What'll get me the most sympathy?

noodlesfan
06-14-2006, 06:17 PM
Mascera/studded belt combo

and i laughed my ass off at "dead" father

Endymion
06-14-2006, 06:20 PM
what about the letter from a mother who abandoned you?

JohnnyNemesis
06-14-2006, 06:43 PM
*looks at poll results and who voted for who at this point*

That cliche about "great minds" applies here.

Sin Studly
06-14-2006, 06:49 PM
Don't drag me down to your level, subhumans.

noodlesfan
06-14-2006, 06:51 PM
i can't reach that high

coke_a_holic
06-14-2006, 07:40 PM
I think the Ashley boyfriend would cause more self pity than pity from others; but I suppose that's where the majority of pity comes from anyway.

noodlesfan
06-14-2006, 08:17 PM
I think the Ashley boyfriend would cause more self pity than pity from others; but I suppose that's where the majority of pity comes from anyway.
Emoism is all about self pity, people sit and compain about how horrible their life is and then they post myspace bulletins about how much they hate their life, and how they'll kill themselves if their friends don't leave new pic commentz

the_GoDdEsS
06-14-2006, 08:35 PM
This was a good thing to start my day.

noodlesfan
06-14-2006, 08:36 PM
This was a good thing to start my day.
and a good thing to end mine

Rocky-girl
06-15-2006, 04:36 AM
I thought the Dead father... But it's Boyfriend Ashley! Bad, bad for me. I prefer Scars more......

ruroken
06-15-2006, 08:31 AM
None of them, not even combined.

- -Lauren- -
06-15-2006, 11:52 AM
I think Sin needs to lay off. Sure, it can be mildly funny but seriously, just because these people do what they do, doesn't make the people in the subject matter any less than Sin. I personally believe he needs to stop feeling superior to us all and to stop being so condescending. We're all human here, no one is necessarily "better" than others.

Sin Studly
06-15-2006, 12:06 PM
doesn't make the people in the subject matter any less than Sin

Yes it does.

I personally believe he needs to stop feeling superior to us all

I wholeheartedly agree. When you all stop being inferior to me, I'll stop feeling superior, and be overjoyed about it.

We're all human here

Albeit those prefixed with 'semi', 'quasi', 'demi' or even 'sub'. Which is most of you.

no one is necessarily "better" than others.

I don't know where you got that idea from, but you're wrong.

ninthlayer
06-15-2006, 12:32 PM
no one is necessarily "better" than others.
This is so pathetically incorrect.

the_GoDdEsS
06-15-2006, 01:17 PM
All animals are equal...

You know how it continues. So be realistic.

noodlesfan
06-15-2006, 02:08 PM
Sin: a god among animals

JohnnyNemesis
06-15-2006, 04:42 PM
seriously, just because these people do what they do, doesn't make the people in the subject matter any less than Sin.

They're not inherently any less than him, but doing what they do is what makes them inferior to most of us, and most of humanity.

SkunkIt
06-15-2006, 06:17 PM
Ha ha, poor Ashley an TPKYL. Whatever happened to them anyways?

- -Lauren- -
06-15-2006, 06:18 PM
They're not inherently any less than him, but doing what they do is what makes them inferior to most of us, and most of humanity.

But, honestly, how do we get that? Where do we get this feeling of superiority? Is it just because others are different, and we feel that because they aren't the same as us, that we are better? Seriously, everyone needs to re-think the concept, I believe.

JohnnyNemesis
06-15-2006, 06:26 PM
But, honestly, how do we get that? Where do we get this feeling of superiority? Is it just because others are different, and we feel that because they aren't the same as us, that we are better? Seriously, everyone needs to re-think the concept, I believe.

No, you just need to think this one beyond surface level. It's not difference that makes us hate them, it's the fact that they're different and fucking RIDICULOUSLY STUPID.

Heck, I communicate here with a Danish communist born in Oregon, a hot and intelligent med student from the Netherlands, and a bunch of...well, white folks like you. People who couldn't be more different from me. They're different, but I don't feel superior or that they're inferior.

Others, on the other hand, are just pathetic human beings.

noodlesfan
06-15-2006, 06:31 PM
*Aknowledges Pathetic Existance and Extreme Retardation*

- -Lauren- -
06-15-2006, 06:38 PM
No, you just need to think this one beyond surface level. It's not difference that makes us hate them, it's the fact that they're different and fucking RIDICULOUSLY STUPID.

Heck, I communicate here with a Danish communist born in Oregon, a hot and intelligent med student from the Netherlands, and a bunch of...well, white folks like you. People who couldn't be more different from me. They're different, but I don't feel superior or that they're inferior.

Yes, but you are one of those here that communicate on the same level as others. Justin (I hope I've gotten the right name) seems to feel superior to everyone else.

When you think of some of the things that emo/scene and gothic kids do, I guess it's just another way of breaking conformity. They don't want to be like everyone else and they show this.

-I guess you (everyone in general) should just think of the examples given. What if TPKYL's dad really IS dead? He could've possibly made up something before, but when something real comes, you don't believe him. Simple "Boy Who Cried Wolf" situation.

-It isn't TOM's fault his name is Ashley, typically a girl's name.

-Just because you don't like the haircut, doesn't make it terrible. The people wearing it might think it's wonderful.

-As for the cutting, that's their own business. It could be (in their mind) the only way to ease their pain. They could have serious problems from their past, or what they deal with now.

Everyone has a different perception of things.

- -Lauren- -
06-15-2006, 06:39 PM
*Aknowledges Pathetic Existance and Extreme Retardation*

You're just asking for it, aren't you?

noodlesfan
06-15-2006, 06:41 PM
i'm used to it by now

Sunny
06-16-2006, 02:12 AM
When you think of some of the things that emo/scene and gothic kids do, I guess it's just another way of breaking conformity. They don't want to be like everyone else and they show this.

the problem with emo, as with most subcultures, is that the fucks all look the same. or at least similar. where's the non-conformity if you wear a fucking emo uniform?

it's his fault that he's an abusive retard who happens to be named Ashley, though.

-Just because you don't like the haircut, doesn't make it terrible. The people wearing it might think it's wonderful.

there IS such a thing as a BAD HAIRCUT, no matter how much the person might like it.

that being said, my understanding is that this whole thread was just a joke you took way too seriously. i don't know if you're familiar with emo/goth stereotypes (this is all these are, really) and inside jokes on this board. you certainly don't seem to be, though.

On another note, most superiority complexes on this board (real or faked) have no basis in reality.

ninthlayer
06-16-2006, 05:23 AM
omfg, y h8 sew much? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIZ_GPGEQIY)

killer_queen
06-16-2006, 06:33 AM
Definitely a boyfriend named Ashley.

And Lauren, please stop polluting this hilarious thread.

the_GoDdEsS
06-16-2006, 09:03 AM
I like you, Gulsah.

Nicole
06-16-2006, 10:14 AM
Go with dead father. Because yours technically isn't dead, it's just so teenage angst and goffick. You can slam your bedroom door in... (insert emo lamess, I can't even write that shit).

noodlesfan
06-16-2006, 10:16 AM
Go with dead father. Because yours technically isn't dead, it's just so teenage angst and goffick. You can slam your bedroom door in... (insert emo lamess, I can't even write that shit).
unless you want sympathy on this board, because nobody feels sympathetic about that anymore, not after the.....squirrel incident.......Nasdaq will never be the same...

Nina
06-16-2006, 10:19 AM
Seriously, what are you talking about? Although you dont even stand next to me I can imagine you just opening your mouth and talking and talking and nobody listens and/or understands.

Nicole
06-16-2006, 10:26 AM
??? You sound like you've been eating the magic mushrooms.

noodlesfan
06-16-2006, 10:31 AM
Seriously, what are you talking about? Although you dont even stand next to me I can imagine you just opening your mouth and talking and talking and nobody listens and/or understands.
i don't think that i understand what comes out of my mouth sometimes

Nina
06-16-2006, 10:32 AM
Ever heard me talking?
What are you refering to?

Sin Studly
06-16-2006, 12:15 PM
What if TPKYL's dad really IS dead?

I would have a joygasm.

JohnnyNemesis
06-16-2006, 03:19 PM
I guess it's just another way of breaking conformity. They don't want to be like everyone else and they show this.

They break conformity by conforming to something else. It's really fake.

No one's making fun of him for his name. They're making fun of him for being hilariously stupid, changing his entire personality based on what certain people think of him here, and being completely abusive to his ex-girlfriend on here.

-Just because you don't like the haircut, doesn't make it terrible.

Even if we liked it, it'd look terrible.

The people wearing it might think it's wonderful.

Which is why they're fucking retards.

lost_nvrfound
06-16-2006, 03:37 PM
-As for the cutting, that's their own business. It could be (in their mind) the only way to ease their pain. They could have serious problems from their past, or what they deal with now.

Everyone has a different perception of things.

Thats a load of crap! 99% of all "cutters" are just looking for attention. If they ever refer to themselves as being or having been a "cutter", then all they want is for people to give their worthless existence a little bit of acknowledgement and sympathy. Real cutters try to hide what they do to themselves. They're not proud of their useless self-destruction. Don't get me wrong, though. They're morons, too, but on a lesser level than those that walk around sayin' "OMGZ! Last night, I was, like, so pissed off at my parents, that I cut up my arms real bad and took pictures of what I had done on their phones, so that they'll feel really bad for what they did..."

Sunny
06-16-2006, 03:43 PM
you, my friend, are a complete and utter retard. does it hurt?

0r4ng3
06-16-2006, 03:44 PM
It's been said before, but cutting, for any reason whatsoever, is fucked up, and the cutter still needs help. Regardless if it's just for attention.

noodlesfan
06-16-2006, 03:47 PM
cutting, for any reason whatsoever, is fucked up, and the cutter still needs help. Regardless if it's just for attention.
--Agreed..

lost_nvrfound
06-16-2006, 03:57 PM
It's been said before, but cutting, for any reason whatsoever, is fucked up, and the cutter still needs help. Regardless if it's just for attention.

Did i say that they didn't? I was merely disputing her statement that people feel its the only way to lessen their pain. There are some that truely feel that they need to, no doubt about that, but most are in search of attention. I know this, because one of my closest friends is an "ex-cutter". It took 2 psychiatrists, a psycologist, me, her bf, and a couple other people months to finally get her to a point where she stopped.

noodlesfan
06-16-2006, 04:23 PM
the problem with the subject is that it's cool now to be dark and disturbed, people calling themselves atheists and worshiping vampires, fortunately, these people are almost entirely the trendies, and so within a year or two, they'll have moved onto something else.

Everyone is trying to get pity, and in this time of psychiatrists and such, people play right into the "i need help, because i'm sick and twisted, look how deep i cut out a heartagram on my ankle, check out the pics on myspace!" because they say or do things, their parents take them to a shrink, they don't understand any actual concepts of what it means to be disturbed in the head (and don't get the wrong idea, i am NOT trying to come off as someone who is sick in the head).

the thing that spoonfed these kids the bullshit of what it means to be EMO, was the evolution of "screamo". Oh boy! Now they don't just think that they're disturbed and totally dark and vampirish, they think that their music is death metal because they can't hear anything through the nonsensical screaming.

If they were really hardcore and tough, they'd be cutting other people, not themselves.

- -Lauren- -
06-16-2006, 07:25 PM
Thats a load of crap! 99% of all "cutters" are just looking for attention. If they ever refer to themselves as being or having been a "cutter", then all they want is for people to give their worthless existence a little bit of acknowledgement and sympathy. Real cutters try to hide what they do to themselves. They're not proud of their useless self-destruction. Don't get me wrong, though. They're morons, too, but on a lesser level than those that walk around sayin' "OMGZ! Last night, I was, like, so pissed off at my parents, that I cut up my arms real bad and took pictures of what I had done on their phones, so that they'll feel really bad for what they did..."

ORLY? I would love some sort of proven statistic explaining this.

...Anyways, these are just my thoughts on this whole "controversy" if you can call it that. I can't speak for anyone else.

noodlesfan
06-16-2006, 07:26 PM
ORLY? I would love some sort of statistic proving this.
i would like to see a statistic that disproves it.

- -Lauren- -
06-16-2006, 07:29 PM
i would like to see a statistic that disproves it.

Isn't that just about the same thing, relatively? It would still be a statistic about how many people cut themselves for attention. It could prove that 99% do or don't. It's highly unlikely that 99% of the people that do, do it just for attention.

noodlesfan
06-16-2006, 07:39 PM
Isn't that just about the same thing, relatively? It would still be a statistic about how many people cut themselves for attention. It could prove that 99% do or don't. It's highly unlikely that 99% of the people that do, do it just for attention.
you can't research it, the ones who do it for attention will participate in a study, the ones who do it to punish themselves in the dark at night wouldn't.

0r4ng3
06-16-2006, 07:40 PM
The ones who would participate in the survey wouldn't blatantly say that they did it for the attention, though.

Retard
06-16-2006, 08:11 PM
when i dont spike my mohawk it looks terrible does that make me emo?

and that whole thing about being really retarded and if it hurts.... yes it does, trust me.

Placebo14
06-16-2006, 10:10 PM

When will people like you learn that goth and emo are 2 completely different things.

Gothic people do not look for sympathy, thats just emo's.

Goth should have nothing to do with this conversation you ignorant fool.

the_GoDdEsS
06-17-2006, 01:58 AM
Oh God, this actually provoked a goth/emo discussion.

Izie
06-17-2006, 02:03 AM
It's like the abortion threads, all the dumbos think we're serious.

Dumbos.

JohnnyNemesis
06-17-2006, 10:44 AM
The funniest part of this thread is when people acted like lost_nvrfound is worth communicating with.

0r4ng3
06-17-2006, 10:52 AM
Truly my lowest point.