PDA

View Full Version : The Official Fort Minor Thread

self-esteem771
06-23-2006, 10:05 AM
Fort Minor is a new hip hop band. & if you never listened to them before, I suggest you check out this site: www.fortminor.com. They play: "Where'd you Go?" that is a good song. Try the site, if you like Linkin Park you will probably like Fort Minor because Mike Shinoda, Chester's assistant singer in Linkin Park, sings in Fort Minor. But if you don't like Linkin Park & you like hip hop you may like fort minor. Try it, if you haven't already. www.fortminor.com :cool: reply your feed-back.

opivy21
06-23-2006, 10:10 AM
I didn't like him in Linkin Park (I don't like anything about Linkin Park), and I don't like him by himself.

H1T_That
06-23-2006, 02:04 PM
i think the 'Official ????? Thread' is only really for bands that are likley to have a lot of discussion about them.

i doubt Marilyn Manson, Fort Minor and Disturbed are amongst these bands.

jacknife737
06-23-2006, 02:30 PM
Try discussing the band in the Official Rap Thread

self-esteem771
06-23-2006, 08:48 PM
has anyone seen their website?

JohnnyNemesis
06-24-2006, 03:41 PM
They lost me on "Where'd You Go". Mike Shinoda has never been a good rapper, but he can still be enjoyable. "Where'd You Go", however, is such an exceptionally horrible song that I want to kill people when I hear it. FUCK.

self-esteem771
06-24-2006, 05:51 PM
They lost me on "Where'd You Go". Mike Shinoda has never been a good rapper, but he can still be enjoyable. "Where'd You Go", however, is such an exceptionally horrible song that I want to kill people when I hear it. FUCK. what songs do u like that they sing?

jacknife737
06-24-2006, 10:15 PM
I think Kenji is a really good song.

jennylee324
04-29-2008, 07:55 PM
....yeah -- i agree, people are basically getting sick of the same old rock/hip-hop/r&b bullsh*t..... and there is just this big upsurge from a new style coming out of Europe -- best place i've found it so far is a compilation series called 'euro club hits' on itunes -- or check this link: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/advancedSearchResults?albumTerm=Euro+Club+Hits+Vol +

BREAK
04-29-2008, 08:09 PM
http://www.jamphat.com/rap/index_files/image082.jpg
lolzy

Llamas
04-29-2008, 10:02 PM
I agree with Ricky's post in this thread. The guy's not a good rapper, but I like some of the songs. I'm not familiar with songs by name, though, so I'm not sure about the one mentioned.

ruroken
04-30-2008, 03:14 PM
They lost me on "Where'd You Go". Mike Shinoda has never been a good rapper, but he can still be enjoyable. "Where'd You Go", however, is such an exceptionally horrible song that I want to kill people when I hear it. FUCK.
You're just being a douche. :mad: :mad: :mad: :(

Mike Shinoda kicks ass. He just either tries too hard or not enough. Have you heard "Reading My Eyes" or "Carousel"? He's fucking awesome in those. And I love him in "Bleed It Out". I just wish it had more of him. He should just focus on being the damn emcee. "Step Up" is pretty sweet sometimes too. I don't know why he stopped writing really pimpshit lines like "cokeheads couldn't do my lines" (that was redundant). He probably wanted to make sense or write relevant to the song.

...but I have to admit, Fort Minor blows hard. "The Rising Tied" is terrible. I do hate how overplayed "Where'd You Go?" is. Hearing it outside of by yourself completely ruins the song.