PDA

View Full Version : 40 Year Old Virgins?

wheelchairman
07-25-2006, 06:57 AM
I was wondering if they actually exist. I mean outside of the clergy and people who were horribly mangled. And of course, outside of hermits who live in the forest and don't talk to people.

Do you actually know anybody who's reached a considerable age, without ever having sex? For which there seems to be no reasonable excuse for. Perhaps just awkwardness or something. I mean the only people I can think of would be in their early 20's. Which in all fairness, isn't unreasonably late.

Do they exist? Ordinary people in their late 20's, 30's, 40s, who are still virgins?

Izie
07-25-2006, 07:11 AM
I don't know anyone personally, but a good female friend of my uncle is 40+ and a virgin. She's a bit kuku, or so I've heard.

I'm pretty sure there are more 30 and 40 year old virgins than we think, no one likes to advertise it I suppose.

nieh
07-25-2006, 07:11 AM
My friend is still a virgin at age 22 which isn't bad but I don't see that changing any time soon. He's neurotic and obsessive and has never even kissed a girl as far as I know. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at least a 30 year old virgin.

Sin Studly
07-25-2006, 07:13 AM
There's a forum for it, I did a quick google search but couldn't find it again.

H1T_That
07-25-2006, 07:19 AM
I know a girl who's 18 and still a virgin. That is amazing considering i live in England.

killer_queen
07-25-2006, 07:26 AM
I can find at least 10 people who died as a virgin in my family. And lots of 40+ year old virgins. Probably I'm going to be one of them.

But, you know, Turkish girls are still not sure about losing their most precious things and Turkish guys are not gonna get some as long as they type sexs instead of sex on the internet. So that's pretty normal for us.

I know a girl who's 18 and still a virgin. That is amazing considering i live in England.
lolz, whatta loser!

wheelchairman
07-25-2006, 07:43 AM
Turkish girls > English girls. So obviously something is very wrong with the way things are done in the world.

H1T_That
07-25-2006, 07:47 AM
Turkish girls > English girls. So obviously something is very wrong with the way things are done in the world.

But, didn't we already know that?

Sin Studly
07-25-2006, 07:52 AM
But there is no virgin girl in Istanbul!

Tizzalicious
07-25-2006, 08:54 AM
My aunt, she has slight brain damage though, so I guess she has an excuse. She's also very catholic//prude, she once saw my grandpa nakes and felt very guilty about that.

wheelchairman
07-25-2006, 08:56 AM
That doesn't count. That clearly falls under my rules of not-counting. God all the dutchies are so dumb. (tizz and pathfinder.)

Tizzalicious
07-25-2006, 08:57 AM
H8.

10!

T-6005
07-25-2006, 09:40 AM
My uncle, maybe. I don't know for sure, but he's been single for as long as I can remember and definitely before that, and I'm dead sure he hasn't had a sex life for at least that long.

Not that I can remember back very far, but still.

Sunny
07-25-2006, 10:27 AM
the oldest virgin i know is 28. i also know 24-25 year old ones.. which is, eh, a little weird if you ask me.

Rag Doll
07-25-2006, 11:10 AM
i was the oldest virgin out of everyone i knew. the only person i can think of that might be a virgin is my aunt...she's like...80ish. really cant think of anyone else. *shrug*

Vera
07-25-2006, 02:12 PM
I was going to post "Endy might be fast becoming one" as I said RD's signature as "update: i have located my penis" and I was like "Oh man, Endy's making some serious progress!".

Then I noticed it said pants.

Pants.

Paint_It_Black
07-25-2006, 04:45 PM
The oldest virgin I know is about 28. He's waiting until marriage. Poor fool.

mrconeman
07-25-2006, 05:17 PM
I dont beleive I know any in that age range. Mostly because my whole circle of friends is a sort of 16 - 20 age range.

JohnnyNemesis
07-25-2006, 05:35 PM
I know quite a few people in their late 20s who have never even held hands with someone of the opposite sex, and I'm sure they'll be virgins well into their late 30s and early 40s.

I'd like ot be "fair" and say "to each their own", but I can't even think of it without saying "what the FUCK?!".

0r4ng3
07-25-2006, 05:47 PM
This thread brings out one of my worst fears; that I may actually become a 40 year old virgin. I know I'm nowhere near 40, but I have little or no social skills, so I think it's a justified pessimism.

Dammit, now I'm depressed.

wheelchairman
07-25-2006, 05:50 PM
I was afraid of the same thing when I was your age. Then I had sex. You shouldn't be afraid. I didn't have any social skills, I lived in a country where I didn't speak the language. And I looked like a moron.

Among the virgins I know, there seems to the following criteria.
1. Either you are ugly, uncharming and smell bad.
OR
2. Your idea of flirting involves paper balls.

JohnnyNemesis
07-25-2006, 05:51 PM
I was way more socially awkward at your age, and now I have sex fairly regularly. How, you ask? Well, as you grow, you'll break out of your shell a bit, and then there's also...

COLLEGE!!!

Srsly.

nieh
07-25-2006, 05:53 PM
2. Your idea of flirting involves paper balls.

You mean yours doesn't?

0r4ng3
07-25-2006, 05:54 PM
I must rethink my "paper balls" tactic.

sKratch
07-25-2006, 06:24 PM
I was way more socially awkward at your age, and now I have sex fairly regularly.
pff whatever. you can say anything you want on the internet. We won't believe you!

coke_a_holic
07-25-2006, 06:32 PM
My GIRLfriend and I have SEX regularly. You know where the penis and the WOMAN PARTS do something and then stuff happens and it's called SEX. I'm not going to explain it to you virgins because I'm too busy having SEX with a GIRL. Losers!

0r4ng3
07-25-2006, 06:50 PM
^ Virgin? Never happened.

coke_a_holic
07-25-2006, 07:03 PM
I was having sex when I was still moist from the womb.

Llamas
07-25-2006, 07:06 PM
I'm 22 and still a virgin, but it's more of a choice. I've been given the oppurtunity countless times, but I've turned it down. I'm not waiting for marriage, but I'm waiting for something that means something. I've never had a relationship that's lasted more than 5 months, and the ones that lasted long enough just weren't anything that I deemed worth sex. I've done plenty of other stuff with guys, but I just want sex to mean something. God that is sappy :-P

BREAK
07-25-2006, 07:10 PM
I know a guy who's 40 who might possibly be a virgin, a guy in his 30's who is definitely a virgin, and another guy whose identity I will protect who just kissed a girl for the first time (he's my age).

It's not unnatural.

Paint_It_Black
07-25-2006, 07:37 PM
I'm not waiting for marriage, but I'm waiting for something that means something.

I'm torn on how I feel about that. Look at it one way and it's a great thing. I did a similar thing myself, as in I waited for somebody I really loved. BUT, I now feel that sex doesn't necessarily have to mean anything. It's great to do just for fun. I'm glad I didn't wait a really long time and then discover that I would have preferred to be having sex all those years. I don't want to sound like a total slut though, I do need to at least like the person quite a lot.

JohnnyNemesis
07-25-2006, 09:36 PM

*h8s sKratch and Mike* :( :mad:

Betty
07-25-2006, 11:03 PM
My one friend falls into the "never having kissed a girl, at age 24, category." I'm sure it's not for lack of desire, and not even TERRIBLE social skills. But pretty bad social skills and particularly bad woman-picking-up skills. He's convinced he'll die a batchelor, poor kid.

The "paper balls" flirting technique totally reminds me of the boy that I've kinda been flirting with (and occasionally drunken making out with) lately. He's very juvenile about it, like how boys flirt when they're 12, and his friend compared him to his "25 year old virgin friend" while reassuring me not to worry, he was sure that he had gotten some. I really couldn't say for sure. But he's so CUTE regardless... gah!

ninthlayer
07-26-2006, 12:55 AM
I rate this thread as fratastic.

Vera
07-26-2006, 01:51 AM
This thread makes me want to go all emo on my own virgindom. My own analysis of why my hymen stays as it is - I'm shy as fuck, insecure to boot, terrified of rejection and in all honesty, one of those "personality" (read: unattractive) girls who guys may find fun to talk to but fuck? Naaw. So it's not like I've honestly had chances or anything, but really, even if I had them, I would've probably turned them down in fear of ..well, something happening, really.

ninthlayer
07-26-2006, 01:54 AM
Come to New York, I'll secks you.

Mota Boy
07-26-2006, 02:58 AM
ilovellamas, did you ever wonder if

I've been given the oppurtunity countless times, but I've turned it down.

and

I've never had a relationship that's lasted more than 5 months...

are related?

Vera
07-26-2006, 03:50 AM
Come to New York, I'll secks you.
You just want me for my personality. :(

ninthlayer
07-26-2006, 10:47 AM
No, for your gash.

JohnnyNemesis
07-26-2006, 05:21 PM
I strongly approve of Sean & Sanni's interaction in this thread, but as usual, Mota makes me unbelievably happy again.

Llamas
07-26-2006, 06:50 PM
ilovellamas, did you ever wonder if

and

are related?

due to the fact that I ended the relationships, I pretty much doubt it. I've never had a guy break up with me in something that lasted longer than a month.

HornyPope
07-26-2006, 07:10 PM
Virgin.

http://i7.tinypic.com/21320za.jpg

DeAtHsTaR
07-26-2006, 07:41 PM
Virgin.

Bahahaha he looks like this gay kid I know!

Fifty-Four Forty or Fight
07-26-2006, 07:43 PM
Most people do not have sexual intercorse until they are married, and if they never get married, then they never have sexual intercorse.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2813/bowserroarsmallanisc5.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Llamas
07-27-2006, 12:40 AM
hahaha who's that guy?? and he's holding 20s... so he'd probably got like $200 there. haha and the knives on the wall... man, he's so gangsta ;)

ninthlayer
07-27-2006, 12:45 AM
Most people do not have sexual intercorse until they are married, and if they never get married, then they never have sexual intercorse.
Quoted for naivety.

HornyPope
07-27-2006, 12:54 AM
hahaha who's that guy?? and he's holding 20s... so he'd probably got like $200 there. haha and the knives on the wall... man, he's so gangsta ;)

Post your picture. I'm curious to see how much appearance counted towards you remaining virgin.

Outerbands
07-27-2006, 01:01 AM
Involuntary Celibacy (http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=involuntary+celibacy&spell=1)

Paint_It_Black
07-27-2006, 01:17 AM
Post your picture. I'm curious to see how much appearance counted towards you remaining virgin.

She's posted it before. She's pretty cute.

Betty
07-27-2006, 01:19 AM
Involuntary Celibacy (http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=involuntary+celibacy&spell=1)

Ha, I like "non-ogamous"

HornyPope
07-27-2006, 01:37 AM
She's posted it before. She's pretty cute.

Oh yeah, good thing that photo album archive. She's pretty.

Sunny
07-27-2006, 07:56 AM

quoted for lol.

T-6005
07-27-2006, 09:32 AM

Were we in person, I'd ask you to repeat that.

Actually, please do. My disbelief is that strong.

Andy
07-27-2006, 10:24 AM
When I was 14 I told myself that if I was still a virgin when I reached 25 I'd just get a whore.

Llamas
07-27-2006, 08:28 PM
Oh yeah, good thing that photo album archive. She's pretty.

I'd admit it if it was involuntary celebacy :-P it's honestly been totally voluntary. Hell, if it was involuntary, I'd probably lie and say I wasn't a virgin.. haha.

Outerbands
07-28-2006, 02:25 AM
When I was 14 I told myself that if I was still a virgin when I reached 25 I'd just get a whore.

Haha! Did the same thing, well my cutoff was 20

JohnnyNemesis
07-28-2006, 05:53 AM
I knew a kid who set his cutoff at 16.

I'm serious. It was mindboggling.

Nina
07-28-2006, 06:39 AM
Uh...
I dont understand most people in here.

It's definitely a culture thing. I'm in between two completely different cultures as some of you know, so I think I can relate, and should try to explain.

In a western country it might be weird to be an "old" virgin, but in middle eastern countries it surely isnt (Gülsah already pointed it out). I dont find Per's question absurd at all, and I dont find it stupid, but don't we all know that extremely religious people don't have sex until marriage? And don't we all also know that some people simply dont marry because they dont find the right person/a person at all/for whatever reason?

Also, what about nuns? A lot of them get pregnant anyway (lolz), but many dont.

mrconeman
07-28-2006, 06:56 AM
Virgin.

Must find and punch in the ear.

HornyPope
07-28-2006, 07:36 AM
I'd admit it if it was involuntary celebacy :-P it's honestly been totally voluntary. Hell, if it was involuntary, I'd probably lie and say I wasn't a virgin.. haha.

I don't as much mind the liars who pretend they lost their virginity because that's the most natural, easiest reaction to protect oneself from judgement (when the peer pressure is to lose it), it's the i-have-standards twats I despise. Well, despise is a strong word... let's just say I only feel like gouing their eyes out.

Speaking of voluntary and nothing but, would you like me to rape you? Alternatively, I may arrange someone else for the deed. (if you can't have the sex, make the money. a jewish proverb im sure)

HornyPope
07-28-2006, 07:47 AM

Yeah me too, but my problem was I wasn't ready to handle the sexual connotations with a whore no more than I could handle with the quintessential girlfriend. Only improvement the whore offered over the "girlfriend" is I didn't have to fear rejection.

Hence the common belief that any woman = whore.

I kid, I kid. I love women!

Paint_It_Black
07-28-2006, 08:29 AM
Only improvement the whore offered over the "girlfriend" is I didn't have to fear rejection.

Perhaps you should actually fear it more. Sure, the chances of a whore rejecting you are lower than that of a non-whore, but the damage of being rejected by a whore would surely be much greater. I suppose it just depends on whether you base your fear on the probability of occurance or the severity of the consequence.

So, if by age X all you virgins out there have still not come close to a vagina since your own birth, remember this. You might be so worthless that nobody would even fuck you for money.

I kid, I kid. Maria would fuck you for money.

0r4ng3
07-28-2006, 08:30 AM
You might be so worthless that nobody would even fuck you for money.
Thanks, but I didn't need you to confirm that for me.

Paint_It_Black
07-28-2006, 08:34 AM
Thanks, but I didn't need you to confirm that for me.

You? 0r4ng3, I highly doubt you'll have trouble finding a place to release your juice. Girls love a sense of humour, and at the risk of repeating myself, you're the funniest fruit I know.

0r4ng3
07-28-2006, 08:36 AM
Yeah, I guess so. I don't know what that was all about. Sometimes I become the Emo Orange.

crawling in my peel, these wounds they will not heal... :(

Izie
07-28-2006, 08:43 AM

I lolled and choked on tea, thanks. But really, that's great.

Paint_It_Black
07-28-2006, 08:46 AM
I lolled and choked on tea, thanks. But really, that's great.

Does that mean you'll sleep with him? You kinda have to now. I just told the poor guy his comedic skills will get him laid. Don't take that away from him.

Izie
07-28-2006, 09:06 AM
Listen here Mister, just because YOU said it doesn't mean I have to implement it :p

But given the fact I like the fruit, maybe things could be arranged ;p

HornyPope
07-28-2006, 09:24 AM
Perhaps you should actually fear it more. Sure, the chances of a whore rejecting you are lower than that of a non-whore, but the damage of being rejected by a whore would surely be much greater. I suppose it just depends on whether you base your fear on the probability of occurance or the severity of the consequence.

It's not impossible, but how much of a loser do you have to be to be rejected by a whore? For all but the ugliest, pathetic and complexed among us, I think the extremly low probability of occurance makes the fears negligable.

wheelchairman
07-28-2006, 09:47 AM
0r4ng3 will always be a virgin. I mean look at his name, alternating caps, numbers. Everyone this bbs with alternating caps is a virgin. Until he changes that he will be a virgin. Det er meget meget trist for Gudinden.

0r4ng3
07-28-2006, 11:00 AM
Everyone this bbs with alternating caps is a virgin.
I see no alternating caps.

wheelchairman
07-28-2006, 11:21 AM
The 0 can be interpreted as a capital o in the eyes of God.

0r4ng3
07-28-2006, 11:24 AM
More like the eyes of g0d, amirite?

wheelchairman
07-28-2006, 11:27 AM
No. In fact, that's even less points in the book of God. You might be 60 when you pop your cherry. Careful my citrusy friend.

Jebus
07-28-2006, 01:17 PM
Yeah, I guess so. I don't know what that was all about. Sometimes I become the Emo Orange.

http://emooranges.ytmnd.com/

Vera
07-28-2006, 01:57 PM
But given the fact I like the fruit, maybe things could be arranged ;p
Now I have a mental image of you drunkenly humping an orange. The funniest thing is that it doesn't even seem unlikely thanks to all the mad happenings in A-dam.

Izie
07-28-2006, 02:04 PM
Now I have a mental image of you drunkenly humping an orange. The funniest thing is that it doesn't even seem unlikely thanks to all the mad happenings in A-dam.

Why drunkenly?

Llamas
07-28-2006, 02:11 PM
I don't as much mind the liars who pretend they lost their virginity because that's the most natural, easiest reaction to protect oneself from judgement (when the peer pressure is to lose it), it's the i-have-standards twats I despise. Well, despise is a strong word... let's just say I only feel like gouing their eyes out.

Speaking of voluntary and nothing but, would you like me to rape you? Alternatively, I may arrange someone else for the deed. (if you can't have the sex, make the money. a jewish proverb im sure)

what? you despise people who set their own standards on who they sleep with? it's not like I parade around with celebacy signs, or tell people sex is wrong. It's a personal choice. I don't not sleep with guys cause I'm pretentious. If a guy is gonna get pissed and worked up because of that, he really needs to grow a little maturity. and probably not date me, because nothing is more of a turn off than a guy getting pissed over that.

I don't get the rape part... maybe I'm just reading it wrong. I'm voluntarily a virgin... so you're saying what if I was raped? then I'd be involuntarily not a virgin?

Sin Studly
07-28-2006, 02:13 PM
it's the i-have-standards twats I despise. Well, despise is a strong word... let's just say I only feel like gouing their eyes out.

Agreed 100%. If people are grasping at excuses that fucking pathetic they should just lie about it.

Vera
07-28-2006, 02:47 PM
Why drunkenly?
Because I keep forgetting sober-Iza would also hump an orange. :(

Izie
07-28-2006, 02:50 PM
Because I keep forgetting sober-Iza would also hump an orange. :(

Everyone does :( So they offer me booze, and I have to refuse, so they'd remember that I'm insane enough as it is. Heh.

HornyPope
07-28-2006, 05:44 PM
what? you despise people who set their own standards on who they sleep with? it's not like I parade around with celebacy signs, or tell people sex is wrong. It's a personal choice. I don't not sleep with guys cause I'm pretentious. If a guy is gonna get pissed and worked up because of that, he really needs to grow a little maturity. and probably not date me, because nothing is more of a turn off than a guy getting pissed over that.

I don't get the rape part... maybe I'm just reading it wrong. I'm voluntarily a virgin... so you're saying what if I was raped? then I'd be involuntarily not a virgin?

Don't worry, you're fine. I meant someone else in my descrption, the people who say their celibacy is voluntary to really mask for their hideous apperance and inability to get it on with anyone.

0r4ng3
07-28-2006, 08:41 PM
It's like how people say they're straight edge even though they're under 21.

DeAtHsTaR
07-28-2006, 11:01 PM
It's like how people say they're straight edge even though they're under 21.
Yeah, because everyone knows it's impossible to procure drugs or alcohol until you're 21.

Paint_It_Black
07-29-2006, 04:45 AM
Yeah, because everyone knows it's impossible to procure drugs or alcohol until you're 21.

Oh, fucking Christ. Someone kill me now. I was about to say almost exactly the same thing as Dain.

0r4ng3
07-29-2006, 09:26 AM
Hold on a second, I didn't fully explain.

I got nothing.

Llamas
07-29-2006, 04:19 PM
Don't worry, you're fine. I meant someone else in my descrption, the people who say their celibacy is voluntary to really mask for their hideous apperance and inability to get it on with anyone.

gotcha. that annoys the shit out of me, too. and there are plenty of those people out there who make it look bad for those of us who are legitamate.

also people who are celebate and parade around with it and brag about how right and moral they are. that shit does piss me off almost as much as people who lie about it. almost.