PDA

View Full Version : The Black Mountain Scorpion Ho-Down Bluegrass Experience Gang

coke_a_holic
06-06-2006, 03:52 PM
What? That's right. Fucked up shit.

The Dancing Thumbs go to the Supermarket
http://savefile.com/files/8418605

Don't even bother telling me that it's just noise because I DON'T CARE. There's another song to be uploaded later. The basic genre is noise, but there are elements of jazz and metal in it. It is amazing. The band consists of:

Me - guitar/screams/recorder/keyboards/percussion, Jean Luc (stand-in musician on many occasions) - bass/percussion/keyboard, Claire - clarinet/keyboard, Aaron - Trombone/screams, Matt - drums/percussion

(not on recordings): Raphael - trumpet, Ryan - Cello/bass

Fear us.

EDIT: I never even realized how loud the drums are on the recording.... whatever.

Andy
06-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Sounds like a mean musical line-up. I look forward to listening to it tomorrow.

[This message shall be edited upon listening]

coke_a_holic
06-06-2006, 04:35 PM
Song 2:

This is my Sexy Face
http://savefile.com/files/9747349

Before asking, it's a joke Claire has for whenever we make stupid faces at eachother in chemistry, she has one that she calls her "sexy face."

barangatang
06-06-2006, 04:58 PM
Maybe its just the drums and shitty recording quality but well...let me put it this way.....

Your previous work is better. EDIT: Much better.

I'm sure you had a great time jamming though. That's all that really matters.

coke_a_holic
06-06-2006, 05:41 PM
On the second song, I played the drums, which explains why they were so bad. And yeah, we were trying to be bad. That was the fun part, though, literally just playing random notes. Don't worry, we're working on non-shitty music.

It was fun jamming, though, we literally just started recording and played random notes. You might be able to hear me screaming randomly in the background.

Sinister
06-06-2006, 05:48 PM
no logic whatsoever, but that doesn't make it less artistic.

coke_a_holic
06-06-2006, 06:29 PM
no logic whatsoever, but that doesn't make it less artistic.
I disagree. If this was planned noise, you would be correct. But since it was made by me just shouting "PLAY SHIT!" and pressing record, the artistic value is much, much lower.

Sinister
06-06-2006, 06:32 PM
I see your point, yet still appreciate the music. I think I spotted some pretty good individual musicianship amidst the noise. kudos to the trombone player for the flutterzung effect, if he did some like I think I heard.

Jebus
06-06-2006, 06:42 PM
Not atonal and dissonant enough. You phail.

coke_a_holic
06-06-2006, 07:03 PM
Not atonal and dissonant enough. You phail.
=( We tried our best, oh well.