PDA

View Full Version : Martin Luther King, Jr.

Brines
06-19-2006, 08:23 AM
He's such an amazing speaker. Has anybody ever listened to "I've Been To The Mountaintop"? It's something like 25 minutes long, but I'd definitely recommend downloading and listening to it.

Corpse
06-19-2006, 08:24 AM
The only speech I have heard properly of his is the infamous 'I had a dream'. He was probably the key man for the civil rights movement in my opinion.

Brines
06-19-2006, 10:09 AM
I've heard "I Have A Dream" way too many times, and it has just become a cliche by now. His Mountaintop speech is much more solid, IMO. Most people have only heard the closing minutes of "I Have A Dream" anyway, which is a shame.

Oh, and infamous: "Having an exceedingly bad reputation; notorious."

Sin Studly
06-19-2006, 12:27 PM
I know of a better public speaker.

JohnnyNemesis
06-19-2006, 05:38 PM
Malcolm X > MLK. But yeah, MLK deserves props.

Sin Studly
06-19-2006, 06:17 PM
I know of a better public speaker than him, too.

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-19-2006, 06:38 PM
Hitler was the best public speaker. Bar none.

ninthlayer
06-19-2006, 06:46 PM
And now, the cutest photograph ever:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b46/penguinfites/bestphotographever.jpg

Brines
06-19-2006, 09:11 PM
Yeah, Hitler gets some recognition from me, too, I guess. I don't know about Malcolm X. I downloaded one of his speaches and listened to a few minutes, but it didn't exactly blow me away like MLK's. I did read a book about Malcolm X and enjoyed it.

Sin Studly
06-19-2006, 11:56 PM
It's not even that Hitler is the best. It's that the second-best comes nowhere close. It's that even with hindsight of the Holocaust and all that shit, you can't help but watch a Hitler-speech and think 'fuck yeah, he's right', no matter what your political beliefs are or how much you hate Hitler. It's that you German pride listening to Hitler and have to consciously remind yourself that you're not even German. It's that Hitler was without doubt the greatest public speaker in recorded history, and probably always will be.

Martin Luther King was good and all. But good looks like something you scraped off your shoe when compared to Hitler.

Retard
06-20-2006, 09:21 AM
thats why hitler had so many people behind him from day one.

and i dont know what speech it was but i heard an MLK speech the radio on MLK day. it was really good. just wish i rememebered something from it.