PDA

View Full Version : Dragonforce

DICKON
07-26-2006, 06:15 PM
anyone like them? i just got sonic firestorm, and its fuckin quality! :D

opivy21
07-26-2006, 06:23 PM
They can play their instruments better than I could ever dream of doing, but they're also horribly cheesy. I don't really care for them.

0r4ng3
07-26-2006, 09:33 PM
Yes, I love Dragonforce. Inhuman Rampage is my favorite.

RickyCrack
07-26-2006, 09:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7_JafYlMY8&search=dragonforce

Hell fucking yes.

0r4ng3
07-26-2006, 10:05 PM
^ Haha, that clip's awesome, especially how they label the song "Through the Wire".

RickyCrack
07-26-2006, 10:12 PM
I think that's the name of the album. However, I'm probably wrong since my new room mate just introduced them to me.

0r4ng3
07-26-2006, 10:13 PM
Nope, the album is called Inhuman Rampage. The mislabel is just MTV2 being stupid.

All About Eve
07-26-2006, 10:51 PM
yeah, I have Inhuman Rampage, but not Sonic Firestorm. I think I'd like Sonic Firestorm better, just can't find it anywhere.

Mannen som blev en gris
07-27-2006, 11:19 AM
I've heard they have no bassist. Is that true?

And I don't think the band is that special at all. I haven't heard much, but to me they sound just like a heavier Hammerfall.

coke_a_holic
07-27-2006, 01:19 PM
Uh, they're fucking insane. I've only heard Through the Fire and the Flames, but it was so very enjoyable.

Yatesy
07-27-2006, 01:32 PM

Umm the last time I heard they had some French dude (can't remember his name). For the record, I think this band are awesome, I don't see why people dislike them for being cheesy, that's part of their appeal imo. I've only heard a few songs off Sonic Firestorm and I have Inhuman rampage which is just brilliant.

Professor Chaos
07-27-2006, 01:33 PM

No, it's not.

I've only heard like two songs by them, but they sound pretty good.

DICKON
07-28-2006, 06:42 AM
DragonForce- Fury of the Storm (http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=1337205)

it is an amazing song.

Athom
07-28-2006, 11:33 AM
Pretty good band, cheesy as chedder but I'm looking forward to seeing them in London.

DICKON
07-28-2006, 04:17 PM
yeh they are pretty cheesy, but the guitars and drums make up for the lyrics by far!

Tehran
07-29-2006, 07:46 AM
I think DragonForce are awesome, Herman Li is one mega guitarist, but Sam is just as talented. I've been trying to play 'Soldiers of the Wasteland' but i've only managed to learn the slower parts. :(

My ratings of their albums:

Valley of the Damned: 9/10
Sonic Firestorm: 10/10
Inhuman Rampage: 8/10

Sonic Firestorm is just a phenomenal album, I can't find any other words to descibe how good it is. With IR, it's quite difficult to listen to it all in one go as it's blisteringly quick and would most likely melt your brain if you listened to it through earphones. :p So it's good in small amounts. :)

Also my short review of their Newcastle gig:

"Edguy was great... very much sounding like Bruce Dickinson, they even played about 30 seconds of The Trooper which made the crowd go insane. It would have been great if the played for longer but still they really got the crowd going. I missed Sabaton 'cause I was at the bar...

Dragonforce were absolutly brilliant, the solos were almost perfect and the keybord and guitar solos were awesome. The set list was:

My Spirit Will Go On
Fury Of The Storm
Storming The Burning Fields
Once In A lifetime
Operation Ground And Pound
Trail Of Broken Hearts

Keyboard & Guitar Solos

Soldiers Of The Wasteland
Blackfire
Through The Fire And Flames
Heart Of A Dragon
Valley Of The Damned

I came out with ringing in my ears and a t-shirt and sweat band... also had a hotdog when I got out.

Oh I forgot, I got to shake hands with Herman!

All in all, an awesome and very much enjoyed gig!!! Very Happy"

All About Eve
07-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Dudes, all power (and most prog, for that matter) metal is cheesey. DragonForce is actually on the lesser side. Lyrics mean nothing in metal.

DICKON
07-30-2006, 05:25 AM
and i found out that the DragonForce guitarist (Hernan Li) only started playin when he was 16 :eek: ! which i find scary! and i can use it as an excuse as to why i shall never be as good as him, i started at 15, I STARTED 2 EARLY :D !

mrconeman
07-30-2006, 06:25 AM
and i found out that the DragonForce guitarist (Hernan Li) only started playin when he was 16 :eek: ! which i find scary! and i can use it as an excuse as to why i shall never be as good as him, i started at 15, I STARTED 2 EARLY :D !
Thats pretty average for a guitarist. Unless you're forced into it by your parents or just very well developed no one is very likely to be playing guitar properly before like 12-15, (and even 12 is unlikely.) unless quite young and getting lessons.

Many guitarists, better than Herman I might add, started later than 16.

0r4ng3
08-18-2006, 12:22 PM
New DragonForce video! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywxm6zLEjFY)

For Operation Ground and Pound.

It's pretty much exactly like Through the Fire and Flames, except with mountains. And space ships. And explosions. And dust storms.

Edit: And lightning.

mrconeman
08-18-2006, 12:36 PM
That video almost tastes like cheddar its that cheesy. Pretty cool guitar playing though.

Tigger Army
08-18-2006, 12:54 PM
That video almost tastes like cheddar its that cheesy. Pretty cool guitar playing though.
Valley of the damned was SO far superior to the second album I almost cried. I haven't heard the newest though. But yeah they really know how to use their instruments

Jebus
08-18-2006, 01:00 PM

It's pretty much exactly like Through the Fire and Flames, except with mountains. And space ships. And explosions. And dust storms.

This sound like a mediocre version of that other song with a video. It sounded like they reused a lot of the same vocal melodies and guitar runs. It also seems to have the same basic structure.

mrconeman
08-18-2006, 01:02 PM
Agreed, thats probably the main reason I'm not a fan, everything I've heard from them sounds exactly like something else they have done.

Tigger Army
08-18-2006, 01:14 PM
This sound like a mediocre version of that other song with a video. It sounded like they reused a lot of the same vocal melodies and guitar runs. It also seems to have the same basic structure.

Most bands have the same problem with the basic structure though.

DeAtHsTaR
08-18-2006, 01:18 PM

And it has a keytar.

EDIT: Did anyone else find it hilarious when it said "brutal combo" on the screen during the solo which sounds remarkably like video game music?