PDA

View Full Version : Britmail spam

the_GoDdEsS
07-26-2006, 10:54 AM
You know the routine. You check your e-mail and expect some work-related new messages and instead of that there is this ridiculous thing. I curiously opened my Inbox only to find out I got one e-mail five times. Somebody must have been anxious.

Subject line: The offspring + how beautiful are you!

Hi my name is Clint from the uk i was browsing the offspring forum trying to find bits of info about offspring tabs for the acoustic and noticed you had written a few bits + if that pic is you i notice how amazingly beautiful you are! tell me how is it all Slovakian girls are like models!? i went out there a few years ago skiing and went to the main city great fun apart from only one of my friends spoke slovakian.

Anyway i dont suppose you know and acoustic tabs for any offspring songs or any good websites?

thanks for your help!

Somebody help him out. I am far too busy being a Slovakian model or whatever it is.

mrconeman
07-26-2006, 11:23 AM
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/offspring_tabs.htm

Umm... Also tell him theres no such thing as an acoustic tab. A tab for an electric guitar song will transpose exactly the same onto an acoustic, same with acoustic to electric.

Izie
07-26-2006, 11:35 AM
He was just trying to be nice, don't be mean!

I mean, he's British, you know.

the_GoDdEsS
07-26-2006, 11:37 AM
He was just trying to be nice, don't be mean!

I mean, he's British, you know.

I thought it was funny. If I got it once, fine. But five times. Really, what the hell?

Izie
07-26-2006, 11:38 AM
Hey I'd prolly still be getting weirdasspoems had I not blocked the address.

People are strange. *hums the song*

nieh
07-26-2006, 11:39 AM
He's a budding musician. You can't hold it against him if he's a bit eccentric.

ofsmurfsandpixies
07-26-2006, 12:00 PM
these crazy pedos....

wheelchairman
07-26-2006, 01:05 PM
He's a budding musician. You can't hold it against him if he's a bit eccentric.
Hell yes you can. The vast majority of them are sick, perverted and desperate. With the exception of those in the movie Airheads.

nieh
07-26-2006, 01:27 PM
You don't think checking out naked pictures of Bea Arthur is sick, perverted and desperate?

killer_queen
07-26-2006, 01:29 PM
Aww, this is so cute, I think. And also, annoying on so many levels. Still, having an e-stalker is so much better than having a real life stalker.

JohnnyNemesis
07-26-2006, 04:19 PM
The fact that someone asked Simma for Offspring tabs is the most amusing part of it all.

Nina
07-27-2006, 10:29 AM
I think he's just trying to get in touch. And it's very likely that he doesnt know you the way the oldies know you, so I think this is all pretty normal..