PDA

View Full Version : People are dumb.

Apathy
06-07-2006, 12:43 PM
Mostly just people on the internet.

I'm going to warped again this year, and I went to the website to check out the Energizer thing. For people who don't know, It's a poll where people vote for their favorite band for the show they are going to, and whoever wins gets to play for an extra ten minutes at that show.

Well, at my date, AFI is winning, they're crushing everyone else. Pretty much everyone is at around ten votes, except for From First to Last with 139 and AFI with 411.

AFI isn't even playing at our date.... and they're winning.

Hmph. So not only do I have to sit through an extra ten minutes of From First To Last to see who's on after them, The bands I like are all stuck at like ten votes. How can Nofx only have 13?

Preocupado
06-07-2006, 12:49 PM
"How can Nofx only have 13?"

Probably because of theyr last album. The EP is 90% good ("You're Wrong" shouldn't exist), but the album...

Apathy
06-07-2006, 06:08 PM
I thought You're Wrong was a tremendous song.

I dislike the newest album somewhat, but with 23 years of songs to choose from, It's not like theres not much to love.

Llamas
06-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Mostly just people on the internet.

I'm going to warped again this year, and I went to the website to check out the Energizer thing. For people who don't know, It's a poll where people vote for their favorite band for the show they are going to, and whoever wins gets to play for an extra ten minutes at that show.

Well, at my date, AFI is winning, they're crushing everyone else. Pretty much everyone is at around ten votes, except for From First to Last with 139 and AFI with 411.

AFI isn't even playing at our date.... and they're winning.

Hmph. So not only do I have to sit through an extra ten minutes of From First To Last to see who's on after them, The bands I like are all stuck at like ten votes. How can Nofx only have 13?

The reason for this is clear. the warped tour is no longer a punk tour... it's a popular pop punk tour. And who has more radio play, and therefore more radio success- NOFX or AFI? People who go to the warped tour now are radio teens who like what's in... and they're morons. "lyk 0mg!!! I luv miss murder and girls not grey! I'm soooo gunna vote 4 AFI!!!!! ttee hee!" of course afi is winning on a concert they're not even gonna be at... wow. people never cease to impress me. :P

Jakebert
06-07-2006, 09:07 PM
The reason for this is clear. the warped tour is no longer a punk tour... it's a popular pop punk tour. And who has more radio play, and therefore more radio success- NOFX or AFI? People who go to the warped tour now are radio teens who like what's in... and they're morons. "lyk 0mg!!! I luv miss murder and girls not grey! I'm soooo gunna vote 4 AFI!!!!! ttee hee!" of course afi is winning on a concert they're not even gonna be at... wow. people never cease to impress me. :P

Even in the beginning it was a tour for popular bands. You can't fund a tour that big based on just tru punx kids and non-maintream fans. The only difference is that this type of music has more big bands than it used to. Jesus, learn to think before you type.

XYlophonetreeZ
06-07-2006, 09:08 PM
This is the punxest post I have ever seen.

HeadAroundU
06-07-2006, 09:38 PM
She is sweet. :)

Llamas
06-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Even in the beginning it was a tour for popular bands. You can't fund a tour that big based on just tru punx kids and non-maintream fans. The only difference is that this type of music has more big bands than it used to. Jesus, learn to think before you type.

I never said that it was just "tru punx" or whatever. however, the tour didn't start out nearly as big as it is now... and it didn't used to bring along tons of bands that make tons of money. It used to be a way to get smaller no-name bands out there.

Jakebert
06-07-2006, 11:00 PM
Yes, because pop-punk wasn't as big when the tour started out. Very few punk bands were popular at the time, but all of those bands were on the tour at some point. They always wanted bigger bands on it because that draws in crowds. If they wouldn't have had bigger bands on the roster, they would have lost money, and no tour wants to lose money because then they're not going to be able to get the funds together to do it again.

As the music style got bigger, the more popular bands did the tour. Same with Ozzfest and nu metal. No music tour like that starts out huge with people outside of it's genre because no one outside of the genre has heard of it a lot of times. As pop-punk gets more and more popular, obviously there's going to be more well-known bands touring. Seriously, name me one tour like that which started out as a huge thing? You can't because there isn't one. Something like that has to build up slowly over the years. Ozzfest wasn't as big as it is now when it started. Same with Lollapalooza. Those tours have to be out a few years before more mainstream audiences get the chance to hear about them and not just the kids that already like that kind of music. It's called "common sense".

And still a lot of lesser known bands tour on it, and today it's an even better way at getting to know younger, newer bands because now more people are going.

Llamas
06-07-2006, 11:24 PM
I don't know festivals that start out big, no. But I know festivals that start out small and remain small even though the oppurtunities arise to get big. That's beside the point, though. The point was that when I go to the warped tour now, I see a lot of people there who are there to see bands like fallout boy. That's the kind of band that brings in the majorities these days. Therefore, the bands who are winning the polls online are going to be those bands, not bands like NOFX and Bad Religion. That's the only point I was trying to make.

Jakebert
06-08-2006, 09:25 AM
Well congrats, mr. obvious. Fallout Boy = popular with mainstream audience. NOFX = popular with loyal fanbase. Remember that "common sense" thing?

Seriously though, just stop posting because in each post, you changed your point or at least tried to because you know that your points were stupid.