PDA

View Full Version : The Mars Volta - Amputechture

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
07-12-2006, 10:18 AM
The album leaked!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Frances The Mute. It doesn't have all that bullshit ambience this time. It's all music. Really really good. Best song is Day Of The Baphomets. They also put up Viscera Eyes on their myspace. It's been added in two parts because the song is 9 minutes long.

Has anyone else heard it?

nieh
07-12-2006, 10:21 AM
The album leaked!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Frances The Mute. It doesn't have all that bullshit ambience this time. It's all music. Really really good. Best song is Day Of The Baphomets. They also put up Viscera Eyes on their myspace. It's been added in two parts because the song is 9 minutes long.

Has anyone else heard it?

Saying it's WAYYYYY better than Frances the Mute really doesn't mean...well...anything. How does it compare to Deloused in the Comatorium? Could you upload a few songs?

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
07-12-2006, 10:45 AM
Saying it's WAYYYYY better than Frances the Mute really doesn't mean...well...anything. How does it compare to Deloused in the Comatorium? Could you upload a few songs?

I still like Deloused better, but musically this album is better than Frances, because there's...well...music. No 4 minutes of bird chirping this time 'round. There's alot of music, and some of the songs are as long, if not a little bit longer than the average song length on Frances, but there's less bullshit. There's still occasionally some weird shit, but definitely alot less excruciating than that of Frances.

Here's a few songs. There's 8 total.

Viscera Eyes: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=7D7E44B560053F1C

Day Of The Baphomets: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=1E0F90B86C2DC980

Tetragrammaton: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=26BF568A3C7A1A43

nieh
07-12-2006, 10:47 AM
There was music on Frances the Mute too, it just wasn't all that good. It had its moments but there wasn't a single song that was good from beginning to end. I'll check these out when I get back home tonight. Thanks!

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
07-12-2006, 10:51 AM
There was music on Frances the Mute too, it just wasn't all that good. It had its moments but there wasn't a single song that was good from beginning to end. I'll check these out when I get back home tonight. Thanks!

No problem.

I know there was music on Frances, but it always either had some annoying ambience for 9 more minutes after a song was over or several minutes of bird chirping before another song began. It just seems they put a greater emphasis on the ambience rather than the music. All that bullshit has been scrapped this time. Or at least most of it.

nieh
07-12-2006, 07:23 PM
Ok, so it IS a lot better than Frances, but they still lack the drive that made the first album special. Also, the vocals on these tracks drive me nuts in a lot of places. Other than that they're not bad. I might get the album when it comes out but I'm not sure.