PDA

View Full Version : Baby monkey!

Little_Miss_1565
06-23-2006, 08:33 PM
So, I was channel surfing, and I found an episode of Hogan Knows Best on VH1, and they had for a short period of time adopted a baby chimp. IT WAS THE CUTEST EVER, and Hogan dressed it up in a Hulkamania shirt from a doll, and...and...I NEED THIS MONKEY SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE TO GET ONE.

0r4ng3
06-23-2006, 08:34 PM
You'd probably have to...uh..."liberate" one from your local zoo.

Little_Miss_1565
06-23-2006, 08:56 PM
Need MONKEY

WebDudette
06-23-2006, 08:57 PM
If your serious I'm sure there are websites you can buy monkeys off of.

0r4ng3
06-23-2006, 08:58 PM
If your serious I'm sure there are websites you can buy monkeys off of.
I'd check eBay.

WebDudette
06-23-2006, 08:59 PM
I checked. They only sell stuffed monkeys :(.

Endymion
06-23-2006, 08:59 PM
liberate one from a local makeup testing facility.

Tired_Of_You
06-23-2006, 09:06 PM
Me loves moneyz. <3 they are intelligent and so cute.

I'd bet anything some idiot feels like posting that video where a monkey smells his butt and falls from a tree, well I'LL TELL YOU SOMETHING, it proves my point, THEY ARE C-U-T-E! Even those who have a red butt.

Rag Doll
06-23-2006, 09:53 PM
this reminds me of friends when ross has a monkey and it humps everything and so he has to get rid of it.

and dane cook does a whole skit about fighting a monkey in your apartment. but why would you wanna fight a cute baby monkey? :(

HeadAroundU
06-24-2006, 04:02 AM
There is plenty of them at the BBS. Just use the search button.

killer_queen
06-24-2006, 04:25 AM
Me loves moneyz. <3
We all do.

I really really dislike monkeys and they are the only animals I don't find cute. Babies might be cute though, I haven't seen a lot of them.

And I'm sure you can get one from a pet shop.

randman21
06-24-2006, 07:20 AM
Why don't you just take a dump on the floor and smear it on the walls yourself? Avoid the middle man.

the_GoDdEsS
06-24-2006, 08:36 AM
Why don't you just take a dump on the floor and smear it on the walls yourself? Avoid the middle man.

What's your maturity level? You know, according to your measurements.

I don't find anything cute about monkeys. I associate monkeys with stupid. I find puppies and little chickens very cute.

All About Eve
06-24-2006, 08:44 AM
My dad had a monkey when he was a kid. He said it was the most annoying and hardest to take care of pet he had, although it was almost funny enough to make up for it.

H1T_That
06-24-2006, 09:47 AM
a friend of mine wanted to get a pet monkey, however they were very hard to come by, and quite expensive too. He got a marmaset instead.

Tired_Of_You
06-24-2006, 10:26 AM
Babies might be cute though, I haven't seen a lot of them.I'm sure they are!

and I obviously can't type. :(

Little_Miss_1565
06-24-2006, 10:30 AM
You can't get a monkey at a pet store here.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/sarahwmhc/monkey.jpg

I WILL PET THE MONKEY AND HUG IT AND IT WILL BE VERY HAPPY.

Mota Boy
06-24-2006, 12:36 PM
Just be sure to trade it out when it gets to eight months and stops being so cute and starts trying to mate with you and eat your guests. Keep your pets in constant rotation, like Paris Hilton. You can't attain eternal youth, but "Bananas" can, in all his/her forms.

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-24-2006, 01:25 PM
LOL, this is SO series 1 and 2 of Friends.

DeAtHsTaR
06-24-2006, 01:50 PM
Yes, they're so lovable. (http://www.kron4.com/Global/story.asp?S=3032021&nav=5D7lX6nm)

killer_queen
06-24-2006, 02:15 PM
You can't get a monkey at a pet store here.
That sucks. You can get even baby crocodiles at the pet shops here.
Get a monkey doll (or whatever you call it), that might work.

LOL, this is SO series 1 and 2 of Friends.
LOL, you watch Friends.

Andy
06-24-2006, 04:33 PM
Nothing wrong with guys watching Friends!

the_GoDdEsS
06-24-2006, 04:37 PM
I loathe Friends and most TV shows. I felt like saying it again.

killer_queen
06-24-2006, 04:44 PM
Nothing wrong with guys watching Friends!
But it sucks.

Kerr
06-24-2006, 04:58 PM
I personally don't find monkeys so cute myself. Strangely enough though, I actually like house spiders and beetles.

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-24-2006, 06:53 PM
But it sucks.

Normally I don't like it but occasionally I'm in the mood for brainless humour. In which case I turn to Friends. I am not ashamed!

sk8ter-hater
06-24-2006, 09:57 PM
A monkey is like a little, legal, human slave.

randman21
06-24-2006, 10:30 PM
What's your maturity level? You know, according to your measurements.

I don't find anything cute about monkeys. I associate monkeys with stupid. I find puppies and little chickens very cute.

My point is, monkeys, though cute and cuddly, do not make good pets.

Ques-tee-on: Why is it that when a person with, say, over 1,000 posts says something completely asinine and inappropriate, he gets applauded and everyone laughs heartily for days, but, when I make a little off-beat romp, without fail, I get attacked?

Tizzalicious
06-24-2006, 11:06 PM

Ques-tee-on: Why is it that when a person with, say, over 1,000 posts says something completely asinine and inappropriate, he gets applauded and everyone laughs heartily for days, but, when I make a little off-beat romp, without fail, I get attacked?

Because you are not 1337.

Endymion
06-25-2006, 01:28 AM
dave goes down two pegs for watching (and enjoying) friends.

WebDudette
06-25-2006, 01:57 AM

Fyi there are plenty of people with over a thousand posts that are hated by the majority of the board...

the_GoDdEsS
06-25-2006, 02:00 AM
something completely asinine and inappropriate, he gets applauded and everyone laughs heartily for days

You're wrong.

notoriousdoc
06-25-2006, 02:39 AM
I agree with Tizz, it's because you're not 1337. Though The Goddess has seemed pretty pathetic lately, is she still 1337?

the_GoDdEsS
06-25-2006, 03:47 AM
It'd be interesting to see you back that up with arguments, Britshit.

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-25-2006, 05:33 AM
This Britshit agrees, actually.

the_GoDdEsS
06-25-2006, 05:34 AM
Agrees with what?

platinumpt
06-25-2006, 05:41 AM
Probably he agrees with the fact that you've been acting pretty pathetic lately.

the_GoDdEsS
06-25-2006, 05:48 AM
Oh noez, my 1337ness is being questioned by notdoc. Pfft, seriously. It's not the fact that somebody calls me pathetic. What's funny is that he does it.

Andy
06-25-2006, 06:57 AM
I smell revolution.

Revo1337ion? Nope, that doesn't work at all.

0r4ng3
06-25-2006, 06:58 AM
Hey, neither does Scrab1337, but we MADE it work!

Andy
06-25-2006, 07:01 AM
We shall prevail!

randman21
06-25-2006, 07:54 AM
Fyi there are plenty of people with over a thousand posts that are hated by the majority of the board...

Oh, yes. I'm aware of those. Heh, I've seen the polls.

You're wrong.

Care to take a look at a good number of our members' signatures? While, you're at it, peruse through the GC topic, "Anna Sviderski".

0r4ng3
06-25-2006, 07:59 AM
It's a conspirac1337!

wheelchairman
06-25-2006, 08:23 AM
Oh Randman. Get off your high horse. It seems like whenever someone doesn't get the attention they believe they deserve, it's the cause of some kind of international conspiracy to make this person look like a fool. This is not the case. Johnny is extremely well liked, and he was extremely well liked even when he first joined not so long ago.

No no, it's not your post count. We don't respect you cause you're a whiney bitch.

WebDudette
06-25-2006, 12:36 PM
Oh, yes. I'm aware of those. Heh, I've seen the polls.

Care to take a look at a good number of our members' signatures? While, you're at it, peruse through the GC topic, "Anna Sviderski".

You quoted me twice...

And if your aware of the fact that people with over 1,000 posts are hated then you are infact wrong.

Little_Miss_1565
06-25-2006, 08:16 PM
Ahem. Stop whingeing about no one liking you, and start talking about how cute baby monkeys are!

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Brits, remember the PG Tips monkey adverts?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/content/images/2005/03/01/gallery_shifter_400_400x300.jpg

Andy
06-26-2006, 05:16 AM
Those adverts were awesome. I want a cup of tea now.

randman21
06-26-2006, 09:32 AM
Dude(tte)s, I really don't care if no one likes me, or if anyone respects me. I'm just sick of these fucking "faux antagonists" bothering with their idiotic comebacks when they could just ignore me and shut their holes. I didn't whine. 'twas a mere question. Are questions not allowed now? And, wheelchairman, you gutless little shit, you strike me as the guy who'd only say the things you say behind the comfort of your own compy. Stop trying to be the foe here. You disgust me.

:)

Sorry Little_Miss and everyone else. Yes, the monkey from "Hogan" was the cutest thing ever! I wish they'd have been able to keep it.

the_GoDdEsS
06-26-2006, 09:41 AM
Dude(tte)s, I really don't care if no one likes me, or if anyone respects me. I'm just sick of these fucking "faux antagonists" bothering with their idiotic comebacks when they could just ignore me and shut their holes. I didn't whine. 'twas a mere question. Are questions not allowed now? And, wheelchairman, you gutless little shit, you strike me as the guy who'd only say the things you say behind the comfort of your own compy. Stop trying to be the foe here. You disgust me.

No, he doesn't. Actually he told you the mere truth in the first part of his post. The fact that he called you a whiny bitch is just something common on this board. Because here we don't question things, we do them. And we say what we think.

I still don't understand your "taking a dump" comment. That's why I questioned your intelligence. Care to explain?

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-26-2006, 08:43 PM
And, wheelchairman, you gutless little shit, you strike me as the guy who'd only say the things you say behind the comfort of your own compy.

This is interesting. On a message board, how do you expect him to say them? Carrier pigeon?

0r4ng3
06-26-2006, 08:45 PM
No, with his MIND! Using MIND POWERS!

Thomas
06-26-2006, 08:46 PM
I would have just faxed him.

coke_a_holic
06-26-2006, 09:17 PM
And, wheelchairman, you gutless little shit, you strike me as the guy who'd only say the things you say behind the comfort of your own compy.
I don't understand how this affects anything. Even if he WERE too scared to say anything to you outside of the computer (which I highly doubt), he probably doesn't care enough to even think about you! You will probably never see him and the internet is protecting him and he can do whatever he wants on them. You're making a huge deal about nothing and using the "ur safe in internutz!" argument we've heard a billion times before, if you're so fucking strong and able to judge, why are YOU the one in question for immaturity?

Little_Miss_1565
06-26-2006, 10:03 PM
why are YOU the one in question for immaturity?

You are making the monkey angry with your not talking about it

http://torch.cs.dal.ca/~vha/monkey_angry.jpg

Jakebert
06-26-2006, 10:14 PM
That is one pissed off, big-toothed monkey.

randman21
06-26-2006, 11:22 PM
A few points to ponder:

If a guy wouldn't call another one a whiny bitch in person (which I don't think he would), the comment is meaningless and empty, therefore, it shouldn't be said. Not to say one should be scared of me. No one should.
I've already discussed why I believe my maturity is in question.
Not questioning things is not very punk. The "taking a dump" comment was a reference to Michael Jackson's chimp, Bubbles, frequently throwing her feces about the room. I forget that a lot of us aren't American. My apologies.
Once again, the "1,000-post amnesty" comment wasn't a whine. It wasn't even a complaint. It doesn't bother me. If it did, it'd be fucking stupid to complain. I'd just make haste and post 900 more times.
I love the monkey from the "Ace Ventura" movie(s). That type of monkey the only thing in the world that I could describe as really ugly, but unbearable cute at the same time.:)

Jakebert
06-26-2006, 11:29 PM
If a guy wouldn't call another one a whiny bitch in person (which I don't think he would), the comment is meaningless and empty, therefore, it shouldn't be said. Not to say one should be scared of me. No one should.

Would you talk about post counts in person? Then those comments are meaningless and empty.

And just a note, I have called guys "whiny bitches" in person, although it was jokingly, I still think it counts.

wheelchairman
06-27-2006, 12:04 AM
A few points to ponder:

I've already discussed why I believe my maturity is in question.
Not questioning things is not very punk. The "taking a dump" comment was a reference to Michael Jackson's chimp, Bubbles, frequently throwing her feces about the room. I forget that a lot of us aren't American. My apologies.
Once again, the "1,000-post amnesty" comment wasn't a whine. It wasn't even a complaint. It doesn't bother me. If it did, it'd be fucking stupid to complain. I'd just make haste and post 900 more times.
I love the monkey from the "Ace Ventura" movie(s). That type of monkey the only thing in the world that I could describe as really ugly, but unbearable cute at the same time.:)

1. Your opinion is irrelevant. You have no ability to judge my behavior in real life, simply because you don't know me. Besides I wasn't exactly harsh to you, I was pretty much stating the obvious. You believe there is a conspiracy of people trying to make you look stupid. And now you are whining about it. That would constitute a whiney bitch.

2. Punk is for bitches. Especially of the whiney variety.

3. The hypocracy of you acting tough and trying to call other people out on false machismo on the internet is just mind boggling. With the way you are acting online why should anyone believe you would act like you got any balls at all offline? I mean seriously, you are throwing a tantrum online because people don't find you funny. You must realize how pathetic that is.

4. The "it doesn't bother me, I don't care" argument only works, when you don't actually care about it, or whine about it for about a page online. You've got like no credibility.

5. Whiney bitch.

Andy
06-27-2006, 08:12 AM
Monk1337.

Oh yes.

Vera
06-27-2006, 09:17 AM
Need MONKEY
If I sig-quoted, I'd sig-quote this one.

JoY
06-27-2006, 09:42 AM
I dun like monkeys so much anymore, ever since one scared my mum & me out of the bathtub when I was 6. :( & we saw them stealing sandwitches & bananas from our neighbours.

0r4ng3
06-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Monk1337.

Oh yes.
Just watch out for thrown fec1337 matter.

Little_Miss_1565
06-27-2006, 04:24 PM
I dun like monkeys so much anymore, ever since one scared my mum & me out of the bathtub when I was 6. :( & we saw them stealing sandwitches & bananas from our neighbours.

...since when are there wild monkeys in Amsterdam?!

PS send me one

randman21
06-27-2006, 11:37 PM
1. Your opinion is irrelevant. You have no ability to judge my behavior in real life, simply because you don't know me. Besides I wasn't exactly harsh to you, I was pretty much stating the obvious. You believe there is a conspiracy of people trying to make you look stupid. And now you are whining about it. That would constitute a whiney bitch.

2. Punk is for bitches. Especially of the whiney variety.

3. The hypocracy of you acting tough and trying to call other people out on false machismo on the internet is just mind boggling. With the way you are acting online why should anyone believe you would act like you got any balls at all offline? I mean seriously, you are throwing a tantrum online because people don't find you funny. You must realize how pathetic that is.

4. The "it doesn't bother me, I don't care" argument only works, when you don't actually care about it, or whine about it for about a page online. You've got like no credibility.

5. Whiney bitch.

Where was the tantrum? Speaking of hypocrisy, you haven't the ability to judge my personality, which is why you falsely categorized my observation as whiney, when, in fact, I'm not that type. There was no "I'm sick of" or "You guys suck" or "Cut my wrists and black my eyes" in it, so that assertion was completely unfounded. This is what incited my anger.
I'm not calling conspiracy, but rather "Let's pick on the n00b" (which, yet *AGAIN*, doesn't bother me). Please don't deny it.
You're right. I'm teeming with machismo. This is why I said "Not to say that one should be scared of me. No one should." Indeed, I'm very tough.
I have already discredited a vast majority of all you've said, most of which all sounds eerily familiar to begin with.
Screw you...Oh, who am I kidding? I'm completely smitten by you! Be my Valentine?

randman21
06-27-2006, 11:44 PM
Does anyone else love "Curious George"? He was always my favorite, but, secretly, I hoped that his curiosity would get him killed.

Not Ozymandias
06-28-2006, 12:07 AM
Does anyone else love "Curious George"? He was always my favorite, but, secretly, I hoped that his curiosity would get him killed.
Are you going to cry when no one finds this funny either?

I hate monkeys.

Jakebert
06-28-2006, 12:14 AM

It's sad how slow some people are at learning.

randman21
06-28-2006, 12:26 AM

Oooh, as expected. A bit slower than anticipated, though. Yeah, I tried to word the statement in such a way that people didn't mistake it as a joke (because it wasn't), but to no avail. I seriously wanted Curious George to die.

This is the type of luke-warm antagonism of which I previously spoke. I see now that some get their jollies from it.

randman21
06-28-2006, 12:29 AM
It's sad how slow some people are at learning.

Yes. Quite.

coke_a_holic
06-28-2006, 12:47 AM
No one is singling you out, it happens to everyone. Even people that are generally respected get called out when they say stupid things. Not everything is about you.

I don't mean to be mean or anything because I recognize that you're mildly frustrated about it and no one is giving you the answer you want to hear, just make sure to watch what you say and when you get called out for being immature, politely disagree and move on. If they really care, they will continue trying to point it out just to get on your nerves.

To answer the thread: there's a place in the National Zoo called Monkey Island which is just a huge mountain with rocks and huts all over it, a moat, and a fence around it where a few families of lemurs live. It's delightful.

Not Ozymandias
06-28-2006, 01:03 AM

Oooh, as expected. A bit slower than anticipated, though. Yeah, I tried to word the statement in such a way that people didn't mistake it as a joke (because it wasn't), but to no avail. I seriously wanted Curious George to die.

This is the type of luke-warm antagonism of which I previously spoke. I see now that some get their jollies from it.
That's a yes.

Jebus
06-28-2006, 01:27 AM
So I was watching Gerhard Reinke's Wanderlust on youtube when I realized that Endy does infact bring the goods (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23781) in his threads after I learned about the awesomeness of Clone High.

This one particular episode stuck to me because the monkey scene(3:00) made me go lawls to the max.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtea-G7_Hu0

JoY
06-28-2006, 04:26 AM
...since when are there wild monkeys in Amsterdam?!

PS send me one
have you never seen my pictures?! grl, srly!

but no, that was in Zimbabwe. ;p

randman21
06-28-2006, 11:23 PM
That's a yes.

You know when you laugh at a really ugly person you see on the street until you find out that he’s retarded? Or, when your best friend falls, you burst at the seams with laughter, only to learn later that your friend’s incident requires hospitalization? This is exactly the way I feel right now. It started out very amusing, but now I realize that I'm having to repeat myself far too much for you (and a couple others) to be of sound mind.

I believe my exact words were “whenever I make an offbeat romp, I get attacked,” not “whenever I make an offbeat romp, no one suckles from the fruitful teat of comedic genius that is me.” There aren’t many ways to take that statement, but interpret it as you will.

...Even people that are generally respected get called out when they say stupid things...(other stuff)...

A thousand thank yous! "The answer" you metioned, that was it. It is what I was doubtful about all along. I still haven't seen evidence of this, but I will willingly take your word for it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, for the last time (hopefully), more points:

My frustration waned long ago (sorry to disappoint a couple of you). I have been debating merely for the sake of argument.
I never meant to make this about "poor ol' me". I had only hoped I was being singled out. What concerned me was the prospect that some found it all-too-convenient to gang up on all n00bs.
That belief is now gone and, barring any further dry "quips" or recycled "wise-cracks" thrown my way, you will cease to see my ugly mug around these parts again. Effective immediately.

WebDudette
06-28-2006, 11:32 PM
Sloths>Monkies.

Endymion
06-28-2006, 11:55 PM
You know when you laugh at a really ugly person you see on the street until you find out that he’s retarded? Or, when your best friend falls, you burst at the seams with laughter, only to learn later that your friend’s incident requires hospitalization?

wait, you stop laughing?

randman21
06-29-2006, 12:10 AM
wait, you stop laughing?

lmao. Terrible.

WebDudette
06-29-2006, 01:17 AM
Seriously though, when I find out it's a retard I laugh harder. If my friend fell down and got seriously hurt I would laugh my ass off.

Endymion
06-29-2006, 01:30 AM
lmao. Terrible.
it wasn't a joke. i laugh at the expense of retards and my friends whenever possible.

Little_Miss_1565
06-29-2006, 08:04 AM
My frustration waned long ago (sorry to disappoint a couple of you). I have been debating merely for the sake of argument.

You're an idiot. Make some friends outside your house so you can stop annoying everyone with your inability to entertain yourself online.

Mota Boy
06-29-2006, 08:13 AM
On the wide-open Saturday afternoons of my youth, my friends and I would go outside, catch a couple monkeys and then put them in a jar to make them fight each other. It's amazing how, with time, such evil becomes a treasured childhood memory.

Harnum
06-29-2006, 02:55 PM
michael jackson had a monkey. scary images anyone?

Mota Boy
06-29-2006, 09:21 PM
Don't be hatin' on Bubbles.

randman21
06-29-2006, 10:13 PM
You're an idiot. Make some friends outside your house so you can stop annoying everyone with your inability to entertain yourself online.

Damn you! I almost made it outta here without attaining another foe. I'm not trying to be a bad guy (a RandyNemesis, if you will), but you're making me.

So, if others are getting their kicks from making me look like a Wimpy Wilma, why shouldn't I be allowed to try to make them look like utter know-nothings?

'Tis true, I have no life. Ya know, I don't think we've been properly introduced. Hey, Pot, my name is Kettle. Nice to meet you.:D
Seriously (and this proposition extends to everyone), let's put this all behind us and work toward a brighter, more cooperative tomorrow.;)

Little_Miss_1565
06-29-2006, 10:47 PM
So, if others are getting their kicks from making me look like a Wimpy Wilma, why shouldn't I be allowed to try to make them look like utter know-nothings?

'Tis true, I have no life. Ya know, I don't think we've been properly introduced. Hey, Pot, my name is Kettle. Nice to meet you.:D

Except, I don't argue just for the sake of arguing. That's what people with no lives do. I'm a moderator--I'm *supposed* to be on the board a lot.

You can't claim you're trying to make others look like "know-nothings" when you've declared yourself one by saying you just argue for its own sake.

Not Ozymandias
06-29-2006, 10:56 PM
In other words:

http://www.csulb.edu/~rjames/classic/1136992074369.jpg

XYlophonetreeZ
06-29-2006, 11:00 PM
Randman, you're not an idiot. You seem like an intelligent guy. I hope you keep posting here for a while, but please just remember that it's best not to antagonize a large contingent of the board (those with over 1000 posts, or the 1337, if you wanna call us that) just because one or two people weren't nice to you. And bringing up past occasions to prove that you're not liked is lame. You're not liked OR particularly disliked yet, so don't get any illusions of importance just yet. You WILL be disliked, however, if you keep making big deals out of stupid shit like this.

And yes, people can be rude to n00bs, but you have to give us veterans some credit: here, being an idiot is simply the default status of members we don't know, because it's so very rare that someone new and intelligent comes along. So it's our natural habit to pretty much treat all n00bs like idiots. That's the way this place is, and we've heard all the 1337-conspiracy theories before. We've heard all the people who love to point out that everyone hates them just so they can feel like they're important to the board, when in reality nobody remembers who the hell they are (and once you're here a while longer, you'll be amazed by just how many of those people we get). So basically, the down 'n heezy of what I'm sayin' is that you're not gonna change any of the veteran posters here. If you don't like it, you can leave without stirring up a shitstorm of masturbatory argument, but that would be kinda stupid unless you really are an asshole who only posts to get a rise out of everyone and to focus every discussion's attention to yourself. If you're not an asshole, you can ignore negative comments about your posts, since they're only made because people don't know you, NOT because they hate you, and you can continue posting naturally and over time people will see that you're intelligent. Simple.

Not Ozymandias
06-29-2006, 11:02 PM
My post was better.

Vera
06-30-2006, 04:22 AM
Fuck it. Sig-quoted.

Little_Miss_1565
07-02-2006, 05:25 PM
Success!!

:d

Sunny
07-03-2006, 05:02 AM
whoever said monkeys are stupid needs to take a good look at the replies in this thread, you people make monkeys look like fucking MENSA members.

sarah, if you get a baby monkey, bring it over. =p it can cuddle/play/fight with my kirby and we'll all die a sudden and horrific death of cuteness overdose.