PDA

View Full Version : MxTabs, 1999-2006

0r4ng3
06-26-2006, 04:59 PM
Well, it looks like they're officially done.

http://www.mxtabs.net/index.html

Sinister
06-26-2006, 05:02 PM
They might be done, but there's still countless tab sites running - a good thing for beginning musicians like myself.

DeAtHsTaR
06-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Fuck the RIAA and the MPA.

Endymion
06-26-2006, 05:42 PM
Fuck the RIAA and the MPA.
if you really feel that way stop giving them money.

DeAtHsTaR
06-26-2006, 05:52 PM
if you really feel that way stop giving them money.

Almost every cd I own was either burned or bought used. So no worries.

Harnum
06-26-2006, 06:09 PM
z0mg! i was just gonna make a post about this. Mxtabs.net was my homepage for months. i had tabs submitted too! :( it was great. but didn't they close before?

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-26-2006, 07:35 PM
^^ Yes, yes it was.

Mxtabs was reopened in February with the hope of receiving some sort of response; with the lack of that response, it is sadly time to close.

This depresses me. I loved Mxtabs.

Thomas
06-26-2006, 07:38 PM
I learned many great things from mxtabs.

Rest in peace, my good friend. :(

*mourns*

All About Eve
06-26-2006, 10:06 PM
I've always had better results with Ultimate-guitar anyways.

coke_a_holic
06-26-2006, 10:17 PM
I, too, was always a UGer, but I used MxTabs occasionally as well. It's too bad that websites have to go down over such insanities as the recording industry is creating. =/

Endymion
06-26-2006, 11:28 PM
Almost every cd I own was either burned or bought used. So no worries.
not so. you still support music put out by them. if you truly abhor their practices you'd avoid all music licensed to the riaa. even downloading their music -- which doesn't harm them at all as you likely wouldn't pay for it in any case -- helps them because you promote bands signed with them.

mrconeman
06-27-2006, 11:06 AM
Yeah that sucks.

Corpse
06-27-2006, 11:09 AM
Same is happening gradually with all of them. Last time is happened with taborama. Not to be anymore.

DeAtHsTaR
06-27-2006, 11:14 AM
not so. you still support music put out by them. if you truly abhor their practices you'd avoid all music licensed to the riaa. even downloading their music -- which doesn't harm them at all as you likely wouldn't pay for it in any case -- helps them because you promote bands signed with them.

How does it promote them if they don't get any money for it? If you buy it used, the only profiteer is the pawn shop or wherever you buy it. And no, I'm not going to give up listening to good music just because the RIAA sucks shit. If they don't make any money from it, that's all that matters.

nieh
06-27-2006, 11:45 AM
How does it promote them if they don't get any money for it? If you buy it used, the only profiteer is the pawn shop or wherever you buy it. And no, I'm not going to give up listening to good music just because the RIAA sucks shit. If they don't make any money from it, that's all that matters.

You talking about whether you like or dislike the album, your friends (if you have any) hearing the album in your car or at your house, stuff like that promotes a band at no cost to the record company itself. Also, there is plenty of good/great/amazing music that's not affiliated with the RIAA at all that you can survive on (though there are some occasionally great bands on major labels too which is unfortunate).

DeAtHsTaR
06-27-2006, 11:59 AM
You talking about whether you like or dislike the album, your friends (if you have any) hearing the album in your car or at your house, stuff like that promotes a band at no cost to the record company itself. Also, there is plenty of good/great/amazing music that's not affiliated with the RIAA at all that you can survive on (though there are some occasionally great bands on major labels too which is unfortunate).
Also, some of the larger indie labels (Epitaph, Victory) are now under RIAA control as of recent (does that make any sense?). And there is no way I am throwing out my Streetlight Manifesto stuff, and early Offspring.

the_GoDdEsS
06-27-2006, 12:32 PM
Do you know a good alternative one? Even with Guitar Pro files? Just asking because my brother used to use it so I guess it'd help him. Thanks in advance.

T-6005
06-27-2006, 12:35 PM
Ultimate Guitar does the trick most of the time. (http://ultimate-guitar.com)

the_GoDdEsS
06-27-2006, 12:36 PM
Thank you, will pass it on.

Homer
06-27-2006, 01:52 PM
Ah, this was my favorite site for tabs, I've been using it for years. It was way better than any other site because it was so easy to use.

I was feeling depressed when I read that letter.

H1T_That
06-27-2006, 02:26 PM
Well, it looks like they're officially done.

http://www.mxtabs.net/index.html

my reign of learning random riffs is over.

Endymion
06-27-2006, 04:46 PM
Also, some of the larger indie labels (Epitaph, Victory) are now under RIAA control as of recent (does that make any sense?). And there is no way I am throwing out my Streetlight Manifesto stuff, and early Offspring.
then accept that you're supporting, at least in some part even if not by direct monetary contributions, the RIAA.