16-2004, 01:50 PM
Is it a joke? It must be a joke...

And this song is not hard to play.

crrrN
12-16-2004, 02:23 PM
I'm sorry, but that really sucks

mrconeman
12-16-2004, 02:41 PM
Ill just rate on all the instruments

Guitar - didnt like the tone too much and the timing was a little off just practice with each other a little more and timing should come naturaly

Bass - not up there with Gregs tone but nicly played

Drums - I cant remember anything bad or good

Vocals - Obviously you cant just steal dexters voice or anything so yeah it was pretty okay - again though need to fix up the timing you made words longer than they were in the real song if you sing the timing just like the real song and the guitar gets into timing it'l sound much better ;)

Panzerfaust92
12-16-2004, 02:48 PM
That sounded like someone was strangling my cat, but the effort and the background were definitely strong.

samr
12-16-2004, 04:35 PM
Link doesn't work for me.

smelly poo in a shoe
12-16-2004, 05:34 PM
to be honest... i didnt like the vocals
and you sound like every other student band that ive ever seen
instruments were ok but you gotta play with the tone a tad... and get that snare drum twitched

killboypwrheadjx
12-16-2004, 06:15 PM
im sorry....but that's pretty damn bad

midnightfire582
12-16-2004, 06:44 PM
Sorry dude, but it was awful. You sped up the lyrics, they didn't match the music, and I don't really like your voice.

Rilex
12-16-2004, 09:40 PM
You don’t like my voice?!?!?
Check out this song. We recorded this about a year ago…

http://www.angelfire.com/punk4/cross-over/CRoss-ovER-Najbolji_Dasa.mp3

Ha ha…check out the drummer!!!Now he is out from the band.
Shit, now its mine turn to be discharged

In order to download, you must open in browser this link:

http://www.angelfire.com/punk4/cross-over/CRoss-ovER-Najbolji_Dasa.mp3

smelly poo in a shoe
12-17-2004, 05:47 AM
your other song is the worst thing i have ever heard in my life.
when i find your drummer i will be throwing him off a bridge

original_psycho
12-17-2004, 06:05 AM
damn it...
indeed, dirty magic is better than the other one (needs some work on the vocals...)
thank god u threw that drummer out...

Tijs
12-17-2004, 06:19 AM
omg, either there's something VERY wrong or... you know... you guys suck.

Obie2trice
12-17-2004, 06:21 AM
wtf this sucks

Rilex
12-17-2004, 06:37 AM
when i find your drummer i will be throwing him off a bridge

Yea, we just needed someone to play however because we haven’t anyone. But now, this drummer rocks man…

Obie2trice
12-17-2004, 09:16 AM
drummer is better, but that voice is so fucking horrible!

Nrk
12-17-2004, 09:20 AM
Shittttttttttt this can't be serious. Dirty magic was bad, but this hits everything. Sorry if i offend you, but you guys are terrible.

Rilex
12-17-2004, 09:50 AM
Oh, come on, does nobody have a sense of humor in here.
We were just fooling around…
And that's was one of the first songs we ever played…

Nrk
12-17-2004, 10:19 AM
I'm not saying to take your music seriously, because nobody should do that, as long as you have fun. But this is just really bad, try to improve your songs, before recording. If not improving, try to make the rythem right, because your vocals are not on the same rythem as the other instruments, and that just sucks.

You do have a sense for rythem? If anyone hasn't got that, he must not make music, just doesn't work.

Hysteria
12-17-2004, 12:47 PM
The singing is well out of beat. Drumming is slightly off. Guitar sounds like a computer, but sounds right.

Hysteria
12-17-2004, 12:50 PM
We decided to record some of the Offspring songs…
The first song is Dirty Magic. Man that’s was mistake, we should keep this song for the last one. Here is a preview…

http://www.ptt.yu/korisnici/z/i/zivka/Cross-ovER-Dirty_Magic-demo.mp3

It’s really complicated to play it, and even harder to set up your instruments…
And the vocal (Which I’m the one who’s singing)…Man…
Well I was just get up from the bed, so I didn’t have a god voice anyway…
(Yea, what excuse?!?)

So what song should we (really) do next…?

Are you that dude who used to post a lot in General Offspring Discussion on the last bbs? You posted a version of your band's cover of Vultures (which was fucking awful).

Rilex
12-17-2004, 02:57 PM
Yea, how the hell did you remembered???
That’s was something like a year ago…
But anyway we didn’t do nothing much in the meantime,
But I’m glad you are doing OK (I guess)…

OffspringInOz
12-18-2004, 01:41 AM
ok, it kinda....well...completely sucked, but perhaps you could post some offspring songs that aren't excactly...well...shithouse.

Hysteria
12-18-2004, 08:51 AM
Yea, how the hell did you remembered???
That’s was something like a year ago…
But anyway we didn’t do nothing much in the meantime,
But I’m glad you are doing OK (I guess)…

I guess I just have a good memory. :cool:
What was your name on the last bbs by the way?

Moose
12-18-2004, 09:51 AM
dude...you should do a song by muse or radiohead...it isnt thaaaaaaat bad...at least your are able to make sounds haha, i cant do shit...but ya make a song with your own style, i would like to hear how the vocals would sound in one of your own songs...cuz if done right it could be pretty sick, or sound like a whiney bitch...depends how you pull it off.

Lullaby
12-18-2004, 10:01 AM
its not that bad..... :)

@moose: so what did you expect? a perfect offspring copy? :rolleyes:

Venezuelan_Nightmare
12-18-2004, 10:18 AM
nice song. but the vocals (WFT?) but all is very cool i was pass the siong to my friends and they said the same lol, nice work congratulation by the way the song it`s to short

Amelie
12-18-2004, 10:22 AM
I think it was good, except the singer's voice, it was terrible. Why don't you try to sing it with your normal voice (if it wasn't your normal voice :D ). You don't have to sing it excatly how Dexter sings it....then it would sound great!

Hysteria
12-18-2004, 10:27 AM
You don't have to sing it excatly how Dexter sings it....then it would sound great!

MIGHT sound great.

Hysteria
12-18-2004, 10:34 AM
If you want to hear some clips of some good music, then check out my band - these are all short clips under 500Kb so won't take longer than 2 minutes each on 56k.

http://www.freewebs.com/sta_music/s2a_clips.html

The actual website of my band is: www.sta-online.tk (http://www.sta-online.tk)

Fej87
12-18-2004, 11:32 AM
On the shitty Dirty Magic cover... One of the guitars is MIDI...your not even fucking playing it. And the other one sounds like a cheap ass Wal-Mart Guitar. And your voice sucks.

Rilex
12-18-2004, 12:19 PM
We do have some shit of the equipment…but we use no Midi’s
I use Fender s73 (just got it),
-Srdjan-Berhinger guitar pack with AMP (all that for about 100$).
Beggar(Prosjak)-Bronco Bass
Bruka-Drummer and vocal…
And my old guitar is Standard Telecaster

Sometimes they are synths, effects and extra drums we use it on laptop.

And for Hysteria: My older nick was Speares; I suppose that...

Hysteria
12-18-2004, 12:30 PM
We do have some shit of the equipment…but we use no Midi’s
I use Fender s73 (just got it),
-Srdjan-Berhinger guitar pack with AMP (all that for about 100$).
Beggar(Prosjak)-Bronco Bass
Bruka-Drummer and vocal…
And my old guitar is Standard Telecaster

Sometimes they are synths, effects and extra drums we use it on laptop.

And for Hysteria: My older nick was Speares; I suppose that...

I can imagine your lack of decent equipment doesn't help. I remember your nick now. How do you record?

neptuneUK
12-18-2004, 12:32 PM
have you got any more songs recorded?

Rilex
12-18-2004, 03:16 PM
Yea, we have EP released, and now we are back in the studio recording new songs. We made a studio with few more bands (punk, heavy metal and; believe or nor some rap group)…It's great; we have a lot of fun and fans there. Playing music selling drinks and drugs (no drugs, just kidding)…

Our songs were on BeSonik.com but this site is fucked up something and now is closed (just read below on their index page)…
So, I'm thinking to get registered on purevolume. I don't know how it goes there?
Do they just host your songs or you may get some extra gain (On Besonic I use to sell my songs and they were made some compilations, as which can be your song involved too, and you'll get paid tho.

Ok, All I got now is some old song preview intro. It was bed recording but song is nice through…
http://www.ptt.yu/korisnici/z/i/zivka/whoweare.mp3

I'm building new web site, and some stuff for download…

Jhonny
12-19-2004, 04:37 AM
The first little string of music reminds me of doom. the game.

Tom
12-19-2004, 07:01 AM
Yo, yeah i posted before, but yeah... it is actually pretty good, im not gonna put you on a scale since your probably one of the good bands having fun, other than those stuck up fags who think they are 70's rockers... and for you dumbasses putting them down, stop fuckin trying, atleast he plays something, you guys just fuckin post thinking your pro, try to fuckin spend time recording rather than putting down some guys having some fun..

So yeah man, i wanna hear your staring at the sun cover, :P my fav song

Hysteria
12-19-2004, 08:10 AM
^A clear friend/relative of the band. Either that or they've been bribed to sign up here and say that. How much are they paying you? :D

crrrN
12-19-2004, 11:01 AM
Yo, yeah i posted before, but yeah... it is actually pretty good, im not gonna put you on a scale since your probably one of the good bands having fun, other than those stuck up fags who think they are 70's rockers... and for you dumbasses putting them down, stop fuckin trying, atleast he plays something, you guys just fuckin post thinking your pro, try to fuckin spend time recording rather than putting down some guys having some fun..

So yeah man, i wanna hear your staring at the sun cover, :P my fav song

Dude, that bands just sucks.

I'm playing in a band myself, here's an mp3:

http://www.excessum.nl/alwod.mp3

Rilex
12-19-2004, 11:51 AM
^A clear friend/relative of the band. Either that or they've been bribed to sign up here and say that. How much are they paying you?
Yea, we really paid him a lot…

Hysteria
12-19-2004, 01:05 PM
I can imagine you would have to - how much?

Rilex
12-19-2004, 02:53 PM
Actually I think that this is Noodles, disguised into some newbie…I know he do that a lot …on older board too…
Why would he insist on covering the song “staring at the sun” (his fav.), which we already work on it…

Hysteria, you never answered me on question about Purevolume what can they do? And what currently they are doing for you?

Hysteria
12-19-2004, 02:57 PM
www.purevolume.com/sta (http://www.purevolume.com/sta) - Go here. As you can see, I've put a photo on there, and 3 of our songs. It just allows people to download or play your music so they can hear it. It's free, unless you get a PurePromo account when you have to pay.
Our account is FREE.

Venezuelan_Nightmare
12-19-2004, 03:24 PM
www.purevolume.com/sta (http://www.purevolume.com/sta) - Go here. As you can see, I've put a photo on there, and 3 of our songs. It just allows people to download or play your music so they can hear it. It's free, unless you get a PurePromo account when you have to pay.
Our account is FREE.
really nice :D

Rilex
12-19-2004, 06:03 PM
Yes in did…But I can't sing up yet, because we didn't make up with new band name…