PDA

View Full Version : Add my band... if you want.

DeAtHsTaR
06-28-2006, 11:54 AM
We should have some recordings in a couple weeks. If we're not supposed to post this unless we have stuff on our page, lock this thread.

Fat Guy in Little Coat (http://myspace.com/fatguyinlittlesuit)

T-6005
06-28-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread should probably technically be locked, but I do have a couple of questions.

Firstly - does your band sound generic? Answer me honestly, dain, please. I'm asking a lot more than I would normally, considering your record, but I am asking for once. So please don't let me down.

Secondly - is there any way you guys could get a song up in the next few days instead of weeks? I'd listen to it then?

And don't test my patience, please. I'm being generous.

DeAtHsTaR
06-28-2006, 12:03 PM
This thread should probably technically be locked, but I do have a couple of questions.

Firstly - does your band sound generic? Answer me honestly, dain, please. I'm asking a lot more than I would normally, considering your record, but I am asking for once. So please don't let me down.

Honestly? Nothing sounds generic except for the drum beats, we need to tell Jake to stop being so lazy.

To the second question: it's possible to be on in about a week, because Jon is going to be gone for a few days.

T-6005
06-28-2006, 12:10 PM
Honestly? Nothing sounds generic except for the drum beats, we need to tell Jake to stop being so lazy.

To the second question: it's possible to be on in about a week, because Jon is going to be gone for a few days.
Then please do. I'd love to hear anything - I generally enjoy anything non-completely-generic from people, so I'm just hoping you're right on that.

I mean, that's sort of what I've been hoping for. I sound generic, personally, but strive for a non-generic sound, so I'm looking to anyone who's done it successfully. Check out the Me thread, if you want to know what I mean.

EDIT - I'm sorry for self-band pimping, by the way. I just wanted to get the point across.

Apathy
06-30-2006, 10:41 PM
You're drummer looks like he's 10.

I really wish I was in a band that played pop-punk/punk/ska. I'm stuck in an emo band. My bandmates are some of my good friends and I just don't have the heart to tell them that I hate our music.

Get some music up. I'm eager to see if it's any good. And if you're any good at bass.

DeAtHsTaR
07-01-2006, 11:52 AM
You're drummer looks like he's 10.

Haha yeah, he's 15 though. I'm kinda thinking the puberty bunny hasn't visited him yet.

Get some music up. I'm eager to see if it's any good. And if you're any good at bass.
Will do, but who knows if you'll be able to hear the bass, my amp sucks ass and I can't afford a bigger one.

Apathy
07-01-2006, 08:55 PM
Will do, but who knows if you'll be able to hear the bass, my amp sucks ass and I can't afford a bigger one.

Just put it higher in the mix?

What exactly were you planning on recording it with? Not... all at once I hope.

DeAtHsTaR
07-01-2006, 11:34 PM
Just put it higher in the mix?

What exactly were you planning on recording it with? Not... all at once I hope.
A twelve track, but I might record at the same time as the guitar. Some bands record all at the same time and then put on vocals and overdubs later. Green Day's first album and Ignition by Offspring are examples of this.

Marco
07-06-2006, 10:28 AM
Im Jon, and i fucking hate myspace. i would delete this piece of shit if i had my way.
-Jon
HAHAHAHAHAHHA LMFAO

DeAtHsTaR
07-10-2006, 06:03 PM
Should be getting some VERY low quality video/audio up tonight. We still can't find a singer because no one around here likes the style of music we play. Too bad I didn't have my camera at practice today because we played Master of Puppets almost perfectly, second take.