PDA

View Full Version : Outsourcing jobs

nieh
06-13-2006, 11:20 AM
So the mortgage company my company provides title for recently outsourced some of their departments out to India. Now my department is receiving an obscene amount of phone calls from a large amount of people who seem to only be capable of speaking English if it directly adhears to a script they were directed to follow to obtain certain info. If we don't give them a simple yes or no answer (which we can't give them because they're CALLING THE WRONG FUCKING PLACE) then they get confused and sometimes hang-up (not out of anger, but because they're just so flustered). They won't tell us what department they're calling from, just "*whatever* Mortgage", they won't let any of us speak to their supervisors to explain this to them, nothing. Anyway, they keep calling us to make sure the legal description on our report matches the address on our report...I know that probably doesn't mean anything to any of you but if you work here you know the obvious answer is "Yes, why the fuck would we send it to you if we knew it didn't?". They call us to verify our report is correct against our report which is just a mind-numbingly stupid waste of time. Basically, our reports are correct unless they give us information to show otherwise. And to make things worse, I just found out now that we're not the only people they're calling. They're calling the fucking BORROWERS, people who don't know anything about anything, to confirm this information. This is HORRIBLE. I can understand outsourcing a position where they won't have to deal with people at all but this is just causing shitloads of problems and wasting time on everyone's end. I can't keep dealing with this shit here.

Rag Doll
06-13-2006, 12:07 PM
They're still calling? Shouldn't they have like....gotten the hint by now?

nieh
06-13-2006, 12:56 PM
I'd imagine it's a bit difficult to get the hint when half of my team keeps telling them "yes" because it gets them off the phone faster.

Tizzalicious
06-13-2006, 12:57 PM
Yeah outsourcing is a bitch. You should be more profitable like us mailmen. Unprofitable mortgage loan bastards.

EDIT: Wait, I don't get this. Isn't it very difficult to lose money when giving out mortgage loans? I mean even if you get totally fucked over by the loanee, you can sell the part you own. It's a long process but I dont believe you can be that unprofitable. Lolz pwn3d.

- WCM

nieh
06-13-2006, 01:05 PM
EDIT: Wait, I don't get this. Isn't it very difficult to lose money when giving out mortgage loans? I mean even if you get totally fucked over by the loanee, you can sell the part you own. It's a long process but I dont believe you can be that unprofitable. Lolz pwn3d.

Especially when you're one of the biggest (possibly THE biggest, I can't remember for sure) mortgage companies in the country. PHH, Merrill Lynch, Charles Schwab, Century 21, Coldwell Banker and a whole lot of others are all under the PHH corporation. Profits are insane.

nieh
06-14-2006, 11:25 AM
"Thank you for calling the TRG Helpdesk, this is Josh"
*spoken in strong accent and barely loud enough to hear* "Hi, I'm calling from Whatever Mortgage. I'm reviewing property report for Jonathan Smitharino and I want to verify the legal description is for the subject property."
"Do you have a loan #"
*pause like I'm throwing them a curve-ball*"Yes, it's 0123456789"
"Ok. Based on the search we ran with the county, the legal description does match the address. However, we have nothing to verify that against. You would have to contact the loan counselor to see if they have any info."
"Ok, this is a property report, I need to make sure the legal description is for the property address showing."
"Yes, based on county records, it matches. But we don't have anything else to check that against. You need to contact the loan counselor"
"The legal description is showing on the report as *begins reading legal description*"
"I have a copy of the legal description in front of me. You need to contact the counselor to verify this because we only have the search we originally completed on it."
"May I have your name?"
"Yes, it's Josh"
"Can you spell that for me?"
"J-O-S-H"
"G-O-S-A?"
"no, J-O-S-H"
"thank you Josh have a good day thank you for your help. How is your day going?"
"My day's going fine, how's yours going?"
"Yes...Thank you. Bye"

I know I can't get mad at the folks themselves for not speaking English because they're not from an English-speaking country but it's soooo fucking frustrating having to deal with this all day.

Also, sometimes they interrupt me after the first half of my "yes it matches, BUT" and then say "thank you, bye".

Endymion
06-14-2006, 11:40 AM
Smitharino
<3<3<3<3<3

Nicole
06-14-2006, 05:13 PM
Those Indian call centres really annoy me, they keep calling me then asking me to feed them my own information such as name, DOB. Like I'm dumb enough to fall for that.

I love the sudden hang ups though, so amusing.