PDA

View Full Version : Yayz!

killer_queen
06-18-2006, 04:38 AM
Today, finally I took the exam for entering university. It was pretty bad but weirdly I don't give a fuck about it. I'm just happy that it's over.

Anyway, the point of making this thread is... Well, there's not a point. I'm feeling happy and I wanted to share it with you and I wish a big fat happiness like mine to all of you.

the_GoDdEsS
06-18-2006, 04:44 AM
Universities are lame.

Izie
06-18-2006, 04:44 AM
Today, finally I took the exam for entering university. It was pretty bad but weirdly I don't give a fuck about it. I'm just happy that it's over.

Anyway, the point of making this thread is... Well, there's not a point. I'm feeling happy and I wanted to share it with you and I wish a big fat happiness like mine to all of you.

I know the feeling. I love the feeling.

On a relatively unrelated note, I'm all happy and emo today. YAY ME. YAY YOU too!

Nina
06-18-2006, 04:47 AM
Congrats!! I know how it feels like to have such an exam behind you. I hope it's not as bad as you think it is.

Tizzalicious
06-18-2006, 04:48 AM
It's a good feeling indeed. I hope you got in :)

the_GoDdEsS
06-18-2006, 04:49 AM
Relieving, maybe. But even more so after results. What did you apply for?

killer_queen
06-18-2006, 04:51 AM
Universities are lame.
That's what I'm afraid of. University students in Turkey are like the tru punx on the BBS. They always talk about true rock, metal and punk songs and how important music is for them. I hate the thought of living with them for 4 years. :(

On a relatively unrelated note, I'm all happy and emo today. YAY ME. YAY YOU too!
Yay! This is so... YAY!

Tizzalicious
06-18-2006, 04:53 AM
That's what I'm afraid of. University students in Turkey are like the tru punx on the BBS. They always talk about true rock, metal and punk songs and how important music is for them. I hate the thought of living with them for 4 years. :(

Oh man, I hate "would you rather be blind or deaf?" "Blind, definitely! I couldn't live without my music!" - type people.

killer_queen
06-18-2006, 04:54 AM
Thanks Tizz and Nina. I love how this thread is full of girls.

Sim, we have a weird and stupid system. We apply after getting results.

Izie
06-18-2006, 05:01 AM
So, if you know the results... Did you get in?

Tizzalicious
06-18-2006, 05:02 AM
I think you need to take a test, then get results, then see what you can apply for?

killer_queen
06-18-2006, 05:04 AM
No, I'll be able to know them in July. Tizz is right. That's why I don't feel completely relaxed.

Izie
06-18-2006, 05:06 AM
Blah, that sucks :/

Betty
06-18-2006, 11:26 AM
I love socializing with academics. Or at the very least, people in my program are really great. I realize it's not the same anymore hanging out with the people from back home.

Vera
06-18-2006, 11:32 AM
I took an exam like that last Friday. Answered three questions, none of them well. Sooooo not gonna get in.

I actually considered independently applying for foreign Uni's next year. Sick of this Finnish free education must put in effort to get in shit. Sunny managed it. I do't know. Something to consider.

And considering no girl virgin in Istanbul, maybe there are more than one reasons to study in Turkey.

And omg, Turkish unis = tru pnux? HOT.

killer_queen
06-18-2006, 11:39 AM
Sanni, that would be GREAT. I can share my house and bed with you as long as you let me bring new & hot people to join us.

Betty, that IUPAC system... I can't understand why I have to learn that. It has nothing to do with chemistry, right? I thought I was good at chemistry and wanted to study it at uni but now I can't decide what to do.

Vera
06-18-2006, 11:40 AM
Okay, okay, you threesome freak. ;)

Endymion
06-18-2006, 11:43 AM
you do need to know the iupac nomenclature. otherwise papers would be a mix & match bag of made up words and particularly between europe & the US things could get fucked up. having a common language base helps everyone.

Betty
06-18-2006, 12:54 PM
Yeah, it's just a common naming system, which is a necessity albeit a pain in the ass. I am personally terrible at nomenclature because my long term memory sucks and I always end up forgetting how it works a few months or years down the road, and I'm getting along fine enough. I just put heavy emphasis on pictures of structures and look them up or sit down and work them out everytime I actually need to write or say the proper word, which isn't too often.

For example, one of my recently submitted and just accepted papers is:

"A BF3-mediated nitrogen-to-carbon rearrangement of N- protected 2,3-dihydro-3-hydroxy-1H-benzisoindol-1-ones, and its interception for a facile preparation of 3-substituted benzisoindolones"

Man, I don't even understand the title. When my boss gave it to me to proofread, I was pretty intimidated, until I saw the pictures and just realized that we called them "naphthalimides" which is the much more simple common name.

Anyway, there may be various deterrents, but don't let that be one.

Sin Studly
06-18-2006, 02:29 PM
Universities are lame.

All I have to say.

Gulsah, good luck. Don't turn into one of... them.

JoY
06-19-2006, 05:13 AM
oh, that's awesome! congratulations, or something, or not yet? pretty relieving & exciting at the same time, I'd say, but you don't seem to fuss over it very much, so I won't either.

& all this threesome talk makes me all "ooooo". in a good way. ;p

killer_queen
06-19-2006, 05:27 AM
It's pretty early to say congrats but thanks anyway.

killer_queen
07-18-2006, 11:49 AM
Hello.
Yeah, maybe you don't care but I just wanted to say, I couldn't get in so I'll wait & study for a whole year again. Apparently I'm not that good at physics. Anyway, I'm sad and I need to whine about it. That's all.

the_GoDdEsS
07-18-2006, 12:26 PM
Physics?? And your uni has nothing to do with physics, right? Just the grades? How gay.

Rocky-girl
07-18-2006, 12:29 PM
Gulsah, there is nothing bad in studiing whole year! Sometimes I wish to have one year rest! I'm very glad for you!!! And I know you'll enter uni the next year))), and I'm sure that you know phisics better them me, because I don't know it at all!

And for Simona, I think that university must be more interesting then school! It'll be harder, but I think more interesting.

the_GoDdEsS
07-18-2006, 12:32 PM
And for Simona, I think that university must be more interesting then school! It'll be harder, but I think more interesting.

That is what everyone assumes because they pick it as something they want to study in depth. And it usually ends in great disappointment. The only good thing university ever, ever gave me is the degree which makes me hope for a better job or a better future. Everything about it was useless. I really hope it will be good for you. I do.

killer_queen
07-18-2006, 12:38 PM
Physics?? And your uni has nothing to do with physics, right? Just the grades? How gay.
Yeah, I can't study medicine because I'm bad at physics. I love living in Turkey!

Tanya, it's not that bad, you're right. I won't waste this year. I'm gonna learn a new language, German I guess. And have cello lessons. It's gonna be more fun and more productive than this year.

the_GoDdEsS
07-18-2006, 12:39 PM
It's just retarded. I hate school systems.

Rocky-girl
07-18-2006, 12:54 PM
German, awwwwwwww! I want to learn it, very much!!! I envy you)) Yes Simona, I see your point, that's the worst, but I think that if I won't like my profession I'll get the second education. And I think that everybody need a little break, and I think that it's very good for you to have it, and anyway you know what is an exam in uni, and I think that it'll be easier for you to enter it next year!

Sunny
07-18-2006, 12:59 PM
i'm sorry gulsah :[ but then again, you have a whole year to do whatever you wanna do and prepare better and all that. :]

i find it so so stupid that you have to take a physics exam to study medicine.. but that might be just me.

personally, i've found college to be a lot more interesting/fun than high school and all that crap. i have a feeling i'm actually learning something useful. and the teachers aren't dim-witted dumbfucks.

no_way
07-18-2006, 01:14 PM
I just bump this so that the stupid threads of "New!!!!!!!!etc" of that spammer go away sooner :)

the_GoDdEsS
07-18-2006, 01:18 PM
They will not go away. They will be deleted.

no_way
07-18-2006, 01:18 PM
They will not go away. They will be deleted.
When? (10 characterssssssss

killer_queen
07-18-2006, 01:20 PM
Thanks Sunny. <3 You're not the only one who finds it stupid. One million people agree with you here.

no_way, you are spamming to stop the spamming. You don't need to prove your idiocy with your every post.

Nina
07-18-2006, 02:56 PM
I am really, really sorry, seriously. I can relate to it. I would study medicine but I fear that I wouldnt be good enough in physics, either.

And...it's not very uncommon that you have to be good in physics to study medicine. I have no idea how things are dealed with abroad but in Germany you have physics classes while studying medicine. You need physics to understand certain things. So it's not all that stupid after all :/

But it shouldnt be the reason why you fail to enter Uni. Because at the end it's not the most important thing about medicine :/

Mota Boy
07-18-2006, 10:49 PM
Uni is a helluva lot of fun. And, no matter how dense many of the other students there are, you'll always find a few interesting people like yourself.

Taking a year off bites. There's no getting around that - you would've been happier to get into college than not, but that's no reason that it has to be a bad experience. Every setback is also an opportunity. Just make sure that you're always doing something. Relaxing is nice, but it gets old before the week is out. Read everything you can, find a way to make studying interesting, if possible, get an interesting job, teach yourself some skills. Keep an active life so that you're getting as much out of the year as possible, because free time on the scale of a year is precious commodity that is all-too-often overlooked in favor of the instant gratification of inactivity. One solid benefit is that you'll be more prepared for univesity next year than most others, both in terms of studying (assuming you did it right) and in terms of really wanting to study, because you'll be rested from incessant schooling and you'll really want the opportunity of education.

Tizzalicious
07-18-2006, 11:39 PM
Aww I'm sorry you didn't get in! Are you gonna work this year or something? Good luck next year!

Llamas
07-18-2006, 11:43 PM
heh.. I can relate... I was in the college of biological sciences for like 3 years... then calculus and chemistry started to fuck me up the ass.

So I changed my major to german.