PDA

View Full Version : Worst live band you've been to see.

mrconeman
07-28-2006, 09:07 PM
Self explanitory really, but I dont mean a band you seen on youtube, I mean bands who you have actually been to see and sat through a whole live set (or at least left in discust), I think this could be interesting because it will most likely be a band you wanted to see, but ended up disapointed with.

Do explain though please, none of this "they r teh sux".

For me, Biffy Clyro opening for Velvet Revolver, I mean sure, I know opening bands arent really ever that great, but OH HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.
Not only the worst performance I've ever seen, just one of the worst experiances of my life, absolutely dreadfull, it felt like it went on for about 348 years, no one in the crowd moved once, and usually I feel bad for bands in that situation, but they totally deserved it, I cant stress enough how GOD AWFULLY BAD they are live.

Terrible stage presence.
Terrible music.
Terribly performed.
Terribly out of tune for about 3 songs.

The biggest cheer they got that night was when their banner was removed and it revealed a large VR banner, and then when some roadie brought Slash's hat and beers on stage the hat got a bigger cheer than Biffy Clyro.

XYlophonetreeZ
07-28-2006, 09:51 PM
Out of any bands, probably this local band called Vibrant Green. Out of more well-known bands, either Vertical Horizon or Third Eye Blind, who I had the misfortune of seeing at the same show way back like 5 years ago.

Jakebert
07-28-2006, 10:43 PM
My Chemical Romance, whom I saw when they opened for Green Day. I only saw 15 minutes of their show, but that was 15 minutes too long.

jacknife737
07-29-2006, 12:25 AM
The Start. Fucking horrible, the singer has no stage presence what so ever. They were openig up for Goldfinger, when i saw them

Chev_Am
07-29-2006, 12:29 AM
My Chemical Romance, whom I saw when they opened for Green Day. I only saw 15 minutes of their show, but that was 15 minutes too long.

I saw the same concert (In Albany), and I got the honor of seeing the whole thing. It's not only that I don't like them it's just horrible stage performance, way over rated, and the all over preformance was just bad.

Sin Studly
07-29-2006, 04:22 AM
This thread should be in GOD, not Other Bands.

H1T_That
07-29-2006, 05:36 AM
For me, Satyricon. But it wasn't really their fault it was the equipment.

Lars
07-29-2006, 06:37 AM
Deftones. Man, terrible, fucking atrocious, garbled shit.

They seem to be a very miss, or hit band live. It seems like all the people I've spoken to they're mainly miss live. When you have A Perfect Circle opening up for you with very nice live sound and then you come on with garbled shit so badly you can't even recognise a single part of the song(s) then you've got to be doing something wrong. I could blame the sound person but surely that can't purely be the cause. I left before possibly halfway through them, there was just no point.

I'm sure there's some others that were support bands but I can't remember them because of that fact.

offspring fan
07-29-2006, 06:47 AM
Snoop Dog. first he comes one hour later than he should and then he just plays for 40 minuts and talks half of the time. relly bad.

mrconeman
07-29-2006, 06:51 AM
The Start. Fucking horrible, the singer has no stage presence what so ever. They were openig up for Goldfinger, when i saw them
Agreed there. I seen them opening for The Offspring a few years back, they werent completely atrocious, but very far from good.

Jakebert
07-29-2006, 10:08 AM
I saw the same concert (In Albany), and I got the honor of seeing the whole thing. It's not only that I don't like them it's just horrible stage performance, way over rated, and the all over preformance was just bad.

Yeah, they were incredibly sloppy and the singer had to show off how many times he could say "fuck" when he talked to the audience. I hadn't really heard much of them before I saw them, but seeing them live made my dislike of them solid.

This thread should be in GOD, not Other Bands.

SNAPZ!

BREAK
07-29-2006, 11:28 AM
The worst overall is a band no one here will have heard of, some local-opener dudes that go by the name of The Sticklers. 2nd worst is another band along the same lines called Clifton. As for popular bands, I would have to say I didn't enjoy Against Me!'s set at all.

nieh
07-29-2006, 03:21 PM

I saw them live twice (once opening for Weezer, once for Offspring). I enjoyed them quite a bit at the Weezer show but they didn't get too into it at the Offspring show because Offspring fans are fucking morons and were booing them the entire time.

SkunkIt
07-29-2006, 03:48 PM
Without a doubt, Droid. I enjoyed the first song, but after that, all their songs sounded the same.

Llamas
07-29-2006, 04:48 PM
worst of the worst I've seen:

the Ataris
Evanescence
Third Eye Blind

I saw the ataris twice for free (once at warped tour, once at a show where I got free tickets). The first time, I excused it to bad acoustics. But it was bad both times. Singer can't sing or play guitar well, they weren't together... and they were boring.

Evanescence was free as well. (summerfest). All their songs ran together, amy lee is a horrible live singer, and she was obnoxious. ("OMG I'm so hardcore! I spit my water on the audience!!!") She was out of tune and boring.

Third Eye Blind was probably the worst of all. They opened with vanessa carlton for the goo goo dolls in 2002. Stephan Jenkins is a horrible musician. All he did was lead vocals (no guitars or anything) and he still sucked ass. He couldn't sing in tune, and half way through the show, he was no longer singing. He left nearly half the singing to the audience (even in songs that weren't singles), and the rest of the time, he was "talking" the vocals instead of singing them. The guitarist that they got post-blue sucks. he couldn't play most of the stuff from the s/t album well, and the music he was around for recording of was super easy. Plus, SJ had a horrible ego/attitude. He thinks he's hot stuff and that he's so talented.

Runners up include, Howie Day and Candlebox.

XYlophonetreeZ
07-29-2006, 06:36 PM
From what I remember, Third Eye Blind was exactly like that when I saw them. Except I definitely remember Stephan Jenkins playing some rhythm guitar. And they did a horrible version of Baba O'Riley. H8.

I'm surprised Candlebox was bad. They were never a very exciting band, but they've always seemed like quite a talented band who just lacked slightly in the songwriting department to me (except for "You" and "Arrow" which each kick immeasurable ass.) Kevin Martin's voice is amazing in all of their recordings.

ninthlayer
07-29-2006, 07:10 PM
MXPX - These assholes played before Billy Idol on last year's Warped Tour. Their songs were horrible and they played long past when they should have stopped. An audio shit sandwich.

the Offspring - Started playing while Billy Idol and crew were still in the middle of a set, launching into the most teen angsty song of their entire catalogue (All I Want), and immediately following it by whatever that new song was from the Greatest Hits album (the one I always took as being about them being washed up). Dexter's vocals were, as always, whiney and screechy as cats dying prolonged deaths.

My Chemical Romance - Horrible live. MCR continuously attempts and completely fails at crowd interaction. It was painful to experience. Perhaps they'd be better at a smaller venue, but as an arena rock band they fucking blow. Hard.

Coheed&Cambria - Needs to shut the fuck up. I saw these guys when they played with mewithoutYou and the Blood Brothers. I sat down in the back of the venue and talked to my girlfriend instead of paying attention to these faggots.

nameless
07-29-2006, 07:17 PM
worst headlining band for me was tiger army, i was just really dissapointed with them! they didnt put much effort into the show and just played the songs like a bit of a routine! they kept telling the crowd how much they loved the city they were in (they probably said that at every other show), the stand up bass player kept saying how great the evening was but then would start asking "you still there, i cant hear you guys" etc. due to it going so silent all the time!

i like thier music, maybe i just saw them on a off day!

jacknife737
07-29-2006, 07:40 PM
worst headlining band for me was tiger army,

Probably, I saw Tiger Army a couple years ago, and I thought they put on a hell of a live show.

ninthlayer
07-29-2006, 08:04 PM
They put on an amazing show when I saw them, of course that was a few years ago when Geoff Kresge and Fred Hell where in the band. I couldn't speak for the current lineup, as I've never seen them perform.

All About Eve
07-29-2006, 08:15 PM
Death by Stereo and Punchline were fucking awful. Fact. But the two that take the cake, are Dark Asylum (local), and Motion City Soundtrack. Jesus Christ, I've never been so close to crying from music.

Jakebert
07-29-2006, 08:41 PM
Another one I want to add to a runner's up list, even though I'll get a lot of people whining for it, is the Foo Fighters.

Don't get me wrong, they played well and everything, but the setlist was the single most predictable setlist ever, and they didn't even play one non-single. They extended the outro to every song by about 2 minutes, and not even in an interesting way. And Dave Grohl is one of the most annoying frontmen ever. If you added up all the time he talked, it'd probably equal about an hour total, and the concert was only about 2 hours, plus nothing he said was remotely interesting and the crowd went nuts after every sentance.

Llamas
07-29-2006, 08:44 PM
From what I remember, Third Eye Blind was exactly like that when I saw them. Except I definitely remember Stephan Jenkins playing some rhythm guitar. And they did a horrible version of Baba O'Riley. H8.

I'm surprised Candlebox was bad. They were never a very exciting band, but they've always seemed like quite a talented band who just lacked slightly in the songwriting department to me (except for "You" and "Arrow" which each kick immeasurable ass.) Kevin Martin's voice is amazing in all of their recordings.

SJ might have played some rhythm guitar for a couple slower songs... but I swear he barely played anything.

candlebox... well the singer was good, but the musicians weren't. and they were just very inactive, unenthused, and boring. I guess you can't expect too much from that type of music... I dunno. They didn't play "you" either :(

MXPX - These assholes played before Billy Idol on last year's Warped Tour. Their songs were horrible and they played long past when they should have stopped. An audio shit sandwich.

the Offspring - Started playing while Billy Idol and crew were still in the middle of a set, launching into the most teen angsty song of their entire catalogue (All I Want), and immediately following it by whatever that new song was from the Greatest Hits album (the one I always took as being about them being washed up). Dexter's vocals were, as always, whiney and screechy as cats dying prolonged deaths.

My Chemical Romance - Horrible live. MCR continuously attempts and completely fails at crowd interaction. It was painful to experience. Perhaps they'd be better at a smaller venue, but as an arena rock band they fucking blow. Hard.

Coheed&Cambria - Needs to shut the fuck up. I saw these guys when they played with mewithoutYou and the Blood Brothers. I sat down in the back of the venue and talked to my girlfriend instead of paying attention to these faggots.

oh gawd. i forgot about the suckitude of C&C and mxpx. FAR worse than candlebox or howie day.
I really like some of C&C's recorded stuff, so at summerfest last year, I left my friends (who went to see the gin blossoms) to go catch C&C by myself. I got way up close... I left after like 4 songs and fought my way through the gin blossoms crowd to find my friends. The washed up 90s gin blossoms were far better than C&C. the singer of that band just blows. His hair was too long and he couldn't get close to the mic cause of it, you could barely hear him... and when you could, he could not sing. The bass was WAYYYY too loud, which they did intentionally... probably to hide how much they suck... and only a few songs were good songs. I hate that fucking single "a flavor house atlantic" or whatever.

mxpx just straight up sucks. their fan base blows, and thinks that "moshing" is getting as close to the person next to you as possible and jumping up and down.

the offspring was good when I saw them. but "can't repeat" is no doubt about them being washed up. And MCR... I can't imagine ever seeing them live... their singer makes me want to put a gun in my mouth. And not just cause of the depressing lyrics.

SkunkIt
07-29-2006, 08:47 PM
Yes, Coheed and Cambira sucked ass. I walked away after half of their second song.

jacknife737
07-29-2006, 10:41 PM
MxPx isn't that bad live.

coke_a_holic
07-29-2006, 10:58 PM
Yes they are.

When I saw them with Streetlight Manifesto and Reel Big Fish, literally the entire place left before MxPx. And I was like, "wtf they're not THAT bad." Then left 10 minutes later into their set. They sound like watered-down Green Day. Which is already watered-down.

Retard
07-29-2006, 11:12 PM
I didnt like fucking Transistion either times i saw them with Reel Big Fish.

this band the Lingo was at a show i went to a few years ago, it sucked.

coke_a_holic
07-29-2006, 11:33 PM
I'm glad I missed them, I knew they sucked from their myspace.

Llamas
07-29-2006, 11:43 PM
Yes they are.

When I saw them with Streetlight Manifesto and Reel Big Fish, literally the entire place left before MxPx. And I was like, "wtf they're not THAT bad." Then left 10 minutes later into their set. They sound like watered-down Green Day. Which is already watered-down.

green day atleast actually made some good music in the past. mxpx doesn't even have that going for them. and their show was just SO boring. simple, repetitive music, typical unenergetic performace, crappy fanbase... meh.

Yatesy
07-30-2006, 08:03 AM
When I used to go to this rock night in Wigan, every so often they had a band on. Those were the worst nights of my life and I think everyone in the whole venue agreed. Every band they got to play always did the same thing and just covered as many Green Day songs as possible, I've never seen one god band there and the thing is I never will see a good band from Wigan because it just seems like every band that comes from Wigan are just bad. Then again, the bands that played at the venue I went to can't take all the credit for sucking, the actual venue has to take a lot of credit as well for having the worst sound I've ever heard. I've just remembered a bands name that have played there, MOCO and they're bad although I'll let them off for not playing any Green day but still they go for the horrible mediocre "Brit-Indie" sound.

platinumpt
07-30-2006, 08:22 AM
I've hated Horrorpops performance back in Barcelona, February 2004, when they opened the show for The Offspring.

Possible reasons:
1-The abysmal incoherence between music types. Offspring and Sun Eats Hours (the other opening band) =/////= Horrorpops.
2-Horrible sound conditions. All I was able to hear was noise. Terrible noise.
3-Weak presence on stage. I never liked clown-styled bands.
4-I was already waiting for The Offspring for a long time, that made me wish the Horrorpops' show ended as soon as possible... instead, it felt like it took a whole night long to end. I was terribly bored, and tired of my legs.

Other than that, I didn't like very much the Guano Apes' performance in Portugal two years ago. The vocalist had her vocals fucked up. In the most part of the show, you could barely hear her voice.

Jakebert
07-30-2006, 10:38 AM
When I used to go to this rock night in Wigan, every so often they had a band on. Those were the worst nights of my life and I think everyone in the whole venue agreed. Every band they got to play always did the same thing and just covered as many Green Day songs as possible, I've never seen one god band there and the thing is I never will see a good band from Wigan because it just seems like every band that comes from Wigan are just bad. Then again, the bands that played at the venue I went to can't take all the credit for sucking, the actual venue has to take a lot of credit as well for having the worst sound I've ever heard. I've just remembered a bands name that have played there, MOCO and they're bad although I'll let them off for not playing any Green day but still they go for the horrible mediocre "Brit-Indie" sound.

That's how the local gigs are here, too. It's either crappy Nirvana-wannabes, straight-ahead crap rock, or emo, and there's a few standards that at least 3 bands play every fucking time. At the last one I went to, half of the crowd left by the third band because everyone hated it.

Llamas
07-30-2006, 12:31 PM
my city is known for underground hard punk (lots and lots of basement shows), jazz, and white rap/funk. I like all three genres, so usually our festivals are good.

But we have some shitty on campus shows once in a while... I guess once smashing pumpkins played for free... but lately it's been shit like everclear and howie day. I don't go, even if it's free. Just not worth it.

Sheena-brfan
08-07-2006, 03:48 PM
I'm a huge fan of NOFX, but live, in Seattle they seriously sucked.
They were late, had a really sucky stage presense, and by that I mean, they kinda stood there screaming, "FUCK YOU ALL, WE HATE ALL OF YOU!" And only managed to play two songs in an hour.
And I actually like NOFX.