PDA

View Full Version : Love for the BBS

T-6005
06-17-2006, 08:38 AM
Almost kind of hate to admit it.

I love coming here. In a major way here. I'm probably more likely to check this in the morning (by that I mean afternoon) than I am to check my email.

And I know that there are absolute retards on this board, and that can make me mildly aggravated - but I still love it.

My life is fucking sad, I tell you. But I still love the BBS.

Mannen som blev en gris
06-17-2006, 08:45 AM
I agree with you. Even if I don't get along too well with everyone here, and even if everyone doesn't like me, I still love this place and its members. Yes, every single one of you. And I mean that. Sometimes I almost feel like thanking people for posting, simply because that post or that thread was the best thing that happened to me that day. Some might say that's sad, but whatever.

So, thanks everyone for being who you are. And I love you all.

Nina
06-17-2006, 08:46 AM
No, your life isnt sad just from that (god knows what else you do :P ).
I think the majority of members really love to come here. Or at least like it. I dont think it's a wrong thing, as long as you arent extremly addicted.

I have a routine when it comes to online sites.
gmx
bbs
ebay
web.de
livejournal

You see, my mail is still more important, but the BBS is close.

Edit: And there is the humour. This BBS has a special type of humour that people outside of it either dont understand or dont find amusing. Even LJ humour is different to it. And real life people are faaaarr from getting it. Thats mainly what I love about this place.

Izie
06-17-2006, 08:47 AM
Me likey the bbs. It brought me some great times, haha.

Arrr.

the_GoDdEsS
06-17-2006, 08:51 AM
I want what you're drinking.

T-6005
06-17-2006, 09:34 AM
I want what you're drinking.
You're so mean. And you have weird fetishes.

Andy
06-17-2006, 10:20 AM
Three cheers for the BBS

Hip Hip...

0r4ng3
06-17-2006, 10:37 AM
Hooray? Never happened.

BREAK
06-17-2006, 10:53 AM
"Love" is too strong a word, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be :( if it got taken away from us again.

Betty
06-17-2006, 10:53 AM
I check it either before or after my e-mail when I'm at home. Depending whether I'm expecting (a) an e-mail or (b) a reply to a post. Ha.

Cute thread, Thi.

Sunny
06-17-2006, 11:14 AM
ha. i have a total love/hate relationship with this place. like.. it's weird. i've been here for years. it's changed a lot i've watched some people grow up (myself included, i'd like to believe) and some.. er, just change. but that's not the point.

i still check it every day and it's entertaining.. and it's definitely a habit i can't kick, ha. i love the inside jokes and all.. but sometimes it's annoying in its total predictability.

T-6005
06-17-2006, 11:20 AM
Sunny,

Definitely what I meant.

Tizzalicious
06-17-2006, 11:25 AM
BBS comes before mail for me. It's sad, but true. I hardly get any interesting mail anyway.

Rocky-girl
06-17-2006, 11:43 AM
Hm I liked. But now I try to find something interesting, something that makes me smile. Or just when I'm bored and what to talk, but in that moments I could hardly find person to talk to.:(

T-6005
06-17-2006, 11:46 AM
Hm I liked. But now I try to find something interesting, something that makes me smile. Or just when I'm bored and what to talk, but in that moments I could hardly find person to talk to.:(
Don't worry, Tanichka, at times the BBS is full of losers like me - I think we're worth talking to, there's just nothing worth talking about.

The BBS goes through phases - and it's without a doubt on a low right now. It gets better, I swear.

the_GoDdEsS
06-17-2006, 11:49 AM
Tani, go on your livejournal.

Nina
06-17-2006, 11:49 AM
The BBS goes through phases - and it's without a doubt on a low right now. It gets better, I swear.

Thats weird, in my opinion it got better the last two or three weeks. I see that when I look at my post count - it increased in a short amount of time.
I used to not visit the BBS for longer time periods because it got so boring.

Sunny
06-17-2006, 11:56 AM

what bugs me is when i see a thread and can already tell what the responses will be. like, x will say this, y will say that, z will agree with x. ldsfkg. it's such a let down. ;p

T-6005
06-17-2006, 12:02 PM
what bugs me is when i see a thread and can already tell what the responses will be. like, x will say this, y will say that, z will agree with x. ldsfkg. it's such a let down. ;p
This is true, but it's those people who you can't predict that make it worth it.

I'm sorry, my mom's friend just died of AIDS, my responses are pretty crap.

Sinister
06-17-2006, 12:16 PM
I greatly appreciate the BBS ("love" isn't the right word), even when I go through a "scandal" and get my ass pwned. I guess I'm too addicted to quit if I can stay and not get laughed at and attacked for every single post I make.

killer_queen
06-17-2006, 12:22 PM
I love this place and I have never felt bad for it. This place has too many reasons to be loved. I don't count myself as an addicted, though.

Vera
06-17-2006, 12:30 PM
I have a routine when it comes to online sites.

Edit: And there is the humour. This BBS has a special type of humour that people outside of it either dont understand or dont find amusing. Even LJ humour is different to it. And real life people are faaaarr from getting it. Thats mainly what I love about this place.

Me too:

yahoomail
livejournal
bbs (your band)
bollywhat (message board)
bbs (further surfing)
imdb daily poll
india fm
the hungersite

I agree about the humor. I remember I went to see a stand up comedy gig with my friends, it was in a theater so there were hundreds of people there and this guy comes on, does a few jokes, then starts doing this abortion joke. When he reached the final punchline, I was the only one laughing out loud. Even the comedian guy was a bit puzzled as to why I laughed so hard.

Actually, I *really* cracked up and was all "Omg that abortion joke!" to my friends during interval. They were just like ".... Okay."

Rocky-girl
06-17-2006, 12:42 PM
Don't worry, Tanichka, at times the BBS is full of losers like me - I think we're worth talking to, there's just nothing worth talking about.

Oh, don't talk in this way! I think people here are not understood in world. So, I think that it's not that way to think in. But some of people here really are.

Tani, go on your livejournal.
Is it for me? If it for me, I have no peoples to do it for:(

the_GoDdEsS
06-17-2006, 12:43 PM
Only for you.

T-6005
06-17-2006, 12:45 PM
Oh, don't talk in this way! I think people here are not understood in world. So, I think that it's not that way to think in. But some of people here really are.
I'm sorry, Tanichka (if I can call you that), I don't understand what you mean with the second half of that.

Harnum
06-17-2006, 12:49 PM
even if i dont post very often anymore, i'm always on here for some odd reason... i think its the good convos and the great people. MODs especially. it's just 24/7 entertainment

H1T_That
06-17-2006, 12:56 PM
even if i dont post very often anymore, i'm always on here for some odd reason... i think its the good convos and the great people. MODs especially. it's just 24/7 entertainment

'very often anymore'....you've only been a member since april. Thats only 2 months.

Mota Boy
06-17-2006, 02:18 PM

I love coming here. In a major way here. I'm probably more likely to check this in the morning (by that I mean afternoon) than I am to check my email.

And I know that there are absolute retards on this board, and that can make me mildly aggravated - but I still love it.

My life is fucking sad, I tell you. But I still love the BBS.
Shut the fuck up, faggot.

SkunkIt
06-17-2006, 02:24 PM
Almost....BBS.
Same here.

Llamas
06-17-2006, 02:42 PM
I have a routine, too

school email
regular email
facebook
livejournal
myspace
this bbs
another bbs

0r4ng3
06-17-2006, 02:54 PM
Well, as long as we're all posting our routines...

BBS
MySpace
Webcomcs (whichever ones update out of the 20-something that I read)
Last.fm
Multiplayer Games (at the moment, Bio Nightmare and that Vampire game)

And then randomize from there. It differs from time to time, but I always start with BBS and MySpace. I check my e-mail every few days, because I don't get much.

Rag Doll
06-17-2006, 03:03 PM
I always check this place last, because I know I'll spend more time on it than on anything else...if I check it first, I'll never get around to checking my mail and stuff.

I like the bbs...and the bbs has given me good times and I can thank the bbs for a lot of stuff (ohgod, whatta emos). I just....feel sort of ridiculous for being here for six years. Oh well, at least I'm in good company...for the most part.

Preocupado
06-17-2006, 04:33 PM
I like it too. For many reaons. [/obvious post]

HornyPope
06-17-2006, 05:44 PM
Wtf you people get emails?

I usualy just check and get back on my away IMs. Then I dick around the BBS. Then I spend hour or two thinking of the reasons why I should work today and then I maybe I do the work.

- -Lauren- -
06-17-2006, 07:40 PM
MySpace (when I had it, so nevermind)
BBS
Aiden BBS (the thing that sucks about that board is how everyone complains about being suicidal, their suicide attempts, have disturbing signatures, and etc. It's also very unorganized, unlike this lovely board we have here.)

Vera
06-17-2006, 10:45 PM
Aiden, is that a band? Someone I know on livejournal loves that band.. Her icons of it are normal, though.

HornyPope
06-18-2006, 12:10 AM
Dear BBS,

I would like to stick my penis into your two orifices.

Endymion
06-18-2006, 12:16 AM
Dear BBS,

I would like to stick my penis into your two orifices.
left and right nostrils? per and ninth?

HornyPope
06-18-2006, 12:20 AM
Yeah, to stimulate an intercourse with a 3 month baby <33333

HornyPope
06-18-2006, 12:21 AM
LOL at the edit. Like ROFL!!!

Rocky-girl
06-18-2006, 12:34 AM
Only for you.
Oh, I'll go and update it immidiatly! Only for you!

I'm sorry, Tanichka (if I can call you that), I don't understand what you mean with the second half of that.
Certainly, you can! Yesterday I had a little time to post here. SO I didn't read my post till end. And now reading it for the 2nd time I see that it's a mess. I only wanted to say that I think part of people here are not understood in the world. But then I thought and understood that you were totally right talking about the other part of people here. hm, badly written, if you don't understand ask me again.

the_GoDdEsS
06-18-2006, 12:35 AM
I replied last night!

Rocky-girl
06-18-2006, 12:37 AM
I replied last night!
Oh, I haven't been there! Now I'll go and read!Thank you!

Kayleigh
06-19-2006, 01:06 PM
I used to post on the board obsessively when it was still white and red. I kind of forgot about it though. My fiancee has gone to stay with his family leaving me all alone, so I am staying with my parents and rediscovered it saved in my favourites.

I used to be really addicted to it, but I don't know anybody anymore and have run out of things to look at on the internet.

Vera
06-19-2006, 01:17 PM
I used to post on the board obsessively when it was still white and red.
I'm so tired I read this as "I used to post on the board obsessively when I was still white".

omgwtf reverse Michael Jackson.

HornyPope
06-19-2006, 01:18 PM
Hello infans causus, or whatever was it. TBD didn't quite work out?

the_GoDdEsS
06-19-2006, 01:18 PM
Weren't you friends with Naz? I think she's still here, or was.

Kayleigh
06-19-2006, 01:32 PM
Yep, I'm still good friends with Naz.

Haha, and no, TBD didn't quite work out. I've moved on to better things now...

WebDudette
06-19-2006, 02:13 PM

I check here daily I check my e-mail roughly once a week.

HornyPope
06-19-2006, 02:18 PM
Yep, I'm still good friends with Naz.

Haha, and no, TBD didn't quite work out. I've moved on to better things now...

Anal?

Yeah, me too.