PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Punk Rock!!!!

skudpuppet
06-22-2006, 03:55 AM
Hey every one. I'm trying to get my band a bigger audience. We are The SkudPuppetz from Glasgow, Scotland. We play fast, hard and pretty catchy tunes in the style of Rancid, offspring, the clash, etc. Been going for 2 years now and have played shows right across Scotland. If you wanna check us out, goto www.skudpuppetz.com for info on the band and some audio, or goto www.myspace.com/skudpuppetz1 for somemore audio and video and a more up-to-date gigs listing. If there is a gig near you, come along and check us out. We're better live than on CD.

Hope to see ya all there

Peace out

Johnno SkudPuppet

skudpuppet
06-23-2006, 05:10 AM
P.S tell us if you dont like it, and tell us why or tell us what you do like about it.

Cheers

Johnno

xx-Sammi-xx
06-23-2006, 12:11 PM
WOW Your band looks real RAD!
Luvv the webpages xx

II NOODLES II
06-23-2006, 01:27 PM
Yasss scottish punk. What part of scotland u from ??. Im from Glasgow. kewl songs btw

skudpuppet
06-24-2006, 04:55 AM
We're from glasgow too. Our next gig in glasgow just now is the 30th of july at rockers. This is a big one for us. We're playing with 4 past midnight, UK deathcharge, The Kimberly steaks and Noctophyle (they're from holland). Should be a great night of punk rock. Tickets are 3 quid and can be bought from any of the bands.

Cheers for the good feed back folks

Johnno

GregG
06-24-2006, 05:17 AM
Hey,

Pretty good music, It's like some kinda Tony Hawk's Pro Skater soundtrack;)
I don't really like this way of singing, but its only my sene of taste, so keep on rockin':)

Cheers

Greg

II NOODLES II
06-24-2006, 10:52 AM
We're from glasgow too. Our next gig in glasgow just now is the 30th of july at rockers. This is a big one for us. We're playing with 4 past midnight, UK deathcharge, The Kimberly steaks and Noctophyle (they're from holland). Should be a great night of punk rock. Tickets are 3 quid and can be bought from any of the bands.

Cheers for the good feed back folks

Johnno

4 past midnight??? i got a leaflet to go to one of thier gigs. Is rockers a good place to gig or is this your first time?

Talman
06-26-2006, 05:22 AM
Ah, the Skudpuppetz. A good live band. We(School of Assassins) played with you guys at the cathouse a while back.

Rockers gig should go down well. We headlined it a month or 2 ago playing with mutley, the assassins,twisted rainbow and some other band. If you've got a big crowd it'll be shit hot, but make sure to get a sound check. Sometimes the sound can be awful.

skudpuppet
07-12-2006, 07:45 AM
Yeah rockers is pretty decent, if there is a crowd in. the sound is good once you get a sound check and the staff are pretty cool. This gig should be awesome. All the bands are great! We're also playin in the 13th note on the 15th august with the FB 35's, 3 Steps Back and Twisted Rainbow. Again this should be a great gig. The note is an excellent venue and these are some of my fav glasgow bands. Its 3 quid at the door, so bring your friends and family for some good quality punk rock!!!

Cheers again

Johnno

www.myspace.com/skudpuppetz1

Satanic_Surfer
07-12-2006, 07:49 PM
You sound like you wanna be Anti Heroes but cant stand the thought of not sounding like The Offspring at the same time. Weird mixture i'd say. It's the best i've heard of this forum (congrats, yet it dont really tell anything) Just... there was one song where the ocals literally makes my ears bleed, wtf was that all about? Oh well, nothing original up here, but i wouldent leave, if you played where im at.

skudpuppet
07-21-2006, 03:48 AM
cheers for the comments dude. its all appreciated. We dont wanna try and sound like the offspring at all though. if we do, then its wasnt meant. Keep the comments flowing though, its good to hear some honest opinions

skudpuppet
08-03-2006, 03:49 AM
Alright folks. just to mention that the skudpuppetz will be playin the 13th note cafe on the 15th august with 3 steps back, the fb 35's and twisted rainbow. its 3 quid at the door and doors are at 9pm. should be a good gig and i advise everyone to come along to this!!

opivy21
08-03-2006, 04:36 AM
It's nothing very new, but you folks are good at it. I like the vocals.

skudpuppet
08-09-2006, 04:30 AM
if any one is interested. Skudpuppetz are playing at the 13th note cafe in glasgow on the 15th august. its 3 quid at the door and starts at 9pm with the first band on at around 9.15. the other bands on the bill are 3 Steps Back, Twisted Rainbow and The FB 35's. should be a good night if you like punk. come along and bring your friends.

Johnno

skudpuppet
08-24-2006, 12:53 AM
Yo Yo. Skudpuppetz are playing the vale in glasgow tonight. (opposite queen street station) its 4 quid at the door and if you say your there to see us, we get 2 quid. Yipee! Also on the bill are Ska/Punks Japlaster and Captain Kate. Should be a good night so come along and bring your friends. Its only 1.70 a pint!!!

www.skudpuppetz.com
www.myspace.com/skudpuppetz1

skudpuppet
09-02-2006, 01:30 PM
Skudpuppetz wil be playing Bar Warhol, Bath Street, Glasgow on the 7th september. Also on the bill are The Kimberly Steaks, UK DeathCharge and The Try-Hards. A night of high octane punk is promised. Entry is FREE!!!! and doors are at 7pm i think.

Hope to see ya there

Johnny Labotomy

SkunkIt
09-02-2006, 01:54 PM
Johnno SkudPuppet

That is an awesome band name.

I will check this band out later, when I have time.

skudpuppet
10-01-2006, 02:23 AM
Skudpuppetz are playing at Rockers in glasgow on the 12th of october. Punk night run by Scottish Music Network. Loads of other bands playing (about 5) for more details, goto www.myspace.com/skudpuppetz1. Entry is 3

Jojan
10-05-2006, 01:53 AM
Quite good. :)

RobinoZombie
10-06-2006, 01:34 PM
right upp my alley!
perfectly balanced punkrock and i like the transisitions in the songs, very good job men!

this is something ill have on my mp3player:)
do you have anything more too get? or is the songs on myspace it?

would be nice if you could check out my band Saget with Corpsepaint
swedish punkrock
and leave some comment om this board http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26092
or
http://www.myspace.com/sagetwithcorpsepaint