PDA

View Full Version : Sci-fi channel original movies are awesome!

Thomas
07-01-2006, 05:51 PM
Does anybody ever watch any of these? These movies are just about the cheesiest shit you will ever see in your life, but the sheer entertainment value is incredible. Crappy storyline + crappy special effects = pure gold. Anyone agree?

the_offsprings_monkey
07-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Lost in space?

WebDudette
07-01-2006, 07:45 PM
I've seen them but I could never sit through an entire movie. I despise the entire Sci-Fi channel. Except for Stargate SG1.

Jakebert
07-01-2006, 08:14 PM
I usually love bad science fiction movies, but the ones on SciFi are just too boring to be any good.

All About Eve
07-01-2006, 08:19 PM
My sister watches those. They bore me to death. If I wanted overwhelming details about math and science for entertainment I'd watch Numbers.

ignition991
07-01-2006, 08:21 PM
I agree, hilarious! My dad watches the Sci-Fi channel alot. I watch it for Doctor Who and The Twilight Zone.

Jakebert
07-01-2006, 08:24 PM
If you guys like bad scifi movies, check out "Abraxas: Guardian of the Universe". I watched this one on Thursday and I don't think I've ever laughed so much at a movie.

ignition991
07-02-2006, 12:15 AM
The sad thing is, somewhere some pathetic nerdy 40 year old loser is taking it all seriously.

Thomas
07-02-2006, 12:21 AM
Yeah, anyone who takes those seriously officially fails at life.

Did anyone happen to see their version of "War of the Worlds" btw?

Endymion
07-02-2006, 01:18 AM
Battlestar Galactica FTW!

Corpse
07-02-2006, 02:53 AM
The only good one I have seen in the UK recently is E.T.

Thomas
07-02-2006, 10:06 AM
I don't mean sci-fi movies in general, I mean sci-fi channel original movies.

Endymion
07-02-2006, 10:16 AM
you don't have to, most sci-fi movies are crap.

Jakebert
07-02-2006, 10:20 AM
The thing about the SciFi channel ones is the CGI and computerized special effects arn't as funny as the older ones where they have Supersoakers painted silver and people pretending to be robots.

Endymion
07-02-2006, 10:57 AM
i love sci-fi, but honestly 95% of the stuff out there is complete crap. it's been getting somewhat better over the past ~10 years, but it's a long, bumpy road. plus the only sci-fi that's been really any good recently is tv: firefly, battlestar galactica, 4400 (ok, not nearly as good as the previous two, but still better than star trek ever was). and going back a bit, babylon 5 -- though with cheesy graphics a few poor actors -- had pretty good writing. the firefly movie was pretty good, but that's the only one from the past few years i can think of.

ps: fuck stargate.

wheelchairman
07-02-2006, 12:50 PM
Star Trek pwns all sci-fi forever. Except some of the films have been lacking (mainly the first one and the 5th one.)

Babylon 5 was just cheesy.

Stargate is g00d.

And the only sci-fi channel movie I ever saw was their remake of the Dune Trilogy. It was alright I guess. They used stop motion at weird moments that made me and my friend laugh. But it was overall entertaining.

original_prankster
07-02-2006, 01:23 PM
Darklight made me laugh so fucking hard.

"YOU ARE NOW A DEMONICUSSS!!!"

ignition991
07-02-2006, 09:33 PM
Yeah, anyone who takes those seriously officially fails at life.

Did anyone happen to see their version of "War of the Worlds" btw?

Yes! I thought it was the newest one out. I turned it on and when i realized how incredibly bad the acting, graphics, and plot were. I kept it on for laughs. The ending was great though, i love it how the whole world was destoryed yet the guy manages to find his family in less then 5 seconds.

Jakebert
07-02-2006, 09:54 PM
The best scifi ever is the original Twilight Zone with Rod Serling. No competition.

ignition991
07-02-2006, 10:19 PM
The best scifi ever is the original Twilight Zone with Rod Serling. No competition.

Thank you, someone agrees with me. There's a marathon on right now in America

EDIT: You probably already know, as you do live there. (i didn't see your location)

noodlesfan
07-02-2006, 10:31 PM
Didn't Scifi Channel have something to do with the movie "Doom"?

and Tremors (series and movies) were roxxorz

Little_Miss_1565
07-03-2006, 09:33 AM
Thank you, someone agrees with me. There's a marathon on right now in America

EDIT: You probably already know, as you do live there. (i didn't see your location)

I'm watching it right now! Cable at mom's house FTW.

I love Sci-Fi Channel original movies. Like "Snakes on a Plane," they don't fuck around and pull punches with their titles. "Frankenfish," "Snakehead Terror," "Alien Siege"--what you see is what you get! Not to mention the movie they did starring and written by The Bruce.

Thomas
07-03-2006, 09:58 AM
I whole-heartedly agree with The Twilight Zone thing. The original was sooooooo freaking awesome!

OOH! Another one I saw (I only saw about the last 20 minutes) was Chupacabra. Anyone else see that one?

noodlesfan
07-03-2006, 10:06 AM
the twilight zone is awesome, but i can NOT sit through a whole marathon, they run too close together. I don't mind watching 1 or 2 episodes at a time though

nieh
07-03-2006, 10:10 AM
I whole-heartedly agree with The Twilight Zone thing. The original was sooooooo freaking awesome!

OOH! Another one I saw (I only saw about the last 20 minutes) was Chupacabra. Anyone else see that one?

I saw the Chupacabra movie before. It was horrible and I just couldn't stop watching it.

Noodlesfan: I don't think SciFi had anything to do with the production of Doom. Doom was hilarious though. It had every cliche possible for a 'military' movie in the first half. Then there was that first person bit near the end. Great, horrible stuff.

noodlesfan
07-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Noodlesfan: I don't think SciFi had anything to do with the production of Doom. Doom was hilarious though. It had every cliche possible for a 'military' movie in the first half. Then there was that first person bit near the end. Great, horrible stuff.
I thought they might because there's a preview for the scifi channel at the beginning.

Rag Doll
07-03-2006, 10:21 AM
Worst movie ever (though, I don't believe it's at all related to the sci-fi channel)..

Bloodthirst: Legend of the Chupacabras

It's a different chupacabra movie than the one Josh & Thomas mentioned. It's just....horrible. I can't even get into all the issues I had with it without getting all *grrrrrrrrrruffies*. You will probably get a laugh out of it if you watch it though.

Thomas
07-03-2006, 11:43 PM
It was horrible and I just couldn't stop watching it.

That's EXACTLY what I mean! The stupid movies are terrible, but you can't help but watch them.