PDA

View Full Version : Bush said shit...

sherban
07-19-2006, 04:16 PM
People might say this thread is useless, then delete it fot all i care.
Funny, but also grotesque. I dont know what frightens me more, his character or his intelect. I dont think its the first time leaders had MICs and just forgot ...or ...didnt care.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=234wWsPFObw&search=bush%20shit

Think they also recorded him saing "Yo, Blair" but I have no proof.

Tizzalicious
07-19-2006, 04:29 PM
So?

This has nothing to do with his intellect or his character. This only affects his marketed persona. Two vastly different things for every politician.

0r4ng3
07-19-2006, 04:32 PM
So he said a swear word, big deal. I don't get what the fuss is about. People gotta stop making everything out of nothing.

He's said much, much worse things without using any foul language whatsoever.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
07-19-2006, 04:58 PM
I had to laugh on The Daily Show, Jon Stewart was saying, "He's lucky that's all the microphones caught. At least he was on topic. He could be talking about a rash on his balls."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gIlR0smUCV0&search=jon%20stewart%20bush

Not Ozymandias
07-19-2006, 05:48 PM
I've suspected for a while that he actually talks like a normal human being in private. He should win an Oscar for the bumpkin routine he presents to the public.

Jebus
07-19-2006, 06:30 PM
I always thought he talked like that as a gimmick too. Check him out 10 years ago. (I don't buy the whole senile argument in the video)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1342132664644484246&sourceid=zeitgeist

Jakebert
07-19-2006, 06:33 PM
So?

This has nothing to do with his intellect or his character. This only affects his marketed persona. Two vastly different things for every politician.

Exactly. He swore. He's a human being and human's swear. I mean, yes, it's funny, but reading into it anymore than that is just plain retarded and if it was anybody but Bush you'd have no problem with it.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
07-19-2006, 07:05 PM
I have to agree with Tizz and Jake here. However, I would be surprised if anyone ever caught the Pope curse. That'd be a story.

Little_Miss_1565
07-19-2006, 08:19 PM
So?

Oh, but in America they are one and the same--at least, that's what everyone takes it to be, because the state of general "edjumication" is pathetic. I cry daily for this country.

Sin Studly
07-20-2006, 01:00 AM
Bush is more intelligent than anybody here. The fact that you're more afraid of how dumb he is than by how extremely intelligent he is proves this.

Not Ozymandias
07-20-2006, 12:30 PM
I don't know if I'd go that far, it doesn't take a genius to realize from living in Texas that playing the yokel is beneficial.

Nina
07-20-2006, 01:01 PM
Bush is more intelligent than anybody here. The fact that you're more afraid of how dumb he is than by how extremely intelligent he is proves this.

What are you refering to? What makes him "extremely intelligent"?

Sin Studly
07-20-2006, 01:22 PM
What are you refering to? What makes him "extremely intelligent"?

The fact that you think he isn't, for a start.

Nina
07-20-2006, 01:40 PM
LAME.
Instead of insulting people all the time you could actually have conversations with some of them on here. My question was sincere. Stop insulting me for no reason and just answer the question if you want your statement to be legitimate.

Sin Studly
07-20-2006, 01:43 PM
Calm down, now. That wasn't an insult. I'm saying that the fact that he's convinced most of the world he's a bumbling idiot is one of the things that makes me think he's insanely intelligent.

Rags week, or what? Jesus Christ.

Nina
07-20-2006, 02:05 PM
I think you just *like* and thus want to see me as the nhjrgbisdbdj RRAARRRR beast. I was at my calmest when I wrote that. With that knowledge, you should read my post again and see my point.

And at first I thought you meant exactly what you just explained, but I dont see how that makes him stand in a better position. Where is his advantage when he makes the majority of people believe that he's stupid? It can't be the tactical reason of surprisement (people think he's stupid --> dont take him seriously --> he does his thing and everyone is unprepared) because it has always been well known that he has a lot of power and will use it if he wants/must/whatever.

P.S. I'm not ragging yet, in another two weeks I will :]

Sin Studly
07-20-2006, 02:09 PM
Uh... it got him elected. Twice.

Nina
07-20-2006, 02:36 PM
Because everyone thinks he's stupid?
I dont get it.

Sin Studly
07-20-2006, 02:43 PM
I'll try to explain how it works when I'm not so drunk and tired. It's depressing to try and understand or explain how the masses think.

Tizzalicious
07-20-2006, 02:43 PM
Because stupid people can relate. It's not that he's trying to be stupid. He just acts very simple, so that simple people will think he's one of them.

- WCM

Nina
07-20-2006, 02:51 PM
I dont think he's a simple man. Do the masses think he's simple? That would be upsetting. And...even if Bush had done all of that on purpose (he probably does, I do think so too), it's not like he had all the genius ideas himself. None of his people would let him to anything on his own.

Tizzalicious
07-20-2006, 03:59 PM
We don't actually know what people let him do. All we can do is assume. He's simple, or he explains things in a manner that seems simple and clear to the people who support him. That's what it's about.

- WCM

Nina
07-22-2006, 10:05 AM
None of this shows that he's intelligent..

Tizzalicious
07-22-2006, 10:19 AM
No, but it shows that he might not be as stupid as he pretends. Which then shows that his political strategy is far more complicated than people seem to think.

- WCM

Marco
07-23-2006, 01:17 AM
So he said a swear word, big deal. I don't get what the fuss is about. People gotta stop making everything out of nothing.

He's said much, much worse things without using any foul language whatsoever.
You're right......even *cough* Berlusconi *cough* said in italian: "Who votes for left is a dork". But it wasn't that surprising....most politicians/leaders are assholes..

TRUSTpunk
08-12-2006, 06:10 AM
That was a very funny video. The BBC host said the same shit as Mr. Bush. LMAO :D

And I quote ...Stop doing this shit.

0r4ng3
08-12-2006, 10:38 AM
more liek, SHIT4RCHY!

amirite?

calichix
08-25-2006, 05:23 PM
you spelled intellect wrong.

I don't think he plays dumb, I think he's just not very good with words. I wouldn't be either if I spoke for bajillions of people and my words were under constant scrutiny. To suggest that he's pretending to be an idiot to disguise the fact that in actuality he's a super genius is pretty ridiculous.

AS IF when you're a political leader you're going to be gravely serious about every terrible event in the world. I'd like to punch that lady in the mouth.

JoY
08-25-2006, 05:35 PM
Because stupid people can relate. It's not that he's trying to be stupid. He just acts very simple, so that simple people will think he's one of them.

- WCM
*nods wildly*

that was my entire contribution for the day.