PDA

View Full Version : George Bush is one of the greates American Presidents of all time.

Fifty-Four Forty or Fight
06-21-2006, 02:22 PM
What do you think?

Mr. Orange
06-21-2006, 02:26 PM
LMFAO!

You're fucking joking right?

Fifty-Four Forty or Fight
06-21-2006, 02:33 PM
........HELL no.

Atrium
06-21-2006, 03:46 PM
georgy boy is a complete fuckin retard, soz for statin the obvious ppl

Iddy
06-21-2006, 03:52 PM
I don't think GWB is a good president. But the question was about 'greatness'. If you look at this from a purely political point of view, he is pretty 'great': he had plans and saw them through.

0r4ng3
06-21-2006, 03:59 PM
he had plans and saw them through.
Good point. The war ended fairly quickly, didn't it?

coke_a_holic
06-21-2006, 04:06 PM
I dunno, I don't think he's achieved Nixon-style greatness yet.

Rocky-girl
06-21-2006, 04:08 PM
I'll change The greatest on the funniest and then agree.

Iddy
06-21-2006, 04:12 PM

okay, so 'saw them through' was not the right thing to say. But he was determined to start the war in the first place.

Anyway, I can't stand the guy

self-esteem771
06-21-2006, 05:41 PM
yeah & gas prices are up cuz of him

H1T_That
06-21-2006, 05:51 PM
it really amuses me when idiots attempt to discuss things of importance.

Iddy
06-21-2006, 06:13 PM
it really amuses me when idiots attempt to discuss things of importance.

Call me egotistical, but i'm assuming i'm not included in that.

Revolver-2005?
06-21-2006, 06:14 PM
If being President means giving the American people so many reasons to dislike you and so many reasons to think you're an idiot, then yes he is the greatest American President. Otherwise no.

coke_a_holic
06-21-2006, 06:17 PM
No they aren't, they're up because of the oil companies.

The fat epidemic is Bush's fault.

leibstandarte109
06-21-2006, 06:19 PM
I dunno, I don't think he's achieved Nixon-style greatness yet.

Don't worry, he's working on it. ;)

Iraq, the economy, the Katrina fuckup, social security... the list goes on and on.

Granted, some of these things aren't his fault directly, but it's still his administration.

Sin Studly
06-22-2006, 06:18 AM
Who mentioned GWB?

H1T_That
06-22-2006, 06:22 AM
Call me egotistical, but i'm assuming i'm not included in that.

no, neither was coke_a_holic.

SaiKYoU
06-22-2006, 07:26 AM
a president usually does bad things in 4 years of government, Bush did a lot of bad things in 4 years...
a president usually does more bad things in the next 4 years if re-elected, Bush impoved his own record...

Mota Boy
06-22-2006, 08:05 AM
I don't think GWB is a good president. But the question was about 'greatness'. If you look at this from a purely political point of view, he is pretty 'great': he had plans and saw them through.
He didn't have plans. He had a vision - a vision of Saddam removed from power, and, to an extent, a beachhead of democracy in the Middle East. However, he had no plans for bringing that about, assuming instead that since his cause was just, life would just work out right. And what else has he done besides invading Iraq?

Granted, Afghanistan is doing pretty well. I'll give him some credit for that, but that was partly because it was a joint, international effort with plenty of big donors reaching deep to rebuild. Any leader in power would have invaded Afghanistan, and perhaps others would've done it in a way that would've allowed us to capture the guy we were goin' after.

His handling of the economy is unbe-fucking-lievably asinine in its short-sightedness and ultimate ineffectiveness. Reagan's men in office tried to cut taxes in order to force Congress to cut spending, and made up some bullshit about "trickle-down" economics. Well, Congress didn't cut spending. And now, a generaton later, members of the Republican party apparently weren't in on the big joke, turning out economy into a time bomb which is already weakening the dollar's position in the global marketplace.

His "Bush Doctrine" of pre-emptive war is outrageous in it's sheer stupidity and his legacy of shredding civil liberties should have Americans hanging their head in shame.

Bush has a "vision" and he's seen it through, but it's totally misguided, based on an inaccurate worldview that centers around Bush, and America, being guided by the old-testament version of God. He's in lala land and leads an administration more concerned with strengthening its own power and the power of its party at the expense of the country in general. It's a fucking disgrace, and anyone that supports Bush in the least at this point has to be so completely deluded that they'd shove their heads in a kiln if he announced God made Americans impervious to fire.

Of course, the person who started this topic, assuming they're serious, can't be criticized too much. They're probably fourteen or less and are still at the point where they haven't actually begun using logic on their own, but merely regurgitate talking points. Granted, some people never grow out of that stage, but I'm guessing Sean Hannity isn't a big Offspring fan.

Sin Studly
06-22-2006, 10:39 AM
Who mentioned GWB?

I'm still waiting for an answer on this...

All About Eve
06-22-2006, 11:47 AM
leads an administration more concerned with strengthening its own power and the power of its party at the expense of the country in general.
Machiavelli principle, if I'm not mistaken; those in power want to keep power.

Sad thing is, he lived centuries ago and was describing (and even favored) dictatorships.

wheelchairman
06-22-2006, 11:54 AM
Have you read Machiavelli?

Sin Studly
06-22-2006, 12:40 PM
Sad thing is, he lived centuries ago and was describing (and even favored) dictatorships.

You'd be smart enough to favour dictatorships too if you lived under the fucking Borgias.

All About Eve
06-22-2006, 02:15 PM
Have you read Machiavelli?
We read a little of The Prince in class, but mostly just studied his views. Ends justify the means and all that.

wheelchairman
06-22-2006, 02:16 PM
You should read his works. The summaries of his views are usually done by people who subscribe to his views and implement them into what they write, so to speak.

Sin Studly
06-22-2006, 03:37 PM
And read them in context. Machiavelli was nothing. Basically he was just a guy who wrote books saying "Y'know, everything the ruling class is doing is A-okay!" in a vain attempt to arselick them enough to lift his exile. Every view he's penned is simply common sense. I read Machiavelli expecting to be blown away with his evilness and duplicity, instead I found nothing but advice that makes you go "well..... duh".

Machiavelli's general advice is nothing ; it's common sense for anybody with half a brain, and his specified advice is no more relevent today than the works of Sun Tzu. Nobody fucking cares which Italian city-state they should send tribute to, nobody fucking cares how many pieces of silver it costs to outfit a chariot unit in ancient China. Machiavelli is worthless.

farfromahero12
06-22-2006, 04:04 PM
Hooray for profiteering and securing the United States' oil interests! :|

HornyPope
06-22-2006, 05:05 PM
In all fairness, Machiavelli did break down the structure of power pretty elaborately for his day. It's easy to down-credit it today but hindsight is 20/20.

Ninty Man
06-22-2006, 05:44 PM
Machiavelli it's great... his vision was proper for his time

farfromahero12
06-22-2006, 06:30 PM
In all fairness, Machiavelli did break down the structure of power pretty elaborately for his day. It's easy to down-credit it today but hindsight is 20/20.
That's true, but using his ideas in modern context is awfully silly.

Mota Boy
06-22-2006, 08:55 PM
Machiavelli's general advice is nothing ; it's common sense for anybody with half a brain, and his specified advice is no more relevent today than the works of Sun Tzu.
It's considered obvious today because it became the foundation of our modern concept of power and statemanship. In its time, his book was groundbreaking because it overturned centuries of thought on political philosophy that traced its root back to Plato and Aristotle.

And I'm assuming whomever started this thread was talkin' 'bout Dubya. Even Republicans think Bush41 was mediocre at best.

Sin Studly
06-22-2006, 09:17 PM
... groundbreaking? He didn't say a single thing that the ruling classes weren't already doing. It was basically moral justification for the shit they were already doing in a blatant arselicking attempt to end his exile.

Mota Boy
06-22-2006, 10:54 PM
It definately was a reflection of the times, but the same power game had been in place for hundreds, if not thousands of years, but people were still teaching the same form of politics - namely Plato's. It wasn't just that Machiavelli was writing a how-to guide: he was establishing the underlying philosophy behind it. He was writing to explain exactly how fear worked, so that, knowing the justification for your actions, you could better target them. Anyone can run around grabbing power and being a world-class dick - that comes naturally. What Machiavelli did was say exactly why you should be a powermonger, so that in you can know how to apply the philosophy to specific situations.

All About Eve
06-22-2006, 11:22 PM
If I did read more into him, it'd be just for history purposes, as almost none of it applies today, except the basic ideas that would apply almost no matter what.

Sin Studly
06-23-2006, 09:52 AM
It definately was a reflection of the times, but the same power game had been in place for hundreds, if not thousands of years, but people were still teaching the same form of politics - namely Plato's. It wasn't just that Machiavelli was writing a how-to guide: he was establishing the underlying philosophy behind it. He was writing to explain exactly how fear worked, so that, knowing the justification for your actions, you could better target them. Anyone can run around grabbing power and being a world-class dick - that comes naturally. What Machiavelli did was say exactly why you should be a powermonger, so that in you can know how to apply the philosophy to specific situations.

Yeah, he was justifying it in a spineless cowardly way. "Hey guys, you're not really, y'know, 'evil' or anything. Can I please not be exiled now?"

I see nothing groundbreaking about that.

bouncingcoles
06-25-2006, 08:10 PM
politics are all just blood sucking assholes who only care about there own interests

noodlesfan
06-26-2006, 06:43 PM
even if you don't aggree that he was one of the worst, he couldn't be considered one of the best by ANY standard.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
07-17-2006, 10:19 AM
I thought this was pretty funny and interesting about Bush, but didn't deserve its own thread. So I decided to dump it here.

Mic Picks Up Bush Cursing (http://www.comcast.net/news/international/index.jsp?cat=INTERNATIONAL&fn=/2006/07/17/435824.html&cvqh=itn_bushcurse)

THE_Original_Pranksrer
08-15-2006, 05:03 PM
whio accually agreed with that? :confused:

Tigger Army
08-16-2006, 03:23 PM
... groundbreaking? He didn't say a single thing that the ruling classes weren't already doing. It was basically moral justification for the shit they were already doing in a blatant arselicking attempt to end his exile.

but isn't he probably the greatest president when it comes to that?

Mary 13
08-16-2006, 09:17 PM
:mad: Fuck the President of the United States of America. Mr. AntiBush can kiss my American/Mexican ass! He obviously is doing such a shitty ass job playing the role of Great President and not giving a flying fuck about THE PEOPLE or The WORLD. Personally, i dissagree on everything that man has said and done; coz i didn't voted for him and never/ever will. My point of view can be brutally cruel and honest what not--but c'mon dude lets all go on a mission from GOD and kill the President Ourselves.......... Join Force Now.............period!

p.s. Bash on ME all you want coz i won't Bash on YOU it be a waste of my Valueble Time :rolleyes:

noodlesfan
08-17-2006, 02:27 PM
not giving a flying fuck about THE PEOPLE or The WORLD.
It's not his job to care about the world.

Mary 13
08-17-2006, 05:50 PM

OK, his real job in the White House is to CARE about whats on the Menu for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. More POWER to ya Busy Bush!

noodlesfan
08-17-2006, 05:52 PM
OK, his real job in the White House is to CARE about whats on the Menu for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Busy Bush needs healthy HUMAN BRAINS to keep him up all nighter.
His job is to decide what's best for the his country, not other peoples'. I'm not even sure you can name one single policy that you don't agree with.

Mary 13
08-17-2006, 06:05 PM
His job is to decide what's best for the his country, not other peoples'. I'm not even sure you can name one single policy that you don't agree with.

Congratulations human being you obviously are 100% smater than me. :eek:

Now I feel like a total Dumb Donut on what one Policy to agree or disagree with. Ohh dear can't think of nor name atleast one :o

skaterpunke
08-17-2006, 07:28 PM
What do you think?
oh god NO, are u really a dumbass?

0r4ng3
08-17-2006, 07:29 PM
I know, right? He's so dumb, he can't understand sarcasm!

skaterpunke
08-17-2006, 07:30 PM
I know, right? He's so dumb, he can't understand sarcasm!
seems that way...

Bryan875
08-18-2006, 03:56 PM
i dont think he's one of the greatest, nor the worst, im completely sure that there ahve been many on either category that top him. now he's just a president, he only makes 1/3 'rd of the decisions to do things. so if you hate what he's done you must have to hate congress and the supreme court for letting him acheive those things. people always blame the president, when hes only partially at fault

noodlesfan
08-18-2006, 04:04 PM
Now I feel like a total Dumb Donut on what one Policy to agree or disagree with. Ohh dear can't think of nor name atleast one :o
You've still failed to give me one policy or decision.

Sheena-brfan
08-25-2006, 07:58 PM

It's not quite over yet...

RickyCrack
08-25-2006, 08:04 PM
It's been over for a few years now. Now it's no longer a war, it's an occupation. Stop learning your politix from punx songx

Sheena-brfan
08-25-2006, 08:07 PM
I learn my politics from BBC. And anyway, as long as they're still in there, its a war. I mean, it's not like they sighed a treaty or anything. I the news is on everyday about some new bomb or suicide bomber or masjid being blown up or soldiers dying in combat. Refugees are running, civilians are dying in cross fire, soldiers are still fighting and dying... Yep, that's sounds like war to me.

RickyCrack
08-25-2006, 08:14 PM
Wrong. Did we topple the old government? Are we in current control of the acting government? The war is over. Iraq is now American occupied. War involves actual invading.

In Israel and Northern Ireland suicide bombers are going off every day and citizens get shot in the street as well, but those countries are not at war.

calichix
08-27-2006, 08:56 AM
I think he's a cutie. <33

Whiplash
08-27-2006, 09:23 AM
George ''dubya'' Bush is a rocker at heart: Sunday Bloody Sunday (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfNAAAdLyH4)

Arran
09-01-2006, 02:57 PM
President Bush is a hero.
At least he was able to stand up for America.

Tigger Army
09-01-2006, 05:08 PM
And when exactly did he stand up for america? He could've done that before 9-11 aswell when the CIA informed him about the preparations for an airstrike.

Or did he stand up for them when he started to invade countries to find someone who they still didn't find there (Bin Laden).

Or did he stand up for america when he attacked a country that basically formed no threat what so ever to his own country (Iraq)?

thomda11
09-02-2006, 12:36 AM
just a quick question...who do you guys think was the greatest president?

Sin Studly
09-02-2006, 12:38 AM
just a quick question...who do you guys think was the greatest president?

President Milosevic.

thomda11
09-02-2006, 12:46 AM
American......

Tigger Army
09-02-2006, 06:55 AM
you didn't ask that. My guess would be Theodor Roosevelt, but I don't know too fucking much about all american presidents up to now.

Sin Studly
09-03-2006, 07:39 AM
The greatest American president was the one who murdered that guy. I forgot his name.

wheelchairman
09-03-2006, 07:58 AM
The greatest American president was the one who murdered that guy. I forgot his name.

Aaron Burr was only a vice President. But he was the coolest. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Burr#The_Duel)

RickyCrack
09-03-2006, 12:57 PM
http://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/minute/The_Caning_of_Senator_Charles_Sumner.htm

The caning of Charles Sumner was probably the coolest moment in American history.

coke_a_holic
09-03-2006, 07:22 PM
Aaron Burr was only a vice President. But he was the coolest. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Burr#The_Duel)

"Roll up to the theater. Ticket buying's what we're handling.
You can call us Aaron Burr from the way we're dropping Hamiltons."

Aaron Burr was the man.

Oh, and Mary 13 is fucking hilarious.

Llamas
09-03-2006, 08:29 PM

You idiot. In the world, Countries aren't seperate entities. Bush's biggest problem, in my opinion, is his lack of concern for the rest of the world. Clinton had decent international relations established. Not everyone loved us, but the world didn't HATE us. Bush didn't care about those relations, and fucked the UN. He pissed off so many nations... now most of the world hates us. Tell me again presidents of super-power nations don't have to care about the world.

noodlesfan
09-03-2006, 09:05 PM
Let me rephrase that then;

It's not his job to put other countries' well-being before that of his own.

Tigger Army
09-04-2006, 02:23 AM
Bush didn't care about those relations, and fucked the UN. He pissed off so many nations... now most of the world hates us. Tell me again presidents of super-power nations don't have to care about the world.

Well actually about fucking the UN... Bush's not exactly the first president to do that really. I doubt the GIGANTIC amount of financial contribution they're still behind is only Bush's work.

Sin Studly
09-04-2006, 05:02 AM
Okay then, America hasn't had a decent President ever.

petey
09-04-2006, 08:34 AM
i guess you can say that.

Jack the Tripper
09-04-2006, 10:24 AM
He's only the worst president ever.
Acually, the worst would probably be Richard Nixon.
Should I make a poll for this?

noodlesfan
09-04-2006, 11:24 AM
Why don't we just leave the complaining aside until Jeb Bush decides to run for president. Suspiciously, he's not running for governer again :rolleyes: .

Llamas
09-05-2006, 12:37 AM

Fact. Except Usyless Grant, the nation's leader who drank every single day, and was so fat and lazy he got physically stuck in his bathtub.

calichix
09-07-2006, 09:43 AM
I like Theodore Roosevelt because he did nice things for birds and shrubbery and whatnot. And cause he mediated the Russo-Jap war, which was nice of him. JFK too, because I want to rail him.

Sin Studly
09-07-2006, 10:08 AM
Japan still claims the Kurils :(

Mark_Bryan_420
09-08-2006, 12:08 PM
yeah & gas prices are up cuz of him I blame the oil companies! If we had hemp fuel www.hemp4fuel.com as well as corn,soybeans,wheat,barley and other fuel crops,we wouldn't have this problem! Besides oil prices HAVE gone down,AND Chevron has found more oil in the Gulf of Mexico,so THAT'S good news for now!

Mark_Bryan_420
09-08-2006, 12:13 PM
I'd have to choose Washington and most of Virginia's presidents as among the greatest. I wish we had another viable candidate! We're OVERDUE!:(

Bryan875
09-08-2006, 03:58 PM
i hate stupid topics like these, because no matter who became president, people would complain about something, its a never ending cycle. of the fact that we have never had a good president i have to this to say. 1) we vote on the in the first place, so its half our fault. 2) everyone has such differing views that we set up the President to fail. Now a president is human, he cant please everyone, and he does what he believes is right, so say shit all you want about every president who has AND ever will take office because i know there will always be people who complain like bitches. Now if you dont like how a president acts, you vote them out, or if you think you could do a better job, why dont you run and see ho much of a better job you can do.

Tigger Army
09-08-2006, 04:13 PM
Now if you dont like how a president acts, you vote them out, or if you think you could do a better job, why dont you run and see ho much of a better job you can do.

Now to a degree I see your point but:

How can a tiny group like this vote a president out?
How do you think someone from here can be voted into the white house even IF he/she would be better?

Rag Doll
09-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Fact. Except Usyless Grant...was so fat and lazy he got physically stuck in his bathtub.

I believe you're confusing him with former President Taft.

rlplaymaker
09-11-2006, 01:32 PM

you're a fucking moron.....thats not his fault

Bryan875
09-13-2006, 03:32 PM
Now to a degree I see your point but:

How can a tiny group like this vote a president out?
How do you think someone from here can be voted into the white house even IF he/she would be better?

and i see your point as well, i guess the point is that a small group like this is insignificant compared to the majority, and if you want to become president i suggest you go to college for politics and law. You also convince the general population that you would do well as president. Do not ask me how because some things you should just figure out yourself.

Tigger Army
09-13-2006, 11:59 PM
You also convince the general population that you would do well as president. Do not ask me how because some things you should just figure out yourself.

though ofcourse you could run as an independent theoretically, practically it's pretty much impossible to get voters that way. Therefor you're basically forced to join the democrats or the republicans to at least stand a chance to get elected. I think there would be loads of opponents between you and even being a (serious) candidate. Unless you have unlimited money recources and extremely brilliant ideas I suppose, but who has that?

Mark_Bryan_420
09-21-2006, 09:12 AM
and i see your point as well, i guess the point is that a small group like this is insignificant compared to the majority, and if you want to become president i suggest you go to college for politics and law. You also convince the general population that you would do well as president. Do not ask me how because some things you should just figure out yourself.
Very good point!

Mark_Bryan_420
09-21-2006, 09:17 AM
though ofcourse you could run as an independent theoretically, practically it's pretty much impossible to get voters that way. Therefor you're basically forced to join the democrats or the republicans to at least stand a chance to get elected. I think there would be loads of opponents between you and even being a (serious) candidate. Unless you have unlimited money recources and extremely brilliant ideas I suppose, but who has that?

I read a VERY interestin' article on (I believe,if I ain't mistaken) Andrew Johnson who didn't even know how to read and write until he was MARRIED! I know things are different now,but still for someone to even achieve that is itself remarkable! So basically it's more about what you know POLITICALLY than it is an education!

wheelchairman
09-21-2006, 11:39 AM
To become President today, you need the backing of the resources of either of the two parties, and you pretty much need to do what they say.

Not Ozymandias
09-21-2006, 12:09 PM
Civilisation has been going downhill ever since we stopped feeding Christians to lions.