PDA

View Full Version : Foo Fighters

Never Gonna Find Me
06-19-2006, 04:14 AM
I just saw them in Manchester and they were pretty damn good.
The support bands weren't too bad [except Tom Delonge going on about crap like he's going to rule the planet and we're going to be his servants....]
But it was really amazing. Foo's played a really short set though only an hour and a quater. The songs were all great - except I was quite disappointed with Monkey Wrench.
But I do suggest going to see them. :D
Anyone else seen them?

Andy
06-19-2006, 06:19 AM
I saw them at the Birmingham NEC a couple of years back when they were promoting One By One. I can't remember much about it, but what I do remember was that it was a pretty awesome show (as expected from the Foos).

offspring fan
06-19-2006, 07:47 AM
i saw them last summer on the quart festival, and that was the best show i have ever been on.

Ocupation: Offspring
06-19-2006, 07:50 AM
I havnt seen them live but there one of my FAVORITE bands. My favorite songs are, All My Life, DOA, Halo, The Best Of You, and Times Like These! Speking of them who else has there newest alubm "In Your Honor"?

nieh
06-19-2006, 08:01 AM
I havnt seen them live but there one of my FAVORITE bands. My favorite songs are, All My Life, DOA, Halo, The Best Of You, and Times Like These! Speking of them who else has there newest alubm "In Your Honor"?

Have you heard anything by them that wasn't on their last two albums?

XYlophonetreeZ
06-19-2006, 09:15 AM
They're a really good live band. I saw them way back in 2000 opening for the Chili Peppers, shortly after There is Nothing Left to Lose and Californication came out.

dexterandnoodles
06-19-2006, 10:10 AM
i like the song "the best of you"

Jakebert
06-19-2006, 10:13 AM
I saw them with Weezer in October. Honestly, I thought that they kind of sucked. The setlist was predictable and I don't think they played one song that isn't a single. Plus, Dave really, really needs to just shut up sometimes. He talked way too much.

Yatesy
06-19-2006, 03:25 PM
I saw them back in December last year (last time they played in Manchester) they were amazing and put on a sweet show. The opening 2 songs In Your Honour & No Way Back was the best way to start the concert off and they had all the classics however I wish they played Aurora. Dave Grohl did talk alot but it really got the crowd going.

06-19-2006, 03:47 PM
Have you heard anything by them that wasn't on their last two albums?
Honestly no i havent and if a had then i dont know about it

Mr. Noodles
06-19-2006, 03:51 PM
Honestly no i havent and if a had then i dont know about it
Me neither. Except for Monkey Wrench. That's a good song. What album was Learn to Fly on?

Retard
06-19-2006, 08:39 PM
theyre playing an acoustic set at the Wang center in boston, but tickets are expensive and i still need Warped tickets and i just bought rancid tickets (BOTH DAYS)

i coulve seen them with weezer but my friends were seein my chemical romance i was pissed.

but yeah theyre an amazing band, my two favorite albums are There is Nothing Left To Lose, and In Your Honor.

Learn To Fly is on There Is Nothing Else To Lose. get it as soon as possible. :D

Never Gonna Find Me
06-20-2006, 10:51 AM
I love See You and Enough Space. I think they're great songs. I'd say they were the 3rd best band I've seen live. And Dave got on the drums. =]

Athom
06-20-2006, 11:54 AM
I haven't seen them live, but that gig they did a few weeks ago at Hyde Park sounded great, it was like a mini festival. They even had Queens of the Stone Age supporting.

ignition991
06-20-2006, 12:46 PM
They should play stuff from the first album, do they play "Big me"
and "I'll stick around" live anymore?

Never Gonna Find Me
06-20-2006, 12:56 PM
I haven't seen them live, but that gig they did a few weeks ago at Hyde Park sounded great, it was like a mini festival. They even had Queens of the Stone Age supporting.And Motorhead. They also got some members of Queen on stage.

Nina
06-21-2006, 07:51 AM
I cant get into them no matter how hard I try.
Guess it just isnt my music.

06-21-2006, 09:10 AM
I cant get into them no matter how hard I try.
Guess it just isnt my music.
That sux, i love them! You should just get to try to know the band then you you might understand them.

Lars
06-21-2006, 09:20 AM
My Foo Fighters live experince consists of whatever I heard whilst in the backstage/loading area of the lock up stage at Reading last year. Also whatever amount of time it took to walk from there through the guest/vip/food area to the train station.

They did what they do well from the brief time I saw that, but you should really come to expect that from a band headlining.

I didn't buy the last album they put out and can't really remember anything off the previous one either.

ofsmurfsandpixies
06-21-2006, 09:38 AM
I went to that gig! the strokes sound was a bit screwed up and the singer for ewagles of death metal was such a redneck

Atrium
06-21-2006, 11:36 AM
I was there and the foo fighters were fucking good, all my life was amazin live. Thought the other bands were alright accept the strokes bored the hell outta me after a while, after juicebox it went down hill. Angels and airwaves kicked ass along with the subways (lead vocalist diving into drum set, legend). Eagles of death metal, couldnt hear a fuckin word from the lead vocals. Overall it was pretty damn good!

Never Gonna Find Me
06-21-2006, 01:06 PM
I was there and the foo fighters were fucking good, all my life was amazin live. Thought the other bands were alright accept the strokes bored the hell outta me after a while, after juicebox it went down hill. Angels and airwaves kicked ass along with the subways (lead vocalist diving into drum set, legend). Eagles of death metal, couldnt hear a fuckin word from the lead vocals. Overall it was pretty damn good!Oh I could hear everything from Eagles Of Death Metal. But I was like in the second row. :cool:

Atrium
06-21-2006, 03:15 PM
nice 1, loads of ppl throwin cups of water, funny as fuck

Dmarques
06-21-2006, 03:52 PM
The last album is not the "real" Foo fighters... very different songs without that energy.

nameless
06-21-2006, 04:00 PM
i was at the hyde park gig, the only dissapointment was the sound of the supporting bands! lemmy did comment on it at one point but nothing got done!

nieh
06-21-2006, 04:29 PM
That sux, i love them! You should just get to try to know the band then you you might understand them.

This is one of the dumbest things I've heard in a long time. First off, it's impossible NOT to know the band. Thile they're not the biggest band of all times, they're still nearly everywhere and have been for quite some time. Everyone knows stuff about the band and everyone knows at least a few songs. Secondly, THEY'RE A POP BAND. There's nothing to understand about them. You either like the way they sound or you don't.

Nina
06-22-2006, 01:56 AM
Hahahahahahaha
That was great!!!

Atrium
06-22-2006, 04:34 AM
pop band, so your sayin the foo fighters are like mcfly or some other band like that?

Iddy
06-22-2006, 04:45 AM
Pop = popular. Easy to digest.

I don't see what the big fuss is about FF; they never really got me

Harnum
06-22-2006, 12:37 PM
i have in your honor. = greatness. i loved it. i also liked the color and the shape my hero was my favorite.

Yatesy
06-22-2006, 02:31 PM
Eagles of Death Metal were awesome when i saw them supporting Foos in December. The last 2 albums are not the greatest things they've done. The best album they did was the s/t album, that's a great album.