PDA

View Full Version : North Korean Missle Crisis

Dude From Dudetown
07-06-2006, 09:09 AM
Do you think this will cause more trouble in the USA? George W. Bush said that he wanted other countries to get involved in this, to tell North Korea to stop or something like that, You see, they are launching nuclear missle tests, and these missle are capable of reaching the west coast of the USA. What do you think will happen, if anything at all?

Paint_It_Black
07-06-2006, 09:30 AM
I don't like North Korea having those missiles, but I think the fuss over it just shows how sheltered Americans are. There's no reason to panic just because someone possibly has missiles that could reach you. Just because they maybe could, doesn't mean they will. Even if they launched missiles at us, my guess is we'd have a good chance of intercepting them.

An interesting question is, does North Korea have the right to possess those missiles? Well, in a sense they have the same right as anyone else. Do we have the right to use all means at our disposal to stop them having these missiles? Only if we admit that "might makes right". And you know what, I'd be fairly comfortable with that. If America wants to continue to police the world, I'd much rather they admit they're doing it just because they're strong, and they can. I'm really tired of America always taking the moral highground.

Edit: It will also be a convenient reason to further increase military spending. And anything that makes the American public nervous is good for this administration.

Dude From Dudetown
07-06-2006, 09:42 AM
On the news it showed protests from North Korea. Also, i think we have the right t stop them ONLY if there is a good chance of getting the country blown up. I don't like how Bush wants other countried to get invloved, I think that could start something.

http://www.midhudsonnews.com/News/NK_reps-06Jul06.htm

Here, on this article, it says that countried could get with one another.

wheelchairman
07-06-2006, 09:42 AM
North Korea won't ever hurt the USA. Why? Because the USA sends a shitload of food and stuff to the DPRK (North Korea.)

Dude From Dudetown
07-06-2006, 09:47 AM
North Korea won't ever hurt the USA. Why? Because the USA sends a shitload of food and stuff to the DPRK (North Korea.)

True, they wouldn't PURPOSLEY hurt the USA, but the US is afraid that during thier missle tests, the missle could reach all to wat to the American West Coast.

Rag Doll
07-06-2006, 10:17 AM
And the missile they thought could hit the west coast of the US broke up over the sea of japan. Pretty far from hitting any part of the US. I'm not really too worried about it. I'm only worried about how Bush is going to use this to freak everyone out more and create more hysteria. Definitely not needed.

Dude From Dudetown
07-06-2006, 10:25 AM
And the missile they thought could hit the west coast of the US broke up over the sea of japan. Pretty far from hitting any part of the US. I'm not really too worried about it. I'm only worried about how Bush is going to use this to freak everyone out more and create more hysteria. Definitely not needed.

I agree with you there about that the biggest part is defianetley the hysteria by Bush and getting other countries invlolved is bad in my opinion.

leibstandarte109
07-06-2006, 10:55 AM
We've lived in existence with a far more powerful nation with far more nuclear weapons than North Korea for decades now- the USSR and the Russia that followed it. Not even the North Koreans fail to understand what would happen if they provoked us.

Getting all the other nations to back us up is merely a pretense. We went into Iraq without UN approval, what's stopping us from doing the same to North Korea?

If we do take military action, it would have to be a strictly air war. We simply lack the troops to invade NK on the ground.

Jakebert
07-06-2006, 11:05 AM

His reaction/comments about all of this don't seem as doom and gloom as they were about Iraq and Iran.

Sunny
07-06-2006, 11:40 AM
I'm only worried about how Bush is going to use this to freak everyone out more and create more hysteria.

he has to distract people from all the other stuff that's going on, doesn't he? =/

Rag Doll
07-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Jakebert - to be honest, i haven't been watching the news much in the past few days. however, he still considers North Korea part of the Axis of Evil. i'm sure he'll make stronger comments as time passes. especially if North Korea doesn't do what he wants them to do.

Sunny - i know. i should be more understanding. bad sam! *smacks own hand* =\

jacknife737
07-06-2006, 01:09 PM
Reagan was right it is now clear that we have to build giant fricken laser guns in space to shoot down these commie missiles.

notoriousdoc
07-06-2006, 01:47 PM
LOL letz kil dem commie motherfukers ROFLMAO!!!11

I have a fear of midgets though, so all my views on such a subject are clouded.

wheelchairman
07-06-2006, 02:12 PM
True, they wouldn't PURPOSLEY hurt the USA, but the US is afraid that during thier missle tests, the missle could reach all to wat to the American West Coast.
What are you, stupid? North Korean technology may not be top line. But a miscalculation of a test nuke accidentally hitting the US is retarded. Besides they have *much* closer enemies, not to mention much closer US troops.

It's rather simple, the North Korean/South Korean dispute will never be resolved because both sides have leaderships that are thriving off the dispute itself. If it weren't for the military, NK's economy would function on a much more pathetic level.

Leibstandarte, think about it a sec. The US did go into Iraq. What's stopping them from going into NK? Fucking nukes would be a good answer. It's much cheaper to shove food in their direction than it is to provoke them into a war which would only be a sequel to a war that people barely remember (except MASH fans.)

Jakebert
07-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Jakebert - to be honest, i haven't been watching the news much in the past few days. however, he still considers North Korea part of the Axis of Evil. i'm sure he'll make stronger comments as time passes. especially if North Korea doesn't do what he wants them to do.

I don't doubt that he'll get there, but as of now he seems a lot more restrained. I think that's the word I'm looking for, but it doesn't sound right.

Dude From Dudetown
07-06-2006, 04:02 PM
What are you, stupid? North Korean technology may not be top line. But a miscalculation of a test nuke accidentally hitting the US is retarded. Besides they have *much* closer enemies, not to mention much closer US troops.

It's rather simple, the North Korean/South Korean dispute will never be resolved because both sides have leaderships that are thriving off the dispute itself. If it weren't for the military, NK's economy would function on a much more pathetic level.

Leibstandarte, think about it a sec. The US did go into Iraq. What's stopping them from going into NK? Fucking nukes would be a good answer. It's much cheaper to shove food in their direction than it is to provoke them into a war which would only be a sequel to a war that people barely remember (except MASH fans.)

Whoa, I'm not saying it, I'm saying what the U.S Goverment and all the news channes are saying.

wheelchairman
07-06-2006, 04:36 PM
Whoa, I'm not saying it, I'm saying what the U.S Goverment and all the news channes are saying.
No, you first said it as your own opinion. Then when I called you on it, you copped out saying that you heard it on the news and from the government. Next time, don't take the news and the government on their word. Sounds paranoid I know, but that is really ridiculous.

Jakebert
07-06-2006, 07:12 PM
No, you first said it as your own opinion. Then when I called you on it, you copped out saying that you heard it on the news and from the government. Next time, don't take the news and the government on their word. Sounds paranoid I know, but that is really ridiculous.

The funny thing abotu him saying that is that news channels were only really saying that for about a day, then most of them corrected themselves.

Dude From Dudetown
07-07-2006, 09:36 AM
Oh yeah, I see you're right, sorry.

T-6005
07-07-2006, 12:12 PM
oh noez, zomg missles!

Satanic_Surfer
07-07-2006, 10:08 PM
Wheely, there is no proof of that North Korea would have nuclear weapons. And yes, there are bigger reasons for the USA not to invade North Korea, other than their possible weapons.

American corporations (what we know - is the main power) have huge interests in producing as much they can, in China, as that's the cheapest way they can get. China is an ally of North Korea and would certainly not allow the US to invade them!

Japan and South Korea who stand on the US side in political conflicts, has made clear that they will not allow the US to invade North Korea either as they certainly dont want to be draged in to armed conflicts. Especially not as North Korea has the biggest army of the world.

The US have a strathegical need of keeping their millitary bases in that area and cannot justify an invasion on that they wanna solve the North/South Korea conflict. Those two countries are still in war as South Korea were stated by USA and North by Soviet, and no peace were ever claimed between NK/SK nor USA/Soviet. South Korea's president Koh has made clear that he wants to solve the conflict in a peaceful way.

The main reason for USA not to invade North Korea is that they certainly would not want to see Japan and South Korea have any chance in uniting together, especially not against USA. And no western country's government would like to see China block the trade with USA. It's a question about pure profit, not human lifes.

wheelchairman
07-07-2006, 10:34 PM
Wheely, there is no proof of that North Korea would have nuclear weapons.
Because you haven't personally seen them?

Satanic_Surfer
07-07-2006, 10:57 PM
I havent ever for what i know, personally seen a North Korean in the first place. There are theories though that Kim Jong II acts like as if he would have had nuclear weapons. What we know is that he has exchanged long range missils to uranium. But it's doubtful if North Korea has the abillity to make nuclear weapons out of it.

Outerbands
07-08-2006, 10:24 AM
Wheely, there is no proof of that North Korea would have nuclear weapons.

In a roundtable discussion with the United States and China in Beijing on April 24, 2003, North Korean officials admitted for the first time that they possessed nuclear weapon

Source: Federation of American Scientists (http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/dprk/nuke/index.html)

Satanic_Surfer
07-08-2006, 04:01 PM
Slow reaction, Outer? All im saying is that there is a theory that they dont actually have them. They have never shown any of them and different people believe they might act as if they would've had em, even they dont. To win political scores as they have a huge army otherwise.

pathfinder
07-09-2006, 02:16 AM
Even if they would have nuke's.
NK would never fire them against any country, neither would the US.
Because they know that if they would the whole world would turn against them.

you cannot fire a nuke now a days without affecting other country's close by.

Satanic_Surfer
07-10-2006, 05:22 PM
Well... North Korea aint really a respectful country, their government has broken every single deal with UN or any other organisation, ever. NK are very random, you never know what they might do. Thats the thing with dictatorships, there's no power to strive for, that they end up fucking with others...

wheelchairman
07-11-2006, 03:14 AM
If I was afraid of invasion, I would also act completely insane, and then tell people that I had nukes too.