PDA

View Full Version : Want to make band

lightning
07-08-2006, 08:33 AM
I want to make a band. It sounds fun. I don't play an instroument. I could be a lead singer, but I want to play the bass.

Fly White Guy
07-08-2006, 08:55 AM
Umm, for me bass and vocals are kinda hard at the same time. I guess if you're gonna do both, just practice the song you're doing, a ton of times, until you can play it almost without thinking about it. Then worry about the vocals.

no_way
07-08-2006, 10:16 AM
Go ahead, as long as you don't start taking it so seriously. Though I must warn you, it's not always that simple, it can be frustraiting. The only thing I can tell you, practice makes perfection, and chill out, enjoy the ride. Bass and voice are not always the best together, but it's good if you learn to have a good coordination.

killer_queen
07-08-2006, 10:48 AM
So? What are you waiting for? Go and get a bass and spend your whole time to learn how to play it. Search for bandmates. If you really want to have a band what you need is less talking and more action.

mrconeman
07-08-2006, 11:11 AM
Dont expect to be good right away, and dont expect band members to fall out of the sky. And if/when you do get good, and get a full band, never expect it too be easy.

Being in a band is probably the most fun thing I've ever done, but it has its frustrating moments.

dexguitar
07-09-2006, 07:04 AM
Listen here, you all t---s!!! This guy is REALLY ambitious! So don't you frustrate it with all your advices like "bass+vocals means shit"! Beatles, Motorhead, NoFX... i can name even more if you want. All these bands have (or had) a bass player as a frontman AND a singer!!! So i see you're all keen on just playing guitar and singing at the same time, huh? Directly to you, man: go ahead and do what you want - everything will be just fine!

iatemyselfandidied
07-09-2006, 10:26 AM
Take it seriously! You wanna do something? Go for it! Immediately! :mad:
Buy a bass, rock out hard, play all day! everyday! :mad:
Get some friends or other people who aren't wastes of time to play with you! Make sure they're taking it as serious as you! You don't wanna waste your time with a bunch of stoner-fuckups, believe me! :mad:
Ok. Rock out hard! :cool:

mrconeman
07-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Listen here, you all t---s!!! This guy is REALLY ambitious! So don't you frustrate it with all your advices like "bass+vocals means shit"! Beatles, Motorhead, NoFX... i can name even more if you want. All these bands have (or had) a bass player as a frontman AND a singer!!! So i see you're all keen on just playing guitar and singing at the same time, huh? Directly to you, man: go ahead and do what you want - everything will be just fine!
If you take away this general retardedness, I agree with his point.
Since when has playing bass and singing been either
A. Any harder than doing it with a guitar
B. A Bad Idea
C. Less preferable than doing it with a guitar.

Never, never and yes, never.

pathfinder
07-11-2006, 10:14 AM
I want to make a band. It sounds fun. I don't play an instroument. I could be a lead singer, but I want to play the bass.

First try playing something easy like keyboard.

so you can learn to read notes and stuff.
and then 'if your still into music' try something more difficult. like guitar.
then get some friends and rock out.

good luck

Marco
07-13-2006, 03:43 AM
Just choose trustful people to join you and ALWAYS think of new ideas. Learn first to sing, then ask your band mates to teach you how to play. Believe in what you're doing! Good Luck

noodlesfan
07-13-2006, 08:28 AM
You're going to want to lean how to play an instrument before you start asking people to join you on your musical adventure. Singing is only good if you're a good singer, not if you just want to be in a band but can't play.

sanjo
07-19-2006, 05:50 PM

oh dude u forgot jake bruce (cream)..

and im also starting playing the bass its been a week..if tried singing and bassing..but kinda hard..practice i guess

oh and i need a band 2 man

Wolfmother
07-20-2006, 05:18 AM
hey, lightning i'd tell you i'd play lead guitar in your band but i'm already in one and you live in Malta and i'm not to shure where that is :confused:

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
08-01-2006, 08:21 PM
Being in a band is probably the most fun thing I've ever done, but it has its frustrating moments.

haha, that doesn't get any more true.

opivy21
08-01-2006, 08:51 PM
Well if you want to play bass, then get yourself one and start practicing. And really, there's lots of songs that are easy to play bass and sing at the same time on. Just stay away from Primus for a while. Once you become proficient, look for some other people to play with.

DeAtHsTaR
08-03-2006, 06:19 PM
Yes, play bass. Guitarists are easy to find to play in your band, but drummers and bassists are hard.

bouncingcoles
08-03-2006, 10:35 PM

so sing and play bass