PDA

View Full Version : Live In The Tragic Kingdom

justa714grl
07-07-2006, 04:02 PM
whats up everyone,
so No Doubt havent been making..well..good music for a few years now but i was a pretty big fan of them in the early days. anyways, i got a copy of the new dvd at my work at umg and i love it. it just reminds me of when i first heard them and how much fun they were live, cause this dvd is just them performing songs from tragic kingdom and before, which in my opinion was their prime. the dvd is cool to watch and id recommend to anyone who used to like them. any of you guys already bought yourself a copy, and what do you think of it?

dont give me no crap
07-08-2006, 01:31 AM
=O

Tragic Kingdom is one of the best albums ever. However I doubt people are going to want to talk about No Doubt on a punk forum. Well, except for me, cuz I'm not a very hardcore punk fan and would probably get killed in a mosh pit.

Hell, at least I can admit it.

Tizzalicious
07-08-2006, 01:42 AM
There are enough people on here who don't like punk.

I like No Doubt, the newer stuff too. I don't have the DVD though.

JoY
07-08-2006, 04:09 AM
No Doubt in their Tragic Kingdom days kicked major ass. I adore that album & never get sick of it. this topic just got me very interested. DVD? maybe I should check it out.

IAmARevenant
07-09-2006, 01:49 PM
IMO no doubt doesn't make any good music.
no doubt is not punk. no doubt never was punk. no doubt will never be punk.

0r4ng3
07-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Who said they were punk?

Edit: OK, maybe it's been mentioned that they are punk. Whatever.

coke_a_holic
07-09-2006, 03:36 PM
They owned when they played ska, Revenant. They aren't punk, but that doesn't mean they aren't good, you elitist prick.

JohnnyNemesis
07-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Stop acting like Revanant is human.

Also, I hate plenty of No Doubt stuff, but there's some exceptionally good shit on Tragic Kingdom, "Sixteen" being my favorite.

0r4ng3
07-09-2006, 03:53 PM
They owned when they played ska, Revenant. They aren't punk, but that doesn't mean they aren't good, you elitist prick.
Yeah, that's what I was getting at.

IAmARevenant
07-09-2006, 06:30 PM
I just always hear people call them punk, and I wanna get the record straight that the're NOT.
JohnnyNemesis is right, I'm not human. I'm a motherfuckin zombie, dammit. Look up what the word revenant means, you little maggots. :D

JohnnyNemesis
07-09-2006, 06:34 PM
I just always hear people call them punk, and I wanna get the record straight that the're NOT.

No one gives a shit about what YOU hear OTHER people call them, so there is no reason to set the record straight among people who DON'T FUCKING CARE.

Tizzalicious
07-09-2006, 11:48 PM
Of course they aren't punk. Thank God.

Being punk doesn't make something good music. In fact, it does the opposite most of the time.

IAmARevenant
07-10-2006, 09:01 AM
No one gives a shit about what YOU hear OTHER people call them, so there is no reason to set the record straight among people who DON'T FUCKING CARE.
Jeez, calm the fuck down.

coke_a_holic
07-10-2006, 09:10 AM
He's not the one raving about how only things that are punk are good.

Before you try to bullshit your way out of it:

You said,
1. They didn't make any good music.
2. They aren't punk.
3. They were never punk.
4. They will never be punk.

You did not claim in anyway that they didn't make any good music AND that they weren't punk, it came out as "they don't make any good music because they aren't punk." Your message was clear as the day, so don't try to weasel out of it.

IAmARevenant
07-10-2006, 11:52 PM
He's not the one raving about how only things that are punk are good.

Before you try to bullshit your way out of it:

You said,
1. They didn't make any good music.
2. They aren't punk.
3. They were never punk.
4. They will never be punk.

You did not claim in anyway that they didn't make any good music AND that they weren't punk, it came out as "they don't make any good music because they aren't punk." Your message was clear as the day, so don't try to weasel out of it.

What the hell is this? You obviously didn't read my message correctly. I didn't once say that no doubt isn't good because they're not punk. I'm more open minded than that. no doubt isn't good because their music sucks.
Oh, and look back on my post and see if you notice a little thing in the beggining that portrays the letters I, and M, and O. It stands for In My Opinion, stupid.

coke_a_holic
07-10-2006, 11:55 PM
You backed up your statement by claiming they weren't punk.

JohnnyNemesis
07-11-2006, 06:05 AM
blah blah blah

Shut the fuck up.