PDA

View Full Version : What I live for.

T-6005
07-03-2006, 03:11 PM
Disclaimer - I am slightly drunk.

Now that that's out of the way.

I'm split as to what to say - do I live for beauty, or for moments? The truth is that I live for both at once, for the absolute perfection of the human form within a form I didn't expect, from a sense I didn't expect. There's a beauty in a lot of things, but I happen to be blind to it, whereas I'm attuned to other forms - or at least that's what I'd like to believe.

Beautiful moments are what keeps me going, and the hope that someday I will see a truly perfect, beautiful moment. I can't say when or how it will be, or from how. There's a beauty in honesty, in the clean lines of another person's body, and obviously in other concepts, such as innocence - but the beautiful moment comes in a capture of a moment where so much of this is present that the viewer becomes overwhelmed with it. I can't look for a moment such as these. I've been lucky to have seen a few - the nobility of the human spirit surmounting an obstacle that I know few could, the grace in which one will walk into a losing battle of any sort, and other such moments. I only just realized that this is what I live for.

Even indecision has its own beauty, the perfect beauty of the moment of choice - and I can't possibly work out the words to say how honored I personally have been in my life to meet all kinds of beauty. I believe we all have, to be honest, but I allow myself the egotistical boost of believing that I was the one correctly placed to notice the situational beauty inherent in the moment.

I have met exceptional people that have given me a reason to keep pursuing beauty and momentary, fleeting perfection - this gives me a reason to keep searching for it. All fades, even beauty, and finding it blooming is an honor.

I'm sorry, everyone - I can't describe what I am thinking adequately, I just wanted to say how much I feel like what I have lived has been truly worth it. I've seen something worth pursuing, and though I'm not an adequate artist, I'm glad to know that there exist those who are, and who will be able to express what I feel.

Vera
07-03-2006, 03:14 PM
Fucking French.

I live for moments of joy & gratification.

0r4ng3
07-03-2006, 03:18 PM
I'm pretty sure that everything after the disclaimer isn't necessary.

mrconeman
07-03-2006, 03:18 PM
If I read the words beauty, beautiful, or moment ever again I'll have a seizure.

no_way
07-03-2006, 03:19 PM
I don't only live for good things, although I know it hurts, because I'm recovering from a hard moment, everything you go through, no matter if it's bad or good, as long as it doesn't kill you, it will help you go through tough times in life.

And you get closer to perfection, every second closer, through experiences and practice.

I'm not sure if you actually reach perfection at the end of everything (I say I'm not sure because I'm not sure about anything in life) maybe life ends before you can make your dreams come true, but is that ever gonna matter? Aren't you damn dead at the end of it all?

wheelchairman
07-03-2006, 03:21 PM
Sounds like you just watched Star Trek: Insurrection. (No joke! Well okay a little.)

T-6005
07-03-2006, 03:21 PM
My thread has been killed. :(

0r4ng3
07-03-2006, 03:22 PM
If I read the words beauty, beautiful, or moment ever again I'll have a seizure.
Well, when that happends, it will not be a beautiful moment of beauty, that's for sure.

no_way
07-03-2006, 03:24 PM
My thread has been killed. :(

Well buddy, after 4000 posts you should know by now that you cannot share this kind of things with these people, I don't think they're mature anough to understand you and they're not good enough to try to.

0r4ng3
07-03-2006, 03:25 PM
Well buddy, after 4000 posts you should know by now that you cannot share this kind of things with these people, I don't think they're mature anough to understand you and they're not good enough to try to.
It's a conspiracy! Alert the media!

T-6005
07-03-2006, 03:27 PM
Honey, they could understand more and still contribute less than you could imagine.

I made a mistake - this probably wasn't a good idea to post, but it seemed good at the moment.

There we go, moment again. What other word should I use? Instant?

HornyPope
07-03-2006, 03:28 PM
Beauty is beautiful. Rock on!

I'll see if I can add some more thoughts of mine to the subject in a bit.

killer_queen
07-03-2006, 03:29 PM
I don't know why but this thread reminded me a photographer who said "I don't believe in perfection. I believe in perfect moments and I live for shooting them". It just, sounds neat, that's all.

Well, I don't live for beautiful or perfect moments and the beauty because I don't believe in their existence. I'm gonna be 17 in a week and I still haven't had any of those beautiful moments. It makes me feel very old and late for a lot of things.

By the way, this thread almost made me cry. What the fuck is wrong with me?

mrconeman
07-03-2006, 03:30 PM

My post was a lighthearted joke, I understand the thread full-well.
Judging from your own posts I'd say that you are much more immature than than the thread starters target audiance on this board.

no_way
07-03-2006, 03:34 PM
My post was a lighthearted joke, I understand the thread full-well.
Judging from your own posts I'd say that you are much more immature than than the thread starters target audiance on this board.

Of course I am, I'm 14 years old for fuck's sake! Anyway, although you do understand you don't seem to be as deep as to post something that's worth to read and that has anything to do with what he has said about life. I guess it's no use to explain... You make a "lighthearted" joke however.

EDIT:

Honey, they could understand more and still contribute less than you could imagine.
Yes, maybe I didn't express myself too well, but you didn't recieve any "comprehension" replies if I'm not wrong, I don't think you should try to argue with me in something we both agree, that's just being pissy.

Sinister
07-03-2006, 03:37 PM
By the way, this thread almost made me cry. What the fuck is wrong with me?
You feel emotions, that's what's wrong with you.

mrconeman
07-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Yeah, I guess I should have posted some psuedo-intellectual, introspective explaination of why I live my life.

no_way
07-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Yeah, I guess I should have posted some psuedo-intellectual, introspective explaination of why I live my life.

I'm glad you got it :rolleyes:

Nina
07-03-2006, 04:03 PM
T-6005, you have an interesting way of seeing things. It has never accured to me like that before. I guess I myself only live for the moment (of any kind) if I have nothing to lose, nothing to fear, and nothing to hide from. Otherwise I am the most anxious creature in the world; never knowing what to say nor what to do.
And why is that thread "bad"?

H1T_That
07-03-2006, 04:07 PM
I don't think they're mature anough to understand you and they're not good enough to try to.

are you fucking serious?

mrconeman
07-03-2006, 04:12 PM
I'm glad you got it :rolleyes:
If your eye rolling is towards the fact that I stated why I live my life, instead of what I lived for, it was a remark towards your original post, not to do with the context of the thread.

If thats not what it was for, what the hell are you talking about?

no_way
07-03-2006, 04:30 PM
If your eye rolling is towards the fact that I stated why I live my life, instead of what I lived for, it was a remark towards your original post, not to do with the context of the thread.

If thats not what it was for, what the hell are you talking about?

Chill out, it was just about the fact that you talked sarcastically when you said you should have written something deeper, so I reply with a sarcastic post, was it that hard?

H1T_That
07-03-2006, 04:31 PM
was it that hard?

no, but THAT was.

no_way
07-03-2006, 04:34 PM
no, but THAT was.

Shut up. ***************************

mrconeman
07-03-2006, 04:35 PM
How mature of you.

no_way
07-03-2006, 04:41 PM
How mature of you.
I only give mature replies to mature posts. That one certaintly wasn't. And yeah, haha.

Nina
07-03-2006, 04:46 PM
Since you are something between 13-16 but acting more like a 10 year old, you should finally shut the fuck up and stop telling people that they arent mature. You are not in the position to say that.

Betty
07-04-2006, 01:43 AM
These are my absolute favourite types of threads.

Thi, you are so indifferent so much of the time, that it's always refreshing to hear you say something with a little more oomph.

I don't know if we're supposed to add to this thread, because I almost fear that would take away from it. In highschool I came across this term in a novel, "moment of being," and wrote an essay thing about that. I guess it doesn't really have to do with beauty, but it's maybe semi-related? Basically what I tried to emphasize was that there are very few moments in our life when we are actually completely absorbed in the present. We are not thinking about the present, we are 100% experiencing it. Does that make sense? You know how you can be in a certain moment and you're aware you're there and you're thinking about it? ("It's cold." "Why did I say that?" "Oh look, a bird.") but then sometimes the moment is so intense that all of your senses become engrossed in it... you're not even really thinking? And it'll leave such an imprint in your memory because that's how intense it was and 20 years down the road you'll remember vividly... that time you stood on the edge of the cliff facing nature, that time you first kissed your true love passionately, that time you were driving down the highway and that song was playing and the sun was setting over the horizon, etc. It's kinda hard to explain and probably sounds really lame, but that's what this kinda makes me think of.

Paint_It_Black
07-04-2006, 07:14 AM
I made a mistake - this probably wasn't a good idea to post, but it seemed good at the moment.

It wasn't a mistake at all, but I'm sure you actually know that. It sounds like you are a student of humanity. A person happy to be alive just watching the world unfold around you. There can be some loneliness to that, a sense of isolation that comes from often feeling like an observer, but the rewards can be immense if you are the type of person to appreciate them. And you obviously are.

I'm sorry, everyone - I can't describe what I am thinking adequately, I just wanted to say how much I feel like what I have lived has been truly worth it.

You explained it more than adequately, for those capable of relating to what you feel.

Sunny
07-04-2006, 01:18 PM
personally, i find it quite difficult to discuss "life's beautiful moments" without going into the realm of "long walks on the beach in the sunset" and "nightingales singing in the moonlight", which are precisely the kinds of things that make me cringe.

i'm also having trouble dealing with the concept of "perfection", because it only deals with a very narrow and idealized part of the spectrum of human experience. i don't think we're beautiful, as humans, i don't think our existence is, either, and maybe that's why we desire perfect beauty so desperately.

pursuit of beauty is a great concept... and one that doesn't really speak to me at this point in my life, let alone define my path. i'd much rather substitute the word "beauty" with "experience", because it embraces a much wider range of things, including the most trivial ones.

at the same time, i guess the words "beauty" and "perfection" just irk me to no end, and the moments you're talking about are just ones that make you feel alive, which is, well, a great thing.

i'm rambling and i'm incoherent! :D :D

finally, just to be really crude... as far as the meaning of my existence goes, i live for the sweet everloving fuck of it.

the_GoDdEsS
07-05-2006, 04:33 AM
I don't believe in perfection as a permanent quality in dynamic things. With static things, like pieces of art, I wouldn't talk about perfection either because that's always prone to subjective interpretation. And with the moments of let's call it happiness, treasure them while they last.

Rocky-girl
07-08-2006, 03:54 AM
I don't think about it. I just live. I don't know... And thinking about it killing me...

no_way
07-08-2006, 10:07 AM
I don't believe in perfection as a permanent quality in dynamic things. With static things, like pieces of art, I wouldn't talk about perfection either because that's always prone to subjective interpretation. And with the moments of let's call it happiness, treasure them while they last.

Of course, and a human being can perfectly apreciate beauty, but I don't think any human being is perfect enough to consider something "perfect", subjective interpretations destroy perfection, and since there's always been subective interpretation, I don't think perfection ever existed, at lest since the human being was created.

Rocky-girl
07-08-2006, 11:47 AM
I was thinking about it all day long and now I think that I live for making myself better.

killer_queen
07-08-2006, 12:43 PM
I was thinking about it all day long and now I think that I live for making myself better.
Which is not so good for yourself, I think. Some people are just trying to get better and better everyday but never think about living better moments. If you just spend your time for making yourself better you might get obsessed about it and even become one of those crazy people who just think about themselves.

Okay, I exaggerated a little. What I'm trying to say is you don't need to live for making yourself better. It would be okay for some other people but you're pretty cool, smart and sweet. There are much more things to live for.

Paint_It_Black
07-08-2006, 12:56 PM
Gulsah, I don't agree. Generally wanting to improve yourself is an admirable goal for everybody, no matter how great you might already be.

the_GoDdEsS
07-08-2006, 01:01 PM
I like how Tanichka put it. I usually call it self-development because it's a more sophisticated cover word for me. But it's basically what she said.

killer_queen
07-08-2006, 01:02 PM
I'm not against getting better. I just think living for getting better is not a good idea.

Rocky-girl
07-08-2006, 01:04 PM
May be I'm utopist, but I think that if everybody will start to think about themselfs world will die. I can't change people around me, but I can change myself a little. I wish everybody understand this, but I think that it's impossible.

the_GoDdEsS
07-08-2006, 01:11 PM
I'm not against getting better. I just think living for getting better is not a good idea.

If it's unecessarily pressuring yourself into something you aren't.