PDA

View Full Version : Guns n' Roses tour

Tijs
07-02-2006, 05:05 PM
13 years ago, Guns n' Roses played their last concert in Holland, in my hometown; Nijmegen. It was an outdoor concert in a park. I was about the age of 6, but I still remember it. They played two nights in a row, attracting a total of 120.000 fans.
Today, they were back, again over here a kilometer away from where I'm sitting now. Outdoor concert again, same park.
Well alright, so "Guns n' Roses" aren't "Guns n' Roses" anymore, but it still was worth it. It was awesome to see Axl Rose live. They truly did a great show, a bit short though, but hey, Axl's an oldtimer.
The only downside were the amount of guitarist. In the end they had 4 guitar players, bass not included. And of course, they all had to show their skills on the guitar aswell.
But 'Welcome to the Jungle', 'Paradise City', 'Knocking on Heaven's Door', 'Patience', 'Don't Cry', 'November Rain' and some other songs were really well played, amazing to see. I just wish they would've played 'Estranged' though.

Support bands were 'Alice in Chains', 'Stone Sour' and 'Bloodsimple'. But I didn't see those bands, not my thing.

A lot of you hate Guns n' Roses, especially Axl Rose. I know that.
But for those who don't, who's going to see them this tour or who already saw them and what did you think of it?

Mr. Noodles
07-02-2006, 05:12 PM
GNR is actually one of my favorite bands. I don't know about seeing them, though. We'll probably have no more money to buy tickets.
We're seeing Aerosmith and Motley Crue in October and the tickets are VERY expensive.

offspring fan
07-02-2006, 05:14 PM
my dad saw them in Oslo a few days ago and he said it sucked. and he is a big GNR fan. he said it was nothing like the old GNR.

btw: you should have seen alice in chains, awesome live band.

H1T_That
07-02-2006, 05:18 PM
i saw them a few weeks ago. I thought they were terrible.

Jakebert
07-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Did they do any new stuff?

pretty fly 88
07-02-2006, 06:10 PM
Did they do any new stuff?
The question is, do they have any new stuff?

Tijs
07-02-2006, 06:12 PM
I think they played one or two Chinese Democracy songs, but I haven't heard that album so I couldn't recognize them.

pretty fly 88
07-02-2006, 06:15 PM
I think they played one or two Chinese Democracy songs, but I haven't heard that album so I couldn't recognize them.
Is that album out yet? I've never heard anything from it or anything about it.

mrconeman
07-02-2006, 06:43 PM
Something like 11 years in the making and still not ready.
I've seen live videos of this new incarnation of the band, Axl's voice is nothing to what it used to be. And I've downloaded a few of the new songs, nothing even remotely interesting/exciting/good.

Jakebert
07-02-2006, 07:06 PM
Actually, from what I've heard, Chinese Democracy is actually really close to coming out. Normally I don't believe it when they say it is, but I know radio stations have been playing cuts from it and getting promo cuts of singles and stuff.

mrconeman
07-02-2006, 07:20 PM
Yeah, same here. With the band touring and all instead of recording and stuff I think it must finally be ready, its still going to be over-produced, under-written crap though, thats my current prediction based on the songs I have heard.

Jakebert
07-02-2006, 07:37 PM
I'm sure it will be, and I haven't heard a whole song yet. But, if you look at the last stuff that the original band did, it was moving in that direction and I think the only reason it wasn't fully realized was because the rest of t he band was keeping it grounded in some kind of content. Now that Axl is by himself, he can do whatever he wants.

mrconeman
07-03-2006, 11:23 AM
Nail, Head and hit come to mind.

Ocupation: Offspring
07-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Woah, you are lucky i so want to see some of my favorite 80's bands live but i cant becuz im only 12 i wasnt even BORN when they were playing live all the damn time! But now there old but they still ROCK, i think.

dont give me no crap
07-08-2006, 01:33 AM
Haha this is making me think of how Splinter was almost called Chinese Democracy. If that had happened that would've been so fucking cool.

SaiKYoU
07-08-2006, 07:31 AM
they're visiting spain next week, ina rock festical in BILBAO, but they played some weeks ago in MADRID and 90% people said it was a very bad return... you know, when you were the biggest band, biggets in capitals, and know you're justa shadow from the past, when you got no original guitar, bass, drum... well, playing Paradise City ain't that awesome now...