PDA

View Full Version : Please Offspring!

SoraSlayer
12-16-2004, 07:06 PM
Dont start putting your stuff on MTV!!

leo3375
12-16-2004, 08:05 PM
Wow, where have you been for the last ten years? The Offspring have made appearances on MTV since 1994. Likewise, their videos have been getting airtime on MTV for a while.

Little_Miss_1565
12-16-2004, 08:52 PM
Dont start putting your stuff on MTV!!

...so I guess you don't remember the million dollar giveaway.

meaning_of_life
12-17-2004, 02:45 AM
yep, the 'spring sold out to conformity many a moon ago

MirandaV
12-17-2004, 03:55 AM
I have no problems with MTV, only the fucking annoying commercials.

Tijs
12-17-2004, 05:22 AM
I have no problems with MTV, only the fucking annoying commercials.
Sometimes the programs too, but it's nice to watch every now and then. MTV is ok.

Naz
12-17-2004, 08:43 AM
If they never were played on MTV im sure a lot of fans on this board wouldn't even know who they were.

Gordie
12-17-2004, 09:40 AM
true dat

musicans need MTV to get their stuff out there, especaially the offspring.. cuz heaven knows that MUCH MUSIC doen't play ANY offspring stuff... ever :(

SoraSlayer
12-18-2004, 04:34 PM
Whatever, not to much though

Floyd the Barber
12-18-2004, 08:03 PM
yep, the 'spring sold out to conformity many a moon ago

Um, no they didn't. If they sold out to conformity, they would sound like Yellowcard or Three Days Grace or one of the countless other crappy rock bands who whore themselves out to MTV and radio. I donít think the Offspring have conformed to anything. Yeah, their songs got played a lot on MTV, so what? That was a long time ago. If you havenít noticed, MTV only plays fag-rock, rap, and pop nowadays.

Subsidal
12-19-2004, 04:35 AM
What a fucking statement. Offspring should do what they want and if their stuff's on MTV it shows that people wanna hear 'em and that's a good sign. If people wouldn't like to listen to The Offspring they'd stop making music! And if you're really an Offspring fan you'd support them and not stopping them to get what they want!

To all:
If you're an Offspring fan get the hell start to support 'em and finally stop to tell them they're doing wrong!

Sixpence.
12-19-2004, 04:44 AM
Yeah yeah yeah. You're so right Subsidal.

@SoraSlayer:
If you don't like MTV then just don't watch it! Who forced you to do that?

I think it's cool that their music is played on MTV. And if I think of the EMA's with Offspring I think it's even cooler.
And apart from that: how should Offspring get their music out if not over TV channels like MTV etc. ?

Well. Another thread with a topic I don't really understand...

Subsidal
12-19-2004, 04:51 AM
Thanks. Nice to see others agree with my statement

Sixpence.
12-19-2004, 04:52 AM
"CHECK IT OUT NOW FUNK SOUL BROTHER" ;)

Subsidal
12-19-2004, 04:52 AM
Now you destroyed it *shakeshead*

Sixpence.
12-19-2004, 04:57 AM
no. why? It just came into my mind again because I love it.

Subsidal
12-19-2004, 05:00 AM
Yeah, but I don't think we should spam this thread. We can spam others, but I think this should just stay on topic

Kitten
12-19-2004, 05:25 AM
Whatever, not to much though

How do you expect them to get their videos played with regularity? Or do you think they should be one of those underground bands who have to break up after 2 albums, because they can't pay their debt collectors?

Venezuelan_Nightmare
12-19-2004, 08:40 AM
...so I guess you don't remember the million dollar giveaway.
men what mean this ?
Mota Boy: Why aren't more people like us in power?
1565: We really should change that.
Mota Boy: By force, if necessary.
1565: We're smart, young, charismatic people. I think we could stage a bloodless coup.
Mota Boy: Not to mention good-looking.
1565: The odds are squarely in our favor.

offsprung
12-19-2004, 08:49 AM
anyone watched that new show on mtv with the guys dating the girls mom then deciding if he wants to date the daughter? so gay... i only watch for the looks of sadness from the losing mothers and daughters.

Skate Rat 19
12-19-2004, 09:11 AM
MTV does suck. They only play rap and pop and garbage. Only if rock is political or controversial do they play it. For instance 'American Idiot'. No offense to Green Day. Then when Chuck came out Were all to blame aired for about two weeks and mtv forgot it. And when offspring's Hit That came out, they were on for awhile then they were forgotten. Not even an appearance on TRL. As for Fuse, they play good stuff and let deserving bands have a chance on IMX(now daily download) and they give them a few episodes of loaded. And its great they don't play rap or pop. Although the paid program is an annoyance.

Footos
12-22-2004, 12:51 AM
its easier to get heard of by getting your songs played on the radio not music videos on tv.... And Bands get more money off the almbums and world tours rather then the music videos.