PDA

View Full Version : Happy birthday to a musical legend

Thomas
06-18-2006, 10:56 AM
Yes, today is the 64th birthday of Paul McCartney. If you realize the significance of this birthday, I probably love you. I just felt like this was important enough for a thread. Buh bye.

nieh
06-18-2006, 11:52 AM
Paraventure I'm amazed. I thought he would be a couple years older than that.

killer_queen
06-18-2006, 12:52 PM
I hate McCartney. He and John Lennon were shameless attention whores. George Harrison was the real talent of The Beatles, he wrote the greatest songs.

Or I'm just a whining idiot, don't listen to me.

Andy
06-18-2006, 01:48 PM
How ironic that now he's not with Heather, he has nobody to need him, or feed him now that he's 64.

0r4ng3
06-18-2006, 01:56 PM
And that happened like, what, two weeks ago?

Ironic, indeed.

All About Eve
06-18-2006, 03:39 PM
talent of The Beatles.
Wrong .

Thomas
06-18-2006, 04:08 PM
Wrong .

I agree. Paul was definitely the most talented Beatle.

Rag Doll
06-18-2006, 04:28 PM
How ironic that now he's not with Heather, he has nobody to need him, or feed him now that he's 64.

oh Andy, I completely and utterly adore you. <3

Jakebert
06-18-2006, 04:41 PM

I hate you for beating me to it.

Ninty Man
06-18-2006, 09:37 PM
I hate McCartney. He and John Lennon were shameless attention whores. George Harrison was the real talent of The Beatles, he wrote the greatest songs.

Or I'm just a whining idiot, don't listen to me.

Maybe If Lennon wasn't killed, he'll be the second one

All About Eve
06-19-2006, 12:42 AM
I agree. Paul was definitely the most talented Beatle.
I meant that there was no talent as a whole band.

Thomas
06-19-2006, 09:30 AM
I meant that there was no talent as a whole band.

I'll admit that they weren't too great on their instruments, but that's not what they were about. They wrote incredible lyrics, has awesome vocals (mostly Paul), and they had such musical variety, originality, and basically how much they did with their music, especially in their later albums. Songs like Within You Without You, Come Together, A Day in the Life, Norweigian Wood (sp?), Eleanor Rigby, and She's Leaving Home all had great musical aspects that wouldn't be expected from a band.

Corpse
06-19-2006, 09:31 AM
I think that Imagine by John Lennon was better than any of the songs he did with the Beatles, (possible exception is Hey Jude, but that was Paul McCartney anywas).

All About Eve
06-19-2006, 10:02 AM
I'll admit that they weren't too great on their instruments, but that's not what they were about. They wrote incredible lyrics, has awesome vocals (mostly Paul), and they had such musical variety, originality, and basically how much they did with their music, especially in their later albums. Songs like Within You Without You, Come Together, A Day in the Life, Norweigian Wood (sp?), Eleanor Rigby, and She's Leaving Home all had great musical aspects that wouldn't be expected from a band.
The point is, they're one of my least favorite bands ever.

Thomas
06-19-2006, 10:16 AM

*sigh*

Oh, alright. I can't do anything about that...

killer_queen
06-19-2006, 10:18 AM
What about In My Life? You should have mentioned it first.

Thomas
06-19-2006, 10:25 AM
What about In My Life? You should have mentioned it first.

Sorry. There are man more Beatles songs that deserved to be mentioned, but I am tired and not thinking straight so that is all I could come up with. =P

0r4ng3
06-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Wait, people are allowed to say that? I've been avoiding it since forever.

The meaning of life
06-19-2006, 01:53 PM
The beatles was good but i think they just arrive in the right moment