PDA

View Full Version : Medicines

Marco
07-23-2006, 01:40 AM
OK so, from September the Italian Government has decided to let just COOP supermarkets to have a medicine/pharmaceutical section where medicines of class "A" are sold (the ones you have to get with a recipe) without a doctor (and therefore without anyone that tells you the right medicine to take).
Now, this is pretty bad as it can lead to intoxication. In fact, in countries where this law is already active, intoxication is the 4th major cause of death.

As for business, it is not fair for all the other supermarkets which do not belong to the COOP company and for pharmacies.

You can call this globalization, as people end to go just in one place to buy everything, you can call it dumbness , as all these laws lead to bad results for many people. Call this what you want but one thing is sure: it's the long process of returning to ignorance.

Sin Studly
07-23-2006, 02:53 AM
Dear god, they're not giving out antibiotics without scripts are they? Abusable drugs are bad enough, but antibiotics being freely distributed to an uneducated public could lead to another pandemic.

Marco
07-23-2006, 03:04 AM
Dear god, they're not giving out antibiotics without scripts are they? Abusable drugs are bad enough, but antibiotics being freely distributed to an uneducated public could lead to another pandemic.
They soon will (September). The thing is, nobody is brave enough to write about this in any newspaper/magazine as it's all of business interest.

Outerbands
07-23-2006, 04:06 AM
I would have thought the pharmacy would advice you on what to take. And to be honest their advice is just the same as the doctors. General doctors are pretty much as useful as a good pharmacist.

But the idea of antibiotics being popped every time some hypercondriac sneezes is worrying. People are already non responders to a wide range of antibiotics due to the meat they eat. Super bugs could spread.

the_GoDdEsS
07-23-2006, 12:37 PM
That sounds pretty irresponsible. I don't get the idea of any drugs being sold in supermarkets. Over here you can only buy vitamins there. Every other drug you have to go to the pharmacy for. And I don't think any antibiotics are given without prescription.

Marco
07-24-2006, 01:00 PM
That sounds pretty irresponsible. I don't get the idea of any drugs being sold in supermarkets. Over here you can only buy vitamins there. Every other drug you have to go to the pharmacy for. And I don't think any antibiotics are given without prescription.
I thought that should be highlited.

Dead Cheerleader
07-26-2006, 02:25 AM
Shut the fuck up Sin Studly, you fuckin' douche.

As per your post, you can definitely attribute someone taking a bullshit combination of drugs from a non-qualified person straight-up stupidity.

Therefore, you can look at this as some sort of overdue, well-needed natural selection.

Thank jesus.

Sin Studly
07-26-2006, 03:15 AM
Shut the fuck up Sin Studly, you fuckin' douche. As per your post, you can definitely attribute someone taking a bullshit combination of drugs from a non-qualified person straight-up stupidity. Therefore, you can look at this as some sort of overdue, well-needed natural selection. Thank jesus.

As you're a fucking idiot, I'm not going to explain to you how the free distribution of antibiotics is enough to wipe out the entire species, not just the individual people who personally overuse the drugs.

You fucking idiot.

Little_Miss_1565
07-26-2006, 08:05 AM
Shut the fuck up Sin Studly, you fuckin' douche.

As per your post, you can definitely attribute someone taking a bullshit combination of drugs from a non-qualified person straight-up stupidity.

Therefore, you can look at this as some sort of overdue, well-needed natural selection.

Thank jesus.

No no, Dead Cheerleader, it is you who is the fucking douche. If you are so retarded as to not understand the antibiotic-resistant pandemics that can (and will) come from overuse of antibiotics for every fucking case of the snifflies that somoene has, which can and probably will happen if people are able to get their hands on prescription medication without a prescription.

Of all the myriad things to get on Sin Studly's case about, you choose this. Please go get yourself "naturally selected."

edit: oh damn, Justin beat me to it. oh well, mine says 'fuck' a lot more.

Sin Studly
07-26-2006, 11:51 AM
Actually, we used 'fucking' the same amount. Lolz, math is hard 4 feminists.

Little_Miss_1565
07-26-2006, 06:47 PM
It's because the patriarchal society favors boys in the classroom! :mad: :mad: :mad: