PDA

View Full Version : I don't need a tutorial every time I try to leave voicemail.

sKratch
06-17-2006, 10:09 AM
It's really quite annoying when I want to leave a message and have to sit through whatever clever recording my friends thought of, only to hear this afterwards:
To page this person, press 5.
To leave a callback number, press 3.
For more options, press 2.
For the weather in Kansas, press pound.
To arrange for yourself to be stabbed in the eye, press 6 and 8 simultainiously.

I mean fucking seriously... I just want the phone to beep, and I'll be on my way. Have some mercy on people like me, and disable all those extra explanations in your voicemail settings.

the_GoDdEsS
06-17-2006, 10:10 AM
The worst thing is when I want to charge it with money and there's a fucking AD preceding it. Fucking cunts.

Dear customer, next time try XXXYYY service, blah blah blah

Nina
06-17-2006, 10:13 AM
Thats why everyone I know and myself does NOT have voicemail enabled. harhar.

the_GoDdEsS
06-17-2006, 10:18 AM
Thats why everyone I know and myself does NOT have voicemail enabled. harhar.

Same here. And I can't stand phones. I can't stand people calling me to whom I don't want to talk to. Let alone hear some recorded messages.

Endymion
06-17-2006, 10:20 AM
you can disable that stuff? i never saw that option when i set up my voicemail.

Nina
06-17-2006, 10:23 AM
Depends on the phone company. All phone companies in Germany have a special code you can use to disable voicemail. I LOVE IT.

T-6005
06-17-2006, 10:31 AM
I don't like phones.

Betty
06-17-2006, 11:59 AM
Oh my god... I have been calling so many places recently for service or tech support or whatever...

Tech support, gah!

The bank!

The Internet company regarding fucking me over on my billing!

Please, shoot me now.

First, you spend 5-10 minutes furiously pounding numbers to try and get to speak to a representative. "For service in English, press 1" "Please enter your phone number and press pound" "Are you calling about..." Even WORSE are the voice activated ones. "Is your call regarding wireless or cable?" "RE-PRE-SEN-TA-TIVE!" "I did not hear your selection... is your call regarding...?" Oh boy. Then you wait 10-15 minutes on hold with lovely music in the background. Then you speak to the person who half the time has no idea what's going on...

Luckily I think I'm almost done dealing with most of this stuff... the life is getting back into order...

Endymion
06-17-2006, 12:04 PM
just press zero a few times and you end up with an operator, they'll forward you to who you need to talk to usually.

Betty
06-17-2006, 12:09 PM
Yeah, I've heard that a million times. I should have added a disclaimer "don't mention the thing about the zero."

Endymion
06-17-2006, 12:13 PM
it works, honeybunch.

HornyPope
06-17-2006, 03:43 PM
I saw a chart once on how to reach an agent in all the major phone operatives in North America. For some you need like to select 3 sub categories before they'd let you talk to someone.

And I hate voice mails too. But ours aren't enabled automaticly on a phone. In fact, it's a service you have to pay for every month so most people just don't suscribe to it, including miss. I usualy just call back the # if I have a missed call.

Sunny
06-17-2006, 05:43 PM
i hate that too. i just want to leave a fucking MESSAGE, god.

and then its like "when you're done, you may hang up or press 0 for delivery options".

omg h8!

i have voicemail enabled obviously though. it's quite useful.

sKratch
06-17-2006, 11:08 PM
My voicemail is "Think fast!" *beep*

Endymion
06-17-2006, 11:30 PM
my voicemale use to be this (http://www.csulb.edu/~rjames/Ryan's%20Answering%20Machine.mp3).

yes, voicemale.

Tizzalicious
06-17-2006, 11:34 PM
I disabled mine once after a trip to Turkey, because when you receive messages overseas, you have to pay for them (not sure if that's the same everywhere?), anyway, my mom (havign a Bella moment?) called me, and left a 10 minute message, where all I heard was her talking to my aunt, because she didn't realise it was my voicemail. Grrrr. The only way to disable it was call the call centre though, and that's the only way to enable it again too. And I'm lazy, so I didn't.

Betty
06-18-2006, 12:23 AM
my voicemale use to be this (http://www.csulb.edu/~rjames/Ryan's%20Answering%20Machine.mp3).

yes, voicemale.

A classic.

My sister and I sang that together once on our home machine. I think we must've done about 25 takes to get it right.