PDA

View Full Version : NY-SOAP Meet-up thingy

nieh
07-08-2006, 01:55 PM
Alright, I'm going to get a hotel booked for Friday-Sunday/Mondayish in the not-too-distant future. Who for sure is going? Should it be until Sunday or Monday? We've got three lined up for the hotel now: me, Sam and Michelle. Rick and sKratch said before that they might come, but I'm not sure if that's changed at all for either of them. I know Sunny + Ninth are going but they're staying at Sunny's. 1565 also said she'd show but she has a place to stay already.

Also, you guys that already have places to stay, what area of the city should I try to get a hotel in so we're not too far? Or should it not really matter?

JohnnyNemesis
07-08-2006, 02:08 PM
I have to remain a question mark for a few reasons, some of which include people not totally liking me, a busy full-time work schedule, and very very limited funds (I'm not living in the Bronx this summer, because I decided to work here...so it actually would be traveling for me).

Triple threat of sadz!

Endymion
07-08-2006, 02:10 PM
arg! i so wanna hang with michelle too =/

teh moneyz!

*fail*

Betty
07-08-2006, 02:19 PM
I was thinking and I actually wouldn't mind spending the day Sunday in the city and doing some exploring and stuff. Might as well make the trip worthwhile... and then leave Monday morning. That could definitely work. But I could leave earlier as well.

Endymion
07-08-2006, 02:20 PM
leave early, come to OC? i can show you the variable temperature scanning laser microscope i use ;p

Betty
07-08-2006, 02:36 PM
Oh baby, how could I resist that?! I get to do training on the SQUID magnetometer on Monday, that's a pretty spiffy instrument to have. And I get to be in charge of the laser. I might actually consider going to Cali if I wasn't so broke.

Endymion
07-08-2006, 02:54 PM
we're getting a four letter acronym thing soon w/ a squid good up to ten tesla and a fancy closed-cycle liquid helium dewar etc for my prof and two others to do stuff with. our current magnetic setup is kinda lame: a huge fucking electromagnet that we just put our cryostat in the middle of the two poles.

Little_Miss_1565
07-08-2006, 05:29 PM
Money's tight on my end, too--I know of a few totally fun and totally free things to do, like free shows. Sunny and I both live near a park..we could always barbecue. :)

Sunny
07-08-2006, 05:34 PM
that sounds like an awesome idea. ;p i <3 the park!

Also, you guys that already have places to stay, what area of the city should I try to get a hotel in so we're not too far? Or should it not really matter?

downtownish manhattan (maybe village, chelsea, union sq, gramercy area) would be ideal, i think.

Betty
07-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Fun and free sounds REALLY good.

nieh
07-09-2006, 08:03 PM
Rick: If you do go, would you most likely be just stopping by for the movie or would you be staying for a day or two?

1565: Barbecue and free shows = yay

Sunny: I'll start checking out those areas shortly. I won't actually reserve the place for a few days. I need my credit card company to send me a new card first so whenever that gets here.

JohnnyNemesis
07-09-2006, 09:46 PM
Rick: If you do go, would you most likely be just stopping by for the movie or would you be staying for a day or two?

I live in the Bronx, so if I went, I'd stay at my own place and just come back to hang out with you folks at random points during the day.

nitropenguin!
07-09-2006, 10:06 PM
arg! i so wanna hang with michelle too =/

teh moneyz!

*fail*
You shouldn't even be thinking about spending your non-existent money on that, you bastard. If you had teh cash you'd be spending it on a trip to Canada, ya heard?

Endymion
07-09-2006, 10:17 PM
you are absolutely correct annique! had i the means, i'd be in sunny canada right this very instant.

Betty
07-10-2006, 10:22 AM
Very smooth Ryan.

And you're my hero Josh. Keep me updated.

Mota Boy
07-10-2006, 11:36 AM
Personally, my cheap date with New York involved a bottle of Yellowtail and Fat Cat's/Small's.

But I don't think BBS meetups are really for clubbin'. Even if it's jazz clubbin'.

Little_Miss_1565
07-10-2006, 11:44 AM
BBS meetups are for rolling around drunk in the grass in the park. Get here!

Mota Boy
07-10-2006, 12:02 PM
BBS meetups are for rolling around drunk in the grass in the park. Get here!
I'll see. I might actually visit someone in Hong Kong right after I finish up here, so I wouldn't get back into the states until the 18th or so. However, if I don't have time for that, I might be in New York for, at the very least, a few hours on the 14th, because there aren't any direct flights from California to Arkansas, but there actually are some from New York to Little Rock.

sKratch
07-10-2006, 12:57 PM
I believe this is what that weekend looks like for me:
SOAP comes out Friday the 18th. On the 19th I have finals for the Ultimate summer league I play in. Later on the 19th I'm going to see 311 playing with The Wailers. Sunday I am probably free. I don't know where me working fits into this because the schedule is made on a weekly basis.

nieh
07-19-2006, 02:19 PM
Bump. Got my card today. Calling on it now.

nieh
07-19-2006, 03:14 PM
Fucking fucks. None of the places actually IN the city give the Cendant discount. Everyplace outside of the city does (Newark, Jamaica, etc.) but not there. Our options appear to be as follows:

A Days Inn at 215 West 94th Street totalling $501.22 for the whole weekend.
Super 8 at 59 West 46th Street totalling $665.97.
Ramada Inn at 34th St. & 8th Ave totalling $602.00.
Off-Soho Suites at 11 Rivington Street totaling $597.
Marriott at 85 West Street totalling $597.

There's also a Days Inn in Brooklyn (437 39th Street) for $478.55 but i'm not sure how close that is to where we were looking. What's everyone's vote so I can reserve this today/tomorrow? Sunny/1565 which of these are closest to you guys?

Michelle/Sam, I'll probably end up needing moneys before we actually get there. My card only has a $550 limit on it and I'd need to send them money ahead of time to have them temporarily raise it.

Sunny
07-19-2006, 03:37 PM
off-soho suites is the closest, subway-wise, i think.

ramada inn works too.

Little_Miss_1565
07-19-2006, 03:52 PM
Off-Soho Suites is way expensive though. Did you try the Howard Johnson on E. Houston St. (pronounced HOW-ston, not Houston like TX)? It was my preferred cheap place to stay before I moved here, and it's right off the Lower East Side/2nd Ave stop on the F/V trains.

nieh
07-19-2006, 03:59 PM
There's no availability that weekend at the Howard Johnson. And the Off Soho place isn't really much more expensive than any other place.

Rag Doll
07-19-2006, 06:24 PM
i really have no preference. i'm just hoping i'm feeling better for that weekend.

if i see you soon, i'll give you the money then. if not, i can send you a check....but i'd rather just give it to you, if possible. we'll talk about that after i talk to my doctor (tomorrow?) though.

Sunny
07-19-2006, 07:38 PM
Off-Soho Suites is way expensive though. Did you try the Howard Johnson on E. Houston St. (pronounced HOW-ston, not Houston like TX)? It was my preferred cheap place to stay before I moved here, and it's right off the Lower East Side/2nd Ave stop on the F/V trains.

aww. that's my old 'hood. <3

Betty
07-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Josh... yeah whatever's closest/cheapest works for me. I'd assume the check in times are all similar? Like I said, I get in at 7AM with all my stuff, so have no clue what I'll be doing all day. I really don't know the area, and a hotel is a hotel is a hotel. $200 for 3 nights is relatively affordable so that's cool.

If you need money I can mail you a cheque... it will be in Canadian funds (which is almost the same now anyway)... which I hope works okay. So just let me know when and where to send it. E-mail, PM, or catch me on MSN. I don't have any money, but I'll make sure to acquire some somehow (that sounds sketchy eh?)

I went to the theatre yesterday and there were Snakes advertisements everywhere! I am very excited!

And we NEED to make sure we get tickets.

Little_Miss_1565
07-19-2006, 10:07 PM
I can put in an order for tickets on Fandango, I think. How many are we?

Mota Boy
07-19-2006, 10:45 PM
Dude, hostels (http://www.hostels.com/en/findabed.php?ChosenCity=New%20York&ChosenCountry=USA).

You can all book a room together for mad cheap. I showed up in Manhattan at 11:00 a.m. on Memorial Day weekend and found a room within three hours for 28 bucks a night. And if you all book the same room, it'll be safe.

nieh
07-20-2006, 05:07 AM
What's the difference between dorms and privates? Or should that be obvious?

Mota Boy
07-20-2006, 09:26 AM
It looks like "privates" are essentially hotel rooms - you book a room, you and your group get that room. With dorms, you expect open seating. I.E. - book a three person private to yourself and you get three beds from which to choose, book a three person dorm and you get two roommates.

But since you're going to have enough people to buy out an entire room (and I'm sure it'd be worth it to go all in on an extra bed if there are an uneven number of y'all), there isn't really a difference. Well, I bet "privates" would be a bit nicer...

The Jazz on Harlem (http://www.hostels.com/en/availability.php/HostelNumber.14303) looks like a damn good option, with a four-person private (with a shared bathroom, one big bed and two bunked beds) for $276 total.

And all you need is an out-of-state drivers license to stay there.

endlesst0m
07-20-2006, 09:43 AM
Alright, I'm going to get a hotel booked for Friday-Sunday/Mondayish in the not-too-distant future. Who for sure is going? Should it be until Sunday or Monday? We've got three lined up for the hotel now: me, Sam and Michelle. Rick and sKratch said before that they might come, but I'm not sure if that's changed at all for either of them. I know Sunny + Ninth are going but they're staying at Sunny's. 1565 also said she'd show but she has a place to stay already.

What the hell? You guys are actually meeting up in person? Do you all happen to live really near each other or something? Because if you don't, than you guys are fucking psychos. It's going to be so awkward.

Mota Boy
07-20-2006, 09:44 AM
Ha, endlesst0m doesn't have any friends, nor is he particularly bright.

Little_Miss_1565
07-20-2006, 11:34 AM
Yup, totally awkward. That's why we're planning to meet up--you know, there's nothing quite like staring at one's shoes and making strained conversation about the weather. Especially when that weather involves snakes in airplanes.

nieh
07-20-2006, 11:39 AM
It's bound to be raining snakes at some point.

Also, I like the hostel idea, I'll look into that more when I get home. What do you think Michelle? Sam is unavailable for the next couple days so it's on you.

coke_a_holic
07-20-2006, 11:40 AM
Because SLJ threw them out of the plane?

nieh
07-20-2006, 11:49 AM
Because SLJ threw them out of the plane?

Exactly.
Or because the snakes actually manage to win and blow up the whole plane, sending snakes flying all over the east coast.

0r4ng3
07-20-2006, 04:24 PM
Hence, the sequel.

Snakes of New York!

nieh
07-20-2006, 07:03 PM
Isn't Harlem a bit far from where we're looking to stay or am I mistaken? It does seem like the best bet though because the only other privates I can find are for just 1-2 people.

Mota Boy
07-20-2006, 08:52 PM
I'm just throwing stuff out there, here's a good place to look (http://www.hostels.com/en/findabed.php?ChosenCity=New%20York&ChosenCountry=United%20States).

Betty
07-21-2006, 12:51 AM
The price of hostels is appealing, and I'm cool with the setup, but I wouldn't want to totally sacrifice the location, because super long travel time isn't really worth it.

Also, I don't know if we'd want to do a group room... one thing is that I'll have stuff with me (probably my laptop, etc.) so I'd want it to be safe. I suppose they have stuff for that too... but yeah... group room is alright except then we couldn't use our room as a hangout place at all.

And I don't know your guys feelings towards bathroom setups.

So basically, I could do either or.

Mota Boy
07-21-2006, 01:44 AM
Also, I don't know if we'd want to do a group room... one thing is that I'll have stuff with me (probably my laptop, etc.) so I'd want it to be safe. I suppose they have stuff for that too... but yeah... group room is alright except then we couldn't use our room as a hangout place at all.
There are three of y'all, right? Why not book an entire four person group room? It'll still be cheaper than a hotel, and just about as secure. And I'm sure you can find closer hostels if you nose around. I just don't know which area you're trying to be near.

Little_Miss_1565
07-21-2006, 11:28 AM
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&q=hostel&near=new+york+city&ie=UTF8&om=1

nieh
07-24-2006, 10:34 AM
http://www.hostelworld.com/availability.php/Swiss1291Hostel-NewYork-5429
This one's closer than the Harlem one but is a bit more money.

sKratch
07-24-2006, 11:35 AM
omg wtf link dump plz

Betty
07-24-2006, 11:38 PM
http://www.hostelworld.com/availability.php/Swiss1291Hostel-NewYork-5429
This one's closer than the Harlem one but is a bit more money.

That one looks really good Josh. I was kinda confused because they explained that they had a 4 bedroom suite but then when you try and book none of them come up. I guess it's an availability issue... but a 3 person mixed dorm came up. Still, $60-$70 per person is a lot better than $200 per person. And the location is great. If you wanna book it, go for it. There's less than a month left so things will probably be getting booked up.

Also, a question... do you think it would be better to catch a leaving flight on Monday from Newark or La Guardia in terms of ease of getting to the airport?

nieh
07-25-2006, 05:05 AM
I'll book that place today then. And I'm not sure which one would be easier to get to. I don't have anything specifically planned for Monday so if you need a ride I could take you to either one. It shouldn't be a problem.

Little_Miss_1565
07-25-2006, 07:46 AM
Also, a question... do you think it would be better to catch a leaving flight on Monday from Newark or La Guardia in terms of ease of getting to the airport?

You can use public transport to get to either airport, but I think La Guardia is cheaper to get to. It's still like 6 bucks for the airtrain to the terminals, but not on top of a $12 NJ Transit ride.

nieh
07-25-2006, 08:10 AM
You can use public transport to get to either airport, but I think La Guardia is cheaper to get to. It's still like 6 bucks for the airtrain to the terminals, but not on top of a $12 NJ Transit ride.

Penn Station to the Newark airport shouldn't be that much, should it? I used to take the NJ transit trains from Hamilton to Penn Station for like $20 round trip and the airport was I think the last stop along the way.

Little_Miss_1565
07-25-2006, 08:13 AM
Penn Station to the Newark airport shouldn't be that much, should it? I used to take the NJ transit trains from Hamilton to Penn Station for like $20 round trip and the airport was I think the last stop along the way.

Newark Airport is either the second or third stop on NJ transit (depending on whether there's a stop at Secaucus), and you actually pay about $16 at the NJ Transit ticket machine to include the AirTrain fare (you keep your ticket and swipe it to get to the terminal trains). And that's one way.

nieh
07-25-2006, 08:20 AM
Bah, that's a ripoff. I h8 NY =,0( Anyway, I'd be willing to take her to either, so she probably won't have to worry about the trains anyway.

Little_Miss_1565
07-25-2006, 10:57 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/allhailme/blogposts/072506_samuelsnakes.jpg

nieh
07-25-2006, 11:08 AM
http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/files/3908/board.gif

Snakes on a Game.

nieh
07-25-2006, 07:08 PM
That last place I posted has no 3-bed rooms available like it says it does. It's trying to make me book 6-bed stuff when I reserve it.

http://www.hostelworld.com/availability.php/ContinentalHostel-NewYork-16165
Has 4 bed privates, is not QUITE as far as Harlem and isn't located in Harlem. It says "Valid Passport & Credit Card Required To Check-In No Exception!! we do not accept nyc residents."

Does that mean me and Sam wouldn't be able to stay there if we don't have our passports? Because I don't think I have a passport.

Betty
07-25-2006, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the possible ride in advance Josh! I'll probably book a flight at like 10 AM or so which should be reasonable.

And I would definitely imagine that that last hostel indeed requires a passport in order to check in. Are there any others? It sucks that there aren't any rooms in that nice sounding one.

Rag Doll
07-25-2006, 11:03 PM
A lot of stuff is booked up. I spent a while tonight looking. There are some things with like...single rooms or double rooms, but not really 3-4 person rooms. I'll keep looking in the morning though.

ninthlayer
07-26-2006, 12:54 AM
You guys need some fucking connectionzzzzzz.
PS: i r drunk.

Little_Miss_1565
07-26-2006, 07:47 AM
WTF at the booked hostel rooms. Is everyone coming in from all over the world for SOAP?

Endymion
07-26-2006, 07:59 AM
*shrug* guess you guys'll just have to come to OC/LA instead...

psst, my bed holds three.

nieh
07-26-2006, 10:27 AM
psst, my bed holds three.

But where will you sleep then?

Also, the place Mota posted in Harlem is starting to look like the best bet to me despite the distance but I know Sam doesn't want to stay in Harlem unless we can't find anything else. Can you guys peak around a little bit? I'm at work til 8 tonight so I won't have much time to dig around for stuff.

Harnum
07-26-2006, 10:41 AM
what does SOAP mean lolz?

Rag Doll
07-26-2006, 11:20 AM
http://www.hostelworld.com/availability.php/BroadwayHotelnHostel-NewYork-16002

bit more expensive than the jazz on harlem...but also seems to maybe be a better area? either way, both are pretty far from where we want to stay.

nieh
07-26-2006, 11:47 AM
http://www.hostelworld.com/availability.php/BroadwayHotelnHostel-NewYork-16002

Due to low availability in this property, the system has selected the next best available room type to accommodate you.

It's making me book an 8-bed room instead of the 4-bed room.

Rag Doll
07-26-2006, 11:58 AM
puh. when i posted it, it was letting me book a 4 person room.

Rag Doll
07-26-2006, 12:23 PM
it's still letting me book a 4 person room for that weekend. maybe it just doesnt like you, josh.

nieh
07-26-2006, 12:28 PM
it's still letting me book a 4 person room for that weekend. maybe it just doesnt like you, josh.

It's evil. I tried it again and it let me book 6 person rooms instead of 8 person rooms. Maybe it holds your spot for a while and doesn't let other people reserve during that time?

Rag Doll
07-26-2006, 12:31 PM
i dont know. maybe it just likes me more than you.

nieh
07-26-2006, 12:34 PM
H8!

Maybe you should re-check some of the other ones where they were telling me they didn't have the rooms available?

Rag Doll
07-26-2006, 12:40 PM
=(

i actually went through the entire list again this morning. most stuff was pretty booked up, especially if we want a 3-4 person room. this was the best thing i found.

nieh
07-26-2006, 02:02 PM
=(

i actually went through the entire list again this morning. most stuff was pretty booked up, especially if we want a 3-4 person room. this was the best thing i found.
It's letting me book the 4 room thing now too. I'll reserve it when I get home unless Michelle is against possibily having to have 1-oddball person share the room with us because she's the one bringing the expensive stuff.

Rag Doll
07-26-2006, 02:08 PM
cant we just book the 4 person thing and pay for 4 people? so then we wouldnt have some random 4th person in our room?

wheelchairman
07-26-2006, 02:20 PM
You'll want it if you do. Besides you never know who'd want to crash on a fourth bed. Or if you want to push two beds together or something. Not that anything like that ever happened at the last meetup.

I truly think it's a pity that you all won't be in the same place. I think that was kind of the magic of Amsterdam, so to speak. That and the chemicals involved. I can't think of a better idea than getting as many of you in the same building as possible. It's of course a matter of price. But if everyone was willing to pay 200 a person. Then going hostel seems to be saving everyone money anyways.

p.s. I want to come too. Fucking Atlantic.

nieh
07-26-2006, 02:26 PM
cant we just book the 4 person thing and pay for 4 people? so then we wouldnt have some random 4th person in our room?

We could do that if we had a private, but that place only has dorms available so I'm not sure if we can do that.

Rag Doll
07-26-2006, 02:38 PM
maybe try calling them and ask if we could do that? i dont think they'd really care as long as they're getting their money.

and Per, I want you to come too =(

*edit* or maybe we cant call them. i cant find a phone number for it. I mean, we could always book for 4 people and then if they say anything when we get there, just tell them the 4th person couldn't come or something and ask if we could have the whole room to ourselves anyways...and just pay for the 4th empty bed.

nieh
07-26-2006, 07:48 PM
But since they're just dorms I don't know if we really have any say as to whether we end up in the same room at all. And since I can't find a # anywhere for this place, I wouldn't want to book it unless everyone was ok with the fact that we might have to deal with an extra person. MICHELLE! We need you!

Rag Doll
07-26-2006, 08:08 PM
eep. i wouldnt particularly wanna end up in all different rooms... =\

Rag Doll
07-26-2006, 10:15 PM
http://www.hostelworld.com/availability.php/AwesomeBedBreakfastBrooklyn-NewYork-11078

more expensive, cause it's a bed & breakfast. it would cost us around $160 each (total) before taxes...but if we pay in advance, we get a 6% discount according to the website for the b&b itself (www.awesome-bed-and-breakfast.com/ ...really slow, as a warning). it's in brooklyn though.

http://www.hotel17ny.com/index.asp

downtown ny. near the east village. has a triple room for $430 total for that weekend.

*shrug* just trying to find more stuff in case nothing else works out.

Betty
07-27-2006, 01:07 AM
Hey guys... sorry I haven't been more helpful... but I've gotten home super late for the past like, 3 days... and have been doing school work/sleeping. And the 3 hours time difference means it's 3AM now for you.

Anyway, anything you find is okay with me. I wouldn't particularly want to end up in separate rooms, but a random person or dorm is OKAY if that's all there is left. Booking 4 beds is a great idea. And even the more expensive places are okay... if I'm paying less than $200 for 3 nights, that should be totally fine. So if you find something, just book it if I haven't answered. As long as you don't say "we couldn't find anything, so we booked a 2 person room" then it's all good.

And Per, I really tried to push the beach house idea but there weren't really any takers. But we're gonna have our own awesome sleepover party. Just like in BBS Sims. And I'm hoping to have some intoxicated misadventures with SOMEBODY at SOME POINT.

HornyPope
07-27-2006, 01:40 AM
I truly think it's a pity that you all won't be in the same place. I think that was kind of the magic of Amsterdam, so to speak. That and the chemicals involved. I can't think of a better idea than getting as many of you in the same building as possible. It's of course a matter of price. But if everyone was willing to pay 200 a person. Then going hostel seems to be saving everyone money anyways.

X2

But all the best wishes.

nieh
07-27-2006, 05:03 AM
http://www.hotel17ny.com/index.asp

I'm liking this one.

Little_Miss_1565
07-27-2006, 08:09 AM
I know, it's too bad we can't all stay in one place. But none of us who live in NY live in a place we have all to ourselves.

Has anyone *called* the hostel to ask if you can book up the beds?

Rag Doll
07-27-2006, 08:33 AM
We can't find a number for it anywhere, 1565.

and Josh, I am too.

nieh
07-27-2006, 08:41 AM
I know, it's too bad we can't all stay in one place. But none of us who live in NY live in a place we have all to ourselves.

Has anyone *called* the hostel to ask if you can book up the beds?

The phone # isn't listed on the site and I wasn't able to find it on whitepages.com, yellowpages.com or on google. I'm thinking that hotel Sam posted is the best thing available now. It's close (17th street) and only $430. Given that most of the hostels that are still available are going to end up costing us close to that if we have to book for 4 people I figure paying an extra $20-30 to get an actual hotel that's right in the area is worth it.

nieh
07-27-2006, 05:51 PM
FYI folks, Sam booked the hotel a little bit ago.

Endymion
07-27-2006, 08:21 PM
y'all gotta call me some day when you're all together. sam and sarah, at a minimum, have my digits.

Little_Miss_1565
07-27-2006, 09:17 PM
It's really happening! YAY!

BTW, Ryan, I lost your number when I lost my phone--text me?

Betty
07-28-2006, 12:54 AM
And I booked my flight home so that I won't be stranded in New York. Woo! It's gonna be a fun weekend.

sKratch
07-28-2006, 01:52 AM
I'm gonna try to convince my GIRLFRIEND to come with me if that's ok. She's a GIRL and she's my GIRLFRIEND and I'm DATING HER. ;x

nieh
07-28-2006, 06:47 AM
I'm gonna try to convince my GIRLFRIEND to come with me if that's ok. She's a GIRL and she's my GIRLFRIEND and I'm DATING HER. ;x

That's so gross!!

Michelle, when/where is your flight leaving?

Betty
07-28-2006, 09:00 AM
10:30am Lga.

Endymion
07-28-2006, 09:00 AM
BTW, Ryan, I lost your number when I lost my phone--text me?
i sent you something last night, did ya get it?

Little_Miss_1565
07-28-2006, 09:13 AM
OK guys, tickets are available on Fandango, I need a final headcount! Skratch, is your gf coming? Nieh, Betty, Sam, me, Sunny, Ricky, anyone else?

EDIT: NM, I think Fandango lied...

EDIT EDIT: Ryan, got your text, I'll meet you in the liberry.

nieh
07-28-2006, 09:22 AM
Nieh, Betty, Sam, me, Sunny, Ricky, anyone else?

Ninth is coming!

Rag Doll
07-28-2006, 09:30 AM
is Ricky definitely coming?

Little_Miss_1565
07-28-2006, 10:16 AM
Well, now i'm glad Fandango lied so we have a chance to get the final count. And then everyone pays me, and we sneak foods into the theater. Teh yayz!

Endymion
07-28-2006, 10:17 AM
you should all dress up as either snakes or planes.

Little_Miss_1565
07-28-2006, 10:19 AM
And then get on eachother?

Endymion
07-28-2006, 10:22 AM
i want to put my snake in your cockpit.

ninthlayer
07-28-2006, 04:24 PM
I'm pro at sneaking food/whatnot into theaters, like, two quarts of chocolate milk, candybars, and a bag of pretzels good.

1565, how could you forget that I'm coming? That hurts inside.

Little_Miss_1565
07-28-2006, 06:22 PM
Chocolate milk? Fuck that, homes. I'm lactose intolerant. JIM BEAM.

Oh, ninthy. I'll massage your prostate so you feel better inside, k?

JohnnyNemesis
07-28-2006, 06:25 PM
is Ricky definitely coming?

Nope, nothing's definite. But we'll see...

ninthlayer
07-28-2006, 07:19 PM
Chocolate milk? Fuck that, homes. I'm lactose intolerant. JIM BEAM.

Oh, ninthy. I'll massage your prostate so you feel better inside, k?
Flasks are easy to sneak into theaters/work/school/family restaurants. I mentioned the milk because it comes in bulky cartons and isn't so easily hidden.

Prostate massage you say? New York is going to be better than I could have imagined.

sKratch
07-28-2006, 08:02 PM
Girlfriend's in California on vacation right now, but I'll talk to her about it. What showtime are we looking around? And what theater?

I work at a theater, and will tell you it is not hard to sneak things in. Ushers can't legally search you for one, and don't get paid enough to give a shit for the most part.

Little_Miss_1565
07-28-2006, 08:29 PM
There are theaters all over the damn place...one right in Union Square near where you're staying, for instance. I was mainly trying to find somewhere that would let me purchase tickets in advance online. In your experience as a theater worker person, this is possible yes?

sKratch
07-28-2006, 08:46 PM
Yeah I'm positive at least Regal lets you buy through Fandango.

Betty
07-28-2006, 09:44 PM
I'm coming. And will pay you for a ticket!

Sunny
07-29-2006, 12:05 AM
regal in union square ftw!

>_>

Little_Miss_1565
07-29-2006, 10:00 PM
Got the tickets for SOAP at the Regal in Union Square, 7:35 pm! 7 total right?

$12.50 each including their silly convenience charge. But no worrying about getting tickets for us!

ninthlayer
07-29-2006, 10:03 PM
Hi, I love you.
SNAKES, ah!

Little_Miss_1565
07-29-2006, 10:15 PM
Friday is in my planner/agenda thing as 'WE GOT MUTHAFUCKIN' SNAKES!' Ricky saw it this morning, he can back me up.

0r4ng3
07-29-2006, 10:17 PM
Wow, I can't believe this movie's coming out in a little more than two weeks.

coke_a_holic
07-30-2006, 01:34 AM
I'm gonna be out of town for the next 3 weeks, but when I get back on the 21st, I'm gonna see SoaP and I'll be sure to check out this thread for the pixxx and stuff. Have fun, I wish I were here to see it as it happened.

ninthlayer
07-30-2006, 03:32 AM
Yo fags, this thread is only for people that are going to motherfucking SNAKES in New York. Take it elsewhere.

0r4ng3
07-30-2006, 07:17 AM
For your information, I am going to see motherfuckin' SNAKES in New York.

...just not at the meetup.

Little_Miss_1565
07-30-2006, 11:39 AM

Fuck you, a-hole. :mad: :mad: :mad: NO MORE HOPE FOR BETTER DAYS

Betty
07-30-2006, 04:08 PM
I saw "Snakes on a Plane," the novel, at the bookstore yesterday.

ninthlayer
07-30-2006, 04:18 PM

You knew what I meant. In the original post I stated "at the meet-up" but decided to omit that part as it was already implied by being in this thread.

...and you bought at least several copies of it, right?

Betty
07-30-2006, 05:36 PM
I can't have the temptation to read it before the movie!!!

... I'm really, really tempted to find a t-shirt though.

ninthlayer
07-30-2006, 05:52 PM
h8 u

Mota Boy
07-30-2006, 10:38 PM
... I'm really, really tempted to find a t-shirt though.
Here (http://topatoco.com/snakes.htm).

http://www.be-clear.org/images/index_r12_c1.gif

Betty
07-30-2006, 11:33 PM
I think I've already chosen this (http://www.cafepress.com/culturevulture.61143319) one.

There were SO many good designs though, it was a tough call.

Other favourites were this (http://www.cafepress.com/culturevulture/1514028) one, or with the same theme this (http://www.cafepress.com/buy/snakes+on+a+plane/-/pv_design_details/pg_4/id_12795464/opt_/fpt_/hlv_t) one. Also I like the "snakes on a mothafuckin' plane" reference but wouldn't want to sport anything too crude so this (http://www.cafepress.com/buy/snakes+on+a+plane/-/pv_design_details/pg_10/id_13233540/opt_/fpt_/hlv_t) was a nice subtle alternative.

sKratch
07-31-2006, 10:58 AM
It's in my Barnes & Noble under the employee suggested section.

nieh
08-05-2006, 11:44 AM
omgz, I just got a phone call from Samuel L. Jackson!

http://snakesonaplane.varitalk.com/

Endymion
08-05-2006, 02:27 PM
sarah sent me one of those last week. fucking. awesome. i nearly shit myself. nearly...

ninthlayer
08-05-2006, 04:29 PM
I did shit my pants when I got the Sammy J call on Wednesday.

sKratch
08-05-2006, 05:47 PM
I feel left out :[
By the way, was I included in the purchased tickets? I'll be going down with you guys on my lonesome.

ninthlayer
08-05-2006, 06:07 PM
sKratch! We will secks, yes we will.

sKratch
08-05-2006, 06:10 PM
Did I say going down with? I meant going down on.

ninthlayer
08-05-2006, 06:13 PM
Yeah, that makes more sense.

Little_Miss_1565
08-05-2006, 08:28 PM
I feel left out :[
By the way, was I included in the purchased tickets? I'll be going down with you guys on my lonesome.

I got 7 tickets...that's all of us, yes?

ninthlayer
08-05-2006, 08:46 PM
ninth
sunny
sKratch
nieh
ragdoll
betty

That it?

sKratch
08-06-2006, 01:19 AM
Awshit our combined lovechild is going to be so vastly superior to everything!

ninthlayer
08-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Something old, but relevant:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b46/penguinfites/wegotmuthafuckinsnakes.jpg

Little_Miss_1565
08-06-2006, 08:24 PM
ninth
sunny
sKratch
nieh
ragdoll
betty

That it?

Fuck, I forgot Ricky. I'll see if I can't swing by the theater--I don't know if there are multiple theaters showing the same time, so I don't want to go Fandango again on this one.

Rag Doll
08-06-2006, 08:26 PM
ricky isnt a definite yet though, is he? or are we getting him a ticket just in case?

Little_Miss_1565
08-06-2006, 08:28 PM
Ricardo, plz to reply and confirm for great justice.

Sam, how you feelin'? Haven't seen you around here in forever.

Rag Doll
08-06-2006, 08:30 PM
i just got out of the hospital yesterday. all i could think was *omgz, i need to be better for snakes on a plane!*

seriously.

Betty
08-13-2006, 02:34 AM
To the SoaP goers:

I guess this is coming up sooner rather than later and I don't know how often I'll get a chance to be online this week so I'd like to get a few details worked out if possible.

I'm traveling alone, and have never been to New York, so any help with finding my way around, etc, would be appreciated. I'm sort of okay at traveling, but it's still a little intimidating...

As I said, I arrive at 6:50 AM Friday morning, JFK airport. Is anybody at all willing to meet up with me in the morning? Maybe not necessarily that early, but at some point? If not, then is anybody willing to meet up at any point during the day? When? Where, etc? If I have no takers, is anybody willing to give me some pointers on the best ways to travel (e.g. if I want to get from the airport to my hotel place to drop off my luggage). I intend to search the Internet for all that stuff, but even giving me a place to start so I know what to look for could cut down some of the time... Please let me know!

nieh
08-13-2006, 07:23 AM
There's no way I'm going to get there early enough to meet you at the airport, but we need to get the hotel before 3 to check-in so we can meet sometime before then. Also, I suggest we all get each other's phone #'s before leaving so we can find each other.

Rag Doll
08-13-2006, 07:28 AM
uh, i dont think you could check in before i get there, Michelle. It's not paid for, it's just held under my name/credit card. I have to pay that day.

Little_Miss_1565
08-13-2006, 08:22 AM
I'd be willing to have a picnic lunch on Friday with anyone who's available to do so. There's a nice little park near where I work that I like to eat lunch in sometimes. Hit me up if you'll be in the city 1-ish, 2-ish, etc. on Friday afternoon and we can discuss the details.

JohnnyNemesis
08-13-2006, 08:42 AM
By the way folks, I won't be able to make it on Friday, but I'm almost sure I can come home to the Bronx on Saturday and hang out with you folks that day if the majority of you are interested!

Betty
08-13-2006, 08:44 AM
uh, i dont think you could check in before i get there, Michelle. It's not paid for, it's just held under my name/credit card. I have to pay that day.

Yeah, of course. But ideally I was thinking maybe I would be able to drop off my bag there beforehand so that I didn't have to spend... 8 hours... wandering the city with a huge bag. So I'm asking them about that.... I'm not really a seasoned hotel-goer, and I know this isn't a super classy one, but I was told most hotels will do that (??)

So... does anyone wanna meet for lunch then? I could hit Sarah up for a picnic... I did get a phone two days ago but I'd still wanna have a vague idea beforehand.

nieh
08-13-2006, 09:34 AM
I'd probably be up for a picnic.

Endymion
08-13-2006, 10:55 AM
I did get a phone two days ago but I'd still wanna have a vague idea beforehand.
omg pm me teh digitz!

sKratch
08-13-2006, 01:02 PM
I'd be ok with a picnic on Friday. I can probably be in the city at least by 2.

ninthlayer
08-13-2006, 02:24 PM
By the way folks, I won't be able to make it on Friday, but I'm almost sure I can come home to the Bronx on Saturday and hang out with you folks that day if the majority of you are interested!
Yes (please).

picnic lunch on Friday
I will confer with my colleague.

PM the digits.

Rag Doll
08-13-2006, 04:49 PM

wtf is this "if"? of course we're interested. psh.

JohnnyNemesis
08-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Well, can't be too sure, y'know?

Either way, I got dibs on sKratch. I'm boning him on sight.

ninthlayer
08-13-2006, 07:17 PM
:( :(

Sunny
08-13-2006, 08:27 PM

you better cum get sum lovin or i'll be SO SAD.

JohnnyNemesis
08-13-2006, 08:54 PM
I'm like, 90% sure I'll be around on Saturday and mayhaps Sunday. I demand luvin' in the form of handshakes and hugs from everyone, WORD.

Rag Doll
08-13-2006, 08:57 PM
just handshakes and hugs? *pouts*

and change that 90% to 100%. or i'll be sad too. so sunny & i will both be sad all because of you =\

JohnnyNemesis
08-13-2006, 08:59 PM
Okay, okay, since yer pullin' my leg...

handshakes, hugs, and oral sex plz & thx evry1, ok? thx2u.

I can give you 93.7% right now, and I hope that works!

ninthlayer
08-13-2006, 09:14 PM
I'm really excited to meet my first black person.

JohnnyNemesis
08-13-2006, 09:16 PM
Glad I can be of [continued] service! I hope all you whiteys keep your granola chewin' and avocado munchin' to a minimum while I'm around, and I'll leave the collard greens and watermelon at home.

ninthlayer
08-13-2006, 09:16 PM
Can you bring some authentic Bronx orange drink?

JohnnyNemesis
08-13-2006, 09:19 PM
HA!!!

I'll be sure to smuggle it in my flask.

ninthlayer
08-13-2006, 09:27 PM
Good idea, I'll pack one of my flasks too and we can be officially creepy (together).

sKratch
08-13-2006, 11:14 PM
Boo Saturday I can't really be around... I've got summer league finals for frisbee (!!!) in Purchase, which is about half an hour or so out of the city (omg come watch my team play). Then Saturday night I'm going to see 311 at Jones Beach. If there's a place for me to crash with you guys Saturday night, I can come hang out after teh concert.

sKratch
08-13-2006, 11:23 PM
If <3 is supposed to represent someone's lower back and ass as if they are taking it doggy style, then yes you will see pictures like that.

SicN Twisted
08-14-2006, 12:26 AM
And I'm hoping to have some intoxicated misadventures with SOMEBODY at SOME POINT.

Get away from the group for awhile, I'll take you on a few intoxicated misadventures.

Betty
08-14-2006, 01:52 AM
Ryan, I'm pretty sure you have my number, y'know, on my regular phone?? Cell phones are for cell phone purposes only, not chatting, way too expensive. I am poor.

Okay. Picnic. Friday. When? Where? Phone? Seriously, I need details, I am a planning freak like that. The rest of the weekend, I don't care. But Friday, I need to know where to be so I can figure out how to get there and hopefully not get lost or in too much trouble in the meantime.

And Stephan, come Saturday night. I am trying to disperse my stamina so that I can last all week and still be ready to go come the weekend.

Ricky. You come too. I'd imagine I can spare a handshake.

Sky, I'm not sure what comment to make on that one, but I'll acknowledge it.

Little_Miss_1565
08-14-2006, 08:18 AM
If we really want to make the picnic thing happen, people who are interested shoudl PM me and I'll give details from there, 'cuz I don't want to go giving these details out on the interweb. Y'know?

I usually take my lunch break around 2 pm-ish.

Anyhoo, I was at Brighton Beach yesterday, and as I was standing in the water, a plane flew by with a very interesting beachgoer advertisement--SNAKES ON A PLANE! Well, actually, it was a badly drawn snake, and then in the SOAP logo font it said 'SNAKES + PLANE = 8.18.06' I LOL'ed mightily. Snakes on a Plane...on a plane!

nieh
08-14-2006, 09:16 AM
SOAPOAP = Yay!

I'm definitely up for the picnic idea. I'll pm you in a little.

sKratch: me, Sam and Michelle have a hotel from Friday-Monday. You can maybe crash with us.

sKratch
08-14-2006, 09:50 AM
If there's not enough room, I can sleep with my dick in someone. Sarah I'll PM you with the quickness!

nieh
08-14-2006, 10:00 AM
You and I can share a bed while the women stay up all night preparing us a wonderful breakfast.

JohnnyNemesis
08-14-2006, 03:50 PM
If there's not enough room, I can sleep with my dick in someone.

Oh, you better believe that's me.

nieh
08-14-2006, 05:11 PM
Michelle: on account of the whole me maybe going to jail thing, I may end up having to bail out on giving you a ride to the airport Monday. My court date is Tuesday 8/22 and my mom is possibly flying down for it. Her flight would be getting here at 8:50am on Monday which means I'd have to be home Sunday night.

JohnnyNemesis
08-16-2006, 12:56 PM
Get away from the group for awhile, I'll take you on a few intoxicated misadventures.

Oh, I forgot to say...

Don't worry. I've got this covered.

Little_Miss_1565
08-16-2006, 03:48 PM

Sky, if you mean to imply by this comment that intoxicated misadventures will not be a part of this weekend, you would be incorrect.

ninthlayer
08-16-2006, 04:08 PM
Isn't that the point of this whole thing? If this turns out to be anything but binge drinking I'm going to cry. I'm not going to spend 12+ hours in transit to sit and stare at people.

sKratch
08-16-2006, 09:21 PM
I can't drink too much Friday night and I don't know how the fuck I'm gonna get down there Saturday night :[

ninthlayer
08-16-2006, 09:30 PM
The internets.

sKratch
08-16-2006, 11:27 PM
There's so many internets to chose from though... I don't wanna get lost :(