PDA

View Full Version : Greg Graffin's new solo album.

Jakebert
06-30-2006, 11:50 AM
It's called Cold as the Clay, and it's a folk album. I've only listened to about half of it so far, but it's really good, and his voice fits the style really well.

SkunkIt
06-30-2006, 12:25 PM
Any song suggestions for downloads?

jacknife737
06-30-2006, 12:27 PM
I've have the track "Don't Be Afraid To Run". It wasn't anything special, but it was good. I'm debating whether or not to get the rest of the album

Jakebert
06-30-2006, 01:07 PM
Any song suggestions for downloads?

The title track, Cold as the Clay, is probably my favorite at the moment. I'll warn you though, it's not what you'd expect from Greg.

I've have the track "Don't Be Afraid To Run". It wasn't anything special, but it was good. I'm debating whether or not to get the rest of the album

I really like it, but I'd download it and listen to it some before buying it since it's kind of different.

DeAtHsTaR
06-30-2006, 01:16 PM
Does it come with a copy of his cyber convo with that fat chick?

GBH2
06-30-2006, 04:03 PM
I'll warn you though, it's not what you'd expect from Greg.

so it's not anti-gov, anti-religion, completely condescending toward alternate views, hypocritical, and filled with big words to make him sound smart?

jacknife737
06-30-2006, 04:13 PM
and filled with big words to make him sound smart?

You are aware that he has a phd?

FrancoDaHui
06-30-2006, 06:35 PM
i'd love to hear his new record, but i wont find it here in mexico, the record stores sucks

Apathy
07-01-2006, 12:15 AM
i'd love to hear his new record, but i wont find it here in mexico, the record stores sucks

He Has a myspace I believe. I know I've heard his new songs somewhere. If they aren't there, I'll find them and post them.

I don't think it's what you're expecting it to sound like though. I can tell you however, If you like it, there's a good chance you'll like This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb and Ghost Mice. Both are folk/punk bands. TBIAPB is better than GM.

coke_a_holic
07-01-2006, 12:23 AM
I remember some guy getting an arrested for having a TBIAPB sticker on his bike. Hahahaha, it's so funny just to think about.

Apathy
07-01-2006, 12:41 AM
It's happened a few times I think.

I remember seeing a story about A girl having her bike with the sticker on it on her college campus, and they shut down the campus and called in the bomb squad, and the girl had to bring a cd to prove that they were a band.

Seems funny, but It'd suck to be in the situation.

DeAtHsTaR
07-01-2006, 01:12 AM
He Has a myspace I believe. I know I've heard his new songs somewhere. If they aren't there, I'll find them and post them.

I don't think it's what you're expecting it to sound like though. I can tell you however, If you like it, there's a good chance you'll like This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb and Ghost Mice. Both are folk/punk bands. TBIAPB is better than GM.
Did you hear about the bike being blown up by a bomb squad because it had a sticker that said "This bike is a pipe bomb"?

edit: nevermind...

GBH2
07-02-2006, 02:56 PM
You are aware that he has a phd?
of course. that doesn't mean he has to dump a thesaurus into his albums. no one talks like that in real life anyway, even if they do have a phd.

jacknife737
07-02-2006, 06:50 PM
of course. that doesn't mean he has to dump a thesaurus into his albums. no one talks like that in real life anyway, even if they do have a phd.

My point was that you implied that he uses 'big words to make him sound smart', when in fact he already is quite intelligent.

WebDudette
07-02-2006, 07:42 PM

So are you insisting he shouldn't sing in rythme because we don't talk like that in real life? Diffrent words are used to make a song sound better.

Homer
07-02-2006, 11:34 PM
GBH2 is just angry because it makes him/her feel stupid when Bad Religion music is being played.

Anyways, this is actually an album that I might actually buy.

www.myspace.com/gregraffin

You can also find a bunch of videos of him preforming live on youtube or just at a BR fansite.

bouncingcoles
07-04-2006, 10:26 AM
ya im not huge into folk or anything but its not too bad. hes playing a club where i live, i think im gonna go see him.

Homer
07-07-2006, 02:22 PM
Bumpity

You can now listen to the whole album on his myspace account. The only downside is that you have to listen to it all the way through. But hey, it's pretty good.

Mannen som blev en gris
07-07-2006, 03:20 PM
This is actually pretty nice. I like it. Hm. No, I don't think I have anything else to add.

Autonomist
07-07-2006, 04:59 PM
Whoo I've got it. Will listen later.

Autonomist
09-08-2006, 01:39 AM
Bump.

It took me a while, but now I'm really into this album. Favourite tracks would be Highway, Don't Be Afraid to Run and Little Sadie.

jacknife737
09-08-2006, 09:50 AM
I still think its quite boring, I still enjoy Don't Be Afraid to Run, and one or two other tracks, but I havenít really listened too it much.