PDA

View Full Version : Is AFI Good Live?

Nood!es
06-29-2006, 09:23 PM
Just wondering cause Im going to their show next Wednesday.

Endymion
06-29-2006, 09:51 PM
eh, not really. better than some, but worse than most.

the plot to blow up the eiffel tower and xbxrx put on the best shows. silver daggers are hella good too. ditto for dr. doctor.

neocon58
06-29-2006, 10:05 PM
Davey is pretty shitty live.

original_prankster
06-30-2006, 02:53 AM
Some of their soungs sound good live (Silver And Cold/God Called In Sick Today/Days of the Pheonix) while others sound horrible live (Girl's Not Grey/The Leaving Song pt. 2/Miss Murder) so uh...they're okay live, I guess.

bouncingcoles
06-30-2006, 05:02 AM
I think AFI are pretty good live. i saw them 2 times. but i know plenty of bands that are way better live. but im sure you will enjoy it.

Retard
06-30-2006, 07:47 AM
i was really happy i went last week. yeah theyre not the best live band (thad prolly be either NOFX or Dropkick Murphys) but theyre good.

BuddyHolly
06-30-2006, 10:26 AM
(thad prolly be either NOFX or Dropkick Murphys)

:confused:

so you really are a retard?

coke_a_holic
06-30-2006, 10:58 AM
:confused:

so you really are a retard?
Took the words out of my fingertips.

NoFX is one of the worst live bands I've ever seen. I'd rather not have to sit through lame warm-ups, boring jokes, and them just being asses. If you've only got a small amount of time for a set, fucking use it.

BIG Nicky
06-30-2006, 02:50 PM
I guess they are better live than blink-182...or in fact angels and airwaves.

Apathy
06-30-2006, 07:45 PM

NoFX is one of the worst live bands I've ever seen. I'd rather not have to sit through lame warm-ups, boring jokes, and them just being asses. If you've only got a small amount of time for a set, fucking use it.

I quite enjoy them live.

Saw them at warped just a week or two ago in fact. Sure they talk a little too much, but they still manage to get just as many songs in as all the other bands. They went half an hour over their time, but it was probably the most fun I had at a live show. Or it was close anyway.

Professor Chaos
06-30-2006, 08:29 PM

I liked Blink-182's live stuff...A lot of their songs sound better live than on the albums.

II NOODLES II
07-01-2006, 12:13 PM
ive never seen blink live. ive heard they were good. Oh and i seen a video of girls not grey live.... kinda sucked. But its your choice

nameless
07-01-2006, 07:42 PM
i thought they were really goog when i saw them a few years back! may be a biased opinion but who cares!

suckmyass
07-02-2006, 01:39 PM
they put on a really good live show davey is a good performer

i like afi alot :D

Retard
07-02-2006, 06:56 PM

see i saw them on their own, they had all the time in the world, they played The Decline, and it was actually entertaining, it was a great show. I dont think there was one person complaining as they were leaving the show. Fat Mike got pants, they did a really punked out version of Whoops I OD'ed. and they played alot of my favorite songs. Hefe covered that Bob Marley song No Woman No Cry, it was awsome, they did their version of Radio. my friend who's only seen them on Warped said that it was one of the best shows he's been to. so yeah if u dont like entertaining drunk men playing some really good shit live, then i guess the show wouldve sucked.

BuddyHolly
07-03-2006, 04:18 AM
okay, they might be fun live but I'm sure they're not the best live band...

Retard
07-03-2006, 07:57 AM
well i havent seen that many bands live so at the moment they are one of the best bands in my opinion...... and Less Than Jake are up there to. CANT WAIT TO SEE THEM FOR THE THIRD TIME THIS YEAR AT WARPED!!!!

The meaning of life
07-03-2006, 10:21 AM
I think they are pretty awsome live

BuddyHolly
07-03-2006, 03:16 PM
AFI? Saw them 3 years ago. I was really looking for that gig but oh my god, what a dissapointment. Davey's vocals were so terrible, the music sounded like crap as well and the show was too fucking gay.

black_dust
07-04-2006, 03:05 PM
They are great live, loads of energy on stage loads better than some bands i have seen.

Rancid_Guyxxx
07-06-2006, 02:12 PM
Every time i've ever wanted to see them something has come up thats stopped me. Hopefully they will come back to Toronto so I can see them soon.

Nood!es
07-07-2006, 02:33 PM
To everyone that said they suck live they dont. They did fucking amazing. I was front row the whole show. It rocked.

Slappy
07-08-2006, 10:30 PM
Are you kidding? Blink 182 were awesome live! To me they sounded better live than on CD. Watch them at Big Day Out Sydney 2000. Amazing.
AFI is average live. A lot of their songs (black sails and art of drowning) use a lot of back up vocals. They lack back up vocals live. Their new cd doesn't have as much back ups, but they sound better in the studio that live.

mrconeman
07-09-2006, 07:52 AM
To everyone that said they suck live they dont. They did fucking amazing. I was front row the whole show. It rocked.
Obviously you're majorly biased, so that doesnt count.

I'm not a fan, and I dont hate them either, I've seen a few live videos from them, and most recently on the MTV movie awards, they...pretty much sucked everytime, a few times the shows have been average at best, and other times just out and out bad, at best I would call them average live.

Fifty-Four Forty or Fight
07-09-2006, 08:18 AM
They suck live.