PDA

View Full Version : Slipknot

adombomb222
06-29-2006, 04:03 PM
Yeah.... i'm borad today.... so i started a system of a down poll, and now this! whats your favorite slipknot album? there is only 4.... and that is you know about M.F.K.R..

adombomb222
06-29-2006, 04:08 PM
Their self-titled... i has forst of all, (Sic)! the best song ever written.. it also has wait and bleed, only one, and Spit It Out!

Corpse
07-01-2006, 06:06 AM
I have said 9:0 live. I like everysong on IOWA, S/T and Subliminal Verses, so I choose this as it includes songs off each album.

suckmyass
07-02-2006, 01:38 PM
*overrated* :rolleyes:

nice mask

notoriousdoc
07-03-2006, 10:58 AM
They're all terrible.

Thank you.

Corpse
07-03-2006, 01:01 PM
Make a constructive comment and I will actually make it my aim be bothered to understand where you're coming from.

That_Guy91
07-03-2006, 03:21 PM
Ok, here's one-

It's sad that there's a band who's most talented members are Joey Jordison and Jim Root.

H1T_That
07-03-2006, 03:28 PM
i personally like slipknot, but i fully appreciate the rest of the planet find them to be talentless, moronic ass-clowns in retarded masks.

Apathy
07-03-2006, 04:17 PM
I would think more highly of them if they'd just give up on their mask and jumpsuit thing.

It's not clever, it doesn't symbolize anything. Its just annoying.

My little brother loves Slipknot, and I admit to nodding my head along to one or two of their songs. Nothing I would really listen to on my own however.

rocketman
07-03-2006, 04:35 PM
Lets give a hurrah for shitty Nu-Metal!

Corpse
07-04-2006, 12:40 PM
I seriously hope you are not trying to say Slipknot are Nu-Metal.

And I find it ironic that the reason they wore masks was so that people would concentrate on the XmasksX music, but the reason everyone knows of them is because of the masks.

0r4ng3
07-04-2006, 12:47 PM
How is that ironic? They're known for their masks, just like they planned to.

Jakebert
07-04-2006, 12:48 PM
Slipknot is a generic, bland, watered-down version of another legitimate form of metal that seems made for 13 year olds who think they're listening to real metal.

Seems like nu metal to me.

Corpse
07-04-2006, 12:48 PM
I just think its funny that they wore masks to draw the attention to their music, but it actually draws more attention to the masks.

Mannen som blev en gris
07-04-2006, 12:49 PM
I seriously hope you are not trying to say Slipknot are Nu-Metal.
I seriously hope you are not trying to say Slipknot are anything BUT nu-metal. What do you think they are then?

And, as sad as this may sound, I honestly think the masks are the most interesting thing about Slipknot.

0r4ng3
07-04-2006, 12:49 PM
I just think its funny that they wore masks to draw the attention to their music, but it actually draws more attention to the masks.
Oh. You must've worded your other post wrong, because I figured that's what you were trying to say.

Corpse
07-04-2006, 12:50 PM
Nu-Metal is like POD, Limp Bizkit etc. Slipknot are nothing like that.

Jakebert
07-04-2006, 12:57 PM
Then, what exactly is Slipknot. And don't you dare say death metal, because no, they're not.

Mannen som blev en gris
07-04-2006, 01:16 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slipknot_%28band%29#Debate_on_categorization

There is a deadlock as to where Slipknot's music fits.

Those who consider Slipknot to be nu-metal argue that the lyrical themes and instrumental styles of Slipknot (most notably the rarity of guitar solos), the use of the turntable and the use of three drummers. On the other hand, those who do not consider Slipknot's music to be nu-metal note that most of their music does not have a rap-based lyrical structure (although the influence of rap is evident in most of their music).

With the release of Slipknot's latest album, Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses), fans felt that the presence of solos on their albums would end the debate on the band's genre and label them heavy metal. However, it can be argued that this is simply another financially conscious move given the mid-2000s "retro-metal" renaissance, that the style of vocals still have more in common with nu metal than metal and solos alone do not specify a genre. Some others think that the presence of solos in their latest album is only due to the change of the producer, pointing to the presence of solos in songs released before they signed with Roadrunner. In a Guitar World interview, James Root claimed that Ross Robinson, who produced the self-titled and Iowa albums, had denied Slipknot the use of guitar solos at all, to align them to the musical tendencies of late 90's.

I still think it's nu-metal.

Zee
05-18-2007, 07:09 PM
Slipknot doing a cover; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_w0iN_xG0U

Funny for the Finns only probably but oh well...

SuperKnux
05-18-2007, 08:38 PM
Vol. 3

Rick Ruben is the best thing to have happened to the band. I hope they record with him for the fourth album.

Llamas
05-18-2007, 08:47 PM
I only like subliminal. The only one I ever bought was the live one, because I tend to like to judge bands based on their live performances. Well, they don't sound that good live, and I got so annoyed every single time the singer talked between songs. He acted like such a pretentious asshole. Anyway, the only good songs are on subliminal. They actually proved that they can write music instead of just bang on shit, and the SINGER actually SANG instead of growling a bunch of shit that you can't understand. However, they have no good lyrics, and their whole attitude, look, etc was shit. They had talent, but they wasted it for the most part. At least stone sour is okay.

Steve-O
05-19-2007, 05:43 AM
I posted 9.0 Live. :D

zacsta
05-21-2007, 03:47 AM
well i voted vol. 3, but i guess i cant really say cos thats the only one ive got. ive only just recently got into slipknot and downloaded that album but its fairly good.

ninthlayer
05-21-2007, 04:17 AM
Where's the option for They're Faggots and Shouldn't Still Be Together?

Harnum
05-21-2007, 06:18 AM
Where's the option for They're Faggots and Shouldn't Still Be Together?

I generally agree.

A nine-piece band? How is that a band? It's a fucking orchestra. An orchestra of pure shit.

Llamas
05-21-2007, 06:56 AM
Actually, I think they fortunately broke up a while ago. I mean, I haven't heard new shit from them in years, and the lead guy is in Stone Sour now... so I just keep hoping they're done, haha.

And I don't care how much you or I or anyone hates Slipknot, the "there are 9 people in the band" argument fails completely. There are tons of bands that have more than 5 people... I often enjoy a fuller sound that can only be attained by having more members. I'm not saying that Slipknot is better for having 9 members (they still generally wrote terrible music), but a LOT of bands are better for having 8, 9, 10 members. So stfu!

mrconeman
05-21-2007, 08:28 AM
They aren't as good as U2.
lolololo

Llamas
05-21-2007, 08:30 AM
omg fag! u(2) r gay.

ninthlayer
05-21-2007, 09:06 AM
Actually, I think they fortunately broke up a while ago. I mean, I haven't heard new shit from them in years, and the lead guy is in Stone Sour now... so I just keep hoping they're done, haha.
Uh, that fag has been in that fag band since like the first Spiderman movie. If my memory serves me correctly Corey Taylor had stated that the bands was going to break up after the second or third album so they wouldn't become like GWAR. Of course, Oderus Urungus heard this comment and called Taylor out and the Slipfag apologized like a little pussy because no one fucks with GWARRRRRRRR.

Or so I recall.
GWAR.

Llamas
05-21-2007, 09:50 AM
wtf, how exactly could stone sour ever be like gwar? that makes no sense.

and okay, well i thought slipknot was done for.. maybe it's just some hiatus. I'm not up on my slipknot knowledge :( :( :(

JohnnyNemesis
05-21-2007, 09:54 AM
gwar gwar lol GWAR! GWAR!

Harnum
05-21-2007, 09:56 AM
I really hope you're right on saying Slipknot are done-for though Brianna. I can't stand their music even if they are a 9-piece band. I guess saying that before wasn't really a valid argument. I'll just say that I despise screamo-heavy rock stuff that bands like Slipknot play.

Llamas
05-21-2007, 10:06 AM
I was wrong :( I googled them... they're releasing a new album in 2008. I guess there's a chance that they'll go off the few good songs on "subliminal", but chances are, it'll suck ass like most of their music.

Harnum
05-21-2007, 10:15 AM
Oh nooo! A new album. Shit on that. I hate the way music is today. There isn't really anything good to listen to. =[

H1T_That
05-21-2007, 12:06 PM
I saw an interview somewhere where Corey said they're done with the whole 'people = shit' nonsense and are going to put out a more serious album on the lines of subliminal. I think being in Stone Sour gave him a chance to see what potential Slipknot has with the already established fan base, and experience of what to do better. I for one am looking forward to the new record. I just hope they stick to their guns and don't re-do IOWA, or another S/T.

RickyCrack
05-21-2007, 01:17 PM
On a better note GWARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEXVhp7rkLA)

H1T_That
05-22-2007, 06:01 AM
On a better note GWARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEXVhp7rkLA)

Reminds me of Mad Max.