PDA

View Full Version : And the voices told me to blow you away!

The Talking Pie
06-09-2006, 03:00 PM
Hey now do you see me down the way?
Been watching you everyday.
In my car on your street is where I stay;
I know you better that way.
One day I'll be meeting you for real...
You'll feel bad like I feel.

It'll blow you away...
You're gonna fall for me,
You're gonna fall for me.
And the voices told me
To blow you away...

Hey now well I'm knocking on your door.
This special delivery is yours.
My infatuation, it's true.
Hello, I got something for you.

It'll blow you away...
And the voices told me
To blow you away...
If you hadn't sold me,
I'd still be away.
You're right in front of me,
You're right in front of me.
Then, I'll be on my way.
Breathing, you okay?

Can't break from my sins;
Cannot pray.
Can't break from my sins;
Cannot pray.

But you can't kill a man when he's got no hope.
You can't kill a man when he's got no hope.
You can't kill a man when he's got no hope.
You can't kill a man when he's--

God help me!

It'll blow you away...
And the voices told me
To blow you away...
If you hadn't sold me,
I'd still be away.
You're right in front of me,
You're right in front of me.
Then, I'll be on my way.
Breathing you okay?

the_GoDdEsS
06-09-2006, 03:03 PM
There must be some secret code about this I have not yet managed to decipher.

Preocupado
06-09-2006, 03:05 PM
What's your opinion on feminism?

The Talking Pie
06-09-2006, 03:09 PM
There must be some secret code about this I have not yet managed to decipher.
It's a neat song about voices that tell you to kill people.

I don't know why, but I've had it on repeat for the last few weeks. The chorus really gets me into a great mood.

the_GoDdEsS
06-09-2006, 03:11 PM
Now all I hear is Dexter's squeaky voice.

FrancoDaHui
06-09-2006, 03:23 PM
It's a neat song about voices that tell you to kill people.

I don't know why, but I've had it on repeat for the last few weeks. The chorus really gets me into a great mood.
i'll tell you why: because it's one of the best songs on CO1

but i think it's about paranoia

nieh
06-09-2006, 03:58 PM
i'll tell you why: because it's one of the best songs on CO1

but i think it's about paranoia

No, it's about a stalker that hears voices telling him to kill.

JohnnyNemesis
06-09-2006, 04:01 PM
I like this song too. I admit it. Go ahead, subtract from my 1337 pts.

Thomas
06-09-2006, 04:08 PM
Special Delivery is actually one song that I really don't like at all. They over did the song. It had potential, but they ruined it with the stupid tribal chanting thing.

HeadAroundU
06-09-2006, 04:17 PM
After reading the lyrics it's playing in my Head and that's amazing. It's neat and catchy as 1000 hells. It could sell a few million of records more and maybe not.

DeAtHsTaR
06-09-2006, 04:38 PM
Special Delivery is actually one song that I really don't like at all. They over did the song. It had potential, but they ruined it with the stupid tribal chanting thing.

Especially since the tribal chanting is sampled from a 70's novelty song.

JohnnyNemesis
06-09-2006, 04:39 PM
How does that make it any worse though?

DeAtHsTaR
06-09-2006, 04:40 PM
How does that make it any worse though?
It subtracts from the originality factor.

Yeah, I said something about lack of originality. fuck off.

Thomas
06-09-2006, 04:41 PM
I don't care where it came from, I just think it took away a lot from the song. It has great lyrics, but the song itself is crap.

Thomas
06-09-2006, 04:42 PM

lolz .

nieh
06-09-2006, 04:43 PM
Especially since the tribal chanting is sampled from a 70's novelty song.

Dude, seriously. The only posts of yours I see anymore are you pointing out other people stealing stuff. Are you completely oblivious to how stupid that sounds coming from you or are you trying to pass yourself off as funny by becoming a self-parody?

HeadAroundU
06-09-2006, 04:55 PM
Why does everybody is talking to him?

WebDudette
06-09-2006, 05:06 PM

Quit embracing it no one but you gives a shit about it anymore.

DeAtHsTaR
06-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Dude, seriously. The only posts of yours I see anymore are you pointing out other people stealing stuff. Are you completely oblivious to how stupid that sounds coming from you or are you trying to pass yourself off as funny by becoming a self-parody?
Dude I didn't say they stole it, I just said it sucks that it's taken from a hit song. I don't care if they took it, they DID get permission.

Thomas
06-09-2006, 05:16 PM
I don't think he gets the point.

Llamas
06-09-2006, 08:21 PM
I enjoy that song, but it's not one of their best. but why are we posting about the offspring in general chat? meh, whatever.

0r4ng3
06-09-2006, 08:50 PM
Yeah, that song's OK, but Living in Chaos is about 1337 times better.

That's right, I said it.

Llamas
06-09-2006, 08:55 PM
agreed. living in chaos might be the best song on that album.

HeadAroundU
06-09-2006, 09:22 PM
Everybody knows that "Million miles away" is by far the best song on the album.

Llamas
06-09-2006, 09:24 PM
everybody else knows that you're WRONG ;)

WebDudette
06-09-2006, 09:57 PM
How can there be an everyone else to everyone...?

sk8ter-hater
06-09-2006, 11:28 PM
I think this is the best song on that album.

Something not very similar happened to me while playing THPS 4 when I heard Blackball. That song is just fucking great. I love it.

I hate it when they use black.

T-6005
06-10-2006, 12:01 AM
Hah, I haven't listened to that song in forever. But I think it's really cool.

Llamas
06-10-2006, 03:34 AM
How can there be an everyone else to everyone...?

don't question my logic, for it is flawless. :)

Thomas
06-10-2006, 12:36 PM
You all fail at life. Huck It is by far the best track on Co1. Don't get all stupid by saying "but it's not on the American version" because I am aware of that. It is still on Co1 and it is still the best track on the album.

JoY
06-10-2006, 12:38 PM
if anyone dares to disagree with you, they most certainly fail at life. I FULLY AGREE!!!!

Thomas
06-10-2006, 12:41 PM
if anyone dares to disagree with you, they most certainly fail at life. I FULLY AGREE!!!!
Thank you. *nods*

Vera
06-10-2006, 12:43 PM
I like this song too. I admit it. Go ahead, subtract from my 1337 pts.
-2 Defence in Internet Arguments

Llamas
06-10-2006, 02:34 PM
You all fail at life. Huck It is by far the best track on Co1. Don't get all stupid by saying "but it's not on the American version" because I am aware of that. It is still on Co1 and it is still the best track on the album.

see, but, I count the songs that are actually on my albums. I don't even *have* huck it, and I'm not about to go out and buy another co1 disc so I can have one extra song. so I can't judge a song that's not on my album. :-/ however, on the albums that have that song, I wouldn't argue that it's probably the best on there (haven't heard it enough times to judge).

Thomas
06-10-2006, 02:35 PM
see, but, I count the songs that are actually on my albums. I don't even *have* huck it, and I'm not about to go out and buy another co1 disc so I can have one extra song. so I can't judge a song that's not on my album. :-/ however, on the albums that have that song, I wouldn't argue that it's probably the best on there (haven't heard it enough times to judge).

But it is still the best song on Co1. Just because it's not in your collection, it doesn't mean that it's not there. eh. whatever. =P

Llamas
06-10-2006, 02:37 PM
okay, okay, due to your intent to be anally accurate, I will make my post 100% politically correct:

Living in Chaos might very well be the best song on the american version of conspiracy of one.

happy? :p

Thomas
06-10-2006, 02:49 PM
Extremely happy, actually.

Llamas
06-10-2006, 02:49 PM
well thank god, cause I live to please :)

WebDudette
06-10-2006, 03:33 PM
After listening to the album I'm going to have to agree with "Huck It".

Thomas
06-10-2006, 03:37 PM
That's why I am so dissappointed when they didn't put it on the American version.

Andy
06-10-2006, 03:39 PM
I used to have tiny orgasms every time I heard One Fine Day. Now that's a pretty rockin song.

Oh, and Special Delivery is the first thing I played when I got my first drum kit. Thus, it has a special place in my musical heart.

Thomas
06-10-2006, 03:42 PM
YEah, I don't like the drum intro, either. I guess it is fun if you are a beginner, but I got Co1 after I had already had several years experience on drumset, so it was kinda dissappointing.

btw, not including Huck It, Come Out Swinging is the best on the album.

WebDudette
06-10-2006, 03:43 PM
I used to love Come out Swinging I've gotten a bit bored of it now days but it is still an awesome song.

Thomas
06-10-2006, 03:45 PM
All Along, Dammit, I Changed Again, and the title track are pretty sweet, too.

Actually, Co1 overall was really really good. They just blew it with OP and Want You Bad.

Andy
06-10-2006, 03:45 PM
I'm going to have to listen to CO1 tonight. I haven't listened to it in about 3 years.

Andy
06-10-2006, 03:47 PM
They just blew it with Want You Bad.
The girl in the video was hot though. She could shake my beer can any day.

And yes, that really is the best euphanism I can think of.

Thomas
06-10-2006, 03:48 PM
Man, it is so much better to have a discussion about The Offspring here than in GOD because this place isn't full of nearly as many retards. You guys should go to GOD. There would be a lot more intelligence in a place that is severely lacking.

Thomas
06-10-2006, 03:50 PM
The girl in the video was hot though. She could shake my beer can any day.

And yes, that really is the best euphanism I can think of.

She could drink my fizz any day.

eh. Mine isn't any good, either.

Llamas
06-10-2006, 03:50 PM
this has been discussed to death... but... I really think million miles away, living in chaos, denial revisited, vultures, and co1 are the only songs on there I *really* enjoy. come out swinging and dammit are pretty average to me... op, want you bad, one fine day, special delivery, and all along I don't like. For me, that puts the album right at average... I guess that's the reason this is my least favorite offspring album.

Llamas
06-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Man, it is so much better to have a discussion about The Offspring here than in GOD because this place isn't full of nearly as many retards. You guys should go to GOD. There would be a lot more intelligence in a place that is severely lacking.

I agree... lately I've been avoiding the on topic board. The people there are primarily morons who are too obsessed with the band and don't actually know anything about music.

Thomas
06-10-2006, 03:52 PM
The music was much more powerful and deep than Americana, though. Pay the Man and the title track really saved Americana.

Thomas
06-10-2006, 03:53 PM
I agree... lately I've been avoiding the on topic board. The people there are primarily morons who are too obsessed with the band and don't actually know anything about music.
No, please. Come back. I don't think I can handle these morons anymore.

Andy
06-10-2006, 03:53 PM
She could drink my fizz any day.
I would "Huck" her........I would definately give her a "Special Delivery".......I would show her "One Fine Day"......She would "Come out Swinging" after a night with me.......

God, I'm a loser.

Thomas
06-10-2006, 04:10 PM
Oh, my voices would blow her away...

Andy
06-10-2006, 04:11 PM
My semen would blow her away.

Thomas
06-10-2006, 04:15 PM
We'll knock down the walls, it's alive in us.

We'll bust out on it. Break out, yeah.

WebDudette
06-10-2006, 04:16 PM
.. .

Andy
06-10-2006, 04:17 PM
I've lost all enthusiasm for lame puns. I'm going to stop posting in this thread now, for the benefit of all of us.

Thomas
06-10-2006, 04:18 PM
That's probably for the best. I'm all out, too.

Llamas
06-10-2006, 04:25 PM
The music was much more powerful and deep than Americana, though. Pay the Man and the title track really saved Americana.

really? huh. I disagree :p on americana, I LOVE: have you ever, staring at the sun, kids aren't alright, end of the line, no brakes, americana, and pay the man. I dislike pretty fly, feelings, she's got issues. and walla walla and why don't you get a job are average. but americana's theme is SO much better in my opinion. In the context of the album, I actually love all the songs. Also, the best songs on here I like more than the best on co1... and the worst I still like better than the worst on co1. I dunno, americana, is my favorite of the "new wave" offspring :p

Thomas
06-10-2006, 04:31 PM
Americana's theme is clearer and songs like Have You Ever, Staring at the Sun, TKAA, Americana, and Pay the Man are incredible, but I always found songs like Come Out Swinging, MMA, Dammit, I Changed Again, Denial, Revisited, Vultures, Living in Chaos, and Conspiracy of One are so much deeper than Americana. Pay The Man, without a doubt, is better than anything on Co1, but other than that, Co1 is a bit more powerful.

Llamas
06-10-2006, 05:07 PM
and then I say that you're just plain wrong :) hehe.

HeadAroundU
06-10-2006, 06:04 PM
this has been discussed to death... but... I really think million miles away, living in chaos, denial revisited, vultures and co1 are the only songs on there I *really* enjoy. come out swinging and dammit are pretty average to me... op, want you bad, one fine day, special delivery, and all along I don't like. For me, that puts the album right at average... I guess that's the reason this is my least favorite offspring album.
Yep, they are the best songs. Did you notice that there is almost not punk in them?

@Thomas. You are thru punx but you can spell. ;)

Llamas
06-10-2006, 06:23 PM
true... mma is the only one of those songs you highlighted (co1 also) that has any traces of punk in them.

and tru punx don't care about no grammar or spelling!!! ;)

Thomas
06-10-2006, 08:42 PM
@Thomas. You are thru punx but you can spell. ;)

I can spell? What? What does that have to do with anything?

btw, I no tru punx. :( I listen for Offsprnig.

Little_Miss_1565
06-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Oh my god, does anyone realize how much I wish all threads in GOD could be like this?

0r4ng3
06-10-2006, 10:01 PM
Yes, and unfortunately, now that you said it...

liek did u guys no atoms in tom delonges new band?? :confused:

dos that mean hes still in the offspring? i hope so lol :D

Little_Miss_1565
06-10-2006, 10:02 PM
omfg.

*cutes wrists*

*diez*

Thomas
06-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Jesse just killed a part of my heart. And yes, you people need to come to GOD more often. The place is flooded with morons and I am becoming overwhelmed. Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi, you are my only hope...

Little_Miss_1565
06-10-2006, 10:14 PM
YOU'RE overwhelmed? How many posts a day do Tijs and I close asking if Atom is still in the band?

Thomas
06-10-2006, 10:18 PM
haha. Wow. I can't imagine. *sends fruit basket*

Llamas
06-10-2006, 11:30 PM
Little miss, we salute you and tjis for the amazing job you both do at the GOD ;) There are definitely enough morons there to consume your life. And if the threads on the GOD were like this one, I'd probably post there again.

Apathy
06-10-2006, 11:40 PM
Wow.

I guess the inner offspring geek in everyone kinda escaped in this thread, Huh?

Thomas
06-10-2006, 11:50 PM
Yeah, but at least we are not retarded Offspring geeks. I say everyone who posted in this thread should move to GOD.

JohnnyNemesis
06-11-2006, 09:54 AM
I think those who deny that they're Offspring fans are about as pathetic as the "omg whoz betta atom or ron? i miss ron!" people.

If you're just NOT an Offspring fan anymore, that's fine, but those of you who act like you're not...yeah, that shit is pathetic.

Thomas
06-11-2006, 10:10 AM
Do you think people are too ashamed to post in GOD?

Andy
06-11-2006, 10:16 AM
It's not shame, it's just the vast majority of posters/posts in GOD are moronic, and it's frustrating when you have a decent level of intellect.
Plus, I never really get an urge to talk about the band lately.

JohnnyNemesis
06-11-2006, 10:17 AM
Do you think people are too ashamed to post in GOD?

Nah, I think that people are just not interested in discussing the band or even listening to them as often. Or what Andy said.

Thomas
06-11-2006, 10:19 AM
hmmmmmm......I see.

I still think you guys should post there more often. We could use some intelligent discussion over there.

Nicole
06-11-2006, 10:28 AM
You have to realise that a lot of us have talked about most topics about the offspring to death. I don't think there's much I could say that I haven't said and not much i could read that I haven't read.

That and yes, the general level of intelligence in GOD is horrid.

Apathy
06-11-2006, 10:58 AM
It's not shame, it's just the vast majority of posters/posts in GOD are moronic, and it's frustrating when you have a decent level of intellect.
Plus, I never really get an urge to talk about the band lately.

Wait'll we get some info on a new album.

You'll find yourself wandering over, they always do.

Andy
06-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Wait'll we get some info on a new album.

You'll find yourself wandering over, they always do.
Nah, I'll just wait for the token moron to make a thread about it here.

JohnnyNemesis
06-11-2006, 11:08 AM
I don't mind that people don't post in GOD. I'm talking about the people who post in GC and say in THIS forum that they hate The Offspring now, before admitting elsewhere that they love 'em.

It's ... silly.

Llamas
06-11-2006, 03:25 PM
I got sick of it. I started posting here because I hadn't paid any attention to the offspring since shortly after the release of Splinter... and I forgot about them and stopped listening to them... then I bought the CMCV, and remember how much I loved them and wanted to see what was going on with them. So I regsitered here since the main website is never up to date. After like a week, I knew all I was gonna know. Now it's boring. I'm still a fan of the offspring- I'd consider them my favorite band, though I'm not like diehard or obsessed... and the GOD is just nothing new or intelligent.