PDA

View Full Version : Something New

H1T_That
06-22-2006, 04:35 PM
from somewhere ive suddenly developed an urge to take up something new. Well, not so much something 'new', just.....ah, fuck i dont know how to describe it.

so anyway, im looking to learn about 'something'. Something quite specific, im thinking maybe i want to study a specific criminal, or maybe i want to look at a specific part of religion i have not already looked at. Or maybe something about physics, space, pyschology...anything really.

so anyway, to my point, i know this forum is crammed with some geniuses who know some cool stuff. I was just hoping someone would suggest something for me to read up on that is interesting. Nothing too difficult mind, jsut....you know...

serious suggestions only please, thanks.

HornyPope
06-22-2006, 05:03 PM
Browse wikipedia until you find something that you genuinly enjoy and seek to know more about.

H1T_That
06-22-2006, 05:19 PM
Browse wikipedia until you find something that you genuinly enjoy and seek to know more about.

i'll have a look, thanks.

JohnnyNemesis
06-22-2006, 05:32 PM
I was basically going to say what HP said; you might also consider getting into sports, either watching or playing, or maybe even fixing bikes or something like that.

no_way
06-22-2006, 05:32 PM
Alquimia??? It's really interesting, I don't know if it's your thing but nothing's missed by trying

If not then you could try Philosophy, but these are things I particulary enjoy, I dunno about you.

H1T_That
06-22-2006, 05:36 PM
I was basically going to say what HP said; you might also consider getting into sports, either watching or playing, or maybe even fixing bikes or something like that.

ive done sports for about 8 years now, looking for something different, thanks anyway.

no way: more specifically what do those topics cover?

punker
06-22-2006, 06:18 PM
you could try einstein's "theory of everything" (i think it's called like that in english anyway), if you dont look too much into it (like me), it's interesting and simple, sadly i dont know any books, and i would give you some links but the ones i have all are in spanish.

H1T_That
06-22-2006, 06:23 PM
you could try einstein's "theory of everything" (i think it's called like that in english anyway), if you dont look too much into it (like me), it's interesting and simple, sadly i dont know any books, and i would give you some links but the ones i have all are in spanish.

when i said 'read into' i didnt necissarily meen actually read, i meant study, or look at.

ive already had looked at quite a bit of einstein too, thanks anyway.

who was it who had an interest in light, about how it moves and how its formed etc, that sounds pretty cool.....or was it someone somewhere else :confused:

Jebus
06-22-2006, 07:06 PM
I've been having a good time learning how to use linux these days.

Tizzalicious
06-22-2006, 10:27 PM
A new language maybe? That's what I would go for.

H1T_That
06-23-2006, 05:22 AM
A new language maybe? That's what I would go for.

i was thinking maybe that.

Something unusual like japanese or something though.

Saying that, when i learn german, french and spanish i really didnt enjoy it that much