PDA

View Full Version : The introduction of Russia into the world trading organization(W.T.O)

DizmaZ
07-18-2006, 02:19 PM
Somebody understands why America against the introduction of Russia in W.T.O. :confused:
Explain to me please. :rolleyes:
America starts to irritate me very strongly! :mad:

RickyCrack
07-18-2006, 02:38 PM
lol! Fuck world trade! lol lol.

DizmaZ
07-18-2006, 02:43 PM
& Amerika too :D

Endymion
07-18-2006, 02:50 PM
lol! Fuck world trade! lol lol.
and the centers involved therein!!~

DizmaZ
07-18-2006, 02:53 PM
Haha Well in that case Izrael and Lebanon :D

Tizzalicious
07-18-2006, 03:40 PM
& Amerika too :D
Maybe this is why they aren't so keen on it?
You can come to WTO doors, but the guards will show "Nas ne dogonyat." And then we will lol.

- WCM

Little_Miss_1565
07-18-2006, 08:56 PM
the WTO is a majorly bullshit operation that seeks to undermine the laws of a sovereign nation in the name of the almighty dollar/euro/pound/yen/etc.

Mota Boy
07-18-2006, 09:27 PM
the WTO is a majorly bullshit operation that seeks to undermine the laws of a sovereign nation in the name of the almighty dollar/euro/pound/yen/etc.
Are you saying that's a bad thing? Many of the laws of the "sovereign nations" are designed to protect local industries at the expense of international trade, a policy that ultimately undermines the nation's own economy. And people enter into the WTO willingly in their own pursuit of the almight [insert currency here].

As for the Bear, Russia is currently swimming in corruption and backsliding towards autocracy, so the WTO ain't too keen on the country at the present.

HornyPope
07-18-2006, 10:13 PM
Laws of a souvereign state are more important than the wealth of its nationals, Eagle.

Mota Boy
07-18-2006, 10:51 PM
Yet when the state willingly gives up part of its sovereignity, I don't think it had a right to bitch.

If you go to a bank and get a loan, or start up a business in your own country, you have to submit to the authority of either a) the bank or b) the rules and regulations of the market. You can whinge about your own personal freedom all you want, but it's still your own personal decision to enter into it. You want sovereignty, withdraw from the international community. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

And much of this "sovereignty" is a protectionist economic policy that only harms a nation in the long run. "Why are you making us deregulate! Why are you making us trade more! Waaaaah, we want to continue inefficient subsidies!" In damn near evey instance, freeing up the market, though initially looks painful, ultimately benefits the host country.

HornyPope
07-18-2006, 11:40 PM
What about those pesky "enviromental concerns" coming to steal from a corporate competetiveness?

DizmaZ
07-19-2006, 12:55 AM
As for the Bear, Russia is currently swimming in corruption and backsliding towards autocracy, so the WTO ain't too keen on the country at the present.

Whence you know it?
You that live in Russia? :D
Probably you watch TV too much!

Rocky-girl
07-19-2006, 02:12 AM
I think that it's clear like day, and I'm very sorry that you guys don't understand it. Please next time before making such threads look in you history textbook.
Explanation is very easy, so I think that it's silly to put it here.

LOL!

Mota Boy
07-19-2006, 04:46 AM
What about those pesky "enviromental concerns" coming to steal from a corporate competetiveness?I'm not saying that the WTO is Jesus Christ reincarnated as an institution to oversea international commerce, but I think that, on balance, it does more good than harm. However, that's besides the point. The argument that both you and 1565 were making is that it undermines national sovereignty. And again, I don't see the fuss of a sovereign nation making a conscious decision to "undermine" its own laws. You want sovereignty? Don't join the WTO. And it's not like submitting to the authority of an international body is necessarily a bad thing - don't both of you oppose the U.S.'s unlawful attack on Iraq and decision to ignore the Geneva convention in its treatment of "enemy combatants"? Or is undermining national sovereignty only a bad thing when it benefits businesses?

Whence you know it?
You that live in Russia?
Probably you watch TV too much!
Yes yes, obviously I am too informed about the current state of the former USSR. If only I was a less informed such as yourself I might share your opinion.

Little_Miss_1565
07-19-2006, 05:46 AM
No no, Mota, I said it undermines the *laws* of said sovereign nation, not sovereignty itself, though I guess after this story here I guess it does undermine a nation's ability to self-determine the way of life for it citizens.

For example the US Dolphin-Safe Tuna act. Apparently, Norway (or another fishing-heavy country, not entirely positive) likes a lot of dolphin in their tuna, and the WTO is making the US stop barring dolphin from adulterating its tuna product. BUT, the US doesn't want to tell its citizens this, so congress' fantastic idea was to keep the dolphin-safe label on tuna, but have lots of dolphin up in there.

Enjoy your tuna, and thank the WTO for it.

And yes, you're right, if a country doesn't like the rules of the WTO, it shouldnt' join. What do you think the Battle in Seattle was all about?

Mota Boy
07-19-2006, 09:23 AM
What do you think the Battle in Seattle was all about?
A few score anarchists and a few thousand members of dozens of other disassociated groups that are grouped together under the banner of "anti-globalization". You don't count a Klan rally as a victory, or even a resounding voice for the movement to revoke the 14th Amendment, do you? And I'm not comparing the two politically, just in terms of their actual representation of the voting population.

Little_Miss_1565
07-19-2006, 09:37 AM
A few score anarchists and a few thousand members of dozens of other disassociated groups that are grouped together under the banner of "anti-globalization". You don't count a Klan rally as a victory, or even a resounding voice for the movement to revoke the 14th Amendment, do you? And I'm not comparing the two politically, just in terms of their actual representation of the voting population.

The anarchists and other assholes crashed an otherwise peaceful protest of the WTO, not just general anti-globalization bullshit. The people who actually know what is going on behind those closed doors are upset about it, it's just sad that the voting population just doesn't care to educate itself. Non-American anarchists protest the WTO wherever it chooses to convene every year.

Mota Boy
07-19-2006, 09:53 AM
What I mean is that the anarchists made the news, which is why you referred to "The Battle in Seattle" from way back during the Clinton Administration instead of the more recent, peaceful protests. And everyone may have known why they were protesting, but if you polled the crowd, you'd get dozens of different responses, from animal lovers to environmentalists to labor unions to anarchists, groups that can't work together to form a cohesive movement aside from the fact that they have a common enemy, which is why they'll never get anywhere.

And to an extent the American population does educate itself. It just does so for some certain core issues that it cares about, such as abortion, or gay rights or affirmative action. However, most people don't care enough about international trade to self-educate. Perhaps they should, but that doesn't mean, even if they cared enough about it to do so, that they'd agree with you.

DizmaZ
07-19-2006, 11:31 AM
Yes yes, obviously I am too informed about the current state of the former USSR. If only I was a less informed such as yourself I might share your opinion.
The level of corruption in Russia constantly falls :)
I am am excited more with a crime rate
At night to appear in park dangerously
Not so long ago at me have selected phone
Also have beaten so I week could not rise from a bed
Now I never go at night one, only with my friends!

DizmaZ
07-19-2006, 11:42 AM
But that you would not speak, I love Russia. And this love from me it you will not take away!

Tizzalicious
07-19-2006, 11:45 AM
If corruption is a WTO problem, how does the US feel about Italy?

- WCM

Sin Studly
07-19-2006, 11:49 AM
They don't want to let Russia in because Russians aren't white.

DizmaZ
07-19-2006, 11:51 AM
Fuck U.S.A.
http://logos.air.spb.ru/images/docs/70.jpg
http://www.nnm.ru/imagez/gallery/komment/1142975202_i_2352_full.jpg

DizmaZ
07-19-2006, 11:53 AM
They don't want to let Russia in because Russians aren't white.
Hahaha You idiot!
And how you think what we colors?

Sin Studly
07-19-2006, 11:56 AM
Shut up. If I wanted a niggers opinion I'd set the hounds on him until he hollered it out, y'hear?

DizmaZ
07-19-2006, 11:58 AM
Shut up. If I wanted a niggers opinion I'd set the hounds on him until he hollered it out, y'hear?
Its me nigger?
Fuck you pederast :mad:

If I would be the nigger - I have frozen in the winter! :D

HornyPope
07-19-2006, 02:33 PM
The argument that both you and 1565 were making is that it undermines national sovereignty. And again, I don't see the fuss of a sovereign nation making a conscious decision to "undermine" its own laws. You want sovereignty? Don't join the WTO.

Where does it leave the moderates? Nations and citizens understand the importance of a court to rule on international trades matter, they just don't want the courts to rule on issues beyond their competance. Hands off enviroment and national ressources. The decision to exploit either should come in conjunction with a state ruling, if not from within the state per se, and not because American, Brasilian, English and whatever chairmen voted that Canada ought to open their forestry for additional exploitation.

And it's not like submitting to the authority of an international body is necessarily a bad thing - don't both of you oppose the U.S.'s unlawful attack on Iraq and decision to ignore the Geneva convention in its treatment of "enemy combatants"? Or is undermining national sovereignty only a bad thing when it benefits businesses?

Elected body of officials =/ conglomerate of corporations.

sKratch
07-19-2006, 03:19 PM
The correct way to denote "does not equal" is != for future reference.

HeadAroundU
07-19-2006, 03:36 PM
Its me nigger?
If I would be the nigger - I have frozen in the winter! :D
LOL, nice one!

Little_Miss_1565
07-19-2006, 04:06 PM
Elected body of officials =/ conglomerate of corporations.

It does in the U.S.

Sin Studly
07-20-2006, 12:43 AM
Its me nigger? Fuck you pederast :mad:

The mad face makes this post great!

Outerbands
07-20-2006, 02:05 AM
Laws of a souvereign state are more important than the wealth of its nationals

Beautiful.

And they don't promote world trade, they promote western benefical trade. It's two different things.

thewalrus
07-20-2006, 02:55 AM
Somebody understands why America against the introduction of Russia in W.T.O. :confused:
Explain to me please. :rolleyes:
America starts to irritate me very strongly! :mad:

Why are you complaining? The WTO would be as useless for Russia as it is for most other countries.

But I can understand some of the resentments and the general disfavour in Europe und America towards Russia, or to say it more correctly, the Russian government under Putin. That is basically because Russia appears to have two faces... one friendly, good looking country with clean streets and a strong economy (as it's representing itself nowadays in St. Petersburg), and on the other hand an ugly, undemocratic and authoritarian state system throwing critical people, liberals, journalists, homeless and anyone else who does not 'fit' into the system out (as it could be observed in St. Peterburg during the weeks before the G8-summit, according to several Newsweek and Der Spiegel articles). This is a very understandable reason for some dislike, and one of the view issues in politics where I share the (critical) American point of view.

DizmaZ
07-20-2006, 09:04 AM
S. Peterburg was always such pure city. The only thing that have made it to summit G8 have hung up posters have blocked the central prospectus and have hung up beds with colors along road. And unemployeds pay the grant. But they SPEND on drink it. Russia cares of those who it wants! On the account of war: Russia it now easier is not favourable to participate in wars in fact very dearly. Also large reform of army is now spent. And how America has shown itself? Russia will participate in war only on the party of peacemakers. Also what such that Russia always assists in dangerous situations such as earthquake and eruption of a volcano?

I do not understand why at all such bad opinion on Russia? In my opinion it is favourable to you to consider so. If will enter in W.T.O. Russia becomes the largest supplier of the weapon and military technics because everyone know That our technics the most reliable in the world. It very much will be not favourable America!

Sin Studly
07-20-2006, 09:23 AM
I do not understand why at all such bad opinion on Russia?

Because Russians are fucking animals. They drink all day, kill people for no reason, live with filthy livestock in their houses, rape and beat women, and fuck each other in pigshit. You're not human, and the civilised world hates you for pretending to be white and making us all look bad.

DizmaZ
07-20-2006, 10:09 AM
Because Russians are fucking animals. They drink all day, kill people for no reason, live with filthy livestock in their houses, rape and beat women, and fuck each other in pigshit. You're not human, and the civilised world hates you for pretending to be white and making us all look bad.
You know that with such as you do in Russia ;) :mad:

Tizzalicious
07-20-2006, 10:46 AM
Nas ne dogonyat!

DizmaZ
07-20-2006, 10:56 AM
Nas ne dogonyat!

You love songs of group TATU?

jacknife737
07-20-2006, 11:31 AM
Russia will participate in war only on the party of peacemakers.

I think there are some Chechens who might disagree.

thewalrus
07-20-2006, 11:34 AM
Russia cares of those who it wants!

...or to be more accurate: of those who are QUIET. And that disagrees with my understanding of democracy.

On the account of war: Russia it now easier is not favourable to participate in wars in fact very dearly. Also large reform of army is now spent. And how America has shown itself? Russia will participate in war only on the party of peacemakers

That's an awesome contradiction. Do you actually realize that? Remember the Chechnya conflict and the warcrimes from Russian troups... that has nothing to do with peacemaking. That's in fact a crime, and Russia is the aggressor.

I do not understand why at all such bad opinion on Russia? In my opinion it is favourable to you to consider so. If will enter in W.T.O. Russia becomes the largest supplier of the weapon and military technics because everyone know That our technics the most reliable in the world. It very much will be not favourable America!

The world doesn't need more of your murderous warfare. Let me say that... it really sucks.

DizmaZ
07-20-2006, 11:39 AM
I think there are some Chechens who might disagree.
HAHA You think that Russia wages war with Chechens?
Russia protects Chechens from an attack. Basically from mercenaries from other countries. Chechens are high-grade citizens of Russia.

War for a long time is already end.
Only confidential operations of federal security service against single groups of terrorists proceed.

DizmaZ
07-20-2006, 11:47 AM
That's an awesome contradiction. Do you actually realize that? Remember the Chechnya conflict and the warcrimes from Russian troups... that has nothing to do with peacemaking. That's in fact a crime, and Russia is the aggressor.

Russia not an aggressor. The Chechen Republic is a part of Russia. And the Chechen Republic was attacked by foreign mercenaries basically from the Arabian countries, Russia simply protects the citizens. To you say lies your newspapers and TVs. Russia has a lot of information on that that mercenaries received financing from for borders, also from Ben Laden.

thewalrus
07-20-2006, 11:52 AM
Dizmaz, every Chechen would completely disagree with you.

By the way, you seem completely brain-washed. The Chechens have a fucking right to defend themselves against criminal, raping, murdering Russian soldiers. But of course THAT wouldn't be mentioned in your media, of course. Because it's as free as a chicken in a cage. The easy solution is always to consider the Chechens as terrorists. But that is... in fact... stupid. And you seem to believe the lies your government-instructed media tells you everyday...

Tizzalicious
07-20-2006, 12:01 PM
TheWalrus, what do you know of what Chechens think? Have you ever met one?

As far as I understand it, the militant Islamists appropriated the Chechen cause as their own.

Everything I know about Chechnya is not by personal experience. And I am willing to guess the same is of this young Russian gentlemen here.

You are leading a web of hypocracy. You know about as much of Chechnya as a chicken in a cage knows of Einstein.

And Tatu is awesome.

- WCM

DizmaZ
07-20-2006, 12:03 PM
You have not understood. Chechens the same subject Russia as well as I. As I did not speak that Chechens is terrorists. And the Russian militarians never attacked Chechens. Only if they hid in the houses of terrorists. RUSSIA PROTECTS CHECHEN PEOPLE!

DizmaZ
07-20-2006, 12:06 PM

As far as I understand it, the militant Islamists appropriated the Chechen cause as their own.

Everything I know about Chechnya is not by personal experience. And I am willing to guess the same is of this young Russian gentlemen here.

You are leading a web of hypocracy. You know about as much of Chechnya as a chicken in a cage knows of Einstein.

And Tatu is awesome.

- WCM
--------> I have met the clever person :D

Also remember it you I should not trust newspapers and the TV speak about it because a sign with many Chechens they will study in institute on the same rights as I!

DizmaZ
07-20-2006, 12:09 PM
And Tatu is awesome.
- They pretend to lesbians ;)

thewalrus
07-20-2006, 12:19 PM

- WCM

Nope, I've never met one, I admit (how did you know ;) ). But I did some research on that conflict during late school time for a longer speech (had political sciences as a major), and I think that I'm at least pretty well informed on that issue, because I had access to a lot of different sources for that - even documents from former Russian governments. And there're thousands of independent reports of Russian war crimes on that conflict. I think that speaks a very clear language, even if it doesn't solve the problem of militant islamists. I've never considered them better.

When you consider knowledghe as relevant if it comes from personal experience only, then there is practically no knowledge in the world.

DizmaZ
07-20-2006, 12:28 PM
Present that would be in the Chechen Republic if there there were no Russian armies! There there would be the second Iraq!!!

Sin Studly
07-20-2006, 12:32 PM
All Russians are sadistic murderers. You murder people. You're evil.

DizmaZ
07-20-2006, 12:35 PM
All Russians are sadistic murderers. You murder people. You're evil.
HAHA To you would not prevent to get to Russia.
And you learn who such skin heads
http://www.communist.ru/images/no68/no68.jpg
http://www.communist.ru/images/no67/biler.jpg

Sin Studly
07-20-2006, 12:36 PM
You murder people in the night. You rape children and eat babies. You're evil!

Tizzalicious
07-20-2006, 12:41 PM
Nope, I've never met one, I admit (how did you know ;) ). But I did some research on that conflict during late school time for a longer speech (had political sciences as a major), and I think that I'm at least pretty well informed on that issue, because I had access to a lot of different sources for that - even documents from former Russian governments. And there're thousands of independent reports of Russian war crimes on that conflict. I think that speaks a very clear language, even if it doesn't solve the problem of militant islamists. I've never considered them better.

When you consider knowledghe as relevant if it comes from personal experience only, then there is practically no knowledge in the world.
Of course there are war crimes, you have that whereever you have soldiers in a foreign country, but especially when there is a danger presented to them.

You've done the research though, how badly do you think the Chechen people want independence? eh? How many of them want to be their own country?

- WCM

DizmaZ
07-20-2006, 01:01 PM
You've done the research though, how badly do you think the Chechen people want independence? eh? How many of them want to be their own country?

Chechens never wished to become the separate country. In the Chechen Republic for a long time all was adjusted. There the president is chosen, the constitution is proclaimed! War in the Chechen Republic is finished!!!

DizmaZ
07-20-2006, 01:05 PM
http://www.prikolka.ru/Deti/V_pis.jpg
You think the peace population of Iraq presence of the American armies in the territory wants?

You know that from for actions of America civil war in Iraq now became possible?

http://www.rosfoto.ru/photos/big/0016000/016639_268.jpg

DizmaZ
07-20-2006, 01:17 PM
You remember NORD-OST?
These people have attacked the Chechen Republic!

jacknife737
07-20-2006, 01:18 PM
http://www.prikolka.ru/Deti/V_pis.jpg
You think the peace population of Iraq presence of the American armies in the territory wants?

I get your point, but you know thats not a U.S. soldier right?

Sin Studly
07-20-2006, 01:19 PM
http://www.mosnews.com/files/5055/poster1.jpg

DizmaZ
07-20-2006, 01:28 PM
I get your point, but you know thats not a U.S. soldier right?

This arranges?
http://www.turbo.adygnet.ru/2004/gronskaya_iri/image/lopata.jpg
http://www.turbo.adygnet.ru/2004/gronskaya_iri/image/izdev5.jpg
http://www.turbo.adygnet.ru/2004/gronskaya_iri/image/izdev2.jpg
http://www.turbo.adygnet.ru/2004/gronskaya_iri/image/izdev1.jpg
You wish to tell that it not the truth?

DizmaZ
07-20-2006, 01:34 PM
http://www.otkisni.ru/pic/poster/big/otkisni_ru_2592.jpg

jacknife737
07-20-2006, 03:25 PM
You wish to tell that it not the truth?

No, I was simply pointing out that your photo was not of an American soldier.

Oh, and those Russian troops sure are doing a great job 'protecting' the Chechens.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/russia/article/0,2763,191798,00.html

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/europe/9910/07/chechnya.bus/

http://www.hrvc.net/news2-03/13g-2003.htm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/htmlContent.jhtml?html=/archive/2000/01/22/wgroz22.html

HornyPope
07-20-2006, 03:28 PM
The correct way to denote "does not equal" is != for future reference.

It does in the U.S.

And they don't promote world trade, they promote western benefical trade. It's two different things.

I stand corrected.

DizmaZ
07-20-2006, 11:21 PM
No, I was simply pointing out that your photo was not of an American soldier.

Oh, and those Russian troops sure are doing a great job 'protecting' the Chechens.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/russia/article/0,2763,191798,00.html

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/europe/9910/07/chechnya.bus/

http://www.hrvc.net/news2-03/13g-2003.htm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/htmlContent.jhtml?html=/archive/2000/01/22/wgroz22.html

I do not think that it is necessary to it to trust...

thewalrus
07-21-2006, 05:09 PM
Dizmaz, I didn't say that American soldiers are better than Russian soldiers. But warcrime is warcrime. There's no difference whether it's happening in Iraq or in Chechnya. But, Americans are actually very upset about the behaviour of some their soldiers in Iraq (emm... not everyone I guess, but most of them), whereas in Russia, Russian troops are always considered as peace bringers in Chechnya, of course. You just don't even believe several reports concerning Russian warcrimes in Chechnya from several different news agencies.

Now tell why I should consider a Russian nationalist (who's continously telling me his government's opinion) more trustworthy rather than free media coverage from different news agencies. Tell me please, I'm curious.

Sin Studly
07-22-2006, 03:55 AM
Because not believing is a thoughtcrime, tovarish!

DizmaZ
07-22-2006, 06:01 AM
Dizmaz, I didn't say that American soldiers are better than Russian soldiers. But warcrime is warcrime. There's no difference whether it's happening in Iraq or in Chechnya. But, Americans are actually very upset about the behaviour of some their soldiers in Iraq (emm... not everyone I guess, but most of them), whereas in Russia, Russian troops are always considered as peace bringers in Chechnya, of course. You just don't even believe several reports concerning Russian warcrimes in Chechnya from several different news agencies.

Now tell why I should consider a Russian nationalist (who's continously telling me his government's opinion) more trustworthy rather than free media coverage from different news agencies. Tell me please, I'm curious.

I have not understood that you wish from me to hear...

thewalrus
07-22-2006, 10:22 AM
I have not understood that you wish from me to hear...

I do not think that it is necessary to it to trust...

A reason. Why do you rather believe in government than in media? (I'd never trust any government opinion when it comes to war and military issues... they're constantly lying on such topics... whether they're Russian, American, German, or whatever... it doesn't make a difference)

Tizzalicious
07-22-2006, 10:37 AM
What on Earth makes you think any media that you read always tells the truth? That is really fucking preposterous on every level.

- WCM

DizmaZ
07-22-2006, 11:00 AM
A reason. Why do you rather believe in government than in media? (I'd never trust any government opinion when it comes to war and military issues... they're constantly lying on such topics... whether they're Russian, American, German, or whatever... it doesn't make a difference)

In Russia full freedom of a press, mass-media it is not connected in any way with a policy. I trust both to the government and mass-media.

thewalrus
07-22-2006, 11:36 AM
What on Earth makes you think any media that you read always tells the truth? That is really fucking preposterous on every level.

- WCM

Relating to only one single type of media, for instance just one single article in one newspaper or magazine or TV-show or whatever, I completely agree with you. There's no reason to believe everything the media tells you. But in THAT particular case, there are just too many reports from various sources. It's simply too much evidence. I'm really not a believer of mass media, I can assure you, but in every case I'd rather tend to trust the media than the government. For instance, if a newspaper suspected German troops in Afghanistan of doing warcrimes, I'd automatically ask questions like 'hey folks, what's happening there?!? What are they doing?!?" But nationalists don't seem to ask things like that... one-way-street in mind, whatever.

Tizzalicious
07-22-2006, 11:53 AM
I just don't get it. Why do you believe that governments have agendas, but newspapers don't?

DizmaZ
07-22-2006, 11:55 AM
Relating to only one single type of media, for instance just one single article in one newspaper or magazine or TV-show or whatever, I completely agree with you. There's no reason to believe everything the media tells you. But in THAT particular case, there are just too many reports from various sources. It's simply too much evidence. I'm really not a believer of mass media, I can assure you, but in every case I'd rather tend to trust the media than the government. For instance, if a newspaper suspected German troops in Afghanistan of doing warcrimes, I'd automatically ask questions like 'hey folks, what's happening there?!? What are they doing?!?" But nationalists don't seem to ask things like that... one-way-street in mind, whatever.

It agree...

thewalrus
07-22-2006, 02:41 PM
I just don't get it. Why do you believe that governments have agendas, but newspapers don't?

Have I mentioned that newspapers don't?

Tizzalicious
07-22-2006, 02:46 PM
Have I mentioned that newspapers don't?
You're picking at straws. You mentioned the media. This applies to any media. Whether it be gossip, newspapers, the internet, or the voices in your head.

- WCM

thewalrus
07-22-2006, 03:00 PM
I'd rather believe the voices in my head than a convinced nationalist.

Of course it applies to the media. But still - a government has different interests than the media. Usually. And I make a difference between 'serious' and rather frivolous media... I'm just curious to know where YOU would get your information from... I get the impression that from your point of view everything is wrong... e.g. there are no starving kids in Africa, there is really no melting polar ice, and of course, there is no war in Chechnya, the Russians are only protecting the poor Chechens. Don't get me wrong, it's just an impression, I don't know if you really think like that.

Tizzalicious
07-22-2006, 04:03 PM
I'd rather believe the voices in my head than a convinced nationalist.

Of course it applies to the media. But still - a government has different interests than the media. Usually. And I make a difference between 'serious' and rather frivolous media... I'm just curious to know where YOU would get your information from... I get the impression that from your point of view everything is wrong... e.g. there are no starving kids in Africa, there is really no melting polar ice, and of course, there is no war in Chechnya, the Russians are only protecting the poor Chechens. Don't get me wrong, it's just an impression, I don't know if you really think like that.
I have not stated my opinion anywhere. I think I know a little about Chechnya. But all I really know is that I know next to nothing, so my opinion is worthless. Do not however, try and guess what my opinion is on anything. Often times I will play devil's advocate.

I get my information from several sources. I am not retarded enough to tell someone that their government is wrong, and my perfectly free western media is correct. That's ignorant.

- WCM

DizmaZ
07-23-2006, 02:48 AM
Russians are only protecting the poor Chechens.

YES
its true

DizmaZ
07-23-2006, 02:50 AM
I get my information from several sources. I am not retarded enough to tell someone that their government is wrong, and my perfectly free western media is correct. That's ignorant.

But in fact in Russia of mass-media are completely free too...

Tizzalicious
07-23-2006, 03:00 AM
But in fact in Russia of mass-media are completely free too...
I never said it wasn't.

- WCM

Little_Miss_1565
07-23-2006, 05:02 AM
YES
its true

wow, how did I miss the post this responded to. Is this "protection" like how white slaveowners told themlseves they were "protecting" black people about 150 years ago in America?

DizmaZ
07-23-2006, 05:37 AM
wow, how did I miss the post this responded to. Is this "protection" like how white slaveowners told themlseves they were "protecting" black people about 150 years ago in America?

About what it you? :confused:

Little_Miss_1565
07-23-2006, 06:19 AM
......what?

DizmaZ
07-23-2006, 06:50 AM
......what?
what????????

SOTONA
08-05-2006, 06:22 AM
You're evil!

You are right mortal. Ве afraid me scukko!