PDA

View Full Version : need help!!!!!

Wolfmother
07-20-2006, 04:21 AM
ok, my band and me are in a fight of what we type of music we should play so if you have any suggestions please don't be afraid to post :)

Professor Chaos
07-20-2006, 01:01 PM
Create a hybrid genre of everything they want to play.

....And it'll probably sound like shit.

coke_a_holic
07-20-2006, 01:06 PM
What genres are you fighting about? I'm sure it's something gay like "they want to play punk, but I want to play rock! HOW DO WE FIX THIS?!" But if it's between country and techno, you might have more trouble than just mixing them.

no_way
07-20-2006, 01:07 PM
You should dafinetely not worry about that. Play what you know you can play. Play whatever's on your mind, whatever you feel like playing. If anyone disagrees on playing anything the others propose, listen to them. If they propose something else and you like it, good. If they propose something you don't like, they should know they're not welcome to your band. If they don't propose anything else, kick him the hell out!

Just play, doesn't matter what style you're into, that will only lock you more. I can tell you that my band and I've been together for an year and a half and we still don't know what is it that we play, sometimes hard rock, sometimes pop, sometimes blues, and sometimes songs we write that don't fit in any style. That's because it isn't nessary. You only need to be good musicians.

Wolfmother
07-22-2006, 07:48 PM
Thank no-way thats really good advise i guees i will just have to play what i know and what i want to play and eventually i'll find something that everyone can agree on :D .

no_way
07-23-2006, 04:26 AM
Of course, as long as the music is good and transmit some kind of emotion, whichever it is, people would stop worrying about what sytle it is, and as long as you PLAY, a style will eventually come out. You're totally welcome :) . Let me know when you get some material to show off.

Harnum
07-24-2006, 08:35 AM
ok, my band and me are in a fight of what we type of music we should play so if you have any suggestions please don't be afraid to post :)

Ok, I had to bump this for a simple reason. He doesn't have a band... I know him... Well, I'll let this die now. I just wanted to point this out.

no_way
07-24-2006, 08:48 AM
Ok, I had to bump this for a simple reason. He doesn't have a band... I know him... Well, I'll let this die now. I just wanted to point this out.

Oh no, talk now, or at least Wolfmother, what the hell?

Harnum
07-24-2006, 09:57 AM
Oh no, talk now, or at least Wolfmother, what the hell?
Explain? Confused a bit... He doesn't have a band, thats all I said.

T-6005
07-27-2006, 09:03 AM
Play silence.