PDA

View Full Version : Poison Ivy

coke_a_holic
07-10-2006, 11:53 PM
I went camping last week. Needless to say, I got poison ivy from it. Does anyone here know how to stop the itch without committing suicide? My case of poison ivy has been described as "horrific" and "disgusting" by quite a few different people. I've been told I look like a burn victim and that my legs should just be amputated because there is no hope for remedy. I have the Mount Rushmore of poison ivy boils on my foot and it's turning purple from shoe wearage. I've included pictures to destroy your very wills to live.

Right Leg:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b32/tgkju/Picture20.jpg

Left Leg:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b32/tgkju/Picture21.jpg
If you gag, you win something extra from me. If you have any home remedies that would be extremely cool for you to share. I have some steroids, some cortisone cream, and I've tried the oatmeal bath. I'm dying. :( :(

PS: If you guys don't have any helpful hints, it's still damn cool to have these pictures for you guys to freak out over.

Endymion
07-11-2006, 12:03 AM
could you show more thigh?

sKratch
07-11-2006, 12:06 AM
Sex with a virgin or having someone rub their boner on it.

Fly White Guy
07-11-2006, 12:06 AM
Umm, let warm water run over it, and let it slowly get hotter until you can't stand it. It should help.

Mota Boy
07-11-2006, 12:11 AM
The worst poinson ivy story I heard was from a guy who was sneaking around camp during a game of "Commando" the camp would always put on. He decided to sneak out into a field and cover himself up a tarp, then fell asleep. He said that he "had really tough skin" so he washed himself off with bleach to kill it.

Personally, I wouldn't reccommend it, but here are some other peoples' suggestions (http://www.ehow.com/how_17705_treat-poison-ivy.html).

There's a better website out there, but I can't find it at the moment.

coke_a_holic
07-11-2006, 12:20 AM
As tempting as the first two are, I'll go with the website and the warm water.

Thanks! I've just found my calamine lotion and sure as hell hope this rash doesn't spread much further than it already has. I don't really like being a horrific burn victim. :(

Endymion
07-11-2006, 12:50 AM
i've heard that mixing poison ivy with poison oak nullifies them. like an acid and a base or something.

That_Guy91
07-11-2006, 07:47 AM
I've actually seen worse, but I don't remember what my friend did about it. He had it during school though, and I tried to see if anyone was dumb enough to touch it.

coke_a_holic
07-11-2006, 08:44 AM
I rub my legs against my friends to creep them out, but most of them have caught on that it doesn't spread like that.

The hydrocortisone cream works wonders regarding itch.

Little_Miss_1565
07-11-2006, 08:56 AM
There's this soap and other treatment products made by a company called Tecnu. My mom is severely allergic to poison ivy, and she swears by Tecnu.

coke_a_holic
07-11-2006, 11:34 AM
Dude, as I read that post, I had gotten back from finding 2 different tubes of Tecnu in the medicine cabinet. I'm literally just about to apply it. One of them is for before it rashes, though, so I'm just going to put the other stuff on. w00t!

the_GoDdEsS
07-11-2006, 01:51 PM
I had no idea what this was until I wiki'd it. And bam, Northern America only it seems. Good luck with that. It looks rather uncomfortable and annoying.

Sunny
07-11-2006, 01:54 PM
holy shit, dude, that looks awful. i'm sorry!