PDA

View Full Version : Share Your Bella Moments

wheelchairman
06-14-2006, 03:46 AM
Here's one of mine.

Tizz, myself and my friend Phillip were taking the train to where I live. And there was a huge UNICEF sign saying "Text this number and send 100 DKK to protect 40 african kids from AIDS."

And I said "wait a minute there is no vaccine against AIDS and no cure for it either."

To which Tizz came with the very intelligent reply "Well maybe they will give condoms to the parents!"

The obvious answer being "but...Tizz... that would mean no kids at all...."

Tizzalicious
06-14-2006, 08:03 AM
I'm not so smaartje :(

(will be on skype soon by the way, just fixing some dinner first, I'm on the messengerless livingroom PC now)

JoY
06-14-2006, 10:40 AM
*points at signature* everyone has Bella-moments every once in a while. it's perfectly natural!

of course I'd say that. I won't tell anyone I dropped in a kettle of campari when I was four & was drunk ever since.

today I was in a public toilet in a mall & someone had obviously taken a dump in there, because it smelled like.. shit. & I didn't want anyone to think I'd made it smell so bad, so I said to my friend, while walking out of the toilet, that it smelled awful in there, extra loud, so the person going after me would hear it. unfortunately the cleaning lady heard it aswell. very, very clearly. & she gave me the stare of death. so I quickly added, "like it always does in toilets! you mean, you won't believe what I find to smell bad. I even hate the smell of soap!". that save came a bit too late, so I decided to just give her a euro & run for cover.

Sunny
06-14-2006, 11:26 AM
in front of a bull statue near wall street:

me: is that a boy bull or a girl bull? oh wait. it has balls.

charlie: *something along the lines of BULLS ARE ALWAYS BOYS, IDIOT*

me: how would i know? i'm not a microbiologist!

..yeah, i'm special.

0r4ng3
06-14-2006, 11:48 AM
I read the thread title as "Shave Your Bella Moments". Does that count as a Bella moment?

Sinister
06-14-2006, 11:51 AM
I read the thread title as "Shave Your Bella Moments". Does that count as a Bella moment?
I say it does.

And I've not had any Bella moment recently.

Sin Studly
06-14-2006, 11:51 AM
*points at signature* everyone has Bella-moments every once in a while. it's perfectly natural!

I don't. I'm perfect.

Oh, and there is a cure for AIDS, i figured it out back in '97, but people are just too worthless to institute it and give me the Nobel prize for psysiology and medicine.

JoY
06-14-2006, 12:09 PM
homosexuality is the disease, aids is the cure.

that once was in a play. jokingly, I might add.

HornyPope
06-14-2006, 03:53 PM
Paris is a city!

/nah, nothing comes to mind. I'm sure it happened. Just forget.

noodlesfan
06-14-2006, 06:20 PM
homosexuality is the disease, aids is the cure.

that once was in a play. jokingly, I might add.
and when i joke about people dieing, i get all fwumped at.

Sin Studly
06-14-2006, 06:23 PM
That's probably because you're totally not funny.

noodlesfan
06-14-2006, 06:30 PM
that sounds about right, how many legit. posts do i have to make until i'm not considered a troll anymore?

Professor Chaos
06-14-2006, 06:32 PM
One would be a nice start.

JohnnyNemesis
06-14-2006, 06:41 PM
And with one post, Professor Chaos leaps ahead of you, noodlesfan.

As far as Bella moments go, I once forgot that beaches are always near bodies of water.

Yeah, I st00pidz.

noodlesfan
06-14-2006, 06:47 PM
my bella moment, one time, i thought that i had something informative to say on the board.

Betty
06-14-2006, 08:05 PM
I assume I have them ALL the time. I'm pretty famous.

"The water is smoking!"

"It's called steam Michelle."

JohnnyNemesis
06-14-2006, 08:07 PM
I love that one, Mee-shell.

0r4ng3
06-14-2006, 08:13 PM
Oh, I remember one.

I once asked if October had 31 days.

Rag Doll
06-14-2006, 08:54 PM
yesterday, in my friends car at the parking lot at work...

me: jess, that car has the same stickers on its window that mine does!

jess: that is your car, idiot.

me: oh yeah. so it is.

=\

Vera
06-15-2006, 01:38 AM
I don't remember any of my own Bella moments but I'll repost my mum's one in case anyone missed it:

My mum had a Bella moment the other day. We were driving to a restaurant and my dad asks, "So where do we get in?", referring to which side of the building has the entrance. And my mum goes, "Through the door."

And Paris is a city.

JoY
06-15-2006, 02:26 AM
Michelle's & Sam's were GREAT. *giggles* now we're talking, more stories like these!

Andy
06-16-2006, 04:24 AM
A few years back we were at a works christmas party, and we all drank heartily. Anyway, it's the end of the night and we go outside where one of my mates goes "hey, there's our ride!" so I got in the back of the taxi and started talking in usual taxi manner, "alright mate, *address* please. Had a busy night? (etc etc)".

However, instead of moving, he just turned around and stared at me in amazement. It was then I realised that yes, it was my father. And yes, I had only called him about 10 minutes ago asking for the lift home.

However I think that that's less of a Bella moment, and more of an outright moronic moment.

T-6005
06-16-2006, 04:27 AM
Andy, that's fucking brilliant.

And clearly it isn't, but it's still an awesome story.

HeadAroundU
06-16-2006, 05:08 AM
Hahaha, that's an amazing story.

Nina
06-16-2006, 05:29 AM
HAHAHHA Andy.

JoY
06-16-2006, 05:39 AM
I say it counts as a Bella moment. definitely if it involves alcohol. *grins* & man, that seriously is a great story. hold on to that one, your grandkids will LOVE it.

killer_queen
06-16-2006, 06:28 AM
Last summer me and my best friend decided to go shopping and bought a great purple eye shadow for myself. I couldn't resist like always I do and tried it on. And my friend told me that I looked gorgeous when I closed my eyes. So I ran to the closest mirror in happiness to check how my eyes looked like. But then I realized that it was impossible to see myself with closed eyes.

It was a pretty embarrassing moment. Luckily, I was the only one who knew what was going on my stupid mind.

Rocky-girl
06-16-2006, 06:53 AM
When I read this thread I remembered one situastion that don't like to remember because in that time I made fool of my best friend. Well we went with our third friend for a waik with her new school friends. We didn't knew them. So 2 of us went for alchohol 3 of us went for meal and 4 stayed. while we were waiting we understood that we had forgot to tell them to buy coal. And then I sain:" No,no all is Ok, because N is with us! She can help us!" - "How????" " She will bite through a few tree, so all will be Ok!" My friend said: "What? Oh Tanya, why did you tell them it? Oh it was my secret!" the rest of evening everybody remembered "She will bite throught!"
That situation was very stupid. And it brings me a lot of troubles.

JoY
06-16-2006, 07:10 AM
Last summer me and my best friend decided to go shopping and bought a great purple eye shadow for myself. I couldn't resist like always I do and tried it on. And my friend told me that I looked gorgeous when I closed my eyes. So I ran to the closest mirror in happiness to check how my eyes looked like. But then I realized that it was impossible to see myself with closed eyes.

It was a pretty embarrassing moment. Luckily, I was the only one who knew what was going on my stupid mind.
but you could've closed one eye & looked with the other. right?

or was that just really blonde aswell? :/

noodlesfan
06-16-2006, 07:23 AM

This conjures up images from that movie "mystery men" when the guy says "i'm invisible, can you see me?"

JoY
06-16-2006, 07:41 AM
this morning I saw Leo Beenhakker on television & I knew about Trinidad & Tobago & stuff, but otherwise I'd never paid much attention to him before. so when I saw his mug on tv, I was like, "dude, I recognise him from soccer programs!", all proud I actually recognised him & ALMOST knew something about soccer. & my boyfriend looked at me & said; "& from Flog It!". (he named a Dutch program kind of like it) & I looked back at him, totally confused; "he was on Flog It aswell??!". "well no babe, he's a soccercoach.." & I was all embarrassed, because I KNOW & of course, why would he be on Flog It, but.. he made it sound almost credible. :(

killer_queen
06-16-2006, 08:24 AM
but you could've closed one eye & looked with the other. right?

or was that just really blonde aswell? :/
Of course I could. But somehow it didn't come to my mind in that moment. I just closed my eyes and waited for a couple of seconds to see. I hope no one has seen me.

By the way I forgot to tell how I loved Andy's story. This guy gets more cute every day.

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-16-2006, 09:36 AM
I don't have many Bella moment per se, but in the kitchen I have many manifestations of it. My best:

Oven cooking things that need to be grilled, and vice versa.
Putting water on the boil and forgetting about it.
You know those tins of corned beef and sardines with the little key that you have to twist round? Destroying the tin, destroying my fingers, scratching every surface in sight, and having no corned beef at the end of it
Buttering bread at the counter, and lifting up the bread to realise it's on something particularly unappetising (coke, marmite, vinegar)
And I know it's an old cliche, but I did actually once burn a salad. I kid you not.

JohnnyNemesis
06-16-2006, 03:21 PM
Whoa, way to fit into the "Brits can't cook" stereotype =P

Sunny
06-16-2006, 03:24 PM
i feel your pain, dave.

after all, i am the girl who put paper towels in the toaster oven and caused a fire. a small one, but yknow. stiil.

XYlophonetreeZ
06-16-2006, 04:14 PM
Once back in high school I was getting ready to take my dog for a walk. I ran upstairs first to go get my shoes and then ran someplace else to go get my portable CD player, headphones and whatever CD I wanted to listen to. I think it took me a while to find it, because when I got all that and the leash it apparently felt like I had everything. So I headed outside, and I was out there for a good two minutes before I realized that I was outside listening to music, dragging a leash on the ground. I went to walk the dog- and I forgot the dog.

Beat that.

0r4ng3
06-16-2006, 05:34 PM
My brother once left a drink out for too long (I don't remember what kind), and he found a fungus in it. Of course, we were all grossed out. Later, when I grabbed a soda, I shook it to check for fungus, being the paranoid freak that I am. After seeing it was safe, I immediately opened it. A soda. Which I had just shaken.

JoY
06-17-2006, 04:37 AM
Once back in high school I was getting ready to take my dog for a walk. I ran upstairs first to go get my shoes and then ran someplace else to go get my portable CD player, headphones and whatever CD I wanted to listen to. I think it took me a while to find it, because when I got all that and the leash it apparently felt like I had everything. So I headed outside, and I was out there for a good two minutes before I realized that I was outside listening to music, dragging a leash on the ground. I went to walk the dog- and I forgot the dog.

Beat that.
I went to fieldhockey practice without my stick several times. not just to practices, also to competitions. :/

I left my violin at the theater where we played the other day. I was so excited from the evening & wanted to drink a beer with my parents so bad, I just walked out the theater & it was only after a few beers, when we were about to go home, that my mother said; "where's your violin, dear?"

a week ago I was at the trainstation with my violin, because we had a concert somewhere. I didn't eat breakfast, so I got neurotic, because that messed up my schedule & I hate it when that happens. I was looking for money in my bag, couldn't find anything, walked around at the trainstation, went to my train & suddenly, before getting in, I realised I wasn't carrying my violin anymore. when I tried to think when & where I had it last, I remembered having to put it down to check my bag for money to buy breakfast. I ran back & found it at that exact spot, with a man standing next to it, who'd been watching it for me. aww.<3

there's more, but oh well. just so you know you're not the only one who can be retarded. the dog thing? I did that too, but not with the leash dragging on the ground behind me, but I was just holding it. it took me one minute to realise I'd forgotten the dog.

JohnnyNemesis
06-17-2006, 10:46 AM
Dr. Treez COMPLETELY wins this thread. HAAAAAAAAA!

T-6005
06-17-2006, 10:48 AM
Dr. Treez COMPLETELY wins this thread. HAAAAAAAAA!
I don't know, I'm considering Andy and Treez on the same level.

JohnnyNemesis
06-17-2006, 10:51 AM
Andy had been out drinking though; he was aided!

Sunny
06-17-2006, 11:25 AM
two linguistic bella moments i shared with iza on aim:

"i don't speak mexican!"

and

"do people in ireland speak english? or irish?"

=/

T-6005
06-17-2006, 11:31 AM
Andy had been out drinking though; he was aided!
Takes no merit away from the story.

It's the story, not the circumstance, that makes the tale great.

Vera
06-17-2006, 12:33 PM
"i don't speak mexican!"
My Bella moment of today - reading this and thinking "What's so wrong with that?".

Liek duhhhhh. *goes speak Latin with Ricky*

Nina
06-17-2006, 01:42 PM
My Bella moment of today - reading this and thinking "What's so wrong with that?".

holy shit me too!!!!

Nina
06-17-2006, 01:45 PM
Also, this story needs to be recognized.

My brother once left a drink out for too long (I don't remember what kind), and he found a fungus in it. Of course, we were all grossed out. Later, when I grabbed a soda, I shook it to check for fungus, being the paranoid freak that I am. After seeing it was safe, I immediately opened it. A soda. Which I had just shaken.

- -Lauren- -
06-17-2006, 07:59 PM
Oh my god where do I start with the Bella moments? Now that I attempt to think, I can't remember anything. :(

Well, for those who have seen Arrested Development, I was calling my friend a chicken for not going on one of the rides at the local fair doing the "a-coodle-doo-doo!" Lucille thing. I wasn't looking and I ran into a steel fence and nearly tripped.

I always seem to trip over...concrete. I know. It's bad.

Once I was making Top Ramen and I didn't notice that a lit a dishtowel on fire because it was next to the flame on the gas range. Eh. I Stupid.

Rag Doll
06-17-2006, 08:02 PM
i have another i might as well share...

so i was driving to work one morning last winter. as i'm driving i'm seeing little white things...and i said to myself out loud *what is that white stuff falling on my car?*...i continued debating this until i pulled into the parking lot at work (around 5 minutes later) and then went *ohhhh, it's snoooowing ::giggle::*.

=\

i have a lot more. but yeah.

Endymion
06-17-2006, 08:03 PM
Well, for those who have seen Arrested Development, I was calling my friend a chicken for not going on one of the rides at the local fair doing the "a-coodle-doo-doo!" Lucille thing. I wasn't looking and I ran into a steel fence and nearly tripped.
i still prefer the classic Gob version.

Once I was making Top Ramen and I didn't notice that a lit a dishtowel on fire because it was next to the flame on the gas range. Eh. I Stupid.
that happens all the time. my sister has started more grease fires in our kitchen than i can count on one foot.

- -Lauren- -
06-17-2006, 08:08 PM
i still prefer the classic Gob version.

Gob and Lucille have always been my favorites. ahh...I will miss that show :(

Endymion
06-17-2006, 08:14 PM
if you liked AD, you should check out Newsradio. it's probably the closest you'll come to a show like that. the british version of The Office was similarly good too.

0r4ng3
06-17-2006, 08:19 PM
Oh, how could I forget?

On more than one occasion, I toasted something in the toaster oven. I would turn it on, and come back about two minutes later, and wonder why whatever I was making wasn't warm yet. I check and realize, I hadn't plugged it in.

That's not the end of it, though. Once, I wanted to re-heat a pizza, so I used the toaster oven. Not only did I forget to plug it in again, I ended up eating the cold pizza, forgetting that I wanted it toasted in the first place.

JohnnyNemesis
06-17-2006, 08:43 PM
My mom had a ton of these. She very often made us grilled cheese sandwiches...but forgot to put cheese in there. After a few bites we'd realize and laugh or whatever.

Tizzalicious
06-17-2006, 10:28 PM
Haha, mine does too, she would be planning on making rice with curry, then tell us dinne ready, put the curry on the table, and then say: "oh...I forgot to make the rice". She did this twice. Once she forgot to make it completely, and once she just put the water on the stove, but never turned it on//put the rice in.

Also, something my grandma once did, they were having dinner, and my dad (or someone, I forgot) thought it could use more salt:

Dad: "did you use salt?"
Grandma: "yes, I even put it in twice!"

JoY
06-18-2006, 06:48 AM
something else; this morning when I woke up I felt like I was watching an episode of a tv show I'd already seen before. it took me a long, long time before I realised I wasn't watching anything, but that I was waking up with a hangover, which just felt very familliar.

I dunno if this counts as a Bella moment, but since I am Bella, I say it does.

JoY
06-18-2006, 06:56 AM
when I was fourteen, I was developing an interest in boys. well, it's process, I can't say when it started, but yeah. anyway, I was walking the dog & the dog was walking on the grass to take a piss or whatever & suddenly I see this pretty fucking cute guy on the other side of the street I'd never seen before. I look to the left while walking on, the dog pulling me forwards on the leash. I was simply staring to the left, to that guy, which is embarrassing in itself. suddenly I hit the lamppost of a streetlight with the entire right side of my face. I just walked right into it. & it hurt too. I wanted to grab my face, but well, in these situations one tries to act like nothing happened & nothing's wrong, right? right? so I try to act as normally as possible, while the guy on the other side of the street walks on laughing.

Tizzalicious
06-18-2006, 06:57 AM
Hahahaha, I once walked into a lamppost like that too. Ouch.

JoY
06-18-2006, 07:15 AM
it's not just "ouch", it's double ouch, including the ego-ouch.

Vera
09-17-2006, 02:08 AM
My mum and Bella must be soul-mates. She just went "I don't understand why I don't understand this."

Not too Bella a moment but it was just really amusing and all kinds of blondness to me.

Endymion
09-17-2006, 10:02 AM
Crotch Fire!

wheelchairman
09-17-2006, 10:06 AM
A Latvian guy asked if I had seen Butterfly Effect. I was a little drunk and his accent was thick.

So I said aloud and confused, "Buttfire Elephant?"

Camilamazed
09-17-2006, 11:43 PM
Almost like Andy's Bella moment, Some day I was leaving the nightclub I was hanging out and headed to my friend's car. I got into the car and started talking to *my friend*. I only noticed there was something wrong when she knocked the window. I asked: *What are you doing there?* She pointed out the other person in the car......

Yeah, I got into someone else's car.
:o

JoY
09-18-2006, 04:36 AM
the mother of a fiend of mine totally wins this (off the internetz). she said; "Ik gebruik überhaupt geen Duitse woorden", which translates to; "I überhaupt don't use German words."

seek the German word..

I don't know, I'm considering Andy and Treez on the same level.

isn't it for me, lyke, impossible to lose this game?

Manic Subsidal Boy
09-18-2006, 04:38 AM
Almost like Andy's Bella moment, Some day I was leaving the nightclub I was hanging out and headed to my friend's car. I got into the car and started talking to *my friend*. I only noticed there was something wrong when she knocked the window. I asked: *What are you doing there?* She pointed out the other person in the car......

Yeah, I got into someone else's car.
:o

haha awesome, was she drunk

harmony
09-18-2006, 04:44 AM
My whole life is a bella moment.

Manic Subsidal Boy
09-18-2006, 04:54 AM
My whole life is a bella moment.

cool

10 Fucks

harmony
09-18-2006, 04:57 AM
It helps me keep my sense of humor. That and witnessing others' bella moments.

Manic Subsidal Boy
09-18-2006, 04:58 AM
i droped my coke in the movie cinema once, that kid in toy story scared the pants offa me

harmony
09-18-2006, 05:06 AM
drppped how and where did it land? That kid was evil and scary. We had a kid like him in my neighborhood, and my brothers occassionally were like that.

Manic Subsidal Boy
09-18-2006, 05:10 AM
see it was in my hands, and then it wasnt

harmony
09-18-2006, 05:13 AM
So all over you huh? what did you do?

Manic Subsidal Boy
09-18-2006, 05:14 AM
acually on the floor and i gotta nother one free

harmony
09-18-2006, 05:17 AM
It happens. Time for bong hits

JoY
09-18-2006, 07:33 AM
that reminds me; friends of mine always used to joke that was 'the alcoholic'. we were planning on keeping a movie marathon & had bought booze. well, I bought booze for the occasion. Tia Maria. & no one was planning on drinking it with me, because everybody happened to dislike the stuff to hell & back.

either way, first we went to the cinema to watch a movie there. we were sitting in the back (last row) & I don't know what your movie theaters look like, but most often they're built so, that you sit way higher in the back, than you sit in the front. know what I mean?

anyway, I dropped the Tia Maria & it rolled to the front through the entire fucking theater. eventually someone sitting in the front row found it under his chair, held it up & asked who's it was. all embarrassed I raised my hand & my friends were totally laughing their butts off. to make it worse, the person who found it, didn't walk up to me to give it back, but gave it to the person behind him ("can you pass it on, that's hers over there") to give it to the person behind that person & so on.

that night I almost completely emptied the thing for multiple reasons.

Sinister
09-18-2006, 07:37 AM
Isn't it forbidden to have booze in a movie theater ?

Oh, and I understand the reasons of emptying it.

JoY
09-18-2006, 08:05 AM
no? actually, never thought about it. it definitely is, if you're planning on drinking it there. I'd just bought it in the supermarket/liquor store (don't remember) & took it with me in a white plastic bag.

that was also exactly the problem. I dropped the bottle, because I was looking which side of the bag was up. (I found that out a moment later, when my precious bottle smacked on the ground & rolled under all seats with a lot of noise to the other side of the theater) which, I suppose, is another Bella-moment, which makes this Bella-moment a collection of multiple Bella-moments.

oh man, it was all so embarrassing.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
09-18-2006, 02:13 PM
This is a thread I really enjoy reading. I've had many of these moments, but none worthy of this thread. I'll just share one I was involved with.

Last year, my whole class went on a trip to Washington D.C. and we stayed in this big hotel. It was myself, four friends (Mike, Chris, and Alex), and a teacher in an elevator. Now, my friend Alex isn't exactly the brightest kid on the block. Then these 3 very good-looking girls (not from our class) got in the elevator.
Chris: "Hey, guys, what is our room number, again?"
Mike: "Uhh... I don't know, I forgot, 224, right?"
Me: "Yeah, 224 sounds right, but I'm not positive."
Alex: Angry and yelling: "Of course it's 224, you retards!"

0r4ng3
09-18-2006, 02:21 PM
A quick note to whoever was rambling on for about 20 posts:

Dropping your soda because you got scared in a movie theater does not count as a Bella Moment.

Vera
09-19-2006, 12:23 AM
Yeah, it doesn't fit the strict definition (saying something completely obvious and usually definitional) or the loose definition (doing something dumb and embarrassing).

Manic Subsidal Boy
09-19-2006, 12:25 AM
i ran the 100m sprint before the gun blew

Vera
09-19-2006, 02:18 AM
We really don't need any more proof on how stupid you are, especially if your stories of tomfoolery aren't even funny.

Manic Subsidal Boy
09-19-2006, 02:30 AM
We really don't need any more proof on how stupid you are, especially if your stories of tomfoolery aren't even funny.

hows it meant to be funny? you wanted something i gave it, i dont have "Bella Moments" as you say

Vera
09-19-2006, 02:31 AM
If you don't have "Bella Moments" even as defined loosely, stop fucking posting in this topic.

Manic Subsidal Boy
09-19-2006, 02:32 AM
If you don't have "Bella Moments" even as defined loosely, stop fucking posting in this topic.

thats just a minor threat...:(

JohnnyNemesis
09-19-2006, 06:57 AM
I second Vera's comments. Bella moments only count if non-retards have a mental lapse and do something silly. It doesn't count if someone who is already stupid does something stupid.

JoY
09-19-2006, 07:46 AM
A quick note to whoever was rambling on for about 20 posts:

Dropping your soda because you got scared in a movie theater does not count as a Bella Moment.

but dropping my Tia Maria in a movie theater does, right?:(

0r4ng3
09-19-2006, 10:27 AM
Hey, they're your moments. You decide.

Tizzalicious
09-20-2006, 05:24 AM
Me: "Ik was in slaap gevallen!"
Per: "What?"
Me: "IK WAS IN SLAAP GEVALLEN!"
Per: "What???!!!"
Me: "Oh shit, I didn't realise I was speaking Dutch"

(I was half asleep though, the thing I was saying means: "I fell asleep"

JoY
09-20-2006, 07:31 AM
Hey, they're your moments. You decide.

well, the fact I dropped it, because I was looking which side of the bag I was carrying it in was up... that's definitely very Bella. one of my friends asked; "why did you even drop that thing in the first place" & I explained it to him, thinking it totally made sense.

Tizz, us speaking English even AFTER the meet-up definitely counts as a Bella-moment. *nods*

Tizzalicious
09-20-2006, 11:12 AM
Haha, you are right, that was pretty Bella indeed :P Especially because we didn't even realise for a while. And then it kept happening. Stupidz.