PDA

View Full Version : Auf Wiedersehen -- Make it Work! Project Runway starts in a Week!

- -Lauren- -
07-05-2006, 10:29 PM
So, who else here is a fan of Project Runway? The new season starts in a week.

I wonder if it will be more or less exciting than Season Two. I miss Santino and Andrae. And the scheme with Santino imitating Tim Gunn and making up a story about them going to Red Lobster.

"Daniel Franco, where did you go?"

Discuss past seasons, or your excitement for the new one to begin.

Rag Doll
07-05-2006, 10:31 PM
I watched the first season and loved it. Unfortunately, I kept forgetting the second season was on and therefore never watched it. And I'll be out of the country for the start of this season. It's a great show though. What happened to the guy that won the first season?

- -Lauren- -
07-05-2006, 10:34 PM
Jay? They had a one-hour-special called Project Jay sometime during the second season. Unfortunately, I wasn't aware of PR during the first season :( and one day I was flipping channels while on my bed suffering from shin splits and I saw the runway footage. I was officially addicted. I watched about 5 episodes that day.

You really missed out, but on Sunday they have a marathon of Season One. I think I'll watch.

You really missed the second season though, it was amazing. Some of the contestants were so talented, but in the end I thought Daniel Vosovic should have won. But yet still glad Chloe won.

Actually at bravotv.com right now you can buy some of her stuff...

- -Lauren- -
07-05-2006, 11:45 PM
What? NO MORE PR FANS?

Sunny needs to get on, lyke now. So she can join the PR discussion.

Sunny
07-06-2006, 05:51 AM
here i am =p

i started watching PR from the day it came out, because everyone was like "omg a show that's filmed at parsons".. so i had to.. and i got hooked. it's like crack.

i really don't like heidi, though, she annoys me. i don't know why. pew.

tim.. he's a character. he's so design schooley! ;/ i kinda like it, strangely.

i LOVED jay from the start because he reminds me of a friend of mine (also a fashion person) and he's so damn funny. and his stuff is good. <3 <3 <3 jay.

the best part of season two was the thing between santino and michael kors. just.. simply.. amazing. i hate michael kors and think he's a stupid talentless cunt with a huge ego, so, yay, santino.

i'm happy chloe won though, she was adorable and had good designs. :]

and i love how they're promoting parsons on the show. by "love" i mean "laugh at, hysterically".

and i said i wouldn't watch it over the summer, but damn, i'm glad i'll be back in ny in time for season three to start. *addict*

- -Lauren- -
07-06-2006, 01:31 PM
It is addicting, and you're completely and totally correct: it is like crack. Santino...was just hilarious beyond all levels. "Andrae, don't go crying to the bathroom whenever we have a little tiff!"

And on the first episode when Andrae was down to the bottom two and he sat there crying for 10 minutes? Wow, what great times. You get so addicted to the show, that it's almost like you know the people. Like "NO! I can't believe _____ just did that!"

Where the HELL is my chiffon?!?!?!

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-06-2006, 04:09 PM
Reality show? Pass.

- -Lauren- -
07-06-2006, 04:13 PM
Reality show? Pass.

It's a FASHION reality show! They have to go through challenges and make whatever clothes the challenge requires them to make. If they don't step up to standard, they get kicked off the show.

The winner gets $100,000 to start their own fashion line and a car.
It's very addicting.

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-06-2006, 04:13 PM
*shoots self in the face*

Sunny
07-06-2006, 04:21 PM
a show that depicts people solving creative problems and working on stuff hands-on > 90% of the mind-numbing shit people call tv.

but then, of course, you need to have some appreciation of fashion design to enjoy stuff like that.

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-06-2006, 04:23 PM
Agreed. I couldn't possibly watch it because fashion doesn't interest me.

And at the end of the day, it's still a reality TV show. It might be good for them to really be working, but that doesn't mean the quality of the show is any better.

Sunny
07-06-2006, 04:26 PM
well, i mean, have you sat through it? it might be hard to judge quality of something you've never seen that also deals with something that doesn't interest you.

personally, i'm not a fan of reality tv, but it's an exceptionally well-made, high quality show... at least in my opinion.

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-06-2006, 04:27 PM
Well, true. But I mean, in general terms, the aspect they're dealing with might be very worthwhile - Big Brother started as a social experiment - but enh. In terms of educational, I wouldn't call any reality show "quality" entertainment.

Now if they did one about footwear and called it a Reality Shoe.. I could go for that.

Sunny
07-06-2006, 04:42 PM
i think there's reality shows and reality shows. i mean, one kind is where you get a bunch of morons, lock them up and watch them fight over idiotic shit... but there's also stuff that, while not being fictional, doesn't have the usual, base voyeuristic appeal of reality tv, and actually has well thought out, informative content.

(wow, that was a run-on)

for example, you have big brother (typical reality show). then you have idol, a talent show. then you have project runway, a contest between creatives. then you have extreme makeover, a show just about plastic surgery. aaand then you have weird little shows about one person opening their own restaurant on the food network. essentially, by definition, they are *all* reality tv, but i take issue with putting them all in the same category.

to me, actually seeing the design process and hearing industry professionals critique the work is on a different level than night vision footage of some big brother skank taking a shower.

Sunny
07-12-2006, 05:11 AM
this is SO LAME; i got it as a bulletin on myspace:

So...
Parsons has been associated with "Project Runway" and that's great n' all but what about others who are studying at Parsons?? No offense fashion students...

Tim Gunn and New School Prez Bob Kerrey will be doing intermitten promos in between commercial breaks letting the viewers know that we are more than "Project Runway." Personally, I LOVE "PR" but this is the best PR because we can have more of a voice!

As The Art Directors Club of Parsons it is our goal to bridge the gap between departments, so this is great. Thank God they decided to show that we are MORE than just "Project Runway!"

oh nos!

- -Lauren- -
08-23-2006, 02:45 PM
So, the show's been on for over a month now. What do you guys think of the newest season.

I <3 KAYNE AND JEFFERY.

Kayne and Robert (the little southern belles) are freaking adorable and hilarious.

Alison should not have gone home last week. Vincent hasn't made anything decent (a basket? WTF?), whereas Alison has. Hopefully they'll get him a straight jacket, and he'll get the Auf Wiedersehen on tonight's episode.

Sunny
08-23-2006, 09:16 PM
oh man.

ok, i hate angela. HATE HATE HATE. she made ONE decent dress, and everything else looks like deformed crap with lots of rosettes on it. christ, woman, get a clue.

i agree that alison shouldn't have gone home. vincent is a nutjob who wouldn't know fashion if it hit him in the face. i'm sure they're only keeping him on the show for entertainment value. the crazy stuff he comes up with is beyond ridiculous.

laura is exactly like my friend anastasia, only older, with her design stuff and hatred of dogs and all. hm. i'm not sure if i like her. :/

uli pwnz, as doess kayne. and jeffrey. woo.

RickyCrack
08-23-2006, 09:34 PM
Danny V totally should've won last season, totally.

- -Lauren- -
09-01-2006, 09:04 PM
(Wow, cool forum pages. Haven't been on in over a week.)

Daniel V was quite teh awesomeness.

Uli, Kayne, and Jeffrey are THE HAWT SCHTUFF. Jeffrey finally won a challenge, and Kayne got to stay! Hallelujah!

I liked Angela at first but then...she got on my nerves. Trying to kick Jeffrey off? Whut teh fcuk?

Wow...6 contestants left...I wonder who will make it to the final three...

Sunny
09-01-2006, 10:35 PM
i'm sooo glad jeffrey won and angela got kicked out. omg. angela's rosettes were starting to drive me crazy. jesus. wtf was she thinking? jeffrey's right, she's not a designer, she's an artsy craftsy macaroni gluer =p

i wonder who will win. and i love how they took them to parsons paris.. and how it's all nicer than parsons nyc... rofl.

Rag Doll
09-01-2006, 10:52 PM
i watched a marathon the other day, but i'm still behind in the episodes. but omg kayne = love.

- -Lauren- -
09-07-2006, 05:12 PM
Kayne WILL win the fan favorite. I can just tell, because everyone seems to LOVE him.

Jeffrey ftw! 2 challenges in a row! With immunity!

I practically prayed to god that Kayne would survive the last challenge. He's so funny and such a wonderful designer!

Vincent...so glad he's gone! His bottom fabric of his so called "couture" dress looked like curtains. That means Jia will be gone too!

Jia is the ugliest model by far. She's very homely and boring looking.

Sunny
09-07-2006, 09:32 PM
amanda is my favorite model. so cute <3

Rag Doll
09-07-2006, 09:59 PM
i was a little sad for Vincent =\. he wasnt the best designer...but meh.