PDA

View Full Version : Has Arnold done good?

neocon58
12-18-2004, 07:28 PM
Has Arnold Swarchanberger (or however you spell it) done any good in California. I know he tried to pay off the debt with his own money but they wouldn't let him.

But even if they did, the quick fix dosen't fix anything in the long term.

Your opinion on the gap-toothed Austrian governor below.\/

black&green&ppl
12-18-2004, 07:41 PM
honestly i think his doing ok.but i hope that the u.s. govenorment doesnt screw everything up and let arnold run for president cuz then we might have another hitler on our hands!!!! :eek: :( cuz then that would be really stupid

GreenTerror
12-18-2004, 08:44 PM
lol, Hitler HA
I honestly woulden't know because I don't live in California, But I'm assuming it might be kinda weird haveing the Termonator for your governor...
you're all just a bunch of girlie-men anyway lol :p

black&green&ppl
12-18-2004, 08:56 PM
green terror ur funny

Sexy Panda
12-19-2004, 05:06 AM
Can someone with a brain respond to this, because I'm also interested in hearing some INFORMED views.

Maria
12-19-2004, 05:21 AM
honestly i think his doing ok.but i hope that the u.s. govenorment doesnt screw everything up and let arnold run for president cuz then we might have another hitler on our hands!!!! :eek: :( cuz then that would be really stupid

OMFFFG!!
Dude, please don't miss history class again...
Hitler was german leader.

Kitten
12-19-2004, 06:01 AM
OMFFFG!!
Dude, please don't miss history class again...
Hitler was german leader.

Wasn't he born in Austria?

neocon58
12-20-2004, 01:16 AM
Wasn't he born in Austria?

yes both hitler and arnold

T-6005
12-20-2004, 01:41 AM
I'm sorry, was arnold a soldier during a massive war and write a book about how his country was stabbed in the back? Does he hold views on a superior race?

Somehow, him and Hitler have a FEW differences...

neocon58
12-22-2004, 02:08 AM
anybody got an opinon?

mrconeman
12-22-2004, 10:26 AM
GET TO DA CHOPPA! :eek:

wheelchairman
12-22-2004, 10:44 AM
all I can say about Arnold, is that a lot of us Marxist-Leninists had a good laugh when he started talking about growing up in Soviet-Austria. (checkout his speeches at the republican convention)

SicN Twisted
12-22-2004, 11:08 AM
Oh yeah, when driving through Soviet terretory, soldiers were likely to pull you out of your car and ship you off for slave labor, because that was oh so common in the Soviet Union. How ludicrous.

And then he goes on to talk about how real the American dream is and all that bullshit. It's like he lives in a bubble.

wheelchairman
12-22-2004, 11:17 AM
Am I ignorant, or was Austria never Soviet?
Oh that is quite correct. The entire thing was BS.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2004/09/03/state0639EDT0034.DTL

SicN Twisted
12-22-2004, 11:58 AM
I just read it, it's completely insane. America was like some caped crusader of good who helped stopped the evil Soviets who pulled random people out of their cars for slave labor, and now America is fighting in the sequel to the cold war: terrorism. He turned the elections into one of his movies; silly, unthoughtful macho rambling.

wheelchairman
12-22-2004, 12:05 PM
Yes it's amazing that he can get away with saying that. What's worse is no one seems to question it. No one really cares either. If they get enough feel-good machisimo and their adrenaline fix, then it seems like they'll just keep on supporting him.

VerySarcasticGirl
12-22-2004, 05:43 PM
fuck no, hes screwed us over with tuition for college!

acgc2002
12-22-2004, 06:14 PM
though he is very good looking, he made me quite bored. I read on the newspaper that all stray dogs in his state will be killed. I hate him forever because of that.

neocon58
12-23-2004, 05:25 PM
Noodles lives in OC. Pehaps he can give us his opinion...(take the hint...)

EDIT:anyone who lives in cali got anything to say?

lousyskater
12-27-2004, 07:46 PM
well, he hasn't really done a whole lot yet, so i don't think anyone really can say if he's doing good or not. but, he hasn't done anything noticably bad yet though. well, there. a californian's view on the matter.

StayInTheHouseCarl
12-27-2004, 10:52 PM
It Es Not A Toomur!

Noodles
12-27-2004, 10:53 PM
He cut some kind of deal with the teachers unions, in which they agreed to not get a raise or something for two years, but there are already murmurs that he'll have to make more cuts to education. Uneducated electorate = Republicans in office. (Not all republican's are stupid, but all stupid people are republicans)

At a Women's Day celebration in Long Beach a couple of weeks ago, he reffered to a group of nurses as a "special interest group" that should not be paid any attention. They were protesting because arnold is renegging on a deal that would have lessened the patient to nurse ratio. It was something the nurses' unions had fought for and won before Arnold became governor. On the plus side, he hasn't been accused of groping any nurses.

He also changed the rules governing workman's compensation in a way that helps insurance companies (not a "special interest group" under Arnold's rules) but leaves workers with less coverage.

I honestly haven't been following his moves the way I have been Bush's, and it may be too early to tell, but I'm not holding my breath for him to save us from our future.

StayInTheHouseCarl
12-27-2004, 11:00 PM
he thought he was doing everyone a favor by repealing the car tax. it was popular, but by looking at how the state is going now, we could have used that money really bad. tuitions going up for college, and he recently vetoed a bill that would have raised minimum wage. i know CA's minimum wage is higher than the national average, but when you look at the cost of living,and how it is consistently rising, it evens out.

dexterisMYman
12-27-2004, 11:04 PM
no arnold hasn't done ne good godamnit
we need new governer oh yeah i got my not my president shirt of gw bush and wear it proudly

Noodles
12-27-2004, 11:05 PM
Here's something:

www.arnoldwatch.org

Also, he never promised to pay off California's debt, only that he wouldn't take money from special interest groups in order to get elected. I remember him quickly breaking that promise and corporate dollars definitely helped pay for his campaign, not that they were needed. I think Arnold describes "special interest groups" as those short-bus riding lobbyists that don't have any money.

dexterisMYman
12-27-2004, 11:09 PM
Arnold N Bush R A Power Team!! They Promise Shit N Never Follow Through!
Ps Noodles Is The 2nd Best 1st Well The Name Gives It Away

StayInTheHouseCarl
12-27-2004, 11:11 PM
yeah cuz "special interest groups", the groups that arnold opposes are soooooo different from "interest groups", that give arnold money...

dexterisMYman
12-27-2004, 11:20 PM
arnold is his own special intrest group who the fuck voted 4 him cuz i sure as hell didnt??

StayInTheHouseCarl
12-27-2004, 11:24 PM
yeah, jack grisham all the way.
my sister made us t-shirts that said " for the red, white, and code blue".
its on my wall now, because it has vandals autographs on it.

dexterisMYman
12-27-2004, 11:26 PM
yeah him and bush r like fags that take our money