PDA

View Full Version : Reminiscing about Jenny, our favourite Nordic

the_GoDdEsS
07-02-2006, 11:55 AM
Let’s take a little journey back to the times of classics, Ancient Rome and Ancient Greeks. Back to the times of Jenny who’s turned every debate into a classics debate. The Jenny who argued the definition of ‘angsty’ (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?p=108334&highlight=angsty+word#post108334). Because by holy Jove, that's not a word!

The Jenny who fell in love with her married classics teacher. Oh dearest Melvin! (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4419)

The Jenny who questioned TripBoy's knowledge of 60 languages! How dare you, woman? (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9621)

The Jenny who came to the BBS claiming she disliked (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=217518&postcount=7) Nazis. And the Jenny who left the BBS because she had to find out the bitter truth (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15055&page=1&pp=10). Poles are not Aryan.

And what's Jenny doing today? You won't be surprised but Jenny's posting on a white nationalist forum. Not much to our surprise, every second of her posts is still classics related. And what's even cuter is she's linking to the Are Slavics Aryan thread and whines about how we are all wrong. Because in the end Poles are Nordic!

JohnnyNemesis
07-02-2006, 12:02 PM
Oh god, Simma. You keep doing things like this and my testicles are going to explode with love for you.

And I mean that in a nonsexual, you are truly superior way.

Vera
07-02-2006, 12:10 PM
Yeah, but did the Jennycaust really happen?

nitropenguin!
07-02-2006, 12:32 PM
This is unexpected. I was just thinking about Jenny recently and totally missing her. I remember my first encounter with her being a fucking diaster. We had this huge argument over something so insignificant that I can't really recall. All I know is I was overwhelmingly frustrated and she followed me around the place mocking me. hehehe. Then suddenly we became the best of online friends and she felt really guilty about the two of us fighting.

I tried going far back into my posts to find evidence of our rivalry but it seems that's been deleted too =/ Which is very weird. Soooo many of my posts were deleted and here I was thinking only the "Nevending" thread was taken off. I only posted on there when I was a new member. How sad. So many memories gone and only less than 300 remain.

the_GoDdEsS
07-02-2006, 12:34 PM
I can't believe she called Melvin a "stunning Adonis".

And what happened to the Thucydides account?

Thank you, Ricky.

Rocky-girl
07-02-2006, 12:42 PM
Fascinating!!! You have a spesial talent for making such threads! ))) Funny! hahaha!!!))))) and you know I think I feel I little pity for that poor Jenny, but anyway it's fascinating! It's better not to fall victim to your tongue!

JoY
07-02-2006, 02:25 PM
Yeah, but did the Jennycaust really happen?
*gigglegiggle*

<3ing the thread. *nods*

killer_queen
07-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Is that "classics" a common lesson in England? What kind of fucking lesson is it?

And what happened to the Thucydides account?
Yeah, it's a little weird. I guess she asked admin to do it. Because you know, Maira did the same thing and they are not really different.

By the way, I love this thread.

Vera
07-02-2006, 02:34 PM
Jenny studied Classics at university. It's basically a study of Latin and ancient Greek and everything to do the Roman Empire and the Ancient Greek civilization. Meaning completely useless but fun to some people.

JoY
07-02-2006, 02:39 PM
it's not completely useless. Latin has helped me a couple of times in medicine. just not a significant amount of times & acient Greek has helped me even less. I can barely even recognise anymore what term comes from Latin & which comes from acient Greek, since it's processed so that it's absorbed in the medical world in an attempt to make terms universal. plus, I just don't remember. but yeah, it helps when trying to understand & remember official terms for medical shite.

to actually STUDY Latin & acient Greek is in fact utterly useless, unless you become a teacher & teach Latin to people who will work with Latin terms in the future, like doctors & stuff. & the historical value.. although the administrator constantly tries to tell us history has no value. :mad:

Vera
07-02-2006, 02:45 PM
I think history is important and ancient history is important but JUST ancient history, hmm, not really. Really important stuff happened after the fall of the Roman Empire, too, so knowing history in general is more relevant today than knowing a huge bunch of info from ancient times.

Latin is important and somewhat relevant today but most people today will learn Latin prefixes and phrases (et cetera, ad nauseum, ad hominem, id est) without having to take Latin lessons (I know I have).

JoY
07-02-2006, 03:49 PM
you can recognise Latin & acient Greek in a lot of languages we use today. when I had Latin classes (dropped the acient Greek) I often recognised words that are still used in German, Dutch, French, English... in a different form most of the times, but still, that could make me go; "whoa, now I know where this & that came from!"

so right, that's interesting, funny & entertaining to know. but still rather useless. it's information like; "did you know violins used to have five strings?" (no, not that Paris is a city, because that's valuable information). it gives that "oh really?"-reaction & nothing else.

acient history IS very limited. it has historical value, but it's not impressive. that's why I don't understand why anyone would study it, unless they want to become a teacher, or want to examine acient junk from the earth & translate gravestones. I can imagine that's pretty exciting, discovering bits & pieces of history, instead of just learning about it from a book. but both teaching & translating archeologic finds sound more romantic than it really is. mostly the last option sounds quite "dusty" & boring to me.

on top of all of this; it's so incredibly far in the past, that I think recognising the acient days had a major influence on our current society, should be enough.

HornyPope
07-02-2006, 03:58 PM
Classic history is insanely important to modern history. It's centuries of very documented action by contemporary historians and statesman even. The lessons we can draw are immense. It's true the "field of work" is limited but don't let anyone discredit it.

I for one think kids should learn far more of it in schools. I'd say more but gotta run now.

wheelchairman
07-02-2006, 04:09 PM
I know that linguists find Latin very useful. And it is not possible to take a linguistics study (and be good at it) without understanding the basis of Latin Grammar.

I wish I knew grammar. I'll save that later though, since I don't have the kind of motivation to do something so tediously boring.

killer_queen
07-02-2006, 04:14 PM
This is the second thread we killed today.

JoY
07-02-2006, 04:32 PM
& every single time it was a question by you that brought on the murder of the thread. *grins*

Vera
07-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Gulsah's ignorance is a lovable thread killer. <3

Sunny
07-02-2006, 04:35 PM
...i'm not usually the one to scream "BEEN DONE BEFORE", but haven't we seen a "jenny's miserable bbs history" summary already?

JoY
07-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Vlad; I agree with you on that. I most certainly do. high schools should pay more attention to it. that's basically why I mentioned historical value. I very consciously chose a kind of school in which you get Latin & acient Greek classes. a lot of people have asked me (especially medical students) whether it's been useful, mostly with a raised eyebrow, sincerely questioning its use. what annoyed me the most, is people who'd also had Latin &/or acient Greek classes, who'd immediately respond (quasi cool) "it was an absolute waste of my time, yugh!". oh yes, school, education, YUGH!

so the influence on our current society has been huge. the word "democracy" itself comes from "démos" (the people) & "kratos" (power/rule) & that's only a tiny indication of the massive influence classic history has had in politics.

as I said, it's interesting, but you can hardly bring any knowledge of classic history into practice. (except if constantly bringing it up on a public message board, of course) translating, teaching.. I'm just trying to figure out what else you can do with a degree in classics. you have to feel quite the calling to teach Latin or acient Greek. I can imagine that after a couple of years you seriously start wondering what the hell you're doing it for.

as you said, the field of work is limited. so limited, studying classics is pretty damn useless. but I found what I learned in high school to be interesting, aswell as useful sometimes even. it's a rare occasion the bit of knowledge that sticked (I forgot most) comes in handy, but whenever it does, I'm glad I took the time & effort to learn that liiiittle bit about it.

like I said, being able to acknowledge the major influence it's had should be enough. learning a bit about it is the best, if not the only way to pull that off, so teaching kids a bit about the Roman empire & acient Greece.. yes, I indeed think that'd be a good idea. but for god's sake, don't study it.

Edit: a lot of "as I said", "as you said" & "like I said". ugh, that means I'm repeating stuff & myself & I hate it when I do that.

JoY
07-02-2006, 05:01 PM
...i'm not usually the one to scream "BEEN DONE BEFORE", but haven't we seen a "jenny's miserable bbs history" summary already?
I was thinking the same. then I thought I could be wrong. the last one was by Justin, I believe.

but heck, fuck it. I'd welcome threads like these with open arms any day.

Not Ozymandias
07-02-2006, 05:46 PM
And what's Jenny doing today? You won't be surprised but Jenny's posting on a white nationalist forum. Not much to our surprise, every second of her posts is still classics related. And what's even cuter is she's linking to the Are Slavics Aryan thread and whines about how we are all wrong. Because in the end Poles are Nordic!
LINK! You'd think the stupid bitch would've learned her lesson...

Mota Boy
07-02-2006, 10:58 PM
What a lost soul. Jenny was a fairly bright girl, but had absolutely no detectable capacity for objective reasoning and a fondness for immersing herself in fantasy worlds (Ancient Rome, an Aryan society) that usually endowed her with some inherent superiority that seemed to be lacking from her everyday life.

Hopefully, for her sake, she'll snap out of it one day. Or maybe she'll just snap. That'd be entertaining too.

Sin Studly
07-03-2006, 07:06 AM
LINK! You'd think the stupid bitch would've learned her lesson...

Link (http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?t=235307&page=3)! Scroll down to Biała Siła. She doesn't know who I post as there yet, but she's starting to fall in love with me. Again.

the_GoDdEsS
07-03-2006, 07:07 AM
Biala Sila as White Power, aw.

Sin Studly
07-03-2006, 07:08 AM
A biely kon pre spinavy cigani a powcany?

the_GoDdEsS
07-03-2006, 07:13 AM
Muahaha, samozrejme.

Sin Studly
07-03-2006, 07:19 AM
Heil Hitler!

JohnnyNemesis
07-03-2006, 08:17 AM
The fact that she's still pursuing the white power thing is killing the sympathy I once felt for her.

Sin Studly
07-04-2006, 07:20 AM
What can I say? When I put my mind to indoctrinating somebody I could have them truckbomb an embassy if I wanted.

Paint_It_Black
07-04-2006, 07:28 AM
The fact that she's still pursuing the white power thing is killing the sympathy I once felt for her.

Of course she's still pursuing it. It's the only group she can belong to without requiring any effort, talent, or personality. Who else would associate with her? Well, there's Maria. Let's face it, Jenny will only ever be accepted amongst people that are almost universally despised.

Sin Studly
07-04-2006, 07:29 AM
Of course she's still pursuing it. It's the only group she can belong to without requiring any effort, talent, or personality.

Hello? She's not white.

Paint_It_Black
07-04-2006, 07:31 AM
Well, she can pass for it except with a trained expert like yourself.

Vera
07-04-2006, 08:46 AM
Let's face it, Jenny will only ever be accepted amongst people that are almost universally despised.
Kind of like Hit--

Uhm. Nevermind.

Not Ozymandias
07-04-2006, 03:28 PM
What a lost soul. Jenny was a fairly bright girl, but had absolutely no detectable capacity for objective reasoning and a fondness for immersing herself in fantasy worlds (Ancient Rome, an Aryan society) that usually endowed her with some inherent superiority that seemed to be lacking from her everyday life.
It seemed to me that she was so utterly miserable with this world that she convinced herself that things would be better and she'd be happy if only she could live in ancient Rome or an all-white world. I suppose it's pitiable, but anyone who's comfortable expressing such fucking madness is beyond sympathy.

HornyPope
07-04-2006, 03:37 PM
It's called delusion. It's fairly common.