PDA

View Full Version : what should i do?

sanjo
07-05-2006, 09:27 PM
okay i am a diehard rock fan and bassist..my favorite bands are DOORS and Creedence...but theres a problem..

people usually think i am not a "rocker" if you will..or a rock listener 4 that matter..
they think i listen 2 rap/hiphop and all that other music which dosnt appeal 2 me...

they see me and think i'm a rap fan because im hispanic i guess..

but i cant grow my hair out..thus showing im a rock kind of guy..

i wear the band tees.. but idk what should i do i dont waNNA BE A POSER OR ANYTHING YOU KNOW

DeAtHsTaR
07-05-2006, 09:33 PM
Tell them "I'm a rocker through and through. Here's a list of my favorite bands: AC/DC, Van Halen, not Van Hagar, Skynyrd, Def Leppard... "

0r4ng3
07-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Don't worry about what people think you listen to, and just continue to like your music. The second that you worry about what people think of you, that's when you become a poser.

opivy21
07-05-2006, 09:37 PM
Don't do anything. It's sounds corny, and it is, but seriously, just listen to your music and worry about how you look.

Tizzalicious
07-05-2006, 10:41 PM
Why do you care about what they think you listen to in the first place?

Mota Boy
07-06-2006, 12:42 AM
The more you try to fit an image, the worse off you'll look. People definately respond to superficial cues to form initial opinions about someone, but ultimately they like people who are confident in themselves and their opinions. And while you certainly seem confident in your opinions, going out of your way to convince others just ain't the way to go about it. Eventually, people will discover who you are for themselves - forcing it on them is just lame.

the_GoDdEsS
07-06-2006, 06:44 AM
Why do you want to fit a certain image?

And end up like the mediocre with their interest groups?

Does your style define you only?

Does what people think make you insecure?

Is it really important how you are viewed by people you don't care about?

I wish teens would grow out of that faster. They all want to be such independent and cool adults making their own decisions. While they miss the essential part.

And yeah, your post was stupid and insecure.

nieh
07-06-2006, 08:21 AM
I'm a rocker. I rock out.

Endymion
07-06-2006, 08:23 AM
pull the trigger.

Marco
07-06-2006, 10:07 AM
okay i am a diehard rock fan and bassist..my favorite bands are DOORS and Creedence...but theres a problem..

people usually think i am not a "rocker" if you will..or a rock listener 4 that matter..
they think i listen 2 rap/hiphop and all that other music which dosnt appeal 2 me...

they see me and think i'm a rap fan because im hispanic i guess..

but i cant grow my hair out..thus showing im a rock kind of guy..

i wear the band tees.. but idk what should i do i dont waNNA BE A POSER OR ANYTHING YOU KNOW
Want an advice? Listen to the song "Smash" by The Offspring

no_way
07-06-2006, 11:23 AM
How I hate it when people care so much about being cool in front of everyone else. You are who you are, if other people cannot see that you shouldn't care about it, care about what YOU think about yourself, or abour what real friends or people that matter think about you.

I wish teens would grow out of that faster. They all want to be such independent and cool adults making their own decisions. While they miss the essential part.
Wanting to be independient has nothing to do with what this kid is talking about. I'm not a random teenager but I don't feel that way about life right now.

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-06-2006, 03:05 PM
Want an advice? Listen to the song "Smash" by The Offspring

This made me deleriously happy.

And it's right, too. Don't be a trendy asshole. Do what you want. Do what you feel like!