PDA

View Full Version : Lostprophets

the Alternate
07-25-2006, 12:03 PM
My first step in listening the "Hard & Heavy" was the Offspring but albums by Offy seem to appear not so frequent so having a need to fill the time (and soul actually) with the brand new melodies I just began to notice some other groups in the alt. Rock style of playing including the Lostprophets... Recently they've introduced a new album "Liberation Transmission" which I've found pretty much confusing after an outstanding last one - "Start something"... That doesn't mean I think it's awful but I just can't tell an accurate opinion about it... So I'd like to see some points from you guys. An overtaking thanks for the participation! :-p

coke_a_holic
07-25-2006, 12:08 PM
I don't really like them, though Last Train Home was catchy. My brother bought the cd when it came out, but was pretty much unimpressed by it. I didn't bother to listen to it after he told me what he thought. It isn't really our style of music.

- -Lauren- -
07-25-2006, 12:37 PM
I liked Rooftops from LT, and I was considering buying it.

Never Gonna Find Me
07-25-2006, 01:51 PM
I have The Fake Sound Of Progress and Liberation Transmission by them. Those two albums I think are very good and catchy. I think my friend has got me a ticket to see them soon.

the Alternate
07-26-2006, 06:06 AM
The special thing about the Lostprophets was that I didn't liked them either from the first time I listened to them. At first I liked only "I don't know" and "Last train home" but the more I listened to them the more I liked their style and now all the album is at my mp3 player... :) Every song at "Start something" is some other tone of the mood.
At the "Liberation Transmission" songs are a bit more smooth... Now I like the Broken Hearts, Torn up letters... and "can't catch tomorrow...", maybe Rooftops. But unfortunately there's no real drive as it was with "We still kill the old way", "To hell we ride" or "We are Godzilla you are Japan"...
But anyway to my point of view, these Welshs are worth listening...

Dropkick Murphys
07-26-2006, 02:39 PM
great band, I`ve got both of their lps.. "shinobi vs.dragon ninja" is a brilliant song too..
rooftops isnt within the best 20 songs from lostprophets as far as I`m considered.. actually just deleted it.

Retard
07-26-2006, 10:00 PM
I like the new one, but its nothing compared to Start Something

the Alternate
07-27-2006, 03:07 AM
I like the new one, but its nothing compared to Start Something

That's it! The main thing is it is basically not alike. It is completely different but I don't know whether it is good or not. At first look the variety is good but not that way, probably...

Never Gonna Find Me
07-27-2006, 05:29 AM
great band, I`ve got both of their lps.. "shinobi vs.dragon ninja" is a brilliant song too..
rooftops isnt within the best 20 songs from lostprophets as far as I`m considered.. actually just deleted it.I agree that Shinobi Vs. Dragon Ninja is fantastic, and also I don't think Rooftops is the strongest song on Liberation Transmission at all.

Retard
07-27-2006, 08:03 AM
to me it gets less and less interesting as it goes on. unlike Start Something, i still need to get the first one.

Yatesy
07-27-2006, 01:35 PM
I really dislike this band, they're just annoying to me. But I'll admit their first 2 singles (Fake Sound Of Progress and Dragon Shinobi vs Ninja or something like that) are pretty good songs. However it seems the more they record and release, the worse they get.

the Alternate
07-28-2006, 05:10 AM
they're just annoying to me.
Explain please! How the band can be annoying? It is just about whether you listen to them or not... Start something is pretty nice album for my point of view...

Yatesy
07-28-2006, 10:31 AM
Explain please! How the band can be annoying? It is just about whether you listen to them or not... Start something is pretty nice album for my point of view...

Simple, I jut can't stand Ian Watkins voice, it's very whiny and irritating. Also, there's nothing new about any of the songs, they all just sound to similar to me and their style of music isn't for me really, hope that clears things up for you.

FrancoDaHui
08-01-2006, 08:02 AM
well i like this band, but i'll never take them seriously, they're too pop

i really like the new transmission, best song off the new album

BuddyHolly
08-01-2006, 09:41 AM
They were supposed to play these 2 festivals here in Holland about 2 years ago but they had to cancel both shows. Then they decided to do a show for free in a pretty small club in Amsterdam and you could get tickets by entering some competition. And that's what I did. So at some Tuesday I was checking my e-mail and found out that I had won 2 tickets to that show... wich was the saturday before :mad:

pretty fly 88
08-01-2006, 06:34 PM
I used to like the Lost Prophets. A couple years ago, they played at a huge festival in this area and put on a really good show. The Offsp[ring were there, too, and of course put on a much better show, but I really liked the Lost Prophets then. I liked the song "Last Train Home"

HeadAroundU
08-21-2006, 08:39 PM
I'm starting to love them. Start something and Liberation transmission are very very good albums. LT is better but that's only because it's released 2 years later. They are getting better and better. I would like to compare them with AFI. STS and DU = SS and LT. If you dunno Josh Freese did the drums on the LT. Man, this guy is everywhere. I love him.
Outstanding tracks so far:
SS - Last summer, Make A Move, I Don't Know, Hello Again, Burn Burn
LT - A town called hypocrisy, Heaven for the weather Hell for the company, Everyday combat, Rooftops, 4:AM forever

.:SMASH:.
08-21-2006, 09:14 PM
We still kill the old way is pretty mad. the only other song i've heard from them is rooftops...i think i'll download them when i get home...any album suggestions?

HeadAroundU
08-21-2006, 09:42 PM
"Start something" is the best place to start for you. :cool:

Whiplash
08-23-2006, 09:03 AM
Ich liebe them. Sorry really gay half german half english. :rolleyes:

.:SMASH:.
08-24-2006, 12:59 AM
"Start something" is the best place to start for you. :cool:
yeah i just downloaded it and im love with it! thanx man! but their new album is balls! they are like the used 2 now :(

Never Gonna Find Me
08-24-2006, 05:22 AM
I'm starting to love them. Start something and Liberation transmission are very very good albums. LT is better but that's only because it's released 2 years later. They are getting better and better. I would like to compare them with AFI. STS and DU = SS and LT. If you dunno Josh Freese did the drums on the LT. Man, this guy is everywhere. I love him.
Outstanding tracks so far:
SS - Last summer, Make A Move, I Don't Know, Hello Again, Burn Burn
LT - A town called hypocrisy, Heaven for the weather Hell for the company, Everyday combat, Rooftops, 4:AM foreverI totally agree. Everyday Combat and 4:AM Forever are my favourites on LT.

o-f-f-s-p-r-i-n-g
08-24-2006, 09:12 AM
For those of yoou who want to see them (most of you hopefully :) ):
http://www.sstxo.com/vteam/projects/LP_falltour_468x60.gif (http://www.myspace.com/lostprophets)

Lars
08-24-2006, 09:29 AM
This thread makes me laugh.

the Alternate
08-25-2006, 08:29 AM
Good things are "Last Train Home" and "We are Godzilla You are Japan" - they're completely different but are good to start. The more I listened to them I began to like all the album. Last Summer is good to sing around the fire ")

This thread makes me laugh.

So what? You became a bit better or more clever? No. So what's then? You tried to look at 1 billion bucks but you showed your dumbness only. If you dislike, keep silence. Try to think about it (If you can)

HeadAroundU
08-25-2006, 04:33 PM
So what? You became a bit better or more clever? No. So what's then? You tried to look at 1 billion bucks but you showed your dumbness only. If you dislike, keep silence. Try to think about it (If you can)
No, it's you who showed the dumbness. Try to think about it (If you can).

Never Gonna Find Me
09-01-2006, 03:42 AM
For those of yoou who want to see them (most of you hopefully :) ):
http://www.sstxo.com/vteam/projects/LP_falltour_468x60.gif (http://www.myspace.com/lostprophets)They're not playing near me. :( Damn.

offspring kid
10-22-2006, 08:05 AM
" Start Something " is so far the best album i think, really catchy rifs and songs full of energy!...but i'm not satisfied with their latest album it dosen't has the same energy and cool melodies, the only song i like from that album is Everyday Combat and thats it.