PDA

View Full Version : is it just me or...

Human
07-04-2006, 11:10 PM
are the majority of fireworks green and red? I've noticed this ever since I can remember and always wondered why. And every fourth my family goes somewhere different for fireworks, but why is it that the preferred combination of colors in fireworks is green and red, when it should be blue and red or something like that? Its Independence Day! Not Christmas g-ddamit. Also, why is it that purple is like, the least used color in fireworks? its weird...

0r4ng3
07-04-2006, 11:12 PM
Colors have to do with the chemicals (or was it minerals?) they use for the fireworks. The reason one color is used more than another is because the mineral associated with it is more common/less expensive.

I went to a fireworks show yesterday, I say mostly red and yellow, not so much green, some orange, and less purple.

Marco
07-04-2006, 11:18 PM
Colors have to do with the chemicals (or was it minerals?) they use for the fireworks. The reason one color is used more than another is because the mineral associated with it is more common/less expensive.

I went to a fireworks show yesterday, I say mostly red and yellow, not so much green, some orange, and less purple.
As I know NOTHING about it probably you're right.

Human
07-04-2006, 11:22 PM
but the combinations..they didn't have to do red and green! they could have done red and that other color..or, you know?

Marco
07-04-2006, 11:49 PM
No. But they surely should have changed them for the Independence Day