PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet...UK'rs help! plz!

Italia311
06-17-2006, 08:34 PM
So, I am trying to book an Easyjet flight from Rome to London but I do not know what airport is the main one in London. I get Heathrow, and Gatwick, but what is the main one. Know what I mean?

Also, if it does not matter, how far is Heathrow from Gatwick...Im assuming a train connects them..no?

Has anyone done this? When Im in Italy, I never leave and go other places..But I am planning on being brave this summer :P

Tizzalicious
06-17-2006, 10:08 PM
Heathrow is the main city one, but it doesn't really matter which one you fly to, you can take a coach from all of them to the city centre (I take it that's where you wanna go? Or do you really wanna end up on Heathrow? I don't know how long that takes fromt he other airports, I doubt that's very long though.).

Lars
06-18-2006, 02:12 AM
There is no direct connection between Heathrow and Gatwick.

Heathrow is serviced by the Piccadilly line underground service, so you can grab that into central london (be prepared to take anywhere from 30mins to an hour, I can't remember how long it takes.) Gatwick is serviced by trains to Central London and is the second largest London airport. Both have an 'express' train service that goes to different statsions in London but if you ask me its a waste of money as the train/underground fair will cost half that I believe.

Italia311
06-18-2006, 07:48 AM
Alright thanks alot. Both replies were very helpful. As long as I can get to city centre and get to different airports. I wasn't sure if they had that. Thanks.

H1T_That
06-18-2006, 07:51 AM
Stanstead is pretty close to the city centre too, if that helps.

Italia311
06-18-2006, 08:03 AM
For the day I want to go, I do not get the option for that airport...thanks though

JoY
06-18-2006, 08:06 AM
there's no one who knows more about easyjet & flights to England than Tizzster, I'm sure. well, not on here & an exception might confirm this statement.

Tizzalicious
06-18-2006, 08:12 AM
there's no one who knows more about easyjet & flights to England than Tizzster, I'm sure. well, not on here & an exception might confirm this statement.

Teehee, true. I used to fly to Luton to Stansted though.

Oh by the way Italia331, did you check RyanAir? Not sure if they fly to Italy, but they might be cheaper.

Italia311
06-18-2006, 08:19 AM
Ryanair...no I have not. Thanks I will check it. Easyjet seems pretty cheap, but I need to find the right time to leave and stuff. Also, I might wanna just leave from England and go back to Canada, instead of going back to Italia and then back to Canada...cheaper and shorter...

Tizzalicious
06-18-2006, 08:20 AM
RyanAir works a little different, they are cheap by booking periods or something, so if you book a while in advance, you have a big chance of finding a cheap flight.

Nina
06-18-2006, 08:21 AM
I watched a documentary about cheap airlines today. Ryanair is amazing if you book a lot in advance, like Tizz said. Easyjet can be very expensive compared to that.

Italia311
06-18-2006, 08:25 AM
WOah! Ok I didnt find a cheaper flight but in a sense its cheaper, I'll explain. I was going to leave from ROme, which 1.45hrs away, but, RyanAir Can get me a flight to and From Pescara Airport to London for the same price, but...that airport (in Pescara) is 30 minutes away. Nice. Couldnt get that airport with easyjet. Which is the airport I always go to anyways. Its always more expensive to get to PEscara then Rome...but in this way, its cheaper.

Thanks!

Tizzalicious
06-18-2006, 08:31 AM
That was really confusing. But you're welcome.

Athom
06-18-2006, 08:35 AM
I watched a documentary about cheap airlines today. Ryanair is amazing if you book a lot in advance, like Tizz said. Easyjet can be very expensive compared to that.

In England there’s this TV programme, I think it’s called Dispatches, where they basically go undercover and investigate companies etc.

Well, a few months ago they did a special on Ryanair and found out a load of bad stuff about it, like how a lot of the staff are forced overtime hours, and as a result fall asleep on the plane when there meant to be working.

Tizzalicious
06-18-2006, 08:37 AM
In England there’s this TV programme, I think it’s called Dispatches, where they basically go undercover and investigate companies etc.

Well, a few months ago they did a special on Ryanair and found out a load of bad stuff about it, like how a lot of the staff are forced overtime hours, and as a result fall asleep on the plane when there meant to be working.

Oh who cares? As long as it's not the pilot.

Lars
06-18-2006, 08:37 AM
If you're going to Luton there's a short (free) bus journey from the airport to the train station.

Nina
06-18-2006, 08:46 AM

Actually, I saw the exact opposite today. Airlines like AirBerlin (you wouldnt know) and Easyjet were worse in all aspects, while Ryanair was quite decent. The only "cheap" airlines that beat them had flights for 100€ and up. I guess that's not really compareable.

Athom
06-18-2006, 08:47 AM
Oh who cares? As long as it's not the pilot.

True, yeah that would be pretty bad! But if something goes wrong on the plane and they’re the only ones who know the safety procedures you wouldn’t want them half-asleep.

They found out worse stuff, like when a baby was sick on a seat they where on such a tight schedule they didn't really have enough time to clean it up so just sprayed it with deodorant :/ I can't really remember the programme because it was a while ago, but it was quite nasty.