PDA

View Full Version : My Last English Exam Ever and How I Suck at Time

wheelchairman
06-09-2006, 02:54 PM
Periodically there have been crucial events in my life, that depend on telling time. And almost without fail it seems as though my eyes try and convince me to chose the wrong time. It's involved missing flights, near misses with trains, and now, a near miss with an English FINAL exam.

So I woke up early enough on the morning for my English exam. Believing I had until 10 am to get to the school. At around 8.57 I plan on heading out the door and my mom very helpfully says "isn't it 3 min. until your exam?". I look at my paper and think "fuck. she's right." Then I smile and say "nope nope, my exam is at 10. Well I gotta go, bye."

As soon as I exit my building, I fucking run. I run to the train station, up the flight of stares, past the musicians pandering for money, past the jerks who think that they are allowed to go down stairs when I need to go upstairs. And hop on a train just about to leave.

It's now 8:59. I call my friend Phillip, and by pure luck, my English teacher is in front of him asking him where I am. He informs her that I am on my way. Alright, I've bought myself about 5 min now. I arrive at the station. Fly down the escalator, fly down the second escalator. Jump through the closing doors of the leaving metro train. Almost there.

I'm at school, now I must climb two flights of escalators to get out of the station plus a flight of stairs. After which I run to the school, and leap up the four flights of stairs to where my exam is being held. My teacher asks where are my notes and books at? I sigh and say all I have is all I'm wearing.

I head in and meet the censor. I draw a text which I will have to prepare. I have one hour for preparation. I must give a speech on counterfeiting and it's effects. Then I must summarize an article on human rights, and compare it to the other article which is about slavery. And I must make notes for all this and overheads.

And I fucking do it well too! My overheads even had drawings on them (which gave me additional points I hear). I ended up with the ever elusive PERFECT GRADE.

So what have I learned from this? Slacking off and no-work = good.

Rocky-girl
06-09-2006, 10:34 PM
English for you like for me Russian? I didn't doubt that you would pass. I'm happier then you. I've already passed English:( and Russian:) There will be no lessons for me!

Tizzalicious
06-09-2006, 10:38 PM
Yes. We are both very lucky! I only have two exams left. What about you?

- WCM

Rocky-girl
06-09-2006, 10:56 PM
I have passed 4, and now there is only one left! That's in school:(But I feel myself lucky now. :):):)

sKratch
06-09-2006, 11:02 PM
I turned my alarm off instead of turning it on senior year of high school and magically still woke up in time to arrive to AP Calc a few minutes late. I still got a 5 on it, what what!

Nina
06-10-2006, 02:20 AM
THATS SO FUCKING AWESOME.
What is the perfect grade, btw? (in danish "numbers", lolz). In Germany that's a 15.
I remember when you missed your flight after you visited me. Holy shit I was confused and lost and zomg. Haha. You possibily felt 94304 times worse.

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-10-2006, 02:32 AM
That was.. just wow. I cringed at recognition about the time part.

Best thing I ever did was realise I had to do a 2000 word paper at about 9pm the day before it was due. I did it in about 2 hours, and handed it in the next day. 64/64, no need for a redraft. Once it was officially graded I told the teacher. I was so smug.

Tizzalicious
06-10-2006, 02:37 AM
THATS SO FUCKING AWESOME.
What is the perfect grade, btw? (in danish "numbers", lolz). In Germany that's a 15.
I remember when you missed your flight after you visited me. Holy shit I was confused and lost and zomg. Haha. You possibily felt 94304 times worse.

A 13, Danes are weeeeird.

I like how when his mom asked him, we were in the hallway (his mom wasn't), and while he said it was at 10, while looking at the note, I could tell from his face that it wasn't, but his voice stayed all calm. It was pretty good. And then the 'Okay, bye', priceless.

Nina
06-10-2006, 05:05 AM
I would like to see that picture!

JoY
06-10-2006, 07:47 AM
this whole scenario contains way too many Bella-elements. I'm still shaking from reading this & I don't think I'll recover this same day. way too familliar. except for the perfect grade. every time I'm on time for an exam, my professors say "hey will you look at that, you made it!"

sharing experiences.. I once had one hour to do an entire paper on Kaspar Hauser in the third year of high school, I think. we should've worked on it in pairs. I copy-pasted something from somewhere, changed the letters, changed the first word of every sentence, pimped up the lay out & we got a 9.5 out of 10. I could've told the teacher I did it allll on my own, but I didn't think that was entirely fair. either way, afterwards, when checking out the work of others, we found out we'd copy-pasted the exact same as about seven others & the teacher found out about them & all gave them a 4 out of 10 & a new paper to write. hah!

also, we had to turn in all our bookreports. 20 bookreports of approximately 30 pages each.
..wait, that wasn't such a kick-ass story.... :/

we once had to do a research & make a paper about it & it had to cost us 80 hours. one way or the other I impressed my math teacher (don't ask me how), so he gave me full points for preparation every single time. when he saw the end result, which had taken me less than 20 hours to put together, he tried to give me the minimum amount of points for the result. but alas, too late. the amount he'd already given me for preparation were enough to give me a "G" of good, which meant a lot for that one.

killer_queen
06-10-2006, 08:04 AM
If I were Per I would probably have an heart attack while I'm on my way to school. Until now, I've never been late for my exams and generally been 30 minutes early. My notes or books are always with me in case I forget something and I start studying two weeks before the exam (except maths exams, luckily I don't need to study maths). Christ, am I a nerd or what?

JoY
06-10-2006, 08:05 AM
no, you're structured. that sounds like heaven.

Rocky-girl
06-10-2006, 08:14 AM
Hey, 15 and 13 grade what is it? Form?

Tizzalicious
06-10-2006, 01:42 PM
Nina. Yes the perfect grade is 13 (I don't know why. We have exactly 10 numbers in the whole grading system. But 13 is the highest, and we don't count 2,4, and 12.) And yeah holy shit it sucked to be stuck in Germany. Especially at the moment when I just realized it and I had no money. Then I was stuck in Germany last summer, like near Munster. I was at this station at 6 am. Waiting for my train. And apparently they cancelled it without telling me. :(

Dave, haha yes, I've done most of my English, Danish and French assignments like that.

Bella, yes I can imagine you being like that. Very disorganized. My problem is simply lack of motivation. Interesting that you lack organization, and I lack motivation, yet the symptoms are the same.

Killer Queen, you get used to it. I live a very stress free life. It's nice.

Tanya, 13 and 15 are the different characteristica or marks for when you finish the year.

- WCM

JoY
06-10-2006, 01:49 PM
complications. they're more complications. I could handle symptoms any time, it's always the consequence of those that kind of bother me/others. I used to find it extremely stressful, but as you, I kind of got used to it. I try to relax under the circumstances, though that often doesn't work, because it's just generally frustrating if things don't turn out the way you intend them to work out.

Rocky-girl
06-11-2006, 07:01 AM
Tanya, 13 and 15 are the different characteristica or marks for when you finish the year.
Thank you. I didn't know. I'm so dumb:( And what is the highest?

Nina
06-11-2006, 07:55 AM
13 is the highest Danish grade.
15 is the highest German grade.
That's what we were talking about.

Rocky-girl
06-13-2006, 03:24 AM
Thank you.

I've passed all exams!!!!!

JoY
06-13-2006, 03:25 AM
congratulations, Tanya!!

Rocky-girl
06-13-2006, 03:27 AM
Thank you. I'm so tired. Never thought that it'll be so hard.
Thank you, Bella! I'm so happy!!!!

Tizzalicious
06-13-2006, 07:13 AM
I just had my marketing exam. I improved my grade by a whole 3 steps up! Makes me wish all my classes were oral exams. :(

Congratulations Tanya!

- WCM

Rocky-girl
06-13-2006, 07:56 AM
Thank you, Per!
I think it's good when one have obstacle, because when you have it you want to break it.

I wish I had only English and Maths. Sometimes it all goes not as we want.

Nina
06-13-2006, 10:22 AM
Makes me wish all my classes were oral exams. :(

Lucky.
I dont like oral exams. But now I know they're somewhat easy. i got 12 and 13 points today, yay!
HIGH SCHOOL IS OFFICIALLY OVER.

Tizzalicious
06-13-2006, 10:59 AM
Congratulations on the 12 and 13! What classes were they in?

High school ain't over for me until next friday. :(

- WCM